Three Forum-Related Suggestions

Cruxell
VIP

Three Forum-Related Suggestions

Post by Cruxell »

1. Selling non-virtual goods
I don't quite understand tbh why people are allowed to sell virtual goods only in the trading section. Personally I see no reason for this because you cannot trade things for money.

2. Selling nD goods
It'd be very nice if admins could act as middlemen if requested to do so, but only when all goods offered for trade can be created without any cost in nD servers. For example, if someone was trading VIP for nD cash, an admin could remove VIP from one account and create it on the other account, and remove money on one account and create it on the other one. This way there would be significantly more trading and trust between sellers and buyers.

3. Times
Everybody here is European, but the times are AM/PM instead of 0-24. Can be a bit confusing sometimes, I'd rather have it 0-24.
These users thanked the author Cruxell for the post (total 2):
God's servant, gal
Playboy

Re: Three Forum-Related Suggestions

Post by Playboy »

I'm asian. Racist.

God's servant

Post by God's servant »

I wasn't going to say anything but hello Kontra :roll:

Although I do have my time set as western European and never figure(d) it out -- anyway the ideas are good and would be interesting to implement, especially the trading section ones.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and
wages war. He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name
written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

http://Godsservant.info :)
wodeen++

Post by wodeen++ »

Playboy wrote:I'm asian. Racist.
this :/
Everything in this world is either a potato or not a potato
Waschera

Post by Waschera »

K0ntRa wrote:1. Selling non-virtual goods
I don't quite understand tbh why people are allowed to sell virtual goods only in the trading section. Personally I see no reason for this because you cannot trade things for money.
More control having trade topics in one area than having people making topics all over the forums.
This way everything is public and the admins will have an easier way moderating trades gone wrong as well as picking themselves who seems trustworthy or not (selling permission).
K0ntRa wrote:2. Selling nD goods
It'd be very nice if admins could act as middlemen if requested to do so, but only when all goods offered for trade can be created without any cost in nD servers. For example, if someone was trading VIP for nD cash, an admin could remove VIP from one account and create it on the other account, and remove money on one account and create it on the other one. This way there would be significantly more trading and trust between sellers and buyers.
If someone dont seem trustworthy to you then why in the hell would you trade with them to begin with.

VIP for nD cash, an admin could remove VIP from one account and create it on the other account
If someone is trading VIP for nD cash then the seller has to provide the VIP. Admins dont hand out free VIPs, the seller has to use of his own money to buy the VIP for the "customer" (Lack of a better word.), which should be simple enough. Just add the STEAM ID of the person you are trading with when you buy VIP.

remove money on one account and create it on the other one
This is why we have the transfer option on the jail server.

And to remind you again, Dont trade with people you think are untrustworthy.
K0ntRa wrote:3. Times
Everybody here is European, but the times are AM/PM instead of 0-24. Can be a bit confusing sometimes, I'd rather have it 0-24.
Something that doesn't really matter. You are sitting on a computer, you probably have a phone on you, maybe a watch and it shouldn't be to hard to figure out the time. Its just a minor change that wouldn't bring anything to the server.
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

1) Not sure why money was restricted actually. I think there could be copyright issues to money-making.

2)
Sometimes I volunteer as a middle-man granted I get given both people's trading goods, but it's nothing official. Would not be too bad to see some admins volunteer imo.

3)
It's an English thing, therefore in the UK as well. It's a UK based community, and most forum-structures are built by Americans so this is mostly default.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Shadi wrote:1) Not sure why money was restricted actually. I think there could be copyright issues to money-making.

2)
Sometimes I volunteer as a middle-man granted I get given both people's trading goods, but it's nothing official. Would not be too bad to see some admins volunteer imo.

3)
It's an English thing, therefore in the UK as well. It's a UK based community, and most forum-structures are built by Americans so this is mostly default.
2) I meant official, not volunteeraily.
3) Didn't know UK uses AM/PM lol xD.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

You do know you can set it to 24 hour clock right?

User Control Panel > Board preferences > My date format

You're welcome.
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post (total 2):
ZeRo#1, Shotex
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Lien~ wrote:You do know you can set it to 24 hour clock right?

You're welcome.
Thank you for that im only 1 hour behind my real time but hey i love to see 17:14 :D
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Shotex

Post by Shotex »

!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
Lien~ wrote:You do know you can set it to 24 hour clock right?

You're welcome.
Thank you for that im only 1 hour behind my real time but hey i love to see 17:14 :D
thx for that

Return to “Trash”