View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:20 pm



Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 121 times
#61 Post Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
@Ish, you seem suspiciously hung up on finding the Serial Killer this game.

Ish wrote:
Janitor (SK) : Chooses one room per night and kills occupants. In addition, chooses a new room each night, switching the current inhabitant to his previous room. Can not be targeted by night actions (peeks and nightkills) but can be targeted by the Sniper and Veteran. Need to lynch/kill him asap, not entirely sure how to approach it though...


Reading this, somewhat puts me at unease. Why are you so worried about finding the Serial Killer? Depending on how the game goes, the Serial Killer may be a needed asset for the Town, to avoid Mafia majority.

But there is some truth to what you say. The ideal situation, for the Mafia, would be to keep the Serial Killer alive, assuming he kills off the Town Members. If the Serial Killer dies, the risk of the Mafia getting caught increases. As such, the Mafia often lose if the Serial Killer dies too early, due to the lack of night kills. However, the Serial Killer mustn't live too long either. For the longer he lives, the greater the risk of him posing a threat by killing the Mafia instead of the Town. The ideal case for the Town would be to kill the Serial Killer as soon as possible, to lessen the amount of nightkills in game. But were the game to progress, Town ought to rethink. The later the game goes, and the more Mafia alive, the more the Town needs the Serial Killer to cooperate with them.

So we should kill the Serial Killer asap, but if we don't find him (which we are likely won't), we should keep him alive, for the time being.

Ish wrote:
Veteran: Able to shoot and kill one player (targets a player directly, not their room) during the game.Super beneficial, as its the only village night action we can carry out on the SK, to remove him from the game. Otherwise we'll have to predict who the SK is by voting style/posts etc.


With all the above said, lets say we decide to kill the Serial Killer. The ideal situation for the Mafia would be exactly what you suggest, to let the Veteran shoot him. By doing so, the Sniper will still have a bullet to shoot one of the Town Members. As such, I highly recommend the Veteran not to attempt to shoot the Serial Killer. Because as long as the Serial Killer lives, and the Veteran refuses to shoot him, the Sniper can't use his shot. Out of self-preservation, he'll decide to wait for the moment he may need it. If he still decides to use his bullet to shoot someone who's not the Serial Killer, then the Mafia will desperately want to lynch the Serial Killer. But they can't. By attempting to vote the Serial Killer, they'll reveal themselves, allowing the Veteran to kill 1 of them and us to lynch them afterwards. As such, the Sniper will preserve his bullet.

Ish wrote:
Hotel Manager: Once per night, can choose any two rooms and swap the occupants.Will want make use of the empty room as much as possible, i think? because it can lead to a lot of mafia/sk actions being rendered useless


I've to disagree with you. Rather than rendering actions useless, it's better for the Hotel Manager to attempt to have the Mafia teamkill one another. And if it's not a teamkill, the Hotel Manager will get a lead on who the Mafia attempted to kill in the first place (someone likely innocent, unless the SK also switched rooms or the Mafia targeted one of their own).

In regards to your alignment, I've mixed feelings. I want to vote for you, but I also don't want to.


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:08 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 1 time
#62 Post Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
HATER wrote:
The SK and hotel manager can switch the rooms of players. My questions are thus:

May the hotel manager target his own room?

and most importantly, when do room switches happen? if they happen before protections and other night actions, interesting shenanigans could definitely arise (a la busdriver).


>Yes, HM can target his own room.
> Room swaps happen after lynch and before protections.

Ish wrote:
@WaywardVole - Do the players get a notification to which room they were relocated too?


>If a player is moved, he will receive a PM stating which room he now occupies.



Just a heads up, the round may end a little late tonight due to irl stuff for me. Actions/votes/etc are still due by 23:59 EST, but don't be surprised if I don't post for an hour or so after that. It'll build suspense or something. :D


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:16 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times
#63 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
[vote Lawliet]


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:17 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 102 times
#64 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
[unvote]

_________________
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
               Image
Image


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
#65 Post Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
SiX wrote:
@Ish, you seem suspiciously hung up on finding the Serial Killer this game.

Ish wrote:
Janitor (SK) : Chooses one room per night and kills occupants. In addition, chooses a new room each night, switching the current inhabitant to his previous room. Can not be targeted by night actions (peeks and nightkills) but can be targeted by the Sniper and Veteran. Need to lynch/kill him asap, not entirely sure how to approach it though...


Reading this, somewhat puts me at unease. Why are you so worried about finding the Serial Killer? Depending on how the game goes, the Serial Killer may be a needed asset for the Town, to avoid Mafia majority.

But there is some truth to what you say. The ideal situation, for the Mafia, would be to keep the Serial Killer alive, assuming he kills off the Town Members. If the Serial Killer dies, the risk of the Mafia getting caught increases. As such, the Mafia often lose if the Serial Killer dies too early, due to the lack of night kills. However, the Serial Killer mustn't live too long either. For the longer he lives, the greater the risk of him posing a threat by killing the Mafia instead of the Town. The ideal case for the Town would be to kill the Serial Killer as soon as possible, to lessen the amount of nightkills in game. But were the game to progress, Town ought to rethink. The later the game goes, and the more Mafia alive, the more the Town needs the Serial Killer to cooperate with them.

I was just giving my view on the SK role, like we shouldnt leave him up for too long, as his actions are pretty strong, as you mentioned if left for too long, the only reason I've said to kill him asap, as town usually derps at the later stages,lets say we manage to lynch/kill all of the mafia and have just the SK and villagers left with no many PR roles, chances are if its a good player, the SK can see the win through. Also my reasoning behind that was similar to the reason you mentioned directly above. Less nightkills = more villagers up, i understand that SK might be able to kill a mafia maybe more but I'd take the killing roles out soon, the sniper and the SK. if we kill/lynch the sniper then the mafia lose out on a named kill, as the newbie will not get that kill action.

