[S2] Mafia XXVIII: Revenge

Ish

Re: Mafia XXVIII: Revenge

Post by Ish »

I am a villager too.
Pretty sure that's what everyone else will claim, will you include everyone in the group of villagers?
I spoke to Ko9 he claimed "mafia", we should lynch him Ro1 or something.
Other than that I got nothing.
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Ish wrote:I am a villager too.
Pretty sure that's what everyone else will claim, will you include everyone in the group of villagers?
Of course, every villager is welcome. This doesn't seem like something ko9 would say/do. Do you have anything other than just claiming that you spoke to ko9 to back up you accusation?
Regards,
zapt0r
Ish

Post by Ish »

zapt0r wrote:
Ish wrote:I am a villager too.
Of course, every villager is welcome. This doesn't seem like something ko9 would say/do. Do you have anything other than just claiming that you spoke to ko9 to back up you accusation?

I didn't print screen it but thats what he said on battle.net, ask him.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

1) Was an obvious joke
2) Screenshotting convos/host pms etc is not allowed
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Konijn wrote:1) Was an obvious joke
2) Screenshotting convos/host pms etc is not allowed
Not so obvious as he could have been a new player for all I know.
Regards,
zapt0r
HATER

Post by HATER »

Okay, first off -- I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Claiming "Villager" means absolutely nothing.

Anyone can lie (including the mafia-- surprise, surprise!) , and "villager" is considered the default claim for everyone until otherwise noted. Mafia (and most village power roles) will nearly all always claim villager in the first round.

So, logically, claiming villager is completely null, and trusting people for making an essentially pointless claim actually hurts the village -- if you base even a small bit of trust on someone for doing so (let alone so-called "teams" operating off nothing more than empty words!), then your ability to think critically about them is hindered, because you may not suspect them as much as you would someone else, creating an imbalance (however small) in how you view them.

Claiming villager adds absolutely no new information to the mix -- and because it's pointless noise, it hinders real investigative work from being done.

tl;dr: People can lie, claiming villager is at best pointless (since everyone including mafia will do it round 1), and at worst somewhat harmful because it clouds judgement and contributes to useless noise.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
HATER

Post by HATER »

(side note -- I am busy instructing children how to program for most of my day and am not online until 10-11 PM (EST) most nights. Will not be available for many of you european folk.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Konijn wrote: 2) Screenshotting convos/host pms etc is not allowed
I don't think screenshotting a convo is against the rules, at least don't recall that being added and have on numerous occasions seen this happen. If the rule was changed, when was this?

Although a general reminder (will say that in any game, so it's not to sway this game in any way) screenshotting convos to prove a point may shoot yourself in the foot in future games. When you in a future game get asked for a screenshot and suddenly can't provide you're almost confirmed not village as you had no issues doing it in village games. So I as a player refuse to screenshot convos to prove a point in any game.

However screenshotting or quoting a host (pm) leads to a direct modkill, you are allowed to paraphrase it though so if you get a long pm explaining you're a doctor you're of course free to claim this in the game when and if you need to or find it appropriate.

(Given the pm is about your role in any way, or anyone else's, if it's to quote a rule or a game mechanic explanation that's fine obv)
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
SiX

Post by SiX »

Alright, based on my actions R0 I'm confirmed Non-Mafia / Non-deputy. Basically any town role but the Deputy.

This is what the H0st stated page 3:
In the first round, Round 0, you cannot vote if you are not either a mafia member or the deputy, you don't have anything to do in this first round.
I, however, decided to vote against HATER sorry :(. But apparently my vote didn't count. The host, new as he is, made a mistake by revealing the following information:
This is R0, there's no voting in R0 lelz
Since he knew my role he thought it to be a good reminder to tell me I couldn't vote. And since HATER is still alive that's proven. But he didn't keep in mind what this disclosure's potential consequences was.

With this in mind I'd like to ask everyone for a role claim.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

SiX I'm afraid I don't understand. By saying "This is R0, there's no voting in R0 lelz" I ment to say that there is no vote-for-lynch-ing in R0. And you wanted to vote HATER for lynch, is that correct?
In the first round, Round 0, you cannot vote if you are not either a mafia member or the deputy, you don't have anything to do in this first round.
Uhh... I made a mistake in that sentence. Forgot to add a "so" between "vote" and "if":
In the first round, Round 0, you cannot vote, so if you are not either a mafia member or the deputy, you don't have anything to do in this first round.
The first part of the sentence explains you can't vote anybody for lynch in R0. The second part explains you don't have anything to do in R0, if you are not either the deputy or a mafia member. The second part was just a little clarification for all those who are new to this. So if I'm not mistaken and if I understood you correctly, everything should be fixed now, no harm done. Probably.
I apologize for that mistake.
HATER

Post by HATER »

K0ntRa wrote:SiX I'm afraid I don't understand. By saying "This is R0, there's no voting in R0 lelz" I ment to say that there is no vote-for-lynch-ing in R0. And you wanted to vote HATER for lynch, is that correct?
Uhh... I made a mistake in that sentence. Forgot to add a "so" between "vote" and "if":
In the first round, Round 0, you cannot vote, so if you are not either a mafia member or the deputy, you don't have anything to do in this first round.
The first part of the sentence explains you can't vote anybody for lynch in R0. The second part explains you don't have anything to do in R0, if you are not either the deputy or a mafia member. The second part was just a little clarification for all those who are new to this. So if I'm not mistaken and if I understood you correctly, everything should be fixed now, no harm done. Probably.
I apologize for that mistake.
^this.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure most people who've played mafia before understood what k0ntra meant -- I certainly did.

