Why is JB loosing its player base......

Moderator: J4ck

bis

Re: Why is JB loosing its player base......

Post by bis »

LeoSteel wrote:The 10 hour system works
this right here made me skip your post as you clearly have no experience with new players whatsoever, the 10 hour system does not work at all, it is terrible and hardly ever works unless the player is of a mature age or can grasp the gameplay fairly quickly. the majority of new players i see who join the server and after a day or two of playing they join ct and start freekilling due to lack of rule knowledge either related to games (simon mostly) or days. i spoke about it in private one time but increasing it would cause players to leave the server as waiting 24 hours to join the ct team is ridiculous however it would solve the issue of new players freekilling and providing terrible commanders due to the large amount of gameplay they would have to commit to in order to become a ct.

my 2349 trillion nigerian dollars
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

freeda_khala wrote:
this right here made me skip your post as you clearly have no experience with new players whatsoever, the 10 hour system does not work at all, it is terrible and hardly ever works unless the player is of a mature age or can grasp the gameplay fairly quickly. the majority of new players i see who join the server and after a day or two of playing they join ct and start freekilling due to lack of rule knowledge either related to games (simon mostly) or days. i spoke about it in private one time but increasing it would cause players to leave the server as waiting 24 hours to join the ct team is ridiculous however it would solve the issue of new players freekilling and providing terrible commanders due to the large amount of gameplay they would have to commit to in order to become a ct.
well it prevents people from no idea how JB works at all (don't kill Ts without a reason blabla) and very marginal knowledge but at least some.
freeda_khala wrote: my 2349 trillion nigerian dollars
so is that 2 cents?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
LeoSteel

Post by LeoSteel »

freeda_khala wrote:
this right here made me skip your post
Maybe if you did read on rather than let your attitude get you out the game so early you might have noticed how i said it works, but not well enough and needs updating...

Maybe try harder next time :)

Leo :dance:
todide

Post by todide »

after reading this whole topic ive noticed various reason to why a lot of players are starting to decline the Jb server. there's a lot of reasons to why this is happening but there are a few reasons which stand out more than others for example, the inactivity of the 'upper ranks', the constant let down of young commanders by the Ts and the attitude players have
These are not all the reason but they are the main in my opinion and ill address them all one by one.

1)the inactivity of the admins and the member is horrible. Dont get me wrong, admins have a lot of work to do behind the scenes however in my opinion i think they are focusing too much behind the 'curtains' and too little in front of them. ive the chance to 'see' the hard work that the admins do so they have a somehow excuse to just how busy they are however what about the members? the inactivity of the member it terrible and the evidence is this exact topic, no jailbreak member (sorry if u have) has commented on this topic, this shows how much they care in helping the server in it's 'up-rise' i also dont know if anyone has noticed but some members before they are members work hard to become worthy of the tittle 'member' but after they attain that they lose focus of their job and some of them even become inactive.

2) the attitude in the server is something that really concerns everyone. the negativity the server has is a let down. People like East clubber and Agent Smith are people who kept their attitude positive and neutralised the negativity in the server. they were the 'positive' in the attitude. i remember once East clubber organised a random event last minute which was me vs bixsit in a rap battle, the server was full and people were still trying to join however is didnt happen but even though it didnt happen the server maintained full for 3 or 4 more hours. this just shows how simple little fun things affects the server. No offence but this is the kind of things admin should be doing once in a while otherwise like we can see now the server will be really dull and it will have no one. this is something regulars and members cant do without the help of an admin.

3) i am now 16 and i have been playing in this community since i was 10 or 11. ive experienced people talking 'shit' about me due to my high pitched voice so i know how young commanders feel. when i was younger and i was given negative comments, members and admins like Spato East Clubber and Lien backed me up against the negative comments and it is because of them that i am a good player and i was able to ignore the 'hate'. this is what the community kind of lacks now, the positiveness and the interacting of the members and admins in the actual game.

in conclusion i think that the admins should focus more in front of the curtains and less behind. i also think the the jbshop weapons is a good idea (someone already mentioned it), it would be harder to attack and rebel and it makes the players interact more which is technically what jailbreak is all about. In my opinion the main reason of the downfall in players in the Jb server is due to the attitude everyone has so that should be discussed between members AND admins. in the future i also think that the admins should recruit members not just because they know the rules and have a good attitude while working towards the membership trait but admins should also recruit people by their attitude AFTER becoming members otherwise they will become inactive.

sorry if this doesnt make too much sense, i had written another message but it didnt send so yep, if u guys have any questions baout what i wrote ask me and ill explain in more detail
emeNt

Post by emeNt »

riperino jb
Flath

Post by Flath »

I don't see how jbshop makes people work as a team, i agree with toxic on this one, but the fact we are all poor as fuck kinda balance everything.

todide

Post by todide »

Flath wrote:I don't see how jbshop makes people work as a team, i agree with toxic on this one, but the fact we are all poor as fuck kinda balance everything.
What i mean by jbshop is the fact that, weapons should be removed or there should be a limited amount of times you can buy a weapon per map (not lethal weapons like grenades) so rebelling would have to be a more strategic attack meaning communication would have to take place. interaction is really what we also need in the Jb server, whether it be admins, members or even regulars.
These users thanked the author todide for the post:
Kwaakt
LeoSteel

Post by LeoSteel »

I think another reason is absolute bs games like saw game, retarded saw game and most cage games. It makes me immediately want to leave when people do not use the map that is there and do shit things like simon says just to kill loads of people for money and talent days.

