[Declined] can i be a fun member too?

All declined Applications are stored here.
Gold Stellar

can i be a fun member too?

Post by Gold Stellar »

name: Goldberg Micheal Stellar
in game name: Gold Stellar
experiance level: i play dm mostly when im here. and i play it 5 times a week, as well as go into other servers when people say they need help. i am well know here. and i can help and feel i must help everyone i can, as a debt to be paid to you all. i love this place. its so great!
average time spent on dm: 5 times a week, three hours a day.
started: about two, almost three years ago most of the time i was non-steam. now i am on steam. url thegoldstellar.
and i am a canadian

some things about myself: i care about you all. i love this place, a unique place that you can express your feelings, and share your thoughts. i have many posts about how i love this place, and i can post my beliefs and hopes and dreams and be supported. i know people here, and i think us all as friends. if anyone needs my help, i am there. i know the admins, and the members. i also am good friends with some of them (alot actually) and they are familiar with me. they have helped me, and i want to help you all. becoming a member means i can help support this community like a foundation supports a house. i want to help any way i can, and i feel this is the best way. i hope the best in everyone, and feel a connection to everyone, as i can relate to them. i have been through dark times, and seen death up close. i have experianced losses i should never have seen. and i keep getting back up. i wondered if i would ever find happiness, as i felt everything i hold onto slip away. but then i found the life line: nD community. people who care just as much as i do. if there is a problem, i wont try to find a solution. i WILL find a solution. i have the will to help, and i do that already. but an oppertunity to help is what i want, and here it is.

please let me help. i really feel i am in debt to you all for loving me and caring for me. believing in me. giving me a chance
and never letting me go. just as i will always hold on to you.
and i will never let you go.

some of my posts(the ones i felt really spoke truth and are relevant to this request): http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26840
http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26746 http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25960 http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=26047 http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=26692
T.O.A.O.,
Gold Stellar

Image Image
stickysteez

Re: can i be a fun member too?

Post by stickysteez »

You didn't name me in 'who is really the best in nD' so it's automatically declined.

Jokes aside, good to see you apply haven't seen you around yet so i'll pay some attention

Some advice:
* get yourself known
* act like you're allready member
* moderate where needed
* report rule-breakers

Good luck. Feel free to PM me when u need any help.
These users thanked the author stickysteez for the post (total 2):
g0mik, Gold Stellar
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
Gold Stellar

Post by Gold Stellar »

my id (i forgot to put it in) is
steam is http://steamcommunity.com/id/thegoldstellar/
sorry about that
i was multi tasking. easy to miss the small stuff when working on multiple things
my sincere apologies. i hope its not too late.
thank you for your support.

As always, The One And Only Gold Stellar, Weapon of Mass Distraction, getting it done since 1999. Boom.
T.O.A.O.,
Gold Stellar

Image Image
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

Hi removed the IP that you posted in your last reply. It is your steam Id we are interested in. This can be found by joining a server and type status in the console. Don't ever post your IP on the Internet, as its very easy to take advantage of it.
These users thanked the author Waschera for the post:
Gold Stellar
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Dee Dee

Post by Dee Dee »

Waschera wrote:Hi removed the IP that you posted in your last reply. It is your steam Id we are interested in. This can be found by joining a server and type status in the console. Don't ever post your IP on the Internet, as its very easy to take advantage of it.
His Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:151298193 (src)

Hey Gold, I will edit this post later giving you my feedback :)

So, hi again Gold! :)

I wanted to leave my small contribution here. Regarding your "pros":
  • 1. Your English level is very good (obviously)
    2. You are very active on the servers and in the forums
    3. You are well known in the community
    4. You are very polite and friendly to everyone*
    5. You are always willing to help*
However, there are two "cons" I see in your case:
1. Reports. You haven't made a single report and it's a rather big part of being a member. I suggest you start reporting rulebreakers when you see them, that way you're showing us you are able to do so. In case you don't know how to do it, check the spoiler.
Spoiler!
HOW TO REPORT

Below these lines you have the form that you have to fill out (which can be reached through this link). Let's go section by section.

• 1. Steam ID: The easiest way to get this is opening console ingame and typing "status". The list of the players will be displayed, so you just need to find the one you're looking for and copy the part that looks like STEAM_0:123456.

2. Name: The nickname of the player.

3. Server: Where the rulebreaker is playing.

4. Reason: The reason why you are reporting him.

5. Notes / Additional: For instance, if you spot a person using aim + wh, if you add "Cheating (Aim)" as Reason, you may add "he also had wh" as additional.

6. Proof of ID: You need to take a screenshot of the players ID. That is, when you type "status" in console, take a screenshot of that. There are several ways to do so. I think you can use F12 (default key) or just type "snapshot" in console. That picture will be then stored:
    - cstrike folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\cstrike
    - a path similar to this one: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\166557060\760\remote\10\screenshots

7. Demo: In case of cheaters, mic spam/harassment, ... You need to record a demo. You join the server as a spectator, spectate the player (in the case of cheaters), open console and type "record demoname.dem". Type "stop" in console when you are done. Your demo will be then saved in your cstrike folder (path above) and you will find it as "demoname.dem".

