Maps

Moderator: J4ck

doeda
VIP

Maps

Post by doeda »

Hey, I just wanted to say this: A lot of good maps got removed because of the lack of games right?
Then why is jail_color_full still in the mapcycle since it has almost NO games?
And where is Jail_leyawiin at? it was a good map and I miss it.

Just wanted to say this, bye
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Unown

Re: Maps

Post by Unown »

tamama pls
If noone comes from the future to stop you from doing it, then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Tough runs don't last, tough Runners do.
KaKao
nD Mapper

Post by KaKao »

doeda wrote:And where is Jail_leyawiin at? it was a good map and I miss it.
Last time I saw jail_leyawiin it was in the recycle bin, not sure where it is now, can't seem to find it.

No but on a more serious note I did have a version of leyawiin with the achievement and everything which also got played, but because players had a hard time finding the secret buttons I got asked to redo them into Cocoa boxes instead and the map would be removed from the mapcycle until it was fixed, I also received a long list of things I should change, I've done some things on that list, obviously I don't agree with everything that was said but most of them had a valid point behind them.

To be honest I don't know when or if I will bother to finish it, I barely play anymore and during the weekdays I'm busy with work. It might be best to just remove it from the cycle, get rid of the achievement and forget the map ever existed, sorry.
Last edited by KaKao on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flath

Post by Flath »

KaKao wrote:
doeda wrote:And where is Jail_leyawiin at? it was a good map and I miss it.
Last time I saw jail_leyawiin it was in the recycle bin, not sure where it is now, can't seem to find it.

No but on a more serious note I did have a version of leyawiin with the achievement and everything which also got played, but because players had a hard time finding the secret buttons I got asked to redo them into Cocoa boxes instead and the map would be removed from the mapcycle until it was fixed, I also received a long list of things I should change, I've done some things on that list, obviously I don't agree with everything that was said but most of them had a valid point behind them.

To be honest I don't know when or if I will bother to finish it, I barely play anymore and during the weekdays I'm busy with work. It might be best to just remove it from the cycle and get rid of the achievement and forget the map ever existed, sorry.

Your map was awesome. I remember spending one morning trying to find the secret buttons with East and Chiller. Sad to hear it won't be back

Thor

Post by Thor »

So basically whoever asked you to change the map because THEY don't like it has fucked us out of a good map instead of playing jb_snow all the time...? Nice.
bis

Post by bis »

Thor wrote:So basically whoever asked you to change the map because THEY don't like it has fucked us out of a good map instead of playing jb_snow all the time...? Nice.
It was a decision that was needed to be made for the majority of the players. The achievement was incredibly hard to figure out without Kakao giving us tips and even then it took us 10 minutes to open the door. I'm sure the jail team would rather have the majority of the server happy with a functional map and unlockable achievements than a map that's impossible to unlock an achievement on unless you sit in the gunroom for 10 minutes. Also, jb_snow is a safe and stable map for the server to run on, its nice and simple and after a year of playing I'm not really tired of it, if you find a better map feel free to suggest it. Just to add the jail members/vips banged the fuck out of the old leyawiin and it got boring fast. We played the same games every day and nobody really seemed to enjoy it, its a nice map just overrated.

Also Kakao, it seems like your most recent posts on the forum involving the map have been quite spiteful and melodramatic. Yeah it sucks having your map slated and being forced to make changes but its for the better of the server and its players, suck it up. No point dwelling on it seeing as nothing will change, nD will be nD.
Thor

Post by Thor »

^True but why not just keep the map the way it is without having to add an achievement? It's easy just to add an achievement to Schlumpf's map instead if Kakao doesn't want to.. I'm sure Schlumpf won't mind
KaKao
nD Mapper

Post by KaKao »

freeda_khala wrote:It was a decision that was needed to be made for the majority of the players. The achievement was incredibly hard to figure out without Kakao giving us tips and even then it took us 10 minutes to open the door.
I didn't give you a single hint of where to find the secret buttons, what you are talking about was a little "mini riddle" I made for the CT's so they could gain access to another room with more weapons, In my opinion the riddle wasn't hard and you can even google it to get the right combination, here you go.
The first fears all, the second fears none.

The third eats what it can, preferably number one.

The fourth fears the second, but only when alone.

All must be activated in order, if you wish to go home.

Solution

Snake, Bear, Fox, Wolf.

The Snake fears all, The Bear fears none.

