[Village Win] [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

[signups closed]
[start]

Alignment pms should be heading out shortly.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

Pms have been sent out!


Sample Village PM:
Hello!

You are on the Village team!

You have 1000 life and may use any 2 of the standard abilities each turn. You win when all the Vampires are dead.

Remember, you gain health by voting each round, and can lose health easily by being inactive.

Good luck!

Remember, wolves must use any conversions they have by the end of R3 (unless someone joins unusually late in the round).

When R3 has ended and conversions have been done, I will announce the number of vampires currently in the game.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
Maki
Friend of the Community
Posts: 4410
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by Maki »

why are signups closed, i thought you could join for 3 rounds
Image
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

Maki wrote:why are signups closed, i thought you could join for 3 rounds
I closed signups so we could [start]. If you want to be added to the game, post, and I'll use the [add] command.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
cml
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:25 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by cml »

Given that you have started the game already, I assume this is now R0 and people joining now would start on a lower life total?

Is that correct?

If so, Maki, I would have to ask you why you are looking to join now. Your life is only reduced a small amount (not enough to make this an equilibrium play) and it gives a 25% chance of additional vampires.
(assuming you do join, of course).
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

cml wrote:Given that you have started the game already, I assume this is now R0 and people joining now would start on a lower life total?

Is that correct?

If so, Maki, I would have to ask you why you are looking to join now. Your life is only reduced a small amount (not enough to make this an equilibrium play) and it gives a 25% chance of additional vampires.
(assuming you do join, of course).
Just want to clear something up -- cml raises a good point, but it's not entirely accurate.


Tbh, if maki (or any additional player) wants to join, he should do it during r0, when the life penalty is limited and without having to blow equilibrium early. The game is set up so that it's usually in both teams' best interest (but especially the village's) to recruit more players up to each full set of 4 players (because the lynch will then gain extra power, and though the town is assured a vampire, they are also assured 3 new villagers as well). So the village's most secure way is actually if two players join the game so the lynch gains extra damage.

For the player after each set of four (e.g. the 5th player, the 9th, the 13th), it's a gamble like the one cml is describing because you have a 25% chance of getting a new vampire for little return back.

Since we're at 10 players already, there's a 50% chance of an extra vampire. If two more players join, then that chance goes up to 100%, but also raises the lynch damage and assures the village some certainty that they know the ratio of vampires to villagers.


Just an observation.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
Konijn
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 373 times

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by Konijn »

HATER wrote:
cml wrote:Given that you have started the game already, I assume this is now R0 and people joining now would start on a lower life total?

Is that correct?

If so, Maki, I would have to ask you why you are looking to join now. Your life is only reduced a small amount (not enough to make this an equilibrium play) and it gives a 25% chance of additional vampires.
(assuming you do join, of course).
Just want to clear something up -- cml raises a good point, but it's not entirely accurate.


Tbh, if maki (or any additional player) wants to join, he should do it during r0, when the life penalty is limited and without having to blow equilibrium early. The game is set up so that it's usually in both teams' best interest (but especially the village's) to recruit more players up to each full set of 4 players (because the lynch will then gain extra power, and though the town is assured a vampire, they are also assured 3 new villagers as well). So the village's most secure way is actually if two players join the game so the lynch gains extra damage.

For the player after each set of four (e.g. the 5th player, the 9th, the 13th), it's a gamble like the one cml is describing because you have a 25% chance of getting a new vampire for little return back.

Since we're at 10 players already, there's a 50% chance of an extra vampire. If two more players join, then that chance goes up to 100%, but also raises the lynch damage and assures the village some certainty that they know the ratio of vampires to villagers.


Just an observation.
With the chance of new players becoming a vampire so high, I don't really even see the point in allowing sign-ups post the game start/roles. Surely if there was a new player who joined now and that player had a 50% chance of being a vamp, they would get lynched very quickly.
Image
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

Also, some clarification/slight tweaks:

-Scarlet Wounds has diminishing returns when more than one is cast on a player in the same round.
-Equilibrium may not be cast by or on a player with Desperate Gamble or salvation active.
-Drain and Unholy Retribution may not be cast on teammates.
-Enshroud buffed, now allows you to fake how much health you have if you are snooped that round.
-Investigate may not be used by more than one member of the vampire team at a time (to keep vampires from spamming investigate so that the health cost becomes so high nobody ever casts it).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Konijn wrote: With the chance of new players becoming a vampire so high, I don't really even see the point in allowing sign-ups post the game start/roles. Surely if there was a new player who joined now and that player had a 50% chance of being a vamp, they would get lynched very quickly.

