[Declined] Lets give this a second shot then!

All declined Applications are stored here.
Wongerz

Lets give this a second shot then!

Post by Wongerz »

1) Introduction

1.1) Hello everyone, obviously it has been a long time since I last applied; just over 9 months ago. (I think). So everyone around the community knows me I guess. I know on my last I got declined and from then I have worked hard for this and have tried to improve on my cons as much as possible. I have always been dedicated to become a member here, I have enjoyed this community since I ever started. I can take criticism from people and I am very eager to improve on the cons. I know some cons like age is obviously one of them that can't be improved and I know I am still young, but I want an exception for this because maturity counts to this community as well as myself. I have actually given myself a lot of time into this and this time of year is when it is my prime where I spend the most time on CS. Your tips and advice appreciates me a lot and like I said before, I will take criticism into account.

2) Steam Information

2.1) Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:54011579

2.2) Nick Name : Jubia Grendarbad

2.3) Age : 14 (But 15 in September; 14/09/99).

2.4) Sex : Male

3) Questions

3.1) Experience Level (including any previous admin work) :

Well OK like I said in my last application I said I have had no experience before but the thing about me is that I am willing to work and learn from what admins say and if I get a chance obviously I will be eager to learn from them. The experience that I have probably have is that I have had experience with VIP commands and I know how to vote kick/ban people, and as well as moderating which is needed to become member, otherwise I haven't. Since if I had powers on the servers it wouldn't really make a difference to actually just being a regular, members have powers to kick or ban and regulars report which I have tried to do on Fun and Jail. What matters to me is I want to learn.

3.2) Average amount of time on our servers per day

This really depends from time to time and the breaks I have during the school year. As you know now it is summer and this is probably the time of year when I go on Counter Strike a lot but during the school year I tend to play about on average of 16 hours a month or maybe a little bit more. It comes down to when I am free most of the time or if I am in the mood to play, nevertheless in the winter time I tend to stay in a lot but during spring and summer I tend to go outside more but I go on it in my spare time when I have that time to play be honest with you.

3.21)Jailbreak Server : Around about 4-5 hours a day, when i don't have that much time probably about 1-3 hours a day.

3.22)Speedrun Server : About half an hour a day, but not much though.

3.23) Fun Deathmatch Server : It really depends I only go on if there are like 10 people, but if there aren't any people on, obviously I won't go on.

3.24)Roadrage Server : I rarely go to that area unless all the other servers have no people on.

3.25)Deathrun Server : Same with Deathrun, I only go on if I am bored of the other servers.

3.26)Assault Server : I probably go on at least 20 mins to half an hour a day depending on how many people there are, but a lot of the time there aren't anyone on them.

3.27)Zombie Plague 1000FPS Server : Not much probably 10 mins to 20 mins a month.

3.28)Zombie Respawn Server : I have recently gone on the Zombie Respawn Server a lot lately probably 1 hour to 2 hours depending on work and other stuff.

3.29) Surf-Gungame Server : 30 mins a day I think.

3.29)Trouble in Terrorist Town [BETA] Server : 2 hours approximately a day because I enjoy it a lot.

3.4) Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers?

I started playing on your servers on 1st August 2012 (so almost 2 years now). I found this server because my cousin introduced it to me who is called Croodar or Page 8 that some of you may know. Jailbreak was my first server you see and I found that really weird; people on one side of the team with guns and the other side with just a knife. This really made me think, what kind of a game is this? I found it very hard to understand but then as the month went I started to get a bit out of hand and I killed 15 Ts in the cage which got me a ban and a first strike. Two months went by, I tried a joke and fake tagged Jellow's name which got me the second strike. From then on I was more mature with what I was doing and I started to learn and help out other people who were new to this. Looking back to what I have done was a very long time ago and now I have changed a lot since then. I tend to go on all the servers at least once a month but obviously my main ones are TTT and Jailbreak.

3.5) Do you have a working mic?

Yes I do.

3.6) After answering these questions, please provide a brief introduction of your life (hobbies, studies etc.) as well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers.

