View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:16 pm

Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next

#121 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Emziek wrote:
Lien is always inactive, except when shes mafia.

She's always inactive, especially when she's mafia, is what I'd say. Not except.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:25 pm

#122 Post Re: [R1 ends 17 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
SiX wrote:
-snip
(1) Are you sure that Lawliet didn't convince you to unvote him by poking you @steam?
-snip-
Could this mean that you are the Serial Killer?
-snip-
The second thing to come to mind is that while you may not want to start bandwagons, you gladly join one? That's typical scum (or SK in this case) play.
-snip-

See my Journalist post

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:31 pm

#123 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
I believe that Emziek is bullshitting his Journalist claim. And no, I'm not counter-claiming Journalist. I'm referring to what he just said:

Emziek wrote:
I'm the Journalist (Village peeker) R0: Lawliet (not suspicious), R1: Ish (suspicious).

If you truly were the Journalist, and got Lawliet as your R0 negative, it makes no sense for you to vote him in the topic. What you would have done is to poke him on steam or to send him a nD PM, not to vote him and ask him to poke you on steam. To me it sounds as though you use the fact (1) that Lawliet is dead and (2) you happening to ask him to poke you on steam as ground for your R0 negative. If you had claimed that any of the living players were your R1 negative, they would be suspicious why you didn't poke them up to now. Eitherway, your way of contacting Lawliet was weird as hell for a Journalist, or you are not the Journalist to begin with. Everyone, be cautious of providing Emziek with your roles.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:32 pm

#124 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
1/13 chance of him being the Godfather, Yeah I'm going to send him a PM through the website asking to be killed. Instead of doing my own research first.

Also I'm not asking anyone to claim to me, I couldn't careless. We're 1 round away from losing this and we need to kill a mafia Now.

Last edited by Emziek on Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:33 pm

#125 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
@Emziek

Please respond to your PM. I've already taken screenshots just so u know.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:34 pm

#126 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Emziek wrote:
1/13 chance of him being the Godfather, Yeah I'm going to send him a PM through the website asking to be killed.

You wanted to poke him regardless, be it the PMs or on Steam. Either way, as a Journalist, I believed you'd have taken that risk. You could also have waited until he logged in on your steam chat. To vote him, with there being a 12 / 13 chance of him being Town, makes no sense. That VOTE makes no sense.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:35 pm

#127 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Ultor wrote:
@Emziek

Please respond to your PM. I've already taken screenshots just so u know.

What PM?

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:35 pm

#128 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
SiX wrote:
Emziek wrote:
1/13 chance of him being the Godfather, Yeah I'm going to send him a PM through the website asking to be killed.

You wanted to poke him regardless, be it the PMs or on Steam. Either way, as a Journalist, I believed you'd have taken that risk. You could also have waited until he logged in on your steam chat. To vote him, with there being a 12 / 13 chance of him being Town, makes no sense. That VOTE makes no sense.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaebbel/

Go through my friendlist, I don't even have Lawliet on my friendlist.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:36 pm

#129 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Emziek wrote:
SiX wrote:
Emziek wrote:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/kaebbel/

Go through my friendlist, I don't even have Lawliet on my friendlist.

Then how did you expect him to poke you? By quoting "sup?" in the topic, or by sending you a PM? If the former, you'd not claim Journalist. If the latter, you would still discuss over PM. If you didn't want to discuss with him, there wouldn't have been any point to poke him to begin with.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:39 pm

#130 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
The poke means nothing SiX, infact no PMs were exchanged between me and Lawliet at all.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:40 pm

#131 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Emziek wrote:
The poke means nothing SiX, infact no PMs were exchanged between me and Lawliet at all.

It means that you wanted to get in contact with him. That's at least how I interpret it.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:41 pm

#132 Post Re: [R1 ends 17 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
SiX wrote:
HATER wrote:
I'm not terribly sure about this wagon on crisp0.

[vote ultor]

Finger of suspicion on SiX, just a gut feeling.

And I'm not terribly sure about this wagon on Ultor either.
Finger of suspicion on HATER for placing his vote on Ultor rather than on crisp0, who was bound to flip innocent, so he could have a motive to point fingers at others.

.... wait a second here. According to you, any way I could have voted would be the "wrong" vote.