So we should kill the Serial Killer asap, but if we don't find him (which we are likely won't), we should keep him alive, for the time being.

Ish wrote:
Veteran: Able to shoot and kill one player (targets a player directly, not their room) during the game.Super beneficial, as its the only village night action we can carry out on the SK, to remove him from the game. Otherwise we'll have to predict who the SK is by voting style/posts etc.


With all the above said, lets say we decide to kill the Serial Killer. The ideal situation for the Mafia would be exactly what you suggest, to let the Veteran shoot him. By doing so, the Sniper will still have a bullet to shoot one of the Town Members. As such, I highly recommend the Veteran not to attempt to shoot the Serial Killer. Because as long as the Serial Killer lives, and the Veteran refuses to shoot him, the Sniper can't use his shot. Out of self-preservation, he'll decide to wait for the moment he may need it. If he still decides to use his bullet to shoot someone who's not the Serial Killer, then the Mafia will desperately want to lynch the Serial Killer. But they can't. By attempting to vote the Serial Killer, they'll reveal themselves, allowing the Veteran to kill 1 of them and us to lynch them afterwards. As such, the Sniper will preserve his bullet.

Ish wrote:
Hotel Manager: Once per night, can choose any two rooms and swap the occupants.Will want make use of the empty room as much as possible, i think? because it can lead to a lot of mafia/sk actions being rendered useless


I've to disagree with you. Rather than rendering actions useless, it's better for the Hotel Manager to attempt to have the Mafia teamkill one another. And if it's not a teamkill, the Hotel Manager will get a lead on who the Mafia attempted to kill in the first place (someone likely innocent, unless the SK also switched rooms or the Mafia targeted one of their own).

I didn't even think of using the HM to mafia teamkill one another, thats actually pretty interesting.

In regards to your alignment, I've mixed feelings. I want to vote for you, but I also don't want to.

Can you explain why you don't want to vote me in more depth? At the moment I can see why you want to vote for me, as I have left a lot things out/could have explained a lot better, but granted I'm not the only one that should come with stuff etc and I also asked for ppls opinions, which only you have responded to. My read on you is currently village atm.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
#66 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Ultor wrote:
[vote Lawliet]


Why do you want a vote on lawliet?? At that moment in time he would have been guaranteed a lynch, if emziek didn't unvote.

@Emziek, your reason for unvoting??

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
#67 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
@Ultor
Nvm i'm guessing you're just responding to lawliet's vote on you.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:57 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 am
Has thanked: 25 times
Been thanked: 15 times
#68 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
I think I've overslept. Should probably get out of my room and socialise :kappa:

Sorry for afk, first game so ill pass on voting :)

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:58 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 102 times
#69 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Ish wrote:
Ultor wrote:
[vote Lawliet]


Why do you want a vote on lawliet?? At that moment in time he would have been guaranteed a lynch, if emziek didn't unvote.

@Emziek, your reason for unvoting??

Don't want to start a bandwagoon for no reason

_________________
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
               Image
Image


Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:34 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times
#70 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Yeah I just voted against lawliet as a response to his lynch. I've got no readings on the game so far so...


Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
Has thanked: 71 times
Been thanked: 121 times
#71 Post Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Ish wrote:
Can you explain why you don't want to vote me in more depth? At the moment I can see why you want to vote for me, as I have left a lot things out/could have explained a lot better, but granted I'm not the only one that should come with stuff etc and I also asked for ppls opinions, which only you have responded to. My read on you is currently village atm.


Because on one hand I suspect you (wanting Veteran to shoot the SK, wanting the Hotel Manager to swap people with empty rooms) but on the other hand I'm also pondering your thoughts on killing the SK asap, which would benefit the town, as well that my reasoning for suspecting you before (along with sweedygonzales and apekiller) without conclusive proof, just guts based on your plays, turned out to be incorrect. Not really sure how to read you. If you are Mafia, or if you are Town saying Mafia-like things. I'm like standing between 2 piles of hay.


Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:09 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 50 times
#72 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Ultor wrote:
Yeah I just voted against lawliet as a response to his lynch. I've got no readings on the game so far so...


Just checked how you play round 1 in the previous games.
2/3 times you were a villager. You'd write an essay with 5 paragraphs, 100 words long each.. just kidding I mean you put some effort in your R1 posts every time you were a villager.. The one time you were a mafia your post was the kind of "hey I'm here participating in the game, voting and not AFKing"..
guess I can see a pattern here.


Last edited by Lawliet on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 102 times
#73 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
Lawliet wrote:
Ultor wrote:
Yeah I just voted against lawliet as a response to his lynch. I've got no readings on the game so far so...


Just checked how you play round 1 in the previous games.
2/3 times you were a villager. You'd write an essay with 5 paragraphs, 100 words long each.. just kidding I mean you put some effort in your R1 posts every time you were a villager.. The one time you were a mafia your post was the kind of "hey I'm here participating in the game, voting and not AFKing"..
guess I can see a pattern here.


Yeah whats up with that @Ultor

_________________
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
               Image
Image


Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:01 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times
#74 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
People get busy with real life sometimes and honestly I've got nothing to say atm. Waiting for R1 results until I come up with something.


Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 4 times
#75 Post Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort Isolate
We should vote for someone conclusively, otherwise SiX is the one getting lynched because of LHLV, i put forward Crisp0 as he hasn't responded to the thread yet, just his In post. I'd rather vote an afk than someone contributing to the game.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Ish on Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.