View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 2 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next
nD* Jail Member

#76 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
NumBle wrote:
!!!*-Leo-*!!! wrote:
NumBle wrote:
In my point of view, Six didn't get in contact with the Host. It is obvious. And the host countered six's possible confirmation as a town villager. In this instance I honestly believe that Six was and is being fully honest on this. He dared to vote guys. I believe it's good enough reason trust him, even if not fully. At the very least it shows where his alignment lies

Mafia friend detected ;)

I would say if six got killed an we see then he was a Mafia guy we should go with our next vote for numble then =)

Hey Leo, what if Six flips villager?

Then we have time to make new thoughts about all, but for now it Looks like SiX is the best candidate to get killed...and i still hope he is not a villager ;)

Spoiler: show

Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:34 pm

#77 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
I am currently working on teaching java (tomorrow I'll have more time to play WW since I'm off work for the weekend) but for now I'll quickly respond to SiX's points and then add a couple of my own:

(1) In response to "HATER wants the village to stagnate":

Not true. If you look at the role list, we have a Doctor and a massive 3 village investigative roles -- tracker, watcher, and seer (most games of this size have a maximum of 2 village investigative roles). This means that if the investigative roles are CAREFUL and don't get caught and killed by the mafia, they can gather a TON of information and find each other by round 2 or 3 if they are smart.

Hence, my goal was to keep the important information-gathering roles ALIVE past the first round. Pardon me for trying to make sure thaqt our most important roles don't foolishly claim to someone they shouldn't (especially you, given the flimsy reason you gave for you being "safe" to claim to).

(2) All I need to say is this:

SiX is going off my "past behavior" as a mafia. While I don't have the time to dispute why he's wrong on his assumptions about me as a mafia, I will dispute something even better:

I looked back at our WW finished games. Let's look at some statistics, shall we?

Total number of games SiX has participated in with this community: 31

Total number of games SiX has played against me as a mafia: 0

Look it up in finished games -- in fact the only two games SiX has ever been a part of that I've been on the mafia team were WW: Origins (which was a clusterfuck where I got killing r1 for fucking around because it was supposed to be the "last WW game") and Witch Hunt IV where I was revived + converted by the wolf team for 1 round before we won.

Point being: SiX has absolutely 0 experience playing against me when I'm mafia -- which is really weird how he claims to be some kind of expert in how I'm supposed to act when I'm mafia. Again -- flimsy reasoningv -- which seems to be his trademark this game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where we go from here:

So, first off: there's a huge bandwagon on SiX with little to no resistance from anyone else. This massive imbalance makes me seriously doubt whether he's actually mafia -- I feel like if he was, his team would be defending him.

So, although I think SiX has extremely faulty logic -- I think there's a decent chance for him to be innocent.

FURTHERMORE:

7 people voting on SiX, and only one other vote (his own, on me -- go figure) gives us VERY little information. The lynch is the primary source of information for normal villagers, and vote tallies can tell a story (mafia will usually vote together, in bandwagons, for instance).

Right now, if everyone votes the same person, we get very little information. So that's another reason I'll be switching my vote off SiX.

I do agree with Leo, though -- there are a ton of afks this lynch, I'd like to see some of them participating more, so I think a good target to get active would be apekiller -- I'm going to try to put some pressure on him so he'll become active, and I encourage all of you to do the same.

The round 1 lynch is about the village gathering information through voting patterns, and a huge bandwagon with 0 opposition gives us NO info.

[vote apekiller]

(someone update the tally please)

I'll probably be afk until several hours after round end.

ImageImage

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:10 pm
Profile WWW

#78 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
Code:
SiX - 6 - !!!*-Leo-*!!!, Ultor, Ish, Sticky, CrisP0, #BlameItOnLeon
HATER - 1 - SiX
Apekiller - 1 - Hater

Expected Lynch : SiX

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:37 pm
neonDragon Admin

#79 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
[vote Six] for now

Life is hard without Gerty :(
Code:
SiX - 7 - !!!*-Leo-*!!!, Ultor, Ish, Sticky, CrisP0, #BlameItOnLeon, Lawliet
HATER - 1 - SiX
Apekiller - 1 - Hater

no vote - 5 - Konijn(injured), Apekiller, zapt0r, NumBle, Lo Tus

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:47 pm

#80 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
Quote:
And what is with Konijn they tried to kill him so he is clearly a villager and im not sure but maybe after they failed they will try it again to get him killed bcs of the point he is smart and they want get him killed as fast as possible...so im not sure but maybe the doc should protect him now since it was obvisiouly that they specially want him dead.

