[Village Win] [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

HATER

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

Rainboy's death had rocked the village to its core. Most of the town seemed shocked into a stunned silence, and when someone suggested that cml be again beaten and imprisoned, nobody protested, and everyone silently just nodded. Even cml didn't speak in his own defense, and instead of his yells of protest from the day before, all that could be heard from the village square were subdued groans, and the dull thud of the cudgel.

As night fell, few turned their backs on their doors, and even fewer slept. The wind that had plagued the town since the first attacks howled and shrieked louder than ever, and the villagers shifted uneasily in their beds. Some thought they could faintly hear screams in the night, but it was hard to tell. One thing was certain, though: Nobody wanted to leave their houses to go check on this god-forsaken night.

Morning dawned, and quickly the stone huts emptied. The townsfolk worriedly huddled in the town square, where Arsenic (a newcomer to the village) lay, barely alive, bleeding out on the ground. As people started to gather around him, tending to his wounds, he gasped out the all too familiar story of being set upon by stronger creatures, and having his blood drained from his veins. Several heads nodded in agreement to his description of the event, though others raised their eyebrows. After all, just what WAS Arsenic doing out on such a night?

cml Lynched
cml Survived
Arsenic Attacked
Arsenic Survived

[log cml, lynched]
[dusk]
[log arsenic, attack by vampires]
[dawn]
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
ARSENIC

Post by ARSENIC »

AH CAN'T FEEL MAH LEGS.
ARSENIC

Post by ARSENIC »

Also, [vote cml]

Additionally, I'm marked for death this coming round so if anyone could use Salvation on me I'd be much obliged.
Katika VS

Post by Katika VS »

Kill kill kill! :D
[vote cml] (not day)
Katika VS

Post by Katika VS »

*^*
[vote cml]
HATER

Post by HATER »

All pms are out now (whew).

I'm changing up the time a little bit, especially because we're entering a crucial phase of the game. It's been a tad stressful for me to end rounds at midnight on school night, so I'm changing to noon round endings. This should please our European audiences a bit as well.

R3 has ended. New signups are no longer accepted.

If the vampires had a conversion, they have used it by now. There are currently 3 Vampires in the game.

R4 will end at noon monday, EDT. (Approx. 33 hours from the time of this post.)
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Pr0Gr4mm4

Post by Pr0Gr4mm4 »

[Vote cml]
cml

Post by cml »

Wow.

You do all know there is no point voting me now, right?
I am already dead from Hemos this round.

[vote cml]

alright, might as well waste the lynch
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin

Post by Lawliet »

[vote cml]
MMage

Post by MMage »

[vote cml]
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

ARSENIC wrote:AH CAN'T FEEL MAH LEGS.
but I love it

[vote cml]
ARSENIC

Post by ARSENIC »

Someone please salv me. I'm marked for death, and very low. I'm pretty certain I'm dead if I don't get a salv, and the fact that I've been publicly attacked and begging should prove to some degree that I'm innocent.
HATER

Post by HATER »

For the last time, please, please please read the OP. Especially in regards to desperate gamble.

I've had too of many people skim over details of desperate gamble thinking it's a magical free shield/heal thing. It's not.

Yes, it has no cost. Yes, it can heal you -- but only if you take damage greater than or equal to the amount of the shield. And the shield also can damage you in you don't take enough damage that round. It also prevent all other heals on you and turns them into MORE shield for that round. And it refreshes each round, and is impossible to cancel.

It also procs the NEXT round, before lynch. I apologize for the inconvenience in the order of actions. The current place of Desperate gamble in the order of actions corresponded to the health cost only (back when it HAD a health cost).

Just to be clear, desperate gamble works like this:

Say Bob is in R2 and has 200 life. He thinks will will be lynched and NKed R3, so he casts desperate gamble for 500 HP next round.

The next round, Bob votes. He would have healed for 50 damage but instead that is added to the shield amount, for a total of 550. He is lynched for 350 damage, then NKed for 200 more, and drained for an additional 150 (700 total damage).

His shield breaks at 550 damage, healing him for 75% of its amount (+413 for a total of 613 health.). He then takes 150 damage from the drain, bringing him down to 463 health.

The next round (r4), Bob's shield refreshes, again resetting to 500 life. He gains 50 shield from voting. So he has 463{+550} life {+shield}. This time let's say he takes only 150 damage from a stray drain.

That only takes off 150 from his shield, leaving it at 400. He gets damaged for the unused shield amount, leaving him at 63 life only.

----------------

(Salvation will keep a person with desperate gamble from losing health to the shield but the 100 healing proc will be wasted).

Outside healing increases the shield amount instead of healing the player and therefore increases the amount of damage they will take if the shield is not broken. Hence Blood Pact is a very strong counter to Desperate gamble.

And finally, Desperate gamble's shield does not shield from health costs you spend on abilities. Those will come directly from your life pool, not from the shield amount. % health costs do not factor in the shield either.

Hope this clears things up for you all, I've had like 5 people these last two round get the completely wrong idea of how it works.

-HATER

ImageImage
JTc

Post by JTc »

[vote cml]
<.<
MMage

Post by MMage »

Alrighty. Based on what Hater said above, I have information to throw into the open.

I snooped CML last round, and he has 123 (lel) life, plus a 500 shield.

Desperate Gamble absorbs damage and explodes if it gets enough, healing the caster. Cml is voting, so the shield goes up to 550 power. Lynch right now does 350 damage, and there's at least 1 Bandwagon Bargain (The one I did last round) on him, dealing 400 damage. If there's 150 more damage anywhere (like a 3rd round Hemo tick, or three more Bandwagons), then his shield will explode and give him 413 hp (rounding) and make everything that happened this round damn useless.
(Edit: Vampires can NK each other for the 200 damage that it deals. That fulfills the extra 150 damage the shield needs ez as fuck)

If, however, we leave him to sit and think about what he's done in the corner, the 550 leftover shield will kill him.

Kat made a peek last round that Kon had 975 life, and Draining a target that's been Unholy Retributioned gives 225 hp (150 to drain, 75 to the 50% bonus from a marked target). The village abilities don't have a clear choice for granting 75 hp, but the vampires have one that obviously happened: Rainboy said he was marked right before the post he died in.

So, with both of these things together...

TL;DR: Cml's gonna die already, lynch Kon
[Vote Konijn]

Edit: Typo on Lynch damage, herp. Also asked Hater about vampire NK.
Delicious tacos below. They're all mine and you can't have any.
Spoiler!
Image-Image-Image-Image-Image

Return to “Finished Games”