Why is JB loosing its player base......

Moderator: J4ck

aNNeh

Re: Why is JB loosing its player base......

Post by aNNeh »

Same doe, they shall all be treatened the same way, strict or not at all. (but not too strict, ples o no)
Spoiler!

Flath

Post by Flath »

anni h wrote:Same doe, they shall all be treatened the same way, strict or not at all. (but not too strict, ples o no)

Well, i guess you have your opinion and i have mine but its fine you know, we can still all be friends.

Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

If people are leaving when you try to moderate, then you're doing something wrong and you should really try to understand what actually made them leave.

There are many ways to tell people what they are doing is against the rules and depending on the circumstances you should pick the most appropriate. If there aren't many people on the server and they are freekilling and such then you should try to be subtle with them and suggest ways to improve their behaviour and not be so heavy handed as you might be if the server were more populated and it was of more importance that the issue was resolved quicker.
R1CKY[JJ]

Post by R1CKY[JJ] »

Konijn wrote:If people are leaving when you try to moderate, then you're doing something wrong and you should really try to understand what actually made them leave.
I understand what you're saying but the level of acceptance is zero. Just like I said, on every single decision CT's made there will be a (mostly a negative) response. CT's makes a mistake (not on purpose) --> T instantly respond in a negative way --> CT's respond --> and so on. When people (T's) just accepting a bit more, and react in a normal, mature way and don't cry on every game, decision or mistake made by the CT team it would be a lot nicer. But it seems like a utopia.
"Gisteren is gisteren, vandaag is vandaag"
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

When admins such as East and Laprot used to play people wanted to join, they created the fun in the server.

Right now there are no admins that have that kind of charisma. We have konijn working his butt off to make things happen but the rest of them don't interact with the community (unless ur a girl, then u get tons off attention from a couple of em). The fact that konijn is the only admin that posted in this thread after 2 weeks shows that what im saying is true.

Since you want to keep this a serious topic satan, can I request you post the total playtime of admins in the past month? Across all server? I assume you still have admin powers?
These users thanked the author Jellow for the post (total 2):
Путинтебяобстрелит, Rumey_
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

Jellow even if I could its not something that would be done for any player.....

This has turned into a bit of a debate about activity which wasnt my intention, I do not believe the demise of JB is due soley to admin activity although a lack of action does feature heavily.

The largest issue I see being mentioned is boring commanders and bad ct teams, closely followed by a lack new maps and bugs/crashes.

I'll deal with the admin side first.
Scanning through the forums I see a fair few things have been altered as far as JB , starting back in decemeber JB underwent a clean up with a lot of coding to smooth things out and improve the servers stabillity, on top of that I see a fair few posts from both KO9 and regit detailing bugs and glitches in code that they have sorted and plugins that they have added.

Admin get demotivated for the same reason as players and members, even when they are doing something half the time it doesnt get noticed and they then get to read on the forums how they are doing nothing, in all honesty it makes them think whats the point..

I see a lot of people calling for new admin and yes I think some fresh active admin would be of use, but honestly right now who to recruit, back when I was last active there were a few members that I believed could have made it with guidance, few admin agreed with me though, but as things are now is there anyone thats able to take that role? This brings me to another point, Nd doesnt really need "game admins" what is missing is admins with access to servers, that know what they are doing within the server structure so that they can run map tests and implement plugins, a game admin is in the same posisition as the members often left begging for something to be done or implemented as the bigger more fun to code plugins take precident, the smaller less fun stuff is added to the end of a long list that is ever growing with "higher priority" stuff.

Ok maps and game play.
Jellow, east and laprot pulled in the crowds even before they were members, its because of the type of person they were and one of the reasons they were recruited and made it to where they were, sadly that type of person is a rare occurance today. The answer though is not admin playing the game, the answer is people playing the game and being given the chance to learn. For all those that have complained about boring rounds and poor commanding, why dont you take over and show them how its done? teach them how to do it and be the role model that is needed. If someone is new and trying to command but people are taking the piss for whatever reason then stand up and back up that player, help them and give them advise, Same goes for the T reaction to accidental free kills, stand up explain it, back up the action and tell them to calm down, each and everyone of you can effect the atmosphere and help pull it back around. To give an example, just after sloths happy hour there was a young lad that decided to try command i'll admit offering 400 jb cash as a prize was funny but the kid wanted to try, to get involved and have a go, he was met with people taking the piss out of his voice simply because he was young, he wasnt really given the chance o try and his commanding fell to shit, next I saw of him he was on the T team, If you want new commanders and new games then you really need to support those who are new to it as they are the ones who will bring in new ideas.

As for new maps, will they really make a difference if the same games are played with the same poor ct teams and the same atmosphere?

On the subject of atmosphere.. Tolerance to trolling and shit attitudes is on the admin team, somewhere along the way they went soft for fear of loosing a regular or ex member that turned troll, I'm with Kami on this one and warned the same thing, end result is you loose your players and are left with the die hard jb'ers and the trolls with a shit atmosphere, its often mentioned that the members dont know how to deal with them, but the truth is while we can say there is a way in place to deal with them the members never saw any action for their reports and concerns as the admin team didnt really step up and take note of it, so the members would try, they would talk to admin, they would moderate in game and become the subject of the trolls attention, so yes this leaves the members in a posistion with no way of dealing with it, through the system it results in countless warnings that lead no where and the member becomes the target loosing motivation and not having any fun. Wether there is a system in place or not isnt the point, you have to look at if that current system is working, if its not then it needs to be altered.
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

Satanssoul wrote: I see a lot of people calling for new admin and yes I think some fresh active admin would be of use, but honestly right now who to recruit, back when I was last active there were a few members that I believed could have made it with guidance, few admin agreed with me though, but as things are now is there anyone thats able to take that role? This brings me to another point, Nd doesnt really need "game admins" what is missing is admins with access to servers, that know what they are doing within the server structure so that they can run map tests and implement plugins, a game admin is in the same posisition as the members often left begging for something to be done or implemented as the bigger more fun to code plugins take precident, the smaller less fun stuff is added to the end of a long list that is ever growing with "higher priority" stuff.
Im the man for the job, recruit.
These users thanked the author KING SNEL for the post:
Thorri
Edo ツ

Post by Edo ツ »

Inb4 Shadi replies with bunch of quotes
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

it doesn't need an ingame admin but surely it'd be nice to have someone like east do what east used to do, although i wouldnt say that's the most critical department atm - most of it is tedious forum work and an overall PR.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
aNNeh

Post by aNNeh »

Satanssoul wrote:For all those that have complained about boring rounds and poor commanding, why dont you take over and show them how its done?
I do my best with that, there are a few new players that still decided to stay no matter what, I try building them up more, as trollish as it sounds, you might not believe me.
Satanssoul wrote:On the subject of atmosphere.. Tolerance to trolling and shit attitudes is on the admin team, somewhere along the way they went soft for fear of loosing a regular or ex member that turned troll, I'm with Kami on this one and warned the same thing, end result is you loose your players and are left with the die hard jb'ers and the trolls with a shit atmosphere, its often mentioned that the members dont know how to deal with them, but the truth is while we can say there is a way in place to deal with them the members never saw any action for their reports and concerns as the admin team didnt really step up and take note of it, so the members would try, they would talk to admin, they would moderate in game and become the subject of the trolls attention, so yes this leaves the members in a posistion with no way of dealing with it, through the system it results in countless warnings that lead no where and the member becomes the target loosing motivation and not having any fun.
I no understand, troll is gud? I'm not a prof. but.. I would say.. Der are maany many different ways of how to troll, and der are so many gud ways (y), You only see tha bad one, 'cause that might be the only known one under the name troll, aye?
Spoiler!

Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

anni h wrote:I no understand, troll is gud? I'm not a prof. but.. I would say.. Der are maany many different ways of how to troll, and der are so many gud ways (y), You only see tha bad one, 'cause that might be the only known one under the name troll, aye?
Trolling, by definition, is to be provocative/abusive/harrassive with the intent to cause maximum disruption or to evoke a negative response for the purpose of ones own amusement.

Let us not confuse trolling with banter or joking around/having fun.
These users thanked the author Konijn for the post:
The Beard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

because ive been freekilling everyone for the past 2 months without any action taken against me :trollface:
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

Brooklyn wrote:because ive been freekilling everyone for the past 2 months without any action taken against me :trollface:
In all seriousness can I ask why?
aNNeh

Post by aNNeh »

UrbanDictionary wrote:Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
Okey, but.. hey, I can?
Spoiler!

Playboy

Post by Playboy »

anni h wrote:
UrbanDictionary wrote:Being a prick on the internet because you can. Typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on an innocent by-stander, because it's the internet and, hey, you can.
Okey, but.. hey, I can?
You are replying to a dictionary on a different forum. 11/10

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”