The Fox eats what it can, Preferably the Snake.

The Wolf fears the Bear, But only when it's separated from its pack.
Out of the 5 secret buttons I would say two of them might be "hard" to find.
freeda_khala wrote:Also Kakao, it seems like your most recent posts on the forum involving the map have been quite spiteful and melodramatic. Yeah it sucks having your map slated and being forced to make changes but its for the better of the server and its players, suck it up. No point dwelling on it seeing as nothing will change, nD will be nD.
Okey, I thought I cleared up everythign regarding leyawiin in the last post, but oh well, here I go.

Yes, I'm tired of the map, I first started on that map in February 2011(!) (might have been even earlier), if you look at the first version that was played on jb and compared to the newest one there is an enormous difference, basically it's not the same map, I only kept updating the map because I felt I was obligated to because I had the .rmf of it, despite the lack of feedback I think the last version I put up would stand up to nDs "high standards", in my opinion you have a lot of maps that are way worse then leyawiin yet they get to stay. As far as I know the map was not removed because it "sucked" but because the players can't spend an hour searching for buttons, you all know that once they've all been found, it won't take long until everyone else got it.

I say I lacked feedback because the only feedback I've ever got out of the player base of nD for the recent versions (you guys) was that there you couldn't get down from the "suicide" tower and that you were able to bug out of the vent passage, that's it, even though I've begged for feedback in the past this is basically all I got. It also took about 1 month (two times in a row) before someone from nD could test the map.
It has been almost a month ago (again) since I send a updated, hopefully working version of this doomed map, "We'll test it within a reasonable time" I got told, yea... I can see that.
Another month in silence.
Finally, after having completed the latest version for nD (of which I also followed requests from the higher ups) out of nowhere the map had to change... again, even though those that approved the map knew what changes I made, where the secret buttons were positioned and how they even looked like but it still wasn't enough. After complaining about it and actually telling them I have had this map for 3 damn years I finally got some real feedback which ended up in a list with roughly 100 different things that they would like for me to change, this included removing about half of the games (say good bye to Surf, Obstacle + all the smaller games), major editing to the environment and the layout of the map.

One of the points where that there should be direction to every game on the map, signs, billboards, I refused and instead made this to still try to make them happy.
This is located in the gunroom and shows a miniature model of the map so the CT could see where the games where.
Nope, not good, because CT have a 10 second memory.
Spoiler!
Yes, I'm spiteful every time I mention this map because of reasons I've already stated, to put it simple so you can understand what I'm trying to say it's this... are you ready? I don't want to have to do with this map anymore, I'm done with it.

Huh, easier than I thought, I'm done with it, deal with it, or as you put it Xeph, Suck it up.
Thor

Post by Thor »

GG Xeph. Kakao wins. Tons of shit maps, gets rid of one of the best maps on the server. #nDLogic
bis

Post by bis »

Thor wrote:GG Xeph. Kakao wins. Tons of shit maps, gets rid of one of the best maps on the server. #nDLogic
Thor I see you still haven't killed yourself with that hammer. You clearly didn't read my post containing the reasons for the possible removal/edit of the map, So please stop giving Kakao an anal massage with your tongue. Also Kakao I don't really want to get into a full blown argument with someone who's mentally challenged. (That goes for Thor aswell) It appears I'm on the same side as you as I quote,
nD will be nD
I'm not trying to start a war, I'm just saying suck it up, you've been here long enough to know what nD is like so why are you so surprised that nobody is bothering with your map? Laprot was the only admin that seemed keen enough to interact with you while the rest were slating your map and putting it off from going on the server.
Also towards your 'lack' of feedback, I was in-game when your latest version of leyawiin came out and I said in member chat and normal chat multiple times a few bugs in the map, falling out of it and some games were buggy. Not once did you respond in chat because you were too busy slurping the ejaculate from an admin I will not mention, also neither did a member respond and let you know even though the map was live and you acted as if it was a beta test. So don't come to me chatting some bullshit about feedback seeing as there was around 5 of us on the mod server testing your map with the achievement for atleast an hour.

I'm done for now, I could say more about how you're over reacting and this is all over a virtual map. Good luck with your future endeavours seeing as you're cancelling your project, its a shame.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

I think you're being far too harsh on Kakao, Xeph. You are forgetting that this is a map he has put an enormous amount of effort into and he has been ignored, berated and under-appreciated. He made this map for the community with little to nothing in return and if I was in the same situation as he was I would feel extremely bitter about the entire situation as well. To put it bluntly people have done a piss poor job of working with him to get his map added, tested & reviewed.

