View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 am



Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 70 times
#166 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Sending out PMs now. Everyone who is getting a pm this round should have theirs within 30 minutes.

_________________
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage


Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:14 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 102 times
#167 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Are successful doctor protections announced?

_________________
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
               Image
Image


Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:25 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:41 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
#168 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Is this how it went?

_________________
Sign away your life here:
...................................


Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:27 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 70 times
#169 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Emziek wrote:
Are successful doctor protections announced?



Any event in which a kill is submitted and is not blocked, but the target survives, is denoted simply by the following notation:

Player Shot (or other type of kill)
Player Survived





There is a special exception to this in the case of poison that is delayed using a blast shield, which is not announced publicly.


SweedyGonzales wrote:
Is this how it went?


Something like that, probably :P

_________________
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage


Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:32 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 44 times
Been thanked: 70 times
#170 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Also, a small note for anyone that's interested:

-Doc protects against poison application and poison kill.


Also, example dead player PM for a village-aligned player looks like this:

Spoiler: show
Hello, you are dead!

Please do not speak with living players about game related topics or make game-related posts in the game thread.


As you probably know, there is a base power called "Spiritborne" that allows a living player to speak to dead players, like yourself.

A player with the Spiritborne power will contact you if they wish to speak with you. Please do not converse with a Spiritborne unless they have contacted you first. You will know that person is a spiritborne because they will have been given special permission to quote a PM from me.


Keep in mind that if a spiritborne contacts you, they may not be on your team. You are not obligated to speak with them or tell them anything if you don't want to. You can lie to them if you wish. It's still werewolf. ;)

Thanks for playing, and enjoy watching the rest of the game!

_________________
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage


Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:44 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 78 times
#171 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Rainboy wrote:
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]


I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.


@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.


No new player is that bad (with the exception of Leo) that he will reveal himself accidentally.
Rainboy wrote:
it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading.

And by that you mean people who can actually contribute something to the game? For instance, Panda has made only post since the start of the game, which consists of 2-3 words. SiX is an experienced player who will certainly discuss a lot.
It seems to me that you misunderstood me a bit, firstly I voted Panda because he is AFK, not new. Okay, I did write "new" as well, but I meant new as "noobish". The round ends soon and it's becoming clear that either Panda, SiX or WaywardVole is gonna be lynched. Either we vote out somebody who we cannot really expect to contribute a lot to the game - or a pro who will most likely talk a lot. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go with the first option. Rainboy, you have a valid point that Panda is easier to read etc..., but I personally prefer to keep someone active and experienced in the game.
We've gotta lynch somebody - lynching nobody is a bad idea since we wouldn't get any leads whatsoever on people if we would do so.
TL;DR, Somebody has to go, and I wouldn't mind if that somebody would be Panda who has made only one post since the start of the game.



"noobish" is not a reason... and I really doubt he's a mafia at this point.. because if he is then his teammates would've told him what to do to get out of this situation. your other reason was being afk.. I believe ARSENIC and styx have contributed nothing so far.. could you explain why it has to be panda. The guy got a cute avatar.. leave em alone...
[Vote K0ntra] :/


Once again, we had to lynch somebody, and I know that Panda isn't the only one who hasn't talked a lot, but I chose to vote him because I honestly doubt he would be active a lot in the future.


Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 78 times
#172 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Ultor wrote:
Also Emziek seems to be very quiet.


Emziek was quiet last game too. He was mafia, but still...


Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:18 am
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 50 times
#173 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
K0ntRa wrote:
Spoiler: show
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Rainboy wrote:
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]


I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.


@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.


No new player is that bad (with the exception of Leo) that he will reveal himself accidentally.
Rainboy wrote:
it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading.

And by that you mean people who can actually contribute something to the game? For instance, Panda has made only post since the start of the game, which consists of 2-3 words. SiX is an experienced player who will certainly discuss a lot.
It seems to me that you misunderstood me a bit, firstly I voted Panda because he is AFK, not new. Okay, I did write "new" as well, but I meant new as "noobish". The round ends soon and it's becoming clear that either Panda, SiX or WaywardVole is gonna be lynched. Either we vote out somebody who we cannot really expect to contribute a lot to the game - or a pro who will most likely talk a lot. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go with the first option. Rainboy, you have a valid point that Panda is easier to read etc..., but I personally prefer to keep someone active and experienced in the game.
We've gotta lynch somebody - lynching nobody is a bad idea since we wouldn't get any leads whatsoever on people if we would do so.
TL;DR, Somebody has to go, and I wouldn't mind if that somebody would be Panda who has made only one post since the start of the game.



"noobish" is not a reason... and I really doubt he's a mafia at this point.. because if he is then his teammates would've told him what to do to get out of this situation. your other reason was being afk.. I believe ARSENIC and styx have contributed nothing so far.. could you explain why it has to be panda. The guy got a cute avatar.. leave em alone...
[Vote K0ntra] :/

Once again, we had to lynch somebody, and I know that Panda isn't the only one who hasn't talked a lot, but I chose to vote him because I honestly doubt he would be active a lot in the future.


I understand your R1 lynch targets were the afks right ?


Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:59 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times
#174 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Those 3 last votes before round end are very interesting. Had to protect you mafia friend aye?


Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:04 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 102 times
#175 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Ultor wrote:
Those 3 last votes before round end are very interesting. Had to protect you mafia friend aye?

Rainboy and Numble organized it and got Xen and Lawliet to follow. I forgot to save the logs but Rainboy didn't have any issue sharing that with me over steam.

_________________
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
               Image
Image


Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:13 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times
#176 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Emziek wrote:
Ultor wrote:
Those 3 last votes before round end are very interesting. Had to protect you mafia friend aye?

Rainboy and Numble organized it and got Xen and Lawliet to follow. I forgot to save the logs but Rainboy didn't have any issue sharing that with me over steam.

Mind sharing your steam logs with me then?


Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 102 times
#177 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Ultor wrote:
Emziek wrote:
Ultor wrote:
Those 3 last votes before round end are very interesting. Had to protect you mafia friend aye?

Rainboy and Numble organized it and got Xen and Lawliet to follow. I forgot to save the logs but Rainboy didn't have any issue sharing that with me over steam.

Mind sharing your steam logs with me then?

Uh I ment Rainboy didn't have any problem sharing the fact that he organized it to me. I don't actually have the logs because I closed the window.

The steam window only remembers the last part of our convo which is quite irrelevant
Spoiler: show
Quote:
den 22 augusti 2016
06:56 - Kaebbel: Yeah I was at work at the time
06:57 - Kaebbel: Its only use is to give you immunity to poison as a villager and as a tradeoff you are detrimental to the cop
06:58 - Rainboy: And immunity to don.
06:58 - Rainboy: don't forget that.
06:58 - Kaebbel: In my opinion the mafia should prioritize killing the other team and therefor wouldn't waste shots on normies
06:59 - Rainboy: With vixen being so strong, a don can't assume that a no target immune peek is normal villager.
07:05 - Rainboy: Anywho, I'm off. Yay for dealing with fallout for that mislynch tomorrow...
07:05 - Rainboy: Take care.
07:06 - Kaebbel: Alright
07:06 - Kaebbel: See you later!

_________________
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
               Image
Image


Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:20 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 78 times
#178 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Spoiler: show
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Rainboy wrote:
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]


I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.


@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.


No new player is that bad (with the exception of Leo) that he will reveal himself accidentally.
Rainboy wrote:
it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading.

And by that you mean people who can actually contribute something to the game? For instance, Panda has made only post since the start of the game, which consists of 2-3 words. SiX is an experienced player who will certainly discuss a lot.
It seems to me that you misunderstood me a bit, firstly I voted Panda because he is AFK, not new. Okay, I did write "new" as well, but I meant new as "noobish". The round ends soon and it's becoming clear that either Panda, SiX or WaywardVole is gonna be lynched. Either we vote out somebody who we cannot really expect to contribute a lot to the game - or a pro who will most likely talk a lot. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go with the first option. Rainboy, you have a valid point that Panda is easier to read etc..., but I personally prefer to keep someone active and experienced in the game.
We've gotta lynch somebody - lynching nobody is a bad idea since we wouldn't get any leads whatsoever on people if we would do so.
TL;DR, Somebody has to go, and I wouldn't mind if that somebody would be Panda who has made only one post since the start of the game.



"noobish" is not a reason... and I really doubt he's a mafia at this point.. because if he is then his teammates would've told him what to do to get out of this situation. your other reason was being afk.. I believe ARSENIC and styx have contributed nothing so far.. could you explain why it has to be panda. The guy got a cute avatar.. leave em alone...
[Vote K0ntra] :/

Once again, we had to lynch somebody, and I know that Panda isn't the only one who hasn't talked a lot, but I chose to vote him because I honestly doubt he would be active a lot in the future.


I understand your R1 lynch targets were the afks right ?

Yes, isolation.php?tid=26498&pid=8202


Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:18 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainboy
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 42 times
#179 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Ultor wrote:
Those 3 last votes before round end are very interesting. Had to protect you mafia friend aye?


Aye. Had to protect my teammate in the most obvious way I could. Figured that would be the best long term strategy.


On a more serious note, here's the relevant portion of the logs Emz was missing:
Spoiler: show
12:49 AM - Kaebbel: Its curious how the styx wagoon took off only 2 hours before the round end
12:49 AM - Kaebbel: and that Sweedy, first person to vote panda was shot
12:50 AM - Rainboy: I tried to start it earlier, but I was at church.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: And it took Xen and Lawliet a bloody hour to write their posts.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: Which made it tighter than I really wanted.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: Not enough time for people to respond.
12:51 AM - Kaebbel: wut
12:51 AM - Kaebbel: You organized it?
12:51 AM - Rainboy: Numble and I did, yeah.
12:51 AM - Rainboy: I was uneasy with the panda lynch, for the reasons I stated.

_________________
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?


Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: Greece
Has thanked: 189 times
Been thanked: 132 times
#180 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
I kinda agree with Emziek, the most suspicious person for me is Rainboy and Lawliet. Thus, i think that Panda is villager so they "make" us believe that he is mafia (through support on him).

_________________
Image


Image


Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:18 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 30  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.