I understand that a couple of maps are limited, but damn people do some shit things.

Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

todide wrote:
Flath wrote:I don't see how jbshop makes people work as a team, i agree with toxic on this one, but the fact we are all poor as fuck kinda balance everything.
What i mean by jbshop is the fact that, weapons should be removed or there should be a limited amount of times you can buy a weapon per map (not lethal weapons like grenades) so rebelling would have to be a more strategic attack meaning communication would have to take place. interaction is really what we also need in the Jb server, whether it be admins, members or even regulars.
I think the prices could do with a bit of a rise really. It has been a while since they were last increased and there are quite a few rich people now.
LeoSteel wrote:I think another reason is absolute bs games like saw game, retarded saw game and most cage games. It makes me immediately want to leave when people do not use the map that is there and do shit things like simon says just to kill loads of people for money and talent days.

I understand that a couple of maps are limited, but damn people do some shit things.

I don't really see a problem with the odd saw game/cage game. The key to keeping things interesting is variety. As long as it's not every day saw game or every other day (like once, max twice per map is a good balance) then I don't see a problem. Personally I also quite like saw game and I'm sure that I cannot be alone there.
These users thanked the author Konijn for the post:
k1ngfoxxy
Haffish

Post by Haffish »

The thing is, the jailbreak server is getting new players, but we dont get to keep them since people are so god damn butthurt, like please. Stop taking everything so seriously. People that are new, needs to be informed about the rules and in a good way, not like flaming them which many of our "regulars" do, it doesnt provide a good vibe in the server and the focus goes on the new player which includes him or she not playing in the jailbreak server anymore, and please. STOP reporting new players for freekilling and harrassment (ofcourse if it's over the limit you should report but show some mercy). Because they don't get the hang of the gameplay in 1-2 days. You need longer than that to learn new rules and a whole new gameplay, that's what I've seen atleast, cuz the admins doesnt really have a choice if they see a demo of harrasses and freekilling, they need to give a punishment, so it's really up to the regulars about the new players.
my dad go iraq never come back boom boom ? yes !
Antti

Post by Antti »

all older people who had played jb in the past find it boring nowadays and all the newer guys skip 1.6 and go straigth to play CS:GO that might be the main reason. "losing" player base has nothing to do with members or admins. There is just better things to play than 1.6 jailbreak nowadays
winland

Post by 25142 »

It's losing it's player base because people got older and lost interest in it - I loved playing JailBreak when there were good commanders ; commanders who had authority and knew what they were doing - recently when I played ; it was like every commander sounded the same , done the same games and it was just so boring ...

I used to command as much as I could , and I loved commanding for an appreciative Terrorist team ; or with people alongside me that were good CT's .. but why am I going to command for some 12 year old kids who just whine after everything .. just seemed pointless
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

25142 wrote:It's losing it's player base because people got older and lost interest in it - I loved playing JailBreak when there were good commanders ; commanders who had authority and knew what they were doing - recently when I played ; it was like every commander sounded the same , done the same games and it was just so boring ...

I used to command as much as I could , and I loved commanding for an appreciative Terrorist team ; or with people alongside me that were good CT's .. but why am I going to command for some 12 year old kids who just whine after everything .. just seemed pointless
True dat yo.
1.6 is also getting less fun, only play deathrun when friends invite me pretty much...
JB in CS:GO is clearly not working.
Intrest servers such as the minigames was a good option, surf or some other special mods would be cool too.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
INTJ

Post by INTJ »

- Administration of the server is a failure ( Inactivity , injustice ) Let's not mention that injustice itself can destroy a well maintained JB server ( since it's the essence of the mod )

- Huge difference between the rules written and the rules applied ; Members applying non existent rules . In favor of the Ts or the CTs depending on the member team . ( Such as forbidding cell days because the Ts failed rebelling while there is no rule stating that cells days aren't allowed ) .

- Failed shop menu ( I would quit the game if i make a successful cage day then get a headshot from a T with a deagle who spent all the day playing Deathrun gathering points ) .

- VIP system ( I once tried to do a cell day , at my surprise i found a person waiting on the black and yellow line near the cells " after that he used his noclip " , and at my surprise again he killed me with the Mac from the cell ).

- I would suggest to lock the CT team and ask for permission to transfer ; i won't criticize the current method because i haven't got a better experience with it yet .

At my opinion and advice , the simple the best . Remove the useless plugins , make it more simple to get closer to the original game mod .
Open door for the non steam players , at least periodically to regain the population . And a big clean up for inactive admins ; Finally an update to the rules .

PS : It has nothing to do with the mod age or the game itself , Other communities have their JB servers almost full at all time . Either English , Spanish , German , Arabic , French i rarely saw an empty JB server whom is majorly due to bad management .
These users thanked the author INTJ for the post (total 2):
Raiz0, infectedsushi
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

INTJ wrote: - Huge difference between the rules written and the rules applied ; Members applying non existent rules . In favor of the Ts or the CTs depending on the member team . ( Such as forbidding cell days because the Ts failed rebelling while there is no rule stating that cells days aren't allowed ) .
http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?p=87359#p87359 list of common days wrote: Cell day
Conditions:
- CT's need to have lost 3 rounds in a row in order for a cell-day to be allowed.

The CT’s announce the cell day which means that after the cells open the t’s have 5 seconds to get to the cell of their choosing. After these 5 seconds the T’s will not be allowed to leave their cell until the commander ends the day.
Since this is a game and not a day, when a T does leave his/her cell the CT must warn before they kill the T.

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”