View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next

#61 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
[quote="Emziek"]Immunity seems kinda pointless for normal villagers so i suggest you guys get rid of it asap to help out our peeker[/quote]
Doesn' that depend of what peeker we are talking about Emz? Odd you point that out but anyways.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:00 pm

#62 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
NumBle wrote:
Emziek wrote:
Immunity seems kinda pointless for normal villagers so i suggest you guys get rid of it asap to help out our peeker

Doesn' that depend of what peeker we are talking about Emz? Odd you point that out but anyways.

Shit like shield is far more important than immunity

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:18 pm

#63 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
SweedyGonzales wrote:
OMGOMGOMG!!!!
I'm a normal villager for once! :3

Random Vote:
[Vote K0ntRa]

<3333333

wlc to the club :(

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:26 pm

#64 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
HATER wrote:
If you do not choose a base power by the end of Round 2, you will simply keep the Immunity base power for the rest of the game.

Does that also apply to the mafia? If yes then this can be abused on purpose: stay with immunity until R2 and then change into something else.

Also is Hinder able to target the same player 3 times?

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:59 pm

#65 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Ultor wrote:
HATER wrote:
If you do not choose a base power by the end of Round 2, you will simply keep the Immunity base power for the rest of the game.

Does that also apply to the mafia? If yes then this can be abused on purpose: stay with immunity until R2 and then change into something else.

I think it's meant to be that way.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:01 pm

#66 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
I think emziek is mafia

Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:17 pm

#67 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Alrighty. Here's my current thoughts on things:

First, I disagree with Emz. Immunity is bad on vanillagers to have for the whole game, but it can be EXTREMELY useful to check the infector. Without immunity, two infectors could wreak havoc on the game. Honestly, without the addition of the two free rounds of Immunity, I would be calling OP on the sheer amount of poison the mafia can pump out.

Normal villagers should strongly consider keeping immunity for the first round or two. I won't try to tell you that keeping it is hands down better, because that really depends on how you value the two. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to trade the potential for the cop to get a bad peek VS the potential for the mafia to poison you. Plus, since Immunity IS actually good on PRs and Mafia, a Don peeking you really has no idea who you are, thus denying some information to the mafia as well.

So, now that's out of the way...

Politician: Meh. I don't want to recommend that a villager pick this up, but with the sheer amount of voting block the mafia comprise (especially with Con Man, and multiple base powers), it's probably wise to have someone take this... we could get pretty screwed late game if we can't comprise a decent voting block.

Soothsayer: Don't take this, in general. Exception: you're the cop, or you think there's a particularly high chance you will get killed early (and want to continue to help the village out).

Poison: Pretty useful to have for a normal villager. Gives us a chance to fight a mafia team who specs into lynch control, as the vig alone probably isn't enough to deal with that.

Brutal: Again, if you're not the Cop, don't take this. The chances of knowing who a mafia is when you die is going to be low. The chance of knowing a mafia who's not going to die to crap the next round is even lower. Cop has an outside chance of knowing stuff, but there's still probably better options to help him survive.

Immunity: Great on literally every PR. I mean, who doesn't like roleblock and poison immunity? Especially great on cop since he doesn't need to worry about screwing his own peek over. In fact, Immunity is my top choice for cop.

Fortitude: Situational. I don't know how I feel about it. There's two mafia shots to worry about, but it doesn't stop hitman or infector.

Spiritborne: We shouldn't have more than one. That said, very useful since I don't recommend the cop to have Soothsayer.

Blast Shield: One of the most useful things I can imagine for normal villagers. Utility and protection.

Vote Savant: Great for a couple normal villagers to have. Second best things I can imagine after Blast Shield.

Insight: Also useful to have one or two of in the village. Seems a little less useful to me since there are just flat out SO MANY MAFIA in the game. It is, however, info and info is always welcome.

