Lien~

Re: Admin Meeting 09-08-2015

Post by Lien~ »

Jokur wrote:
KelveN wrote:How to be a nD member without the need of activity:

Be a girl

based on a true story
Truth has been spoken!
Both of you be quiet. The time where girls were favoured are WELL past due!! Luna and I worked our fucking asses off to be where we were/are. In addition.... cell, foxy, minna and girll had to prove their worth too. Yes, I agree that znoose got in a bit quick but who the fuck cares? If she does what has to be done and shows how to be a worthy member, then what's the point in complaining about it?!!!! So grow up and leave this shit be. If I see any nasty or provocative word regarding any of this, I'm going to handle it myself... and youse won't like it! Mark my words.

Post by 25142 »

AmeLien~ wrote:
Jokur wrote:

Be a girl

based on a true story
Truth has been spoken!
Both of you be quiet. The time where girls were favoured are WELL past due!! Luna and I worked our fucking asses off to be where we were/are. In addition.... cell, foxy, minna and girll had to prove their worth too. Yes, I agree that znoose got in a bit quick but who the fuck cares? If she does what has to be done and shows how to be a worthy member, then what's the point in complaining about it?!!!! So grow up and leave this shit be. If I see any nasty or provocative word regarding any of this, I'm going to handle it myself... and youse won't like it! Mark my words.
Lien I really find your language really rude and disrespectful, people are entitled to their own opinion - just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you can go attacking their opinion - they have a valid point to be fair ; I am not saying Snooze doesn't deserve it I believe she does - but I can see where they are coming from . As an admin you should lead by example, and I have seen a lot of this type of language also used ingame by you and I don't think it's acceptable considering you are in such a high position in this community.

I'd also like to add, that personally I really don't see the problem with a girl getting membership a lot easier than a guy, girls attract more players to be fair - and they tend to be more sensible ingame and work a lot harder to prove their membership.
These users thanked the author 25142 for the post (total 2):
Jellow, Путинтебяобстрелит
Raiz0

Post by Raiz0 »

25142 wrote:
AmeLien~ wrote:
Jokur wrote:

Be a girl

based on a true story
Truth has been spoken!
I'd also like to add, that personally I really don't see the problem with a girl getting membership a lot easier than a guy, girls attract more players to be fair - and they tend to be more sensible ingame and work a lot harder to prove their membership.
^ agree with you on this totally and yes honestly they do work a lot harder to prove that they are member worthy .
Antti

Post by Antti »

foxy forum mod lolpl0x gz :D
winland
Flath

Post by Flath »

25142 wrote:
AmeLien~ wrote:
Jokur wrote:

Be a girl

based on a true story
Truth has been spoken!
Lien I really find your language really rude and disrespectful, people are entitled to their own opinion - just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean you can go attacking their opinion - they have a valid point to be fair ; I am not saying Snooze doesn't deserve it I believe she does - but I can see where they are coming from . As an admin you should lead by example, and I have seen a lot of this type of language also used ingame by you and I don't think it's acceptable considering you are in such a high position in this community.

I think lien is kinda tired of nD and nD drama so she ends up with these type of answers.

uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

It is easier for girls to take positions of responsibility and it's quite simple why. You don't see women being as agressive as men, neither joking around with others, or overall being flameish and pushing others for lolz. Just that sort of behaviour, being natural in them, is a big step already.

Obviously most of the kids and testosterone-fueled brains around won't understand that and relate it to tits, grow up.
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

AmeLien~ wrote:If I see any nasty or provocative word regarding any of this, I'm going to handle it myself... and youse won't like it! Mark my words.
uhu wrote:Obviously most of the kids and testosterone-fueled brains around won't understand that and relate it to tits, grow up.
Put your money where your mouth is and show us how this insult will lead to something lien? This is absolutely the same as all other remarks you deem sexist, only its turned the other way around.
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

The whole girl thing in a community is getting old, yes they have to work twice as hard to prove themselves, generally because people are criticizing there position and actions simply because they are a girl and the people questioning it can't help but use the brains in their "tiny heads", all they can think about is boobs, so hey it must be the reason they made member.