Mafia can hospitalise one of their own, to throw off suspicion, chances are they wouldn't require one of their votes to lynch a person round 1.

Quote:
All are only my thinking of all and i wouldn´t be surprised if they try now to get me killed to successfully use their kill votes and change the way to those guys that doesnt get protected maybe.

Well i would appreciate too to get protected, i dont wanna die and i think i can help alot in the future of this game to hold our Group allive too.

If you're villager i.e. not a power role, imo shouldn't be asking to be protected R1, so to me you're coming off as a either a village PR or a mafia. The latter being more prevalent.

Atm i'm not entirely sure with SiX, but I'll keep it on this round. If he flips villager, chances are that someone who voted for him will be a mafia, so we narrow our search down.

Anyway i'm requesting the Tracker to check out Leon this round. Doctor to protect Apekiller, Watcher to watch Lawliet, and deputy to check out someone (i would say me, but it wouldn't rule me out completely, as GF appears as village as well). So pretty much everyone use your abilities, gain some information.

Btw it's vital that these specific players are selected. I will explain in the next round.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:06 pm

#81 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
I'm too lazy to check up the games I've played with HATER (kudos to you if you really checked them) but there's one thing you have forgotten to take into account. The games I myself have hosted. I do observe the players participating and I've noticed you play differently when you are a Mafia than when you are a Town member. And I've also played on the same team as you (which you did mention). So your process is correct but your conclusion is not. I don't have zero experience with your plays as a Mafia.

Secondly, don't listen to HATER. HATER realizes he will get lynched next round for lynching me. That's why he tries to switch the vote from me, so that he won't be held accountable. If you look at what he just wrote:

Quote:
"So, first off: there's a huge bandwagon on SiX with little to no resistance from anyone else. This massive imbalance makes me seriously doubt whether he's actually mafia -- I feel like if he was, his team would be defending him."

Pay close attention to what he's saying.

If you entertain the thought that I am Mafia, with only 2 teammates around, the only one who has defended me is Numble. Yet HATER claims there has been little to no resistance, despite the fact that there's only 3 mafia in total (Six, Numble and X). Basically 1 / 2 of my teammates did defend me, and that does not equal little to no resistance. But HATER knows he cannot push a lynch on Numble (who is Town) once I flip Town.

Furthermore, it would make little sense for a Mafia to defend me, since if I do flip Mafia, they would be lynched tomorrow. With this mindset, HATER should push a lynch on me and lynch Numble tomorrow. But HATER knows he cannot push a lynch on Numble (who is Town) once I flip Town. No, he would be lynched himself.

And not to forget, HATER suggests the mafia should be protecting me rather than voting against me. That would be truly detrimental. The Mafia should vote against me and wait for a Town member to protect me so that the Town member would be lynched tomorrow.

HATER realizes he will be lynched himself tomorrow if he lynches me today and because of that he tries to pull away from this bandwagon by voting an afk. He also tries to avoid being lynched today by attempting to rub elbows with me who accuse him.

Quote:
So, although I think SiX has extremely faulty logic -- I think there's a decent chance for him to be innocent.

Last edited by SiX on Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:27 pm
Friend of the Community

#82 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
Added role descriptions on the OP in case it may help someone understand what a role does, an idea Konijn gave me.

It also made me spot that the OP hadn't explained what the GF could avoid and not as he can normally avoid trackers and watchers but that is not the case this game, he's only alignment peek immune meaning it only "messes" with the deputy's alignment check. This wasn't K0ntra's fault but mine, forgot to mention that he should add it in the OP.

- Benjamin Franklin

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:30 pm

#83 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
I encourage the doctor to protect me as I have revealed certain information which will get me killed.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:37 pm
neonDragon Admin

#84 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
[vote HATER]

I talked with SiX.. I think he's innocent. and I think HATER is being really suspicious..