It doesn't work like that. When a new vampire comes into the game, it's not necessarily the player that triggered it that becomes the vampire. The vampires get a conversion that they must use by R3.

This conversion scales with peeks (meaning that if you peeked someone as innocent, and then they got converted, the peek will be updated to show that they are now a vampire). For this reason, peeks are extremely strong and it's wise for the village to work together on how they're going to use them.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
Rainboy
Posts: 1923
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
Location: Somewhere Over the Rainboy
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by Rainboy »

HATER wrote:
Maki wrote:why are signups closed, i thought you could join for 3 rounds
I closed signups so we could [start]. If you want to be added to the game, post, and I'll use the [add] command.
Those commands are separate for a reason. Though mostly untested, GERTY should allow them to be used individually.

[start] implies [signups closed] and [dawn] implies [start], but you could easily use [signups open] after [start] to reset it.

Basic logic pseudocode:

Code: Select all

Start:
If signups are open, run [signups closed] command.
Mark the game as having started.

Code: Select all

Dawn:
If the game hasn't started yet, run [start] command.
Mark the current phase as day.
Increment the round counter.
So it is completely fine to say [signups open] at any time after you say [start] or [dawn], and subsequent uses of [dawn] will not close them.
Sense? What fun is there in making sense...?
User avatar
Styx
Posts: 1023
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:43 pm
Location: Norway
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by Styx »

Ah i forgot, in.
I think we girls are bitches, even though I am one --------------
Image
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

Styx wrote:Ah i forgot, in.
[add Styx]
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

The round has ended. Story and results soon.
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
HATER
Posts: 2293
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:20 pm
Location: Behind you.
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 69 times
Contact:

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by HATER »

It would seem there wasn't much to be seen or heard this autumn night, but a strange wind blew through the quiet Transylvanian village. As it whisked through the stone huts, teasing at windows and making doors shudder, the poor villagers huddled together for warmth in their homes. The wind picked up speed, snaking through alleyways, and whipping around corners, howling out over the cobblestones, carrying dust and debris with it, until it reached one man, lying bleeding in the street. The wind picked up particles of blood and carried them to beings that would welcome the smell. As his hair blew away from his face, the man became recognizable, and as morning dawned, startled cries rang out in the now-still air. Villagers gathered around the injured man, their faces filling with concern, grief, and most of all: fear.

For an evil had arrived with the wind that night, and every being in the town square, human or not, could feel it in their bones.



Pr0gr4mm4 Attacked.
Pr0gr4mm4 Hospitalized.


R1 will end midnight tomorrow. (Aprrox 24 hours)



[injure pr0gr4mm4]
[dawn]
You must disregard the statement I am currently making because every statement I make is inherently false.

ImageImage
User avatar
Pr0Gr4mm4
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 pm
Location: Enschede
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by Pr0Gr4mm4 »

thank you for biting me:(
Image
cml
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:25 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact

Post by cml »

ok, just going to post quickly about powers, will vote later. It is still early here, but I want everyone to have time to think before sending in actions.

Investigation.

Now, of course, we want to investigate people. There are a few problems though, which we need to find solutions to if we want it to work.
  • If more than 2(at the moment) people use investigate, it will fail.
  • Anyone using investigate becomes a target if they claim it publicly ahead of time.
  • Enshroud
The first point means that, if more than 1 village player uses investigate, and the vampires know this, it will fail. Thankfully, Hater changed it so that only one vampire can use it, otherwise we would never be able to investigate.

The second point, and the one I hope to see possible solutions to here if anyone comes up with any, means that we can't publicly co-ordinate investigations. If we do, the investigator would either be killed or (assuming they are protected from damage) roleblocked.

And finally, the third point means that anyone who is investigated should also be roleblocked on that round. This further adds to the difficulty in co-ordinating an investigation, as a person can't afford both a roleblock and an investigation on starting life.


Thankfully, while investigating means that all of the above must be considered, there is something that everyone can easily do. Snoop.
This is our other way of potentially spotting vampires. While it can't clear a person, it may be able to notice any strange movements in a player's life total that may be indicative of their being a vampire.
Post Reply

Return to “Finished Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 54 guests