Relation between VIPS and ND members/admins.

Jellow

Re: Relation between VIPS and ND members/admins.

Post by Jellow »

There is a whitelist of people that are found fit to use those banning powers. They can be found here for the jailbreak server: http://www.neondragon.net/memberlist.ph ... group&g=39

Everyone else seems to be unfit otherwise they would have been on that list.
Wongerz

Post by Wongerz »

1) I have never seen this happen before
2) Don't agree with VIP handling things like that, you may as well give them membership. VIPs are there to use vote kick and vote ban when no members or admins are online I don't see a point in VIPs trying to help. Plus I don't think it takes a long time till the member actually spots the rule breaker, I think you just need to be a bit more patient.
3) I have done that once but this was because I forgot I was undercover but other than that I haven't seen anything like this happen.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Members who go undercover and kicks people for votekicking/banning are idiots, members with their tags that kick people that use votekicking/banning are also idiots and take the rule "don't use your votekick/ban when a member is online" way too literal and should analyze the situation before kicking the vip just because the rule says its not allowed, I've seen some hilarious decision making by some members and :facepalm: every time.

These problems occurs because of the egos of the members and their general understanding of the purpose of that rule.

Good thread btw, I think this topic needs some attention

edit: for some clarification, I think the only time you should kick people for this is if they do it deliberately and without giving any fucks.
Last edited by Decency on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flanky

Post by flanky »

1) Never happens
2) VIPs pay for extra privileges not membership. Doesn't work that way here.
3) Going undercover prevents cheaters/rule breakers seeing their is a member online and some people act up when there's no presence around so its partially to catch them in tbe act.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

1) If this happens then admins should be alerted so we can talk to the members in question and prevent it happening in future
2) If a tagged member is on the server VIPs should not be using votekick/voteban, period. You should speak to the member(s) using say_team @@ member chat, via steam or any other way you can get their attention. Failing that, take evidence of the rule breaking and report it on the forums.
3) If a member has no tag on and it is unclear or not whether they're a member then of course you should be able to use the VIP votekick/ban
Edo ツ

Post by Edo ツ »

Even if there's a member/admin(s) on the server, there should be no punishment for starting a vote on someone imo. Pretty much everyone knows that moderators can't keep an eye on everything. Why not just let the vote go through and let them deal with it on the forum (assuming the VIP has taken screenshots/demos of the event) if it escalates further? I see no problem in allowing VIPs to use the vote options while a moderator is nearby, unless he has absolutely no reason whatsoever to votekick/ban someone.
These users thanked the author Edo ツ for the post:
wodeen++
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

hmm, allow them to use their votes even if members are online, but if they can't provide proper proof that the vote was justified on the forums if it is requested, they should just get their VIP removed hehe scammed off of 10 bucks gg nD
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
New Vape

Post by New Vape »

First of all I like your idea but some members don't agree with VIPs having powers of kicking or Banning players before vote kick but here is a good idea you can earn permban tool right. Just get permkick tool if your history of banning people is good. Idk I will leave it up to the Admins.
capitan pescanova

Post by capitan pescanova »

Hunie before saying that remember that sometimes members kick players using vote kick because most of them use it in the wrong way, not because we are in the server and we see a votekick, I´ve seen u using a vote kick with me and members undercover in the server and u just got asked about the problem and no one punished u because it was a fair votekick in our point of view, 90 percent of vips use vote kick because they get freekilled, they have a problem with another player or they get mad at someone, and that is not the good way on using it, the vote gets ignored when this guy is kicked from server and thats why I kick vips using votekick even when im unidercover and they dont know a member is there.

I´ve never seen any undercover member kicking a guy using the votekick in the correct way, they always get kicked because VIPS doesnt know the rules and they vote kick for its own benefit.
These users thanked the author capitan pescanova for the post (total 2):
MADLIFE!, dArra;]
g0mik

Post by g0mik »

Mr.President wrote:Just get permkick tool if your history of banning people is good. Idk I will leave it up to the Admins.
what the actual fuck ... :clap:

c63shmurda

Post by c63shmurda »

g0mik #M9 wrote:
Mr.President wrote:Just get permkick tool if your history of banning people is good. Idk I will leave it up to the Admins.
what the actual fuck ... :clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Trash”