Right..........

Wrong, it comes down to maturity and the fact that women mature faster than men, they also don't tend to think with their tits or other body part.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... aster-boys
These users thanked the author The Beard for the post (total 2):
Raiz0, Lien~
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Satanssoul wrote:The whole girl thing in a community is getting old, yes they have to work twice as hard to prove themselves, generally because people are criticizing there position and actions simply because they are a girl and the people questioning it can't help but use the brains in their "tiny heads", all they can think about is boobs, so hey it must be the reason they made member.

Right..........

Wrong, it comes down to maturity and the fact that women mature faster than men, they also don't tend to think with their tits or other body part.

You gotta mature extremely quick in order to make your first forum post your application and still get accepted.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Jellow wrote:
Satanssoul wrote:The whole girl thing in a community is getting old, yes they have to work twice as hard to prove themselves, generally because people are criticizing there position and actions simply because they are a girl and the people questioning it can't help but use the brains in their "tiny heads", all they can think about is boobs, so hey it must be the reason they made member.

Right..........

You gotta mature extremely quick in order to make your first forum post your application and still get accepted.
What are you trying to accomplish by ignoring every post explaining why, if you don't agree then that's where it's at. We agree to disagree.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Shadi wrote:
Jellow wrote:

Right..........

What are you trying to accomplish by ignoring every post explaining why, if you don't agree then that's where it's at. We agree to disagree.
Yes we do agree to disagree, but since every post above mine is about maturity I feel like I have to say something about it.

Accepting someone who made an application as the #1 post on the forums, showing low interaction on the forums during their application (eventough admins clearly stated they would like to see more) has absolutely nothing to do with you guys as a team posting stuff about maturity.

My grandma of 90 could apply and she is mature as fuck, still if she doesn't interact with the community, doesnt know the ins and outs about how this community functions its simply to soon to join. Since stuff like this happend before and 100% of these applcations have been declined, the only change between those and this application seems to be gender.

But ye, like all other times when you accepted a female application (I remember an application with 4 sentences in total that was absolutely the worst in the history of nd, it was actually so bad that it was rewritten after the person got accepted cuz i kept refering to it), let us (the 90% of the regulars who think admins are biased) and you agree to disagree.
Jokur

Post by Jokur »

Jellow wrote:
Shadi wrote:
Jellow wrote:

Right..........

Yes we do agree to disagree, but since every post above mine is about maturity I feel like I have to say something about it.

Accepting someone who made an application as the #1 post on the forums, showing low interaction on the forums during their application (eventough admins clearly stated they would like to see more) has absolutely nothing to do with you guys as a team posting stuff about maturity.

My grandma of 90 could apply and she is mature as fuck, still if she doesn't interact with the community, doesnt know the ins and outs about how this community functions its simply to soon to join. Since stuff like this happend before and 100% of these applcations have been declined, the only change between those and this application seems to be gender.

But ye, like all other times when you accepted a female application (I remember an application with 4 sentences in total that was absolutely the worst in the history of nd, it was actually so bad that it was rewritten after the person got accepted cuz i kept refering to it), let us (the 90% of the regulars who think admins are biased) and you agree to disagree.
Im buying my grandma a cs account .
Everything is okay at the end.If it's not okay,then it's not the end.
capitan pescanova

Post by capitan pescanova »

This issue is becoming very boring, everyone can have their own opinion on this issue, we should respect the opinions of others but it is true that you, the admins, give options to think the rest of the community what they say that if u are a girl u can have membership more easily.

Since this community recruit people how many people have been denied or extended because of the activity in the forums or reports? (even with more forum activity than her) I have no problems with Sn00se, with respect, I congratulate you and wish you luck in your trial, but what community means is that you have denied a lot of people for the same cons as Sn00se (and others cons that have not been said as the rule knowledge, she map voted yesterday in the midlle of a round in Jailbreak).