Hinder: Now here's an interesting choice. Gotta be careful with it, but a three shot roleblock is VERY interesting, especially to a normal villager who can keep Immunity for a couple rounds while he figures out who to use it on.

Overall, this game seems quite balanced. You can't screw yourself too bad with any choice, though some do obviously make more sense on certain roles than others.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:45 pm

#68 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Rainboy wrote:
Alrighty. Here's my current thoughts on things:

First, I disagree with Emz. Immunity is bad on vanillagers to have for the whole game, but it can be EXTREMELY useful to check the infector. Without immunity, two infectors could wreak havoc on the game. Honestly, without the addition of the two free rounds of Immunity, I would be calling OP on the sheer amount of poison the mafia can pump out.

Agreed. But do you think that mafia would choose poison as one of their ways to take people out? Because it's only effective on a long run.

Normal villagers should strongly consider keeping immunity for the first round or two. I won't try to tell you that keeping it is hands down better, because that really depends on how you value the two. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to trade the potential for the cop to get a bad peek VS the potential for the mafia to poison you. Plus, since Immunity IS actually good on PRs and Mafia, a Don peeking you really has no idea who you are, thus denying some information to the mafia as well.

Ditto, everyone should take their time figuring out their plan of action before running their horses because a power looks interesting.

So, now that's out of the way...

Politician: Meh. I don't want to recommend that a villager pick this up, but with the sheer amount of voting block the mafia comprise (especially with Con Man, and multiple base powers), it's probably wise to have someone take this... we could get pretty screwed late game if we can't comprise a decent voting block.
To be honest, I personally like this one. Not only it's a +1 vote but also gives a toughness status. But then again you are correct. There aren't that many ways to survive a lynch and this would probably rule out someone who could have been a suspicious.

Soothsayer: Don't take this, in general. Exception: you're the cop, or you think there's a particularly high chance you will get killed early (and want to continue to help the village out).
Do believe that there can be some use to this role. Because should someone die remain active through out the game, the cop or the doc or any other useful base powers could get in contact with this someone using this power and use them a spokesman allowing people to properly follow leads and what not. Then again this can be hard to execute if there's little trust.

Poison: Pretty useful to have for a normal villager. Gives us a chance to fight a mafia team who specs into lynch control, as the vig alone probably isn't enough to deal with that.

Couldn't agree more, even though it takes time to actually do something.

Brutal: Again, if you're not the Cop, don't take this. The chances of knowing who a mafia is when you die is going to be low. The chance of knowing a mafia who's not going to die to crap the next round is even lower. Cop has an outside chance of knowing stuff, but there's still probably better options to help him survive.

Honestly I don't really know what to make out of this power. It just seems like a full mafia role to me.

Immunity: Great on literally every PR. I mean, who doesn't like roleblock and poison immunity? Especially great on cop since he doesn't need to worry about screwing his own peek over. In fact, Immunity is my top choice for cop.

Don't think I need to go over this one, now do I?

Fortitude: Situational. I don't know how I feel about it. There's two mafia shots to worry about, but it doesn't stop hitman or infector.

This seems to me like a useless power. Only protect the standard nightshot. Having in account that there's hitman, infector and the lynch it's unviable to choose this one.

Spiritborne: We shouldn't have more than one. That said, very useful since I don't recommend the cop to have Soothsayer.

Don't really know what to make of it. Seems like a "fill in" power.

Blast Shield: One of the most useful things I can imagine for normal villagers. Utility and protection.

This power is effectively a second doc protection. Very useful if well played. I do have a question, how long does it last?

Vote Savant: Great for a couple normal villagers to have. Second best things I can imagine after Blast Shield.

Considering that lynch is the village is the main way of killing off mafia, I can see problems with this power. Should people just plain spread out there might be consequences. Simply put, any villager could easily tip off the balance from a bandwagon. Then again people who get this power can also be accused of being mafia for contering the (let's say on a situacional round) trustable bangwagon. Basically I have mixed feelings about it.