3.61) Introduction :
Hello then so to start of with I guess some people don't know my real name then (except Gohan). So my name in real life is Alvin, this probably makes you think about the three chipmunks film but obviously this was after I was born. I am 14 years old but turning 15 in September. Most of you may know that I am Chinese so my parents are originally from China but moved over here for a better life. I live in England so some of you may think I am English but to be honest I was grown up here so I see no reason for you to think that. I am currently still studying at school and I am in the 3rd Year or Year 9 you could call it. The next two years will be very important for me because I am doing my GCSE course which is studying 11 subjects which the 5 out of them are my other choices so I will need to concentrate but I will have the spare time to play on CS as well.

3.62) Hobbies :

3.621) Sport ;
I love football as a young child, I played with a team called Wattsfield in a local area when I first started playing football I found it really weird but then I got the hang of it. My first trophy with the team was the local area league which made us unbeaten for ages. Then we went on to win the local league for 5 years in a row and also we won another local tournament 6 years in a row and another 4 years in a row we went other big cities like Blackpool it was very hard we entered it three times but won only once got to a semi final and quarter final. But sadly after 8 years together as a team we fell apart and I was very sad because I wanted to play till I have 16. Then I joined a new club further away from home and it is because I go to a royal grammar school and I board so now I play for another club but life has to go on so I dealt with it. I don't just only play football, at school I played: table tennis, badminton, handball, cricket and rugby. a very vast range of sports which I enjoyed very much. Our rugby team is not the best but we try and try to improve which I am in the A team for as well as cricket sometimes. Sport has been a very big in my life because I love doing it so much that I want to try out other sports as well.

3.622) Gaming ;
I mainly play on Counter Strike, I have other games such as Half Life, Call of Duty and Counter Strike Zero. I play on Counter Strike the most but if I get bored of it I go on the other games that I have. I got to say gaming is one of hobbies though but I don't spend on it all the time, so I hope you don't think that.

3.623) Future ;
The future is hard to tell now because I am very young still but I go to say that I hope I do well academically which is the main thing so I can I have a good job when I am older. My aim is to get good A-levels and GCSE's and then go to a good university and then work for technology designer. Things can change during the next ten years of my life so anything could happen. Obviously I won't play Counter Strike all my life, there will be a point where I have to stop and leave because of family and work.

3.624) Other random stuff ;
Well in my spare time I do a lot of other things with my friends especially, we play on the Xbox, listen to music, play man hunt (if you have heard of it), talk to my friends and other random stuff you can think off. I currently live in a boarding house with like 24 other people and we all have our ups and downs at this age so we tend to do a lot of stuff together.

3.63) Studies :

3.631) Work ;
Currently now I don't have that much obviously because my exams are now finished but now its August and this is the time of month where I play Counter Strike the most with probably up to 150 hours a month to 200. No work but as the months go by the work load will go up but the weekends will be the most free time I will get.

3.632) Subjects ;
I am going to Study 11 subjects next year which are : Maths, English Language and English Literature, Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Spanish, Latin, P.E, Technology (resistant materials) and Geography. I am looking forward to study these courses and I hope I do well in them.

3.633) School Overall ;
I mean I am aiming really high in my GCSEs and A-Levels so that is one positive thing but on the other hand I don't know if I will actually commit myself into actually putting ll that effort into it. Sometimes I feel that I need to take a break so I can rest myself.

3.7) My motivation for helping to moderate our servers :

3.71) Reports ;
I have made 38 reports which have 2 undergoing, 3 Declined and 33 Accepted. My 34 reports have come from [Surf/Speedrun/Zombie/Assault/Deathrun/Deathmatch] Bans and have 3 Declines which makes me have a 91% accuracy catching cheaters on the Surf/Speedrun/Zombie/Assault/Deathrun/Deathmatch Servers.

3.72) In-game Activity ;
My activity from July-August

3.73) Forum Activity ;
My forum activity isn't too good I got to admit but I do try and check the forums everyday anyway. I just don't want to start spamming all the topics you see. I did leave for a bit last year so i didn't bother checking the forums so it went down a little bit.