Because I wound up getting off work and voting so late in the round, I had essentially 4 options:

#1: Vote Crisp0. Something wasn't quite right about the wagon on him, and I had a feeling he was a villager. I quite frankly just didn't feel comfortable voting for him. And as it turns out, he was indeed a villager -- so I was correct to not vote for him. Obviously voting for him would have made me suspicious (seeing as how

#2: Vote Ultor. This is who I thought looked more suspicious, and this is who I ultimately ended up voting for. I needed to make a decision as to whom I suspected more, and Ultor came out on top. I can't see why I'm being faulted for this -- if I was really just a mafia looking to throw in a vote to look active, there were better options for me (see #4).

#3: Vote No Lynch. I hate voting no lynch round 1 -- it essentially gives the wolves a free kill. I have never encouraged this practice in any standard game I've ever been in (see: any of my previous walls of text on this topic in other games), and I don't intend to start now.

#4 Vote someone else/ not vote at all: neither of these things would do ANYTHING to change the outcome -- if I was truly a mafia (who would be happy about crisp0 getting lynched) I would be voting someone unrelated to this -- it makes me look active, doesn't generally piss off anyone, and keeps me in the game without changing the outcome of the lynch. THAT would be the best play as a mafia.

None of these options, except maybe #2, look all that appealing. I voted for the most suspicious person I saw based off of who was up for lynch. You've created a false dilemma, a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. If I vote for someone I think is a villager, I'm suspicious. If I vote the other guy who I think is more likely to be mafia, I'm suspicious. If I vote no lynch, the village gains no info. If I don't vote at all I'm afk. If I vote someone else entirely, sure I'm not suspicious, but I don't change anything!

Fuck. That. Shit.

It seems that you're deliberately using faulty logic to try and implicate me -- perhaps to get me out of your way?

[vote SiX]

Furthermore, if Crisp0 was "bound to flip innocent", then why the FUCK were you voting him?

ImageImage

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:43 pm
Profile WWW

#133 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
@Ultor: Resend the PM, there is nothing in my inbox.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:46 pm

#134 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
And yes my fault you voted as 2nd on Crispo but you still didn't changed your vote to another.

Because there was no reason for me to change my vote. The certainty of Ultor being evil, or anyone else for that matter, wasn't higher than it was for CrisP0 at the time.

!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
And for your thoughts SiX you can watch in the games before i've played i care much about our town. And guess what i was = villager.

Maybe you care for the town, but it feels very forced that you have to say that you care for the town. Show it through actions (town), not through words (mafia).

!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
And i change my votes not to get not seen as a mafia, i'll do it to try all to hold our village mates/town allive.

You vote those you suspect and to ensure that the Town controls the lynch, you don't vote to avoid being seen as a mafia. That's what the Mafia do.

!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
And in my opinion to hear all the time better vote on him or another is "sry" ridiculous in my opinion...all vote lynch that risk to get villager friends killed, lead to lose mates we need to fight against mafia ones with power roles. Mostly like it happend again direct 3 villagers get killed and that is way much for me. So this lynch votes on "maybe" mafia lead all the time to lose 1 more villager as mafia kill with their power.

It's better to lynch a town member than not to lynch at all. The lynch is the town's primary way of gathering information and without any progress being, the Town would just sit around like sheep, waiting for the wolves to take them. That's why the town needs to lynch, even in times of uncertainty.

!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
And that if randomly votes get made on players, on what the most can't be sure that he is definitely a mafia guy.

And if so, we can use that as a lead, to suspect these people. That's why we lynch.

!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
[In my opinion i would like to play more a round where no one get lynched if not 100% sure mafia, than to vote and risk to kill a villager. And that happend all the time.

That would stagnate our progress. There will always be a R1, be it R1, R2, R3 or even R7 if the game takes that long. There will always be someone who has to be lynched first in times of uncertainty. You can't ever (well almost never) be 100% sure and the sooner the town lynch someone, the better.

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:48 pm

#135 Post Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
SiX wrote:
!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
And yes my fault you voted as 2nd on Crispo but you still didn't changed your vote to another.

Because there was no reason for me to change my vote. The certainty of Ultor being evil, or anyone else for that matter, wasn't higher than it was for CrisP0 at the time.

And yet...

SiX wrote:
Finger of suspicion on HATER for placing his vote on Ultor rather than on crisp0, who was bound to flip innocent, so he could have a motive to point fingers at others.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Side note: IF YOU ARE THE JOURNALIST (COP) PLEASE STEP FORWARD AND COUNTER-CLAIM EMZIEK. IF YOU ARE THE JOURNALIST, THIS MEANS HE IS LYING.

ImageImage

Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:50 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 20  Next