jb_community by Schlumpf-'

Schlumpf

jb_community by Schlumpf-'

Post by Schlumpf »

Hi,
i thought of making another JailBreak Map for nD.
But to do that i want you to create the map, by that i mean create the Layout *1 and come up with good unique games *2.
If you come up with ideas I will respond by telling you if it's possible or not, if it is possible I will add this idea to this Thread (first Post) so you can see all the ideas mentioned to that point.

This all may sound weired but it's easy to explain, for me it's harder to think of a good structure/Layout and creating games than actually making these. For example the games in jb_sunny_v3 were all designed by "[Simpson] Bart".
So if this works well the next map will be like "Map by nD". ;D

Pleas notice: I WON'T create any surf games, since i suck in creating surf shit.

*1 A Layout is the look of the map, for example is the Main Area (cells,cage,gunroom) in the middle of the map and all the games around it? (jb_oasis) or is it almost all infornt of the Main Area (jb_flyhigh).
2* Games is quite obvious. Games you want to play in the map.

Schlumpf-'
Map progress: 66%

IDEAS SO FAR:
  • Cannon/ladder last man standing
  • Diving board game (czone)
  • Dynamic/improved laser dive
  • Diving board square game

GAMES WHICH WILL BE ADDED 100%:
Soccer Field
Massive rock paper scissors
Duck and jump with moving obstacles
Booster game
Fall through square from a standing point game
Huge grenade game
Strafe clay pigeon
Strafe obstacle course

IF YOU WANT YOUR NAME TO BE ADDED TO THE MAP WRITE IT IN THIS THREAD!
Last edited by Schlumpf on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:03 am, edited 18 times in total.
Razor8182

Re: New Map by me?!

Post by Razor8182 »

I have a suggestion. You can do deathrun and an obsticle course like in flyhigh.

And you can put bhop blocks and kz.
Spoiler!
Don't forget tramboline and football of course
Schlumpf

Post by Schlumpf »

I have a suggestion.
That's great but you got to go more in detail by saying that :)

GN8
Schlumpf-'
Razor8182

Post by Razor8182 »

Stuff I Suggest :

Big maze
Ring game
Trampoline
Music game
Little bunny hop will be good, Right?
I want two obistcle courses not one. one small and one big
Boxing ring for events and boxing in tgames and lr
Big pool for nice high jumps and races
I want a hard deathrun but make it short
Nice car race will be useful
Long kz for races
Nade games are always useful
Wipeout is the best
220 LJ, not so important but you can add it if you want
BEST THING EVER A BIG ASS FOOTBALL FIELD

And yeah thats everything. You should add temple run too
These users thanked the author Razor8182 for the post:
Schlumpf
ivanici

Post by ivanici »

Add a big tower like in ba_tamama. Maybe suicide jump or a surf from there.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

I have tried to make several maps over the years and just given up part way through all of them. Some of them I quite liked the layout, and some of them had nice original games.

Here is my favourite layout, unfortunately I can't find the map or bsp so I've had to recreate it (extremely poorly) in mspaint: http://imgur.com/a/E8wsl

The first drawing is a top-down view of the upper part of the map, where the cells and gunroom are. The box in the middle is a semi-transparent fence that you can look down at the cage/lower area. The gunroom has a door which leads to the cell area, only opened by a button inside the gunroom.

The second drawing is a side view of the cage and the stairs leading from the upper area to it. Behind the stairs/cage should be an area which I was planning to use for cafeteria, can be used for another game though ofc. Behind the view is the lower part of the gunroom (there is a ladder connecting the two) and behind to the right is a doorway leading to the basement area of the map containing games. In addition to that, there are also two doors on each side of the cage (like in jb_snow) that lead outside to other areas/games.

One of my best games is this ladder race game:

Image taken from my map: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=215&t=12785 - you can make as many lanes for the race as you wish and include a teleport or light or something at the top to indicate who wins.

Another game I made for which I do not have the map files either is a teleport game. You start at a high point and you jump into a teleport. You are of course teleported, but are in the air falling and need to repeat this process of hitting each teleport in order to complete the game. If you miss a teleport you should either fall to your death or get teleported back to the start of the game.

Finally my last game which I only partially made was to make the player ride a func_train along a set path, avoiding hazardous objects such as lasers, pendulums, crushers and more.
These users thanked the author Konijn for the post (total 2):
Schlumpf, austria_wien
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I had a list of games I'd like to see on top of my head just spent a lot of time trying to post them here and think of how to put them on a map. Some might be hard to do or sound stupid to you, but at least it should be food for thought since some of them haven't been mentioned anywhere on the forums or anywhere that I know of. I suggested some of these to many mappers, but it seems like they just get considered and then not added later so here's a list of potential stuff.
  • Booster game
  • Fall through square from a standing point game
  • Strafe obstacle course
  • Duck and jump with moving obstacles
  • Strafe clay pigeon
  • Cannon/ladder last man standing
  • Massive rock paper scissors
  • Bumper cars/roadrage
  • Huge grenade game
  • Diving board game (czone)
  • Dynamic/improved laser dive
  • Diving board square game
  • MOST IMPORTANT ADDITION

