Our reasoning for requesting demotion is twofold:
- Hater has been generally unavailable recently due to real life, even afking out of a game he was hosting recently. While we encourage him to have his priorities straight and deal with real life issues over internet ones, we need Permamods that can be reached regularly. Until his activity improves, we would like to remove him from his role here.
- Several months ago, Hater's behavior was very unbecoming of a Permamod. Rather than demoting him, Shadi and I worked with him to draft and agree to a resolution that would define how he was to behave going forward. A copy of the document is quoted below for your review. It is our opinion that Hater violated the clause about host badgering during MMage's game - both when he created his role and when he misunderstood my role (the Information Expert). We have tried to resolve the issue and allow him to speak with us to tell us his side of the story, but he has been unavailable for any length of time when Shadi and I were online (which is a large portion of the day) for the last month or so.
Rainboy wrote:This thread documents the agreement reached in regards to Hater.
First off, a list of your charges (in order of both scope and importance to me):
Now, the terms:
- You share private hosting or Permamod related information related to disputes, causing drama and showing disrespect to the person you have a dispute with.
- You badger hosts when they don't give you answers you like and when you think you have a logical basis for arguing otherwise, showing disrespect to the host who is giving of their time to make sure the game runs smoothly.
- You personally attack players in game for no reason but to rile them up to gain information, showing disrespect to the other players.
- You unconditionally promise to fix charge one and two. Namely, you will refrain from bringing private matters out in public and from sharing them with unrelated people, and you will refrain from badgering hosts. As a Permamod, it is not usually wrong for me to be aware of issues in the community, so you are free to discuss problems with me and have no excuse to violate this. In the event it deals with game related information and I am still alive, I advise you to use extreme caution.
- I will leave charge three to you to decide how to proceed, but I reserve the right to bring this up again if it reaches unacceptable levels in my opinion. As with this one, I promise to give you time to argue your case before I take any action, and will take into consideration your performance in regards to charge one and two as I decide how to proceed.
- You promise that you will willingly resign your position as Permamod instantly and without a public vote if a majority of the remaining Permamods (besides yourself) believe you have violated term #1 (charge #1 or #2). I promise to include you in at least some of our discussion about it prior to any Permamod vote.
- You agree to obey the spirit of these terms and not merely the letter.
If you agree to these terms, Hater, post here saying as much.
- Private hosting or Permamod related information related to disputes (charge #1): A private matter in this context is any issue between you and a host or Permamod. Exceptions are made for public discussion arenas where the content is implied to be up for debate (such as a game that is in pregame setup, and thus has the implicit request that potential players evaluate it for holes and issues) and for cases when the other party consents (either privately with you, or by making your issue public in a way that directly implies that the issue is your issue).
- Badgering the host (charge #2): continuing to press any issue with the host after the host has decided on an issue. Exceptions are made if the player asks the host if the conversation can be reopened and the host allows it. If the issue is severe enough, Permamods may be contacted in lieu of badgering the host further.
- Personal attacks (charge #3) will be defined upon request or at a later date, if needed.
Per usual, we will need two motions (not including Shadi or I) before a vote can be opened. If two motions are granted within a week, we will have a week long majority rules vote on the issue. Motions should be put in bold red to ensure it's extremely clear what you intend to do.
Shadi and Rainboy
PS by Rainboy - If more details are needed, they can be requested here; however, I do not wish to air Hater's dirty laundry if it can be avoided, and sincerely hope that he can return to his post as Permamod at some point in the future. Even during this demotion process, I request that everyone show Hater the utmost respect for his several years of diligent service here. It has been my pleasure to work with him, and it brings me great sadness to present this before you today. Though we frequently disagree on a wide variety of things, I value the variety of opinion, motivation and insight he has brought this community over the last several years.