Why is JB loosing its player base......

Moderator: J4ck

The Beard

Why is JB loosing its player base......

Post by The Beard »

Ok so rather than keep posting in the news section I thought I'd ask this one here, JB has slowly been loosing its player base so my question is why do you believe it is loosing its attraction?

Are you all just bored of it? I know the obvious answer will be no new players or no good commanders but as the players and the regulars why do you believe this is happening, why do people not command or stick around?

serious answers please guys n gals.
doeda
VIP

Re: Why is JB loosing its player base......

Post by doeda »

Tbh I think the moderation of the nD team isn't good enough there has been to many freekilling, trolling and playing around in the CT team, I rarely saw a member online and the ones online rarely moderated correctly in my eyes. The micspamming, the same games, the same maps all are one of the reasons jb isn't FUN anymore.
I think you had to step up and be more strict about the playing around but be fun at the same time for exemple a bit more /fundays but they mostly bug so yeah that's another reason. Just too many to sum up everything has changed within the server.
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

• Worse CT teams
  • Quality and motivation and quantity of members dropping, which is the reason we have a lot of the other problems
  • Bugs like LR sometimes not working
  • Only a few good maps, lack of variety
  • Game and mod is getting old
  • Lack of activity/events
  • Slow/no answers from the staff about suggestions, such as maps/development/plugins
  • Trolls that are not dealt with (properly)
  • Repetitive/limited gameplay. I recall the game being really fun and interesting, but I've literally done everything you can on JB many times over. You need insane imagination to come up with really original ideas unless you're a mapper and even then.
  • Newer versions of the same game are more appealing to newer playerbase and even some of our own (CS:S/CS:GO)
  • Still a few crashes from what I've heard? At least we have mitigated these, it was long overdue but better late than never.
  • Admin team doesn't play as much as it used to supervise and observe players as they used to.

By motivation of players dropping, that means our members and potential members same - these issues come partly from CS itself but also other factors like the admin team.

I'm sure there's more but I think most of the reasons are in here?
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
Rojo
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
apapaoemama

Post by apapaoemama »

because 1.6 is dead riperino, improve ur global offensive servers if u wanna keep the communtiy alive
Flath

Post by Flath »

Let's just say the bare truth and not beat around the bush, we got a real issue concerning the admin team. I mean comon, except ko9 and evil homer, the rest isn't active enough to be called "admins" no matter what they have done for this community in the past.

I'm not trying to stab you in the back guys but ACTIVITY and MOTIVATION is a real issue here. I feel like you lack the motivation and hardwork to change things in here, maybe i'm wrong but it certainly feels to me that unless something is done there, all those discussions are pointless.

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Sloth ツ wrote:I do think that kicking a few members, and getting new ones would work (if people takes time to apply) and updating the admin team with some new people.
Names, reasons? If you don't wanna say here, PM the admin team.
Sloth ツ wrote: Also a tip to all the players out there: If you wanna play a little jb with 10-15 people then take the initiative to join the server and just wait for the server so fill up. The last few days we have had some successful plays because everyone invited friends over to the server!
It's a boring process but it's true.
Flath wrote:Let's just say the bare truth and not beat around the bush, we got a real issue concerning the admin team. I mean comon, except ko9 and evil homer, the rest isn't active enough to be called "admins" no matter what they have done for this community in the past.
Depends on what kind of activity you mean, M.A still deals with reports from what I've seen. Pukata still codes/looks at finances and stats and updates that often - often posts better alternatives in admin private.
Flath wrote: I'm not trying to stab you in the back guys but ACTIVITY and MOTIVATION is a real issue here. I feel like you lack the motivation and hardwork to change things in here, maybe i'm wrong but it certainly feels to me that unless something is done there, all those discussions are pointless.
Yep.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Edo ツ

Post by Edo ツ »

I think the real question you should be asking yourself is why people actually aren't leaving it lol. It simply just gets boring overall, nothing to gain in it whatsoever.
These users thanked the author Edo ツ for the post:
el mano
Flath

Post by Flath »