Honestly I don't know why the map was removed as I wasn't an admin at the time. It seems a little silly to remove the map *purely* because an achievement is too difficult. If that is the case then simply remove or disable the achievement until a rework is done, but there's no reason to remove the map.

Xeph however mentioned that the games are buggy and you can bug out of the vent? If this is true then obviously until these things are fixed I can understand why the map would be pulled. If however the map is in a playable state (no *major* bugs) then I would be very keen to have it restored to the map cycle.

Can someone confirm what the current problems are and if it's playable right now?
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

wait the last version of leyawiin was removed? I Wasn't confronted about this O_o
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
KaKao
nD Mapper

Post by KaKao »

freeda_khala wrote:I'm not trying to start a war, I'm just saying suck it up, you've been here long enough to know what nD is like so why are you so surprised that nobody is bothering with your map?
Why shouldn't I be bothered when no one is looking over the map but other maps get tested within hours after they're compiled, just because it's been like that doesn't mean I should be okey with it.
Also towards your 'lack' of feedback, I was in-game when your latest version of leyawiin came out and I said in member chat and normal chat multiple times a few bugs in the map, falling out of it and some games were buggy. Not once did you respond in chat because you were too busy slurping the ejaculate from an admin I will not mention,
Please enlighten me, really, because I can't remember any real feedback, neither any games that bugged out, what I remember from the latest version was a bunch of players standing outside the door with a riddle, spamming the buttons until they finally got it, though that was also too hard to figure out. The vent that you could bug out of got fixed and the only two games that might have been "buggy" was a part of the obstacle race where if you had low fps you could fail, same with the tree game, lag caused problems to that game.

Really, calling me mentally challenged and says I'm "slurping the ejaculate" from an admin (who you're referring to I've no idea), just stop it.
also neither did a member respond and let you know even though the map was live and you acted as if it was a beta test. So don't come to me chatting some bullshit about feedback seeing as there was around 5 of us on the mod server testing your map with the achievement for atleast an hour.
I act like it was just a test because on more than one occasion they've skipped putting it up on the test server and went right ahead to the live which ended up in lots of players downloading a map that was in need of a fix, You keep saying you tested the achievement on my map yet I have no memory of it, as I said, last time I tested it they all tried to figure out the riddle, I did however test the achievement with Pukata once, that's all.
Konijn wrote:Honestly I don't know why the map was removed as I wasn't an admin at the time. It seems a little silly to remove the map *purely* because an achievement is too difficult. If that is the case then simply remove or disable the achievement until a rework is done, but there's no reason to remove the map.
You were an admin when the map got disabled on the JB server (last pm conversation about the map was 18th Feb) but I don't think it was publicly announced or w/e in your channels. Yes, because of how the items/buttons looked like it got pulled.
Konijn wrote:Xeph however mentioned that the games are buggy and you can bug out of the vent? If this is true then obviously until these things are fixed I can understand why the map would be pulled. If however the map is in a playable state (no *major* bugs) then I would be very keen to have it restored to the map cycle.

Can someone confirm what the current problems are and if it's playable right now?
Except for some fps drop and possibly the tree game which players tend to have problems with (the game works as intended) there isn't anything that doesn't work at this moment from what I can see, yes, vent was fixed some time ago.
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

It's really a shame seeing KaKao treated like this, I know you put a lot of effort and time into Leyawiin and I don't blame you for losing the motivation if what you are writing is true..
These users thanked the author East Clubber for the post (total 2):
Jellow, Unown
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

The map was temoporarely removed in order to fix the buttons, and since the idea was a quick fix within a few days or week, i saw no problem removing the map, but yeah alot of things happend along the way, and the map didnt get added back because the next version was expected to come. So the reason of removal was not because its a bad map, but as a "bug fix" for achievement.

Anyway ive discussed with a few players, and seeing that most achievements are easy anyway, it is np to have a hard achievement in ur map, so ive re-added the latest version of the map again, and i hope that it wont be removed from the mapcycle again. So this will be the final version of the map i guess.

Also leyawiins mystery achievement should be enabled again now. Gonna spend the next few days getting all the new JB achievements working again.
These users thanked the author Pukata for the post:
doeda

Return to “Jailbreak Trash”