3.74) Dedication towards Neondragon ;
I have been dedicated to be a member in the last year and I have improved a lot since my last application and I hope that this dedication will take me to where I want to be.

3.75) Moderation ;
Moderation doesn't really need powers at all until it becomes out of hand, I have tried my best to help out people round here and I know I still need to work on it a bit more so people understand me a bit more in how I moderate. In some cases powers are not needed like said before it is only used when it gets to a serious point where they don't listen at all.

4) Conclusion :

To conclude this I would like you feedback from this and hopefully I try and improve on what is said.
If you need anything add me on Steam : Jubia grendarbad
Or you can pm me on the forums
And here is my old application if you want to see it http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=19565

I will make changes through this application just to add some extra stuff on like the activity just to update it throughout the month.
Last edited by Wongerz on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doeda
VIP

Re: Lets give this a second shot then!

Post by doeda »

Hey Jubia nice to see you applying, and my thoughts are positive about you you changed a lot this year (in comparisson to the other year) you are waaaay mature now.
I never saw you raged or anything, cool guy not a troublemaker, moderates when needed, has a lot of reports with good accuracy, I dont see why you will get declined, for me its a yes obviously, Age doesnt matter atleast to me you are more mature then some guys who are 17-20 (?).
I would love to see you as a member, goodluck on this application mate! nD* Jail Jubia incoming!
These users thanked the author doeda for the post:
Wongerz
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Oh look, a 2nd Veghan!

Jokes! It is too damn long to read atm so I will do so later tonight and will update this post once time allows me to. Good luck Jubia!
Wongerz

Post by Wongerz »

Lien~ wrote:Oh look, a 2nd Veghan!

Jokes! It is too damn long to read atm so I will do so later tonight and will update this post once time allows me to. Good luck Jubia!
Its not a second Veghan its an UPDATED Veghan!
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

He surpassed his master..

Also I think you're definitely a better candidate than you used to be, but I'm not quite sure you're there yet as I don't see you have any authority over the regulars whatsoever.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
Wongerz
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Humm

Post by Humm »

Helloooooooooooo Jubia

PROS:
As doeda wrote: moderates when needed
Mature
Reporting

Those PROS gives you a yes from me. Your age is not a con for me...
These users thanked the author Humm for the post:
Wongerz
Unown

Post by Unown »

Your application hurts my eyes and it's unbearable to read...

I don't know you, wich is obvious since you don't play on the servers I play on, but from what I have seen on the forum, I don't think you're read yyet.
But again, I don't know you and I'll obviously let other members/admins decide.

Good luck.

EDIT: The reason why I don't think you're ready yet is because you're most likely to easy of a 'troll' target.
Catching cheaters is easy, handling a full server is hard and way more important.
And since you are applying for Jail, that will be your main goal, to handle a full server, from what I personally have seen on the forum, you won't be able to do that, but hey, you might be different in the server :)
These users thanked the author Unown for the post (total 3):
Путинтебяобстрелит, Macho Man, Wongerz
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
R1CKY[JJ]

Post by R1CKY[JJ] »

In my eyes having authority is almost impossible without being member. Regulars, and especially trolls don't give a shit unless theres someone with a nD-tag.

Jubia, although I don't know you that well, I see a good candidate for the Jail team. However I don't play JB, I've seen you on other servers and spoke to you on steam. What I've noticed from you so far is that you're a mature, and very sympathetic guy. You always greet other players, help them out when they have questions or whatsoever. Besides that, you always act nice, are known here, and active on forum. Like I said before, in my eyes moderating is very hard without being a member. I think you should do a good job being member. For me a extend/yes.

Lol, you and CrooDar cousins :lol:?? Also a Gooner or what?
These users thanked the author R1CKY[JJ] for the post:
Wongerz
"Gisteren is gisteren, vandaag is vandaag"
Wongerz

Post by Wongerz »

R1CKY[JJ] wrote:In my eyes having authority is almost impossible without being member. Regulars, and especially trolls don't give a shit unless theres someone with a nD-tag.

