ZBRA is out if neondragon tolerates neo-nazi's/racism

Zbra

ZBRA is out if neondragon tolerates neo-nazi's/racism

Post by Zbra »

Lately Ive expierence a lot of racism/discrimination in the community, last time I was warned because I replied with a word 'cunt' in it to someone who was making racist jokes and even admitted he was racist and neondragon couldn't ban/kick him for that; he claimed. Here's a screenshot of a part of the incident: (dutch/semi-english content) http://i.gyazo.com/4f111c85a32731f18b368c3e718f6b47.png

Now I see something more interresting in the nD teamspeak server; watch this - http://i.gyazo.com/c5cb85a787895a33b82a41723dbace2f.png

If this doesn't stop I will not play/command/care here anymore, in my opinion it has to be a community for all people, no matter ur gender, race or religion. A joke needs to be funny for all of us, because we may not understand each other in foreign languages, but we all smile in the same language.

Its 2014, the era of high-tech... All cultures and its past contributed to this damn day. Some in wrong way, but (hopefully) 'we' have learned from the past.

Peace be upon yall :pray:
These users thanked the author Zbra for the post (total 3):
doeda, R1CKY[JJ], Jokur
KING SNEL

Re: ZBRA is out if neondragon tolerates neo-nazi's/racism

Post by KING SNEL »

cmon we all makes mistakes and say some ugly words sometimes, members pls no need for insta ban!!!! by the way the pic with kwaakt is just gay unless u have translation to it, i dont understand anything!!!!!
Last edited by KING SNEL on Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

I don't know what the dutch part is about but regarding the TS3 Icon Ryan has, it was given to him by an Administrator (I assume in this case, it must've been KO9 as a joke) and can only be removed by an Administrator too. Jon can do nothing about it and he was just trolling you.
Zbra

Post by Zbra »

Maki wrote:I don't know what the dutch part is about but regarding the TS3 Icon Ryan has, it was given to him by an Administrator (I assume in this case, it must've been KO9 as a joke) and can only be removed by an Administrator too. Jon can do nothing about it and he was just trolling you.
Shall I troll with cancerjokes? You like sick jokes? I cant laugh about it, as I said before - I have a 'better' sence of humor

And the dutch part, Im not gonna translate it for you, ask kwaakt or lien, enough members or admins
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Zbra wrote:
Maki wrote:I don't know what the dutch part is about but regarding the TS3 Icon Ryan has, it was given to him by an Administrator (I assume in this case, it must've been KO9 as a joke) and can only be removed by an Administrator too. Jon can do nothing about it and he was just trolling you.
Shall I troll with cancerjokes? You like sick jokes? I cant laugh about it, as I said before - I have a 'better' sence of humor

And the dutch part, Im not gonna translate it for you, ask kwaakt or lien, enough members or admins
Where have I told I liked sick jokes? I interpreted the meaning of why it was most likely added, it's different. Just wait for the admin in question to explain exactly why it was added.
The Beard

Post by The Beard »

The first part i can only comment on what was explained to me, and that was that waffle meant the white skin as in the cs model skin. I wasnt there and dont have the evidence so cant really go any further as far as that.

The teamspeak one shocks me, im not happy about it, not in the slightest, joke or not..

Back when i was last admin here we had 0 tolerance, religion race and politics were kept out of the game, im not sure why that changed but as it stands now it makes it difficult to moderate and leaves the door open to trolls that take advantage of the situation.

Before the usual groups jump in with there im innocent and deeply disturbed, i was put in just a situation today, one guy with the name cracker, a cracker is a biscuit right and a cracka is an offensive term, well shit guys nice troll, shame you all came together and left together which gave away your little game, now cracker wasnt doing or saying anything racist or offensive, which means with the current way of thinking that there doing nothing wrong so you cant moderate them, trolls take advantage of this fact either using the terms or twisting them to start a shit storm.

Im personally in favour of 0 tolerance as this is a source for the shit storms and a way that the usual groups will start them. whether its meant in a bad way or not, if it is explained to the person why they shouldn't use it then they should understand and change it, assuming there not using it to troll.

But im just one admin and i dont choose the rules by myself.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Boy well this turned into a shit storm pretty fast. Let me attempt to clear up the teamspeak issue.

