Remove Boxing day & Crazy day

Decency
VIP

Re: Remove Boxing day & Crazy day

Post by Decency »

I think all the fundays and sparta day are a couple of months old, not sure myself though
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

I think last fundays added were Jedi Day and Nightcrawler day in may 2015, been loads of bugfixes and minor tweaks to fundays since then tho.
STEAM_0:0:51774830
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Just a bump in case the admins have forgotten about this. I hope you at least discuss it on the coming admin meeting.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

^
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Also make it so there is no fall damage on nightcrawler day, would be a lot more enjoyable that way
STEAM_0:0:51774830
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

The current fundays shouldn't be removed, just have a different layout. Fundays are played far less these days than it used to be. Maybe it is because of the fact that they are boring, or that people simply forget that they exists? ( I certainly do sometimes ). Anyway, I agree some of the fundays are indeed boring and I will therefore suggest to change the current /funday from randomly picking a funday --> to a funday vote. Where we can actually vote for the fundays that are enjoyable. Yes, this would result in the same fundays over and over, but rather that than playing less the enjoyable ones.
These users thanked the author zapt0r for the post:
gal
Regards,
zapt0r
KaKao
nD Mapper

Post by KaKao »

zapt0r wrote:Anyway, I agree some of the fundays are indeed boring and I will therefore suggest to change the current /funday from randomly picking a funday --> to a funday vote. Where we can actually vote for the fundays that are enjoyable. Yes, this would result in the same fundays over and over, but rather that than playing less the enjoyable ones.
Please do not change this to the old system that used to be in place. I might be the only one on this but I really hate deathmatch funday and enjoy the others we get sometimes (such as jedi, shark, invis etc.) I've written about this before, more than 3 years ago and I really hope it won't go back, seeing deathmatch after deathmatch being picked as funday I used to just afk in cells during the day because it was so boring and always players teaming up.
[url]http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?p=300007#p300007[/url] KaKao wrote:
dArra;] wrote:We should remove some funday's which aren't popular's (Crazy day, Zombie day)
Then we might aswell remove every funday except Deathmatch and (possibly) Invisibility.
I'll say give us more fundays so we can have some variety and not Deathmatch after Deathmatch every... single... funday.
[url]http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?p=300008#p300008[/url] KaKao wrote:
KaKao wrote:KaKao wrote:
I would like to suggest limiting every funday to once per map so (hopefully) the players choose something else, it's usually Deathmatch and on some occasions Invisibility day that gets chosen.
Another idea is to let the plugin chose a funday completely by random, that way we don't get Deathmatch after Deathmatch so we actually get to try out most of the other fundays there is. Just let the players type /funday in the chat and after a while we get the information about what funday has been chosen for the next round. I think this idea is better than to just limit the fundays to once per map, then again, I don't enjoy the Deathmatch funday so this suggestion might not be appreciated by many.
These users thanked the author KaKao for the post:
Cruxell
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

zapt0r wrote:The current fundays shouldn't be removed, just have a different layout. Fundays are played far less these days than it used to be. Maybe it is because of the fact that they are boring, or that people simply forget that they exists? ( I certainly do sometimes ). Anyway, I agree some of the fundays are indeed boring and I will therefore suggest to change the current /funday from randomly picking a funday --> to a funday vote. Where we can actually vote for the fundays that are enjoyable. Yes, this would result in the same fundays over and over, but rather that than playing less the enjoyable ones.
Like Kakao said. I remember back then that it was basically the same 2-3 fundays that was played over and over.
I think the issue today is that a lot of the players in JB are non-steam/new players so they just don't type /funday.
I also think one of the issues is that too many has to write /funday. Often when players type /funday it goes down to like less than 5, but rarely those last few pick it and this can be due to both AFK players and those not knowing what it does.

So I dont' think there's anything wrong with the fundays, but rather I think there's just many required to type it.

I would like to see the change Kaito suggested, to make it no fall damage on nightcrawler day, it's really annoying falling down and then barely having any HP left.
In terms of boxing day, I see teaming up in every funday basically, never really seen it as a issue, as they gotta kill eachother anyway. But I guess it's no fun for the ones getting ganged on, but besides sitting in spec during the entire round, looking for groups, I don't really know how this issue could be fixed.
Maybe it's possible to make a camp meter based on ranged from team mates, so the closer you are and the longer you are together without damaging eachother, the higher the camp meter goes?
Crazy day, I don't think I've seen crazy day yet since I've come back. Idk how many fundays there are and it's rare that they actually get played on a map. Perhaps in the couple of last rounds sometimes.
Romeo

Post by Romeo »

I think boxing should be removed cause people twam up a lot but some times its hard for cts to tell if they are teaming up.
Crazy day i like it, its fun dont think it should be removed but boxing should definitly be removed
Rojo

Post by Rojo »

Removing it would be rather stupid

keeping it, but adjusting it would be better, might be something like CT vs T, with some kind of HP difference.. :)
The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.
- Lou Holtz

Genius is 1 percent inspiration and 99 percent perspiration.
- Thomas Edison
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

James Petrovich wrote:Removing it would be rather stupid

keeping it, but adjusting it would be better, might be something like CT vs T, with some kind of HP difference.. :)
You mean like sparta?
Decency wrote:Just a bump in case the admins have forgotten about this. I hope you at least discuss it on the coming admin meeting.
^ again.

Also I don't really see any counter-argument for the removal of boxing day. It's literally unfair and always causes delay.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Bump again, admins take notes please. It's been 3 months jesus christ
Edo ツ

Post by Edo ツ »

Decency wrote:Bump again, admins take notes please. It's been 3 months jesus christ
Make a complaint thread, it'll bring attention. Doeda approves
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

I'll make sure it gets added to the next meeting agenda.
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

austria_wien

Post by austria_wien »

Waschera wrote:I'll make sure it gets added to the next meeting agenda.
on 0:00 the should be beamed into the cage :dance:
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.

Return to “Trash”