Jubia, although I don't know you that well, I see a good candidate for the Jail team. However I don't play JB, I've seen you on other servers and spoke to you on steam. What I've noticed from you so far is that you're a mature, and very sympathetic guy. You always greet other players, help them out when they have questions or whatsoever. Besides that, you always act nice, are known here, and active on forum. Like I said before, in my eyes moderating is very hard without being a member. I think you should do a good job being member. For me a extend/yes.

Lol, you and CrooDar cousins :lol:?? Also a Gooner or what?
No I support the RED DEVILS :evil: :evil: :evil:
hybRid

Post by hybRid »

Heyy Jubia,

Waww first of nice application dude!
Pro's
-Application is just :shock:
-Active
-English is perfect
-Helpfull to others and verry friendly aswell
-You do have a mic and talks allot ingame so thats a +1 you'r verry 'social' guy
-Forum activity
-You'r age really doesnt matter in here cause you seem a matured guy in my eyes

I dont have any neutrals or cons for you, goodluck
Yes pls.
These users thanked the author hybRid for the post:
Wongerz
Show no love, it will only kills u..
Swink^

Post by Swink^ »

Hello Jubia! :dance:
Nice too see your application, too silly to read doe. :pray:

Pro's
-Activity
-Great english
-Kind
-Friendly Attitude
-Rule Knoweledge

Neutral
-Could command a little bit more than you do.

Cons
-Age, but even if you're young your english and good and stuff.

I think you would be a good member, and you would get help from the older once :)
I don't know you so well doe, but as far you are a nice guy :lol: ¨
You got my Yes :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Swink^ for the post:
Wongerz
I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination ^_^
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

Hi Jubia.

First about your application itself.
It's easy to see you have put an extreme amount of thoughts and efforts into creating your application, but especially the format.
Putting effort into an application and making it look professional with subtitles etc. shows maturity and that you really want the membership.

However, I must admit that the entire idea goes to waste by using all the colors of the rainbow in a random order. This just makes it seem very childish and hard to read through. You are already a very young applicant, but this application shows clear immaturity. I'm sorry, but this is my honest oppinion. Ditch the colors, or at least make a clear system in them.

Now to you as a person and your playstyle. You command a lot and support the CT team. I'm not sure however if you know the rules well enough to be acting as a moderator on the server and I'm not sure either if you have the authority or respect on the server to moderate properly, given your young age. Usually membership isn't given to 14 year olds, except if they exhibit an exceptional moderating ability or playstyle. I don't see you as standing that much out of the crowd, you are slightly above average at best. Don't take it the wrong way, but do not lose hope since I definitely believe you have what it takes in the future.
These users thanked the author East Clubber for the post (total 2):
Wongerz, LaZy
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

I agree with East Clubber, I think that even if you wanted it would still be hard for you to be taken seriously enough so people would bring you their problems and expect you to resolute them on an adult and professional way. Same applies in-game, it's very hard to be listened and to avoid using moderation powers when people simply don't respect you because they don't think you earned it, even if you did sometimes but in this case your behaviour is a factor that influences this for your young age. Don't take these posts as big fat no's that everyone just loves to post on other applications but try to understand what is wrong and to fix it, who knows if you fix it you may even gain membership just for that. Good luck.
These users thanked the author uhu for the post:
Wongerz
Wongerz

Post by Wongerz »

Ok thanks for the replies guys!

@Doeda ; Thanks for the comments.
@Shadi ; I will try my best to work on it.
@Humm, @swink, @Hybridz and @Ricky ; Thanks for the comments as well.
@Unownist ; Will try and improve on what is said and I will pop into the Runner servers to get to know you better.
@East ; East no need to be sorry by the way its childish from your view and that is fine from what you have said and I respect it very much coming from you and I hope to improve on what is said!
@Uhu ; Spoke to you in Steam and I will improve on what you have said as well.
Unown

Post by Unown »

Jubia wrote: @Unownist ; Will try and improve on what is said and I will pop into the Runner servers to get to know you better.
No need for that, just focus on the Jail server :) (and TTT if that interests you aswell)
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.

Return to “Declined Applications”