Lien as member? no thanks

BabyPandaYOU

Lien as member? no thanks

Post by BabyPandaYOU »

Im clearly free to express my thought on this forum and this is why I think that lien should not be a member on this server.

1. Clearly she cant contain her anger, why you may ask? Well she slays me and swtich me to terrorist for coming in her sight when commanding. I want to say that she even gave me a warning for coming in her sight and she with her own words said: Get the f*ck of my sight or else im going to CT ban you, instantly swtiching me and slaying me. throught the counterstrike comunication button.

2.She makes false accusations that I use fps_override 1 when I clearly aint using it. (Proof can be shown)

3. She calls my indian accent foolish which actually makes me a bit sad, since I take it as a offence against my, half indian, race. She even in the past said that I should command with my real accent. But is there sucha thing as my real accent? Does it make my accent real if I use my Amarican accent that I have actually tried to master over a cupple of years?

Several people on the server actually get happy when I command '' THis with my indian accent ''and I just want to bring some joy to the server, but lien has to come with the negative feedback that actually makes people starting to get less and less interested in playing on this server, one of them actually being me.
I though the members were supposed to be raw models for the new people that play and the others that joined from the early stages of this comunity, but clearly I have no seen that aspekt in lien.
Jellow

Re: Lien as member? no thanks

Post by Jellow »

Glad she's an admin and not a member.
These users thanked the author Jellow for the post:
PiKaChu
BabyPandaYOU

Post by BabyPandaYOU »

Jellow wrote:Glad she's an admin and not a member.
Same same, different name..
Juni0r

Post by Juni0r »

ooo lien will get mad reading this.
ImageImage

"I wonder if heaven got a ghetto"
NaVida

Post by NaVida »

I don't get the problem against the idian accent commanding. It actually brings some fun into the server, (which is what this server really needs at the moment tbh) People seem to enjoy it, its mostly the members and admins that are against it.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

BabyPandaYOU wrote:Im clearly free to express my thought on this forum and this is why I think that lien should not be a member on this server.
Yes you are right. You are free to complain. Whether you make sense or not is to judge later on.
BabyPandaYOU wrote:1. Clearly she cant contain her anger, why you may ask? Well she slays me and swtich me to terrorist for coming in her sight when commanding. I want to say that she even gave me a warning for coming in her sight and she with her own words said: Get the f*ck of my sight or else im going to CT ban you, instantly swtiching me and slaying me. throught the counterstrike comunication button.
Tell me, why do you take the time to come on the forums and complain, when you don't even include what really happened dude? Kinda lame but ok, I'll do it for you;
You provoked by continually blocking my sight when I was commanding. I told you not to effin block me or I'd switch you, which you then for some unapparent reason took as a joke because you started uncontrollably laughing > hence why I switched you. I'd already given you the verbal warning, which should've triggered you in realizing that you shouldn't block me or take my warning for granted.
BabyPandaYOU wrote:2.She