Booster game
Spoiler!
Fall through square from a standing point game
Spoiler!
Strafe obstacle course
Spoiler!
Self-explanatory, you see strafe races on maps like sunny/jungle but never do they have any obstacle other than not hitting a wall, imagine trying to dodge stuff at high speed. (laser/spikes/traps)
Duck and jump with moving obstacles
Spoiler!
Imagine aJ's duck and jump on bananamuffin but if the walls/lasers were moving so people stop doing it based on muscle memory alone
Strafe clay pigeon
Spoiler!
Cannon/ladder last man standing
Spoiler!
Massive rock paper scissors
Spoiler!
Bumper cars/roadrage
Spoiler!
Imagine Ts have to go to a huge room by going down a ladder, every T asked to pick a vehicle but not start it before the countdown goes and let the massacre begin until we have one remaining. Make sure the Cts are looking down so they have an elevated position and the cars don't bug out like they do on flyhigh by going through walls and going to lower levels than intended.
Huge grenade game
Spoiler!
Diving board game (czone)
Spoiler!
Dynamic/improved laser dive
Spoiler!
Diving board square game
Spoiler!
Same as czone's diving board game but you land in a round square in the air (maybe from a huge fall) or an area (green teleporter)
MOST IMPORTANT ADDITION
Spoiler!
My name on the map!
I hope this list will help you, or any other mapper for that matter. As for layout, I like your layouts but I think you could focus on making navigating your maps easier especially with a very simple method, signs with direction arrows and text! Other than that don't forget crucial parts of a map, you know, cage, footballfield, trampolines/pools w/e.

Also, focus on making the large majority of maps, both in layout and games viable for a full server. (constant ~25 T)
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post (total 2):
Schlumpf, austria_wien
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Schlumpf

Post by Schlumpf »

Thanks for the great response so far!
I really like the unique ideas incoming!

@Razor
Even tho you posted only existing games, which you can see in a lot of other maps already, I appriciate your feedback.
Also it shows me, what ppl like the most and which games are popular, that's great.
PS.: Sorry for FKing you yesterday :(

@KO9
Unfortunately i can not imagine your described Layout. If you try to explain it a bit more in detail, you would help me out a lot.
Also your ladder games looks really funny and interesting. I will have a look since i can image it takes quite a few solid Enitties. But i already have an idea for that!
Added to the Ideas List.

@Shadi
Always loved your incredible extensively feedback you give here on nD.
Regarding your ideas, almost every single idea is super unique and still feasible.
I almost like every game you suggested, and by that i will add all Ideas to the Idea List, except for one game:

Bumper Cars

If you want to use this game for a large amount of ppl it takes A LOT of entities which are limited in Goldengine.
That's why i decided to not cosider these games to be added in the map.
Other than that i appriciate you hard work of researching and listing all these amazing ideas!

@ALL
Give some feedback and explain why some games might be a good idea and other don't!

Schlumpf-'
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Schlumpf misunderstood the idea behind my rock paper scissors game, in case you guys did as well here's a convo of me explaining some of it.
Spoiler!
12:22 - Shadi: as for rock paper scisccors, it just requires 3 buttons and 3 platforms and the 3 buttons will light up an area the rest of the CTs can see, the CTs could do the work --- so imagine a CT chooses an option, it lights up on the screen
12:22 - Shadi: Ts choose a platform trying to guess what lights up on the screen, while the CT talks on the mic trying to confuse them or have fun with them saying what htey picked/didnt pick
12:23 - Shadi: then after all Ts choose a platform, the ones who stand on the wrong ones die
12:23 - Schlumpf-': but all the t's have to decide what they pick individually
12:23 - Shadi: yes but it can be one huge platform
12:23 - Shadi: like true/false situations
12:23 - Schlumpf-': oh w8 ohhhhh
12:23 - Shadi: i think you misinterpreted my design
12:23 - Schlumpf-': let me think
12:23 - Schlumpf-': its possible this way but hard
12:24 - Shadi: it requires you to make an entire room for it
12:24 - Shadi: but it's a way to elimnate many Ts and it's new, so might be worth it if you find the room for it
12:24 - Schlumpf-': because you actually have to count them and then calculate which platform has more ppl standing on it
12:24 - Shadi: you dont have to count?
12:24 - Shadi: you just kill the ppl on the wrong platforms
12:24 - Shadi: so let's say CT picks rock, everyone standing on scisccor dies
12:24 - Schlumpf-': ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
12:24 - Schlumpf-': xD
12:25 - Schlumpf-': got it ! :D
12:25 - Schlumpf-': thats easy
12:25 - Schlumpf-': as
12:25 - Schlumpf-': fuck
12:25 - Schlumpf-': kk
12:25 - Shadi: yep, it wasnt meant to be hard xD
12:25 - Shadi: i'll copy paste this part of our convo? to clarify it for people that might wanna use the game as well
12:25 - Shadi: i guess my explanation was sloppy haha
12:26 - Schlumpf-': ok but one more important thing regarding this convo
12:26 - Schlumpf-': I AM THE BEST AHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHHAHHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHHAHAHAHA
12:27 - Schlumpf-': ok now u copy
12:27 - Shadi: LOL
12:27 - Shadi: ok
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
Schlumpf
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Schlumpf wrote:@KO9
Unfortunately i can not imagine your described Layout. If you try to explain it a bit more in detail, you would help me out a lot.
Also your ladder games looks really funny and interesting. I will have a look since i can image it takes quite a few solid Enitties. But i already have an idea for that!
Added to the Ideas List.
Something like this:

However, I've gotten motivation lately to try and make my own map again so I'm going to continue with that map^. I do have lots of other ideas of layouts of maps though. One of my maps was set inside a missile silo/bunker:
Spoiler!
austria_wien

Post by austria_wien »

Shadi wrote:Schlumpf misunderstood the idea behind my rock paper scissors game, in case you guys did as well here's a convo of me explaining some of it.
Spoiler!
12:22 - Shadi: as for rock paper scisccors, it just requires 3 buttons and 3 platforms and the 3 buttons will light up an area the rest of the CTs can see, the CTs could do the work --- so imagine a CT chooses an option, it lights up on the screen
12:22 - Shadi: Ts choose a platform trying to guess what lights up on the screen, while the CT talks on the mic trying to confuse them or have fun with them saying what htey picked/didnt pick
12:23 - Shadi: then after all Ts choose a platform, the ones who stand on the wrong ones die
12:23 - Schlumpf-': but all the t's have to decide what they pick individually
12:23 - Shadi: yes but it can be one huge platform
12:23 - Shadi: like true/false situations
12:23 - Schlumpf-': oh w8 ohhhhh
12:23 - Shadi: i think you misinterpreted my design
12:23 - Schlumpf-': let me think
12:23 - Schlumpf-': its possible this way but hard
12:24 - Shadi: it requires you to make an entire room for it
12:24 - Shadi: but it's a way to elimnate many Ts and it's new, so might be worth it if you find the room for it
12:24 - Schlumpf-': because you actually have to count them and then calculate which platform has more ppl standing on it
12:24 - Shadi: you dont have to count?
12:24 - Shadi: you just kill the ppl on the wrong platforms
12:24 - Shadi: so let's say CT picks rock, everyone standing on scisccor dies
12:24 - Schlumpf-': ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
12:24 - Schlumpf-': xD
12:25 - Schlumpf-': got it ! :D
12:25 - Schlumpf-': thats easy
12:25 - Schlumpf-': as
12:25 - Schlumpf-': fuck
12:25 - Schlumpf-': kk
12:25 - Shadi: yep, it wasnt meant to be hard xD
12:25 - Shadi: i'll copy paste this part of our convo? to clarify it for people that might wanna use the game as well
12:25 - Shadi: i guess my explanation was sloppy haha
12:26 - Schlumpf-': ok but one more important thing regarding this convo
12:26 - Schlumpf-': I AM THE BEST AHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHHAHHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHHAHAHAHA
12:27 - Schlumpf-': ok now u copy
12:27 - Shadi: LOL
12:27 - Shadi: ok
that was that what i understood:

:D

shadi nice input.
i have no games, but maybe it is a suggestion:
put games where it is possible "logical" next to each other.

just an example what i mean:
in my screen you have 6 surviors, so it would be fine, when the wipe out is next to the rps game. just to save time.
you don't "need" the trampoline game next to that because normally you do it with the "full" t team.
i hope you know what i mean and yes i know it isn't goin with many games.

i think that the time factor is a important factor, when we are playin and esp. when the server is full.

furthermore: i think it is rly sad, that many ppl don't want "new" games. leyawiin for example has many newer games but it isn't accepted by the players. also the map, where you can press the button (for example surf - yellow button) and a line appears in yellow color and leads you to the game. from this map i remembered the drum game.
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.
Schlumpf

Post by Schlumpf »

i think that the time factor is a important factor, when we are playin and esp. when the server is full.
That's true, i will try to remember that.

What name do you think is a good name for the map?

Schlumpf
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Schlumpf wrote:
That's true, i will try to remember that.

What name do you think is a good name for the map?

Schlumpf
That of course depends on the layout and theme of your map.
Razor8182

Post by Razor8182 »

The sliding game :
Mr Kutch

Post by Mr Kutch »

how about u make something new.....like an obstacle free fall game or what i like to call Death freefall.

soo here is the idea:

you make a pretty tall skyscraper, and make it hollow, and inside of it put like boxes in the air or make floors with holes, and make big gaps between the floors or boxes.

soo the goal of this is that a player has to jump from the roof and try to avoid the obstacles mid air....otherwise they die to fall dmg.

Not the best idea but hey im tryin :D

Return to “Mapping Trash”