8. Screenshots: Needed when somebody is harassing through the chat. TEXT harassment. The procedure is the same as Proof of ID.
Once you have all this information (Proof of ID and Demo / Screenshots are crucial), you may submit your report. Note that you normally need either point 7 or 8 as proof and not both.
2. You would have to deal with a lot of toxic behaviour as a member and I don't know if you are ready for that. You are this super friendly person that likes everyone with no exceptions, but you would need to be ready to moderate when needed, be able to say "No. Enough", etc. I feel as if you could maybe be too lenient. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, since this is just a feeling I have.

In conclusion, I really encourage you to start reporting. Extend that attitude from will to actions. This is my advice and of course I wish you the best of luck.

* I hope you never lose these qualities. They make you very special
Shotex

Post by Shotex »

Hello gold stellar,
nice that u are willing to become nD member, i will start with pro's

pro's
friendly to everyone
always ready to help
very good English level
always discuss problems

Neiturals

u need more activity on forums/fun servers

con's
u need to make reports

Conclusion ---------- Yes

Good luck <3 <3
These users thanked the author Shotex for the post:
Gold Stellar
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

You tend to act as a decent member would; I basically agree on the pros Dee Dee listed. However you must start reporting people. It's not that difficult, takes just a couple minutes of your time. Show us that you care about the community keeping the servers clean by reporting. Your application really came as a surprise to me, so I waited a bit to think about it better, but I'm afraid I'm still not sure what to say. Anyway, start reporting and you should have little to no cons left.
These users thanked the author Cruxell for the post:
Gold Stellar
voodoo

Post by voodoo »

Hello Gold Stellar,
Gold Stellar wrote:can i be a fun member too?
Maybe Yess.

Pro's:

-You are active in forum
-Friendly
-Very good English level

Neutrals:

I usually see you in game (fun dm), so you need to be more active

Con's:

-Reports

Conclusion:

Be more active on game and start reporting(if it's possible)
I'll give you a YES.
Good Luck
These users thanked the author voodoo for the post (total 2):
doeda, Gold Stellar
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

You seem like a friendly guy, never had to warn you or seen you get into trouble with anyone. This is a massive pro imo. However, I feel as though you are a bit 'too nice', making yourself a very easy target for trolls. Not saying you should change, god no. Just hoping you are able to handle that, as when they all jump on you it is not a pleasant thing to be dealing with ;)

Aside that, please take a look at DeeDee's reply, as hers is the one that mirrors mine the most.

Good luck with your application!
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post:
Gold Stellar
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

Hello gold...

Pros
Friendly
active (ingame and forum)
Moderation

Cons
Reports

I see you can be a great member and u will be so helpful cause u are wise and u can judge fairly

Conclusion --> Yes

Gl buddy
These users thanked the author Romeo for the post:
Gold Stellar
Shadow Blade =)

Post by Shadow Blade =) »

Pros
Friendly
active
helps people

Cons
Reports

All you need to do is report the hackers and that you`ll be fine then its a YES From me
These users thanked the author Shadow Blade =) for the post:
Gold Stellar
Gold Stellar

Post by Gold Stellar »

thanks guys. i have been trying out making reports, and now i now how (thanks zero, dee [especially you, dee! without you i would be nowhere!!!!!!!], and shadow! and queen too for teaching me how to get it all together!)

i am doing what i can to catch hackers, but they dont just jump out at you. thanks guys. i will head your advice!!!!

and all those "pro's" is just what i do. i just want to help. and i know how to now. thanks. i am going to catch a hacker an report him (properly this time, with a demo. last time i didnt use one XD) i am currently looking for them, and am doing what i can. thank you all for your support! i wouldn't be anything without you! only you make me feel this way! and its cause of you i am here, and its cause of you i am brave enough to apply. thank you from the bottom of my leg. i would say heart, but my leg is stronger and bigger. and a lot more appealing...i think.....

thank you again. i will not stop until either you do, cause then i will crash if i keep going, or until you tell me too, otherwise i will crash.

as always, The One And Only, the weapon of mass distraction, getting it done since 1999...boom. (never forget the boom)
T.O.A.O.,
Gold Stellar

Image Image
Potato

Post by Potato »

Sup Stellar,

Pros
- Nice guy
- English
- Activity
- Helping people

Cons
- Reports
- Moderation

You're a nice guy, I like the attitude, but you have to Show that you're capable of reporting/catching cheaters as I havent seen any reports from you. Now, It feels as if you're too nice (not saying its bad) but you have to be able to punish the rulebreakers, saying no when needed, taking actions on the people that are not listening that way it'll show that you can handle a server. I hope you can fix the points I mentioned, other than that I wish you good luck!
These users thanked the author Potato for the post (total 2):
Cruxell, Gold Stellar
Recognize
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

Declined

Hey, we like your positivity and your energy, you also manage to stay out of trouble and we see potential in you. Unfortunately right now's not quite the time. You need to work on knowing how to detect a cheater or what is reportable (which is really important as a Fun member) as your reports have so far been declined and your activity's been a bit lackluster. We could see you getting it in a few months, feel free to try again later.
These users thanked the author Waschera for the post:
Gold Stellar
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Return to “Declined Applications”