Insight: Also useful to have one or two of in the village. Seems a little less useful to me since there are just flat out SO MANY MAFIA in the game. It is, however, info and info is always welcome.

"it is, however, info and info is always welcome" Ronbo - 2016
Agreed.

Hinder: Now here's an interesting choice. Gotta be careful with it, but a three shot roleblock is VERY interesting, especially to a normal villager who can keep Immunity for a couple rounds while he figures out who to use it on.

This one just seems like a way to make people use their abilities later on, rather than fully roleblock an ability. since the roleblocked gets their targeted action refunded, doesn't really look like it would be something that would do much great to the villager but rather would do better to the mafias.

Overall, this game seems quite balanced. You can't screw yourself too bad with any choice, though some do obviously make more sense on certain roles than others.

I'd like to point out that it's all my personal opinion. I'm not critizing rain's PoV on the powers. I'm just throwing my own in as insight about what powers to choose.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:03 am

#69 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
>numble using MY lime green to respond to things

Also, blast shield only protects for the round it is used. It is a targeted skill, meaning it can be roleblocked. You get two shots of it, but you have to use one of those shots on another player, since once a blast shield is used on a player, they can't be blast shielded again for the rest of the game.

Oh and something extra for you guys:

Killtypes and ways to survive them:

Deleted (Modkill) -- No way to survive, but can be avoided by being active and not using lime green to respond to posts.
Annhilated (Hitman) -- No way to survive shot, but the shot can be roleblocked.
Lynch -- Can survive with Politician or Trainee Tough.
Brutal -- Can survive with Fortitude, Trainee Tough, or Blast Shield (since brutal also roleblocks its target, blast shield will be blocked if it is self-cast, though).
Poison -- Can survive with Immunity, Doc protection, or Trainee Tough. Delayed by Blast Shield.
Mafia/Vig shot -- Can survive with Fortitude, Doc Protection, Trainee Tough, or Blast Shield.

ImageImage

Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:50 am
Profile WWW

#70 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
HATER wrote:
>numble using MY lime green to respond to things

Spoiler: show

Also, blast shield only protects for the round it is used. It is a targeted skill, meaning it can be roleblocked. You get two shots of it, but you have to use one of those shots on another player, since once a blast shield is used on a player, they can't be blast shielded again for the rest of the game.
I have a death wishNo I don't.

Hater stop editing my posts <_<

Numble stop using my goddamn colors >.>

Heart-Break

Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:04 am

#71 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Thank you, Hater, for showing me the error of my ways. Lime green is, in truth, the best color in the universe and making people (particularly, in this case, the host) edit every last one of my future posts will serve to provide ample entertainment for my needs. You have my undying gratitude, my friend.

@Numble - I consider Vote Savant absolutely fine if you treat it like you don't have it. If you actually need it, it'll stack up for you.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:40 am

#72 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
[quote="Rainboy"]Thank you, Hater, for showing me the error of my ways. Lime green is, in truth, the best color in the universe and making people (particularly, in this case, the host) edit every last one of my future posts will serve to provide ample entertainment for my needs. You have my undying gratitude, my friend.

@Numble - I consider Vote Savant absolutely fine if you treat it like you don't have it. If you actually need it, it'll stack up for you.[/quote]
High five Ronbo

Also I see what you mean. I didn't realize that. Thank you.

Heart-Break

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:46 am

#73 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Well, I'm kinda noob cause haven't play a lot of ww games and especially not one like this. Thanks hater and the rest of you guys for the help!

Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:28 am

#74 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
I don't have much to say atm, just checking in, will be more active soon.

@Styx why do you think Emziek is mafia?

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:01 pm

#75 Post Re: Assassins XII: Power Up! Isolate
Voro's poulo wrote:
Well, I'm kinda noob cause haven't play a lot of ww games and especially not one like this. Thanks hater and the rest of you guys for the help!

Who else helped you out?

Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 437 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 30  Next