I find it hard to believe SiX, who has played a total of (12? 13?) games with this community over the past couple of years would misunderstand that -- he knows how the game works.

He also ALREADY knew that there's no voting in r0 (for anyone), and I think most players that have played a game or two before could figure out the problem with what he was trying to say.

Therefore, since SiX...

1. Knew what he was doing at the time
2. Has the ability and experience to easily figure out the problem with the assumption "lol only power roles and mafia can vote on r0", which anyone who's played the game more than once or twice (let alone as many times as SiX has!) would be able to quickly recognize that assumption as false (See: a crock of shit (See also: Maki's entire life)).
3. Since only people who haven't played much before would actually believe him...
and (most importantly) 4. Has asked for village power role claims based on this flimsy assumption,

I think I can solidly suspect SiX of deliberately attempting to take advantage of new players who have village power roles, since new players would be least likely to see the massive flaws in his "reasoning", and he IMMEDIATELY asked for roleclaims right afterwards -- honestly, how suspicious is that?

For this reason, SiX is a major suspect here -- at best, he was extremely stupid, certainly not nearly as capable as I'd thought he was, and therefore a detriment to the village.

At worst, he was a mafia deliberately misleading players who don't know any better into giving up extremely sensitive information to the mafia team.

Therefore, my vote on r1 will go on SiX, and I don't intend to change it unless something even more suspicious comes up. In his current state, SiX is bad news for the village.

My advice to new players who may have found themselves with a Tracker, Watcher, Doctor, or Cop role: TRUST NO-ONE with your role. Honestly, the amount of games that are thrown just because someone accidentally trusts a mafia with valuable information are too many to count. Play it SAFE, especially the first two rounds when you have no info.

@K0ntra: When round 1 starts, please place my vote on SiX. I'm afraid I won't be online when it starts.

ImageImage
SiX

Post by SiX »

Dear Hater, K0ntra has clearly stated he planned on hosting a game similar to Werewolf and from this perspective, it makes absolute sense that the game mechanics could be different. Anyway, I was mistaken and this should nullify my confirmation as a town member. On the other hand, you are clearly pulling a Mafia card on me right now. What you have said up to now makes all perfect sense. That I should have known better than to do what I did. This is something both Town members and Mafia can accuse me for. However, you have a tendency not to entertain every perspective when you are Mafia, which appears to be the case right now. In other words, you have failed to take into account the rashness of my actions. As a Mafia member there would be no way I'd be this sloppy and you know it. After all, you use the argument of me being an experienced player, right? With that in mind I believe you are doing your utmost to avoid me from getting any claims, because you realize the threat it would hold. Therefore by lynching me on rational grounds you can avoid the suspicion of being lynched tomorrow, it was justified after all, wasn't it? Everyone, my greatest suspicion right now is on HATER.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Round 0 end! Round 1 will begin now.
[dawn]
[injure Konijn]
I will NOT accept any actions I was sent in R0 as actions for R1 unless otherwise specified.

Story:
Spoiler!
Days of joy and prosperity weren't meant to last in the cold Scottish village Blauckbrighton. The dark forces, supported by the corrupted villagers greedy for power, summoned a huge snow storm on the village, completely covering it and its surroundings. Some villagers fled while they still could. They have carried what they could, and left less necesarry things in the village unguarded, making it very easy for the corrupted villagers, known to some as the mafia, to steal them. But not all villagers fled. Fourteen bravest souls stayed in the village to protect what they have been gathering for decades, and they didn't mean to give it up so easily. Now it was too late for them to flee, even if they wanted. If they tried to escape the village they would end up freezing to death. They knew some of them are members of the mafia, and that they will fight hard to steal everything that can be stolen, and to kill the others. Who will come out as a winner, and who will die? Will the advantage in numbers overcome the advantage in strength and secrecy? The tensions were high, and everyone was scared. And then, three shots could have been heard during the night, while most, but clearly not all, villagers were sleeping. After searching each house, they found Konijn lying on the floor of his bedroom, covered in blood and unconscious... Or maybe dead? Lo Tus acted bravely, she went to see if he Konijn is alive. „He is breathing!“ she said after measuring his pulse. After examining him, the villagers realized he will be unconscious for the next day, maybe even a bit longer than that. HATER was the first to lose his calm, he shouted „Killer! You deserve to die!“ in SiX's face. Others, such as NumBle didn't support him. After hours of tensions all agreed to vote for who to have lynched at the end of each day. The first day, Konijn won't be able to vote, unfortunately, because he has been shot and is unconscious. Dangerous days are ahead of the villagers, and some definitely won't make through them alive.
* Names which I provided in this text aren't necesarilly matching actions in this game. E.G. NumBle
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

HATER wrote:@K0ntra: When round 1 starts, please place my vote on SiX. I'm afraid I won't be online when it starts.
Okay, this vote below is from you:
[vote SiX] (unknown voter)

Code: Select all

SiX- 1 - HATER
SiX

Post by SiX »

[Vote HATER]

Return to “Finished Games”