The person with the Swastika on teamspeak is a friend of mine who I was trolling a few days ago. He asked me for an icon, I searched what was already uploaded to the server and available and set it as that to troll him.

This was supposed to be a personal joke between me, my friend and the rest of us who frequent a few private channels on TS. I don't really see why anyone else who doesn't interact with us at all on TS would take exception to this but I do sincerely apologise for any offense taken by anyone. This is not something which was done to provoke a response from anyone other than my friend and I genuinely did not anticipate anyone else to even care in the slightest about what happens in our private channel. I have now removed the icon.

On the subject of the channel name, channel owners can change/edit their channel names at will. I'm unaware of any rules that we have currently as to what sort of names are allowed. Just to clarify it is not my channel and I do not control the name.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I didn't really feel like there was enough energy put into mitigating the issue but then again it was quite late in the night. I hope this'll be handled if it continues from here, there's obviously some unacceptable behaviour.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
R1CKY[JJ]

Post by R1CKY[JJ] »

Troll or no troll, anything related to nazism, racism or the islamic state should be avoid ingame, forum or ts. I see it more and more ingame people trolling with this subjects. In my eyes there is nothing funny about it. If this getting the standard i'm out as well.
These users thanked the author R1CKY[JJ] for the post (total 2):
swarleyPLZ, Jokur
"Gisteren is gisteren, vandaag is vandaag"
Zbra

Post by Zbra »

You know how my innocent people died of this fascist ideoligy? (my grandpa was a jew) Its happening again in the middel east (innocent people, wheter sunni muslim, christians, or yezedi's get killed) and you'll just joke about it. Dont u have any dignity?
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

What more do you expect out of this topic?
stickysteez

Post by stickysteez »

R1CKY[JJ] wrote:Troll or no troll, anything related to nazism, racism or the islamic state should be avoid ingame, forum or ts. I see it more and more ingame people trolling with this subjects. In my eyes there is nothing funny about it. If this getting the standard i'm out as well.
amen! to bad i see the same problems Ricky is talking about, it's not funny at all.
same when this guy had the name EBOLA, it took to much time to 'ask' him to change his name.
“Great men are not born great, they grow great . . .”
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

If people can have and uphold a normal conversation/discussion related to any of the, in this topic, mentioned points I see no reason to punish anyone. However, if people take it too far, go beyond what is acceptable and do not listen to moderators or people that complain in general..., actions should be taken. Although some will draw the line of what is acceptable closer than others, use your common sense?!

Ricky (the following goes for all staff but I picked your name as you replied to this topic, and are a member), it is partly YOUR task to stand up and deal with these kind of things. You can not complain without having taken action first?

I don't mind Konijn messing around with friends but outside that, everyone should be well aware of what is acceptable and what is not. For some, having certain signs or names is normal. In their opinion they do no harm. If there are players that feel uncomfortable due to other players, staff has to jump in and handle it!

I will see what I can do in terms of adding what exactly is acceptable and what isn't. In the meantime and until then, show some respect and change your name if you are asked to, eventhough you feel as though there is nothing wrong with it. I strongly advise staff to use normal moderation guidelines and ask admins for a second opinion if you are unsire what you can do in certain situations.

Thank you.
R1CKY[JJ]

Post by R1CKY[JJ] »

Lien~ wrote:Ricky (the following goes for all staff but I picked your name as you replied to this topic, and are a member), it is partly YOUR task to stand up and deal with these kind of things. You can not complain without having taken action first
Well, I spoke with Satan two days ago about this subject. I asked him what to do in this certain situations. And yes, If I feel needed I will take actions in the future. But when this is getting the standard of "trolling" on nD, I don't want to be a part of it..
"Gisteren is gisteren, vandaag is vandaag"
bis

Post by bis »

StickySteez wrote:
R1CKY[JJ] wrote:Troll or no troll, anything related to nazism, racism or the islamic state should be avoid ingame, forum or ts. I see it more and more ingame people trolling with this subjects. In my eyes there is nothing funny about it. If this getting the standard i'm out as well.
amen! to bad i see the same problems Ricky is talking about, it's not funny at all.
same when this guy had the name EBOLA, it took to much time to 'ask' him to change his name.
pmed the admin community about a similar situation yesterday, no reply

Return to “Trash”