I know I have no right to say this because I'm also in my trial and I could also have been denied, and Sn00se I have no problem with you, I appreciate you and probably you will do a fantastic work as a member, better than me, but you admins, you have to respect the views from other people.
These users thanked the author capitan pescanova for the post:
Sn00se
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

Jellow, I can see where you are coming from with it being a first forum post and the usual responses to applications on a first post, a lot of those first post member applications are from totally unknown people or worse still little known people that have proven they have no understanding of the community or rule knowledge. However I said this next part in the past, in my mind a forum does not make a community, there was an nD and a community of people before the forums were even born, in some situations where there is a clear need for more members I see no reason why a person's in game contribution and interaction should not be taken into account and an assumption be made that the same could be expected within the forums as long as the forums are active enough to provide that opportunity.
Personally speaking my current in game activity is 0 so I can't really comment any further into that, but I would hope this is the basis on which the admin team made there decision.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Jellow wrote:Accepting someone who made an application as the #1 post on the forums, showing low interaction on the forums during their application (eventough admins clearly stated they would like to see more) has absolutely nothing to do with you guys as a team posting stuff about maturity.
Are we talking about sn00se, if so, online on forums/steam/in-game/chatbox every day, heck even TS nearly on a daily basis, a post every once in a while (1 a day or every second day, plenty) to post in topics you find relevant to yourself, ESPECIALLY nowadays where the forums had hardly been active until JB was revived.
Jellow wrote: My grandma of 90 could apply and she is mature as fuck, still if she doesn't interact with the community, doesnt know the ins and outs about how this community functions its simply to soon to join. Since stuff like this happend before and 100% of these applcations have been declined, the only change between those and this application seems to be gender.
Where was your complaining about rabbit, waffle, vdou when they got accepted with low posting activity? Oh wait, I almost forgot; they are boys. So obviously, the difference is they are qualified :facepalm:
If all this is about the fact that her first post was an application, and you wanna disregard every other thing she has done and can do for the community, be my guest lol - just surprises me that you of all people genuinely wanna say this.
Jellow wrote: But ye, like all other times when you accepted a female application (I remember an application with 4 sentences in total that was absolutely the worst in the history of nd, it was actually so bad that it was rewritten after the person got accepted cuz i kept refering to it), let us (the 90% of the regulars who think admins are biased) and you agree to disagree.
I am letting you agree to disagree, which is why I'm confused why you keep going on and on and on, it's getting so tedious.

You raise a lot of good points, but recently you raise them just to fish for reactions, whereas in the past it actually felt like you had genuine concerns. Do you even play nowadays to actually judge people's performance? Most likely not.

I am not saying females haven't been let in easier in the past - as a matter of fact I think they have, and I said this in public even when I was an admin iirc. However, snoose is not a similar case.

You pick qualified people, magnify 1 or 2 con, declare that it should be enough to get declined for. With no knowledge of the rest of the qualifications, or even disadvantages.
capitan pescanova wrote:This issue is becoming very boring, everyone can have their own opinion on this issue, we should respect the opinions of others but it is true that you, the admins, give options to think the rest of the community what they say that if u are a girl u can have membership more easily.
Nothing you're saying is wrong capitan, however, I really don't think they are thinking. I encourage people think and come up with good arguments, they have no arguments. No matter how many pros I throw out there they're still going to say "lol 1st post is application" so what can I do other than think it's stupid.
capitan pescanova wrote: Since this community recruit people how many people have been denied or extended because of the activity in the forums or reports? (even with more forum activity than her) I have no problems with Sn00se, with respect, I congratulate you and wish you luck in your trial, but what community means is that you have denied a lot of people for the same cons as Sn00se
Okay, fine, show me a few cases where someone with her in-game activity and qualifications got turned down because forum activity lacked.
capitan pescanova wrote: I know I have no right to say this because I'm also in my trial and I could also have been denied, and Sn00se I have no problem with you, I appreciate you and probably you will do a fantastic work as a member, better than me, but you admins, you have to respect the views from other people.
You have every right to think and say what you want; in fact I appreciate this post of yours capitan - because you are telling your opinion and that's excellent. The problem is when it's said repeatedly and repeating the one same con disregarding everything else, making people look like idiots for thinking something else than themselves.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Old News”