Code:
HATER - 2 - SiX, Lawliet
Apekiller - 1 - Hater

Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:44 pm

#85 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
Ultor wrote:
I encourage the doctor to protect me as I have revealed certain information which will get me killed.

>Says that he revealed something that will get him killed
>asks publicly for a doc protection.

Genius.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:04 pm

#86 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
Round 1 is now over! Round 2 has begun.

[kill SiX, lynched]

SiX was
Normal Villager

Code:
HATER - 2 - SiX, Lawliet
Apekiller - 1 - Hater

AFK Warnings: Apekiller, Lo Tus, zapt0r
If somebody is AFK for two rounds in a row they will be modkilled. I will PM these three to remind them they're actually participating in this game.

Story:
This day didn't bring peace to the village, as many expected. The huge snow storm has become even bigger, completely surrounding Blauckbrighton and making it impossible for anyone to escape. It is freezing in the village. Many houses are completely covered in snow and some villagers needed to be dragged out of them. At the very start of this day, HATER has placed his vote on SiX, and SiX placed his on HATER – but others trusted HATER on this. SiX tried hard to reverse the situation, and he did manage to gain trust of some people, but it wasn't enough. HATER, the person who started the bandwaggon on SiX actually changed his vote to Apekiller, who spent the whole day hiding in his house, and he didn't vote for anyone. Every minute SiX was closer and closer to death. Soon he gave up arguing, locked himself in his house and hoped for the best. 9 PM soon came, and others went to kill him. They brought torches and swords, destroyed his front door and stabbed him in the neck – to find out he was actually innocent! They searched his body and his house, where they found useful information about him, and that's how they discovered and proved his innocence. They were all standing in a circle, looking at his dead body, and the blood spilled for nothing. Everyone was quiet for a couple of minutes, nobody wanted to speak. Then, one by one the villagers exited his house. Everybody felt depressed. „You killed an innocent man“ shouted Lawliet in Ultor's face. Another day ended, definitely not happily. „Tough days are ahead of us“ said Ish. „And only a few of us will make through them alive“ agreed !!!*-Leo-*!!!. Everybody knew they were playing an extremely dangerous game. Luckily, nobody else died that day. Rest in peace, SiX.
Guys, if you don't mind I'd like if you to rate my English from 1 to 10 based on this fragment, if you want to.

[dawn]

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:00 pm

#87 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
Kontra I give you a solid 5 outta 7

@Host: Would everyone be informed if the doc sucessfully protected someone? I find odd the nonexistence of a nightkill

Heart-Break

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:11 pm

#88 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
NumBle wrote:
@Host: Would everyone be informed if the doc sucessfully protected someone? I find odd the nonexistence of a nightkill

No, they wouldn't be informed.

Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:22 pm
nD* Jail Member

#89 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
Damn we lost one of us, i feel so sad for you SiX..i will come every day and put flowers on your grave and we will give you the best place in our village to rest in peace. Well that makes it way harder to think about it who is trustable and who not?!

HATER why you tried so hard to get SiX killed and changed insidious your vote to Apekiller, after you saw SiX was the closest one to get vote-killed??? You have something good to say about it to convince me after SiX died that you are not a Mafia guy?

What for thoughts does the others have now? What can we villagers do to catch one of this murders and hold our Village and Group allive?

Why are the most so quiet, does that say there are the best candidates for a Mafia Killer???

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:07 pm

#90 Post Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge Isolate
I say we lynch hater.

His statistics don't add up. We're talking about Six here. He hosted plenty of games where you, hater, were both mafia and village. If you knew Six, you'd know that he actually pays attention to how everyone plays the game.
You change your vote last minute to apekiller so you could avoid having the blood of Six dripping in your hands.

We both know that Six plays better than that Hater. You got baited hard and you fell for it.

On another note, you all have no reason to believe that I'm village besides being THE ONLY ONE WHO WAS STANDING AGAINST THE LYNCH ON SIX. It can count for nothing. It can count for everything.

Vote Tally:
Hater - 1 - Numble

Heart-Break

Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15  Next