Simple questions

Moderator: J4ck

Romeo

Simple questions

Post by Romeo »

1. Why are we (VIPs) not allowed to use nD*VIP we bought this thing to have fun and people feel special when they use nD*VIP so why not add jt and make it yellow colored as nD*fun/jail is green?

2. Are people allowed to think of new days for commanding not like fundays but stuff like global simon cell day and all of that? I wanna make new ideas for days.

3.Can we have golden hour where everyone get vip for 1 hours in a day in the month? It will be like the live or die thing in jb_nck u roll the dice and see your luck either get VIP or dont get it
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Re: Simple questions

Post by uhu »

be nice boys keep the discussion friendly
These users thanked the author uhu for the post (total 2):
Romeo, kami (GER]
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

1. Newcomers will mistake the nD* VIP tag for a moderator, ask them for help and then the VIP guy will think he can moderate the server(with powers and fake authority) like an actual moderator. VIP is 95% for amusement purposes only and people shouldn't use the kick/ban for moderating purposes but ONLY in last resort cases. VIPs are not moderators but regular players that paid for fun stuff.

2. Yes, as long as the rules are explained clearly and people understand the game.

3. If you want to try out VIP there's free vip trials, and if you enjoyed it you should just pay for a full month, it's really not that expensive.
These users thanked the author Decency for the post:
Romeo
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Okay, I was writing like a big reply and Decency beat me to it to nearly my exact words xD
So just gonna reply to the 3rd one.

3. That kind of VIP would have to be added manually, so would have to use a plugin to see who won it and then add it to those.
Something that could be done instead is make a monthly toplist for JB and have the top of that list get VIP for 1-2 weeks.
Used to have that for ZM and it was really great.
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

yep.
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Number 2, you are allowed but I'm pretty sure any member worthy of the title would slay you and make another CT take over if you ever tried something that sounds as lame as 'global simon cell day'. Remember, new days are welcome but the main objective is to make it fun for the Ts, not kill everyone quickly in one area so you can pat yourself on the back for commanding a whole round and surviving.
STEAM_0:0:51774830
gal

Post by gal »

I agree with number 2. For number 1, I think that having a "VIP tag" would be, as Decency explained, mistaken for moderator/member meaning people will come to them for help. This wouldn't be any help, though. They are not allowed to use vote kick/ban unless there's no staff member available at all, so there's no point.
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

SneL #PiPi wrote:yep.
Best reply so far
Nai wrote:Okay, I was writing like a big reply and Decency beat me to it to nearly my exact words xD
So just gonna reply to the 3rd one.

3. That kind of VIP would have to be added manually, so would have to use a plugin to see who won it and then add it to those.
Something that could be done instead is make a monthly toplist for JB and have the top of that list get VIP for 1-2 weeks.
Used to have that for ZM and it was really great.
Better than my thinking nice idea!
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

1. Too similar to the members clan, newcomers wouldn't be able to tell us apart.
2. You are.
3. I imagine that it would be a shitfest without an admin, people would constantly kick each other.
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

Larah wrote:I agree with number 2. For number 1, I think that having a "VIP tag" would be, as Decency explained, mistaken for moderator/member meaning people will come to them for help. This wouldn't be any help, though. They are not allowed to use vote kick/ban unless there's no staff member available at all, so there's no point.
Decency wrote:1. Newcomers will mistake the nD* VIP tag for a moderator, ask them for help and then the VIP guy will think he can moderate the server(with powers and fake authority) like an actual moderator. VIP is 95% for amusement purposes only and people shouldn't use the kick/ban for moderating purposes but ONLY in last resort cases. VIPs are not moderators but regular players that paid for fun stuff.

2. Yes, as long as the rules are explained clearly and people understand the game.

3. If you want to try out VIP there's free vip trials, and if you enjoyed it you should just pay for a full month, it's really not that expensive.
Ok since you like the idea i will try to vome up with ideas later and post it
Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

01. - No.
02. - Why do you even question it? Go create some!
03. - That has a high risk of abuse.
Flath

Post by Flath »

I think we had a vip tag at one point if i'm not mistaken ?

Right when pukata added the whole shiny green name for members and admins

KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

or they should add like 1 day a week where u get double cash for an hour.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Flath wrote:I think we had a vip tag at one point if i'm not mistaken ?

Right when pukata added the whole shiny green name for members and admins
Xalus, who coded the plugin which adds the colours for staff also added the VIP tag without consulting any admins, which is why it was removed soon after. The reasons for why it's a bad idea have already been stated so I won't re-iterate over those, just clearing that up.
~Neon

Post by ~Neon »

1- thats good idea and i told admins about it but they refused and xalus added vip tag [ vip neon] but he didn't tell admins about that + i bought vip to get that tag but its was too late :D when i saw players using vip tag i was getting crazy i was saying i must buy vip and i would buy vip for 1 year to get the tag
2-no answer
3-i have good idea if someone kill 25 cts in 1 map he get vip for the next 24 hours ? or just 1 hour like lapd said

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”