Sloth ツ wrote:Hmm well you have members like Rabbit who hasnt been around for a time, and i think that Kwaakt deserves a promotion to the admin team, and i know people agree with me.
Lets not point fingers but on one hand, i dont think kwaakt is active enough to be promoted for admin let along for keeping his current member position..(no hard feelings man :oops: ) Rabbit did warn about some exams in this period if i recall correctly. Anyway, lets not point fingers too much and make this a ww game deciding who has to be lynched next round :D

@Shadi : Like i told you on steam, i think admins only do their monthly routine dealing with all the reports one time in a month, fixing some bugs and even if i understand it's really hard and time consuming. We need some real daily work on the servers which isn't the case leading to some parts of the forums getting completely ignored for several months since admins are just accumulating work and they can only handle half of it, in other word, the ban section, recruitement section and bug topics.

I think nD doesn't have the attention it deserves from admins due to irl stuffs or a lack of motivation maybe cause let's be honest, most of you admins don't really play on the servers anymore but since you put so much energy in making nD a better place, you don't feel like quitting either cause the main question is: Who is going to take my place if i leave ?

KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

does this community even have trolls
OT: Shadi pretty much said it all.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

I pretty much agree with Shadi. In my honest opinion? It's a mixture of events. Regarding me personally? I'll be very honest here.

I used to do every single thing you could imagine (apart from the coding side of things) and I felt like I wasn't being appreciated for my hard work. On one hand I had people telling me how much of an awful strict person I was, where I knew and had seen myself that there were much stricter admins/members out there. It was very demotivating. On the other hand people said I wasn't doing enough, but had no clue of the hundreds and hundreds of reports I was handling behind the scene. In the middle I had admins pulling one side of me, expecting me to do things (or maybe this is my feeling as I felt as though not a lot got handled if it weren't for me), and members pulling on the other side: coming to me for help, advice etc etc. I have been here for everyone from the word-go but have been pushed around too many times. Call it emotional, I don't care. The fact that I have spent and dedicated such an incredible amount of hours to keep this community up and running, yet was never talked to that way was a very hard thing for me to deal with.

Then, the fact I started a new job last year, pretty much half a year after I got promoted to admin (which on it's own brought a lot of discrepancies), didn't contribute to the whole situation either. I seriously tried to make time to get things done but the more I realized that whatever I was doing felt like it wasn't good enough, the more I thought 'fuck it'. In addition, and not to guilt-trip... but there have been people sucking up such an incredibly high amount of time due me helping them on another level than in-game related issues.. that I have really had to step back or else it would've consumed me.

Either way. I believe that it is down to pretty much everything Shadi has summed up as well as for people lacking to see the core problem of it all. Which is the admin team. Anyhow, I've said what I wanted to say. Might reply if someone reacts directly to this post but other than that.. I have to get ready for work again :/

Oh, and also;
Flath wrote:I mean comon, except ko9 and evil homer, the rest isn't active enough to be called "admins" no matter what they have done for this community in the past.
Thanks dude! Even though you couldn't have known as you have no insight in activity-numbers, and I don't blame you. But, I am still the most active admin out there (game-wise). M.A handles the reports -he is pretty much forced to as I don't do them nomore, which I am sorry for-, with the help of some members. So your logic is flawed. Not that it matters though, because this reply will be bashed anyway, as per usual ;)
Kogi

Post by Kogi »

Its not only jailbreak that is dying, its whole 1.6. People move on into CSGO.
Spoiler!
Image CS 1.6 playerbase
Spoiler!
Image CSGO
Or people are just basically tired of jailbreak when they have already wasted hundreds of hours into it, there is nothing really new to do.

If you are really desperate to get players back in, maybe you should let non-steams enter the server. Though i have no idea if its worth it.

Just my thoughts.
Modz

Post by Modz »

ok so... alot of steamers just turned into csgo, non-steamers still playing it.
Make new servers on other games.. for example, garry's mod ( for who doesn't know it it's actually mods and stuff, lot of people play it )
or just improve csgo servers, improving cs 1.6 servers now is useless.
also, alot of guys in nD just left, normal players, members, admins.
R1CKY[JJ]

Post by R1CKY[JJ] »

Kogi wrote:Its not only jailbreak that is dying, its whole 1.6. People move on into CSGO.
Spoiler!
Image CS 1.6 playerbase
Getting tired of this. Compare April 2014 with April 2015. Same patern. What do you mean dying? Just because the last 30 days werent that good? The first 3 months of 2015 were the best 3 months in a year. I still believe a lot of players are interested in JB, and cs 1.6. In this case I think Flath is right. It's all about the motivation. Do we really want to continue this way or try different things? So many suggestions barely get answered. It's so demotivating when regulars, members come up with good ideas and barely get answered. I'm not talking about JB in particular now, but nD in general. There is just a lack of variation, trying new things and really trying to improve. Maybe a lot of players lost interest. But I don't know, it seems like everyone is just accepting it. Maybe I'm wrong and the JB mod just had his best time, can't really judge about that cause i'm not active in JB. Anyway, I really appreciate the effort the adminteam stick into nD, but I think Flath is right on this one.
"Gisteren is gisteren, vandaag is vandaag"
mange2

Post by mange2 »

give up on 1.6 and focus on the GO servers, if you want new players to join the community focus on the game that is growing and not the one that is declining.
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Lol. Cs go is barely an option imo, the csgo jb server needs soooo much coding and some plugins, cause it's still raw and uncomfortable to play in, and I don't think anyone is willing to put so much time and effort into it. And let's say we get that sorted, who the hell is gonna play? The majority of people that play csgo, play competitive or casual, dm and whatever other official mods there are. I'm not saying to NOT invest in csgo, I'm just saying that it's highly unlikely it will happen. And just because you got bored and don't play 1.6 anymore, it doesn't mean it is dead.

Now, I'll also be honest and just speak my mind. In regards to the nD team, members and admins.. Yes, I agree with you Sloth, there are quite a few inactive members at the moment, and Flath, he hasn't been pointing fingers at anyone by saying Rabbit is inactive, he answered Shadi's question ;). We are discussing here, not blaming anybody. As for the admin team, as far as I'm concerned, Lien's been quite active in game lately, together with Konijn, M.A and Pukata that are also doing their jobs (i.e dealing with reports and technical stuff), but the rest? What about uhu that doesn't even have cs installed as I heard? Sorry if I come across as harsh, I don't mean to offend anyone, but seriously now, for how longer will we be beating around the bush, as Flath said..?? We have a handful of inactive members and admins. So what's the solution then? Kick them for inactivity? Where will that get us? We barely have any active regulars that could be considered for member, and in my opinion, none of the current members are suitable for promotion to the admin team. The only one that would be somewhat ready for it is perhaps Kwaakt, but let's face it, he's barely shown any interest in 1.6 lately, and the last thing we need is another inactive admin, we have enough of those. MY POINT is that we're currently STUCK. So the only way to make it work, is for the admins to start showing some respect to their position and to the community, and get their ass back in game.

In regards to JB... The gameplay couldn't be anymore boring lately to be honest, everyday it's cage day, every fucking game there's a bloody simon says, people barely rebel, but if the commander is finally trying to do an interesting day or something fun, that's when they decide to rebel -_-. Whenever I decide to go to JB, and stay there for a while, hoping people would join when they see a member in, and not only that, but also because there's been a lot of freekilling/teamkilling from people that either don't know the rules very well, or couldn't give less of a shit about them... I can't stay for long. Not because I actually can't, but because I really don't want to. And not to mention the constant whiners "omg he freekilled me, ban admin, ban". I've lost count of how many times I've been called in a server with 3 people in, because of freekilling. I'm trying to be there for that as much as I can. But I just get repulsed by the horrible commanders and the same boring days. In order to get JB going again, a lot of imagination is needed, because the gameplay is already really old.. Adding more rules like Sloth said with limited simon says per map will do no good, we already have a shitton of rules.

Not to mention, when a new commander comes in and tries to do a relatively new game, people go like "is that allowed?" "Oh, we don't do that here". It's time we got out of our little gray box and start to accept new people, and new games, without worrying so much about every little rule. That doesn't mean that we can now go around and about breaking the rules to make it fun and interesting, but rather start to be a bit more permissive so to speak.

That's pretty much what I had on my mind and my heart, in regards to nD.
These users thanked the author k1ngfoxxy for the post:
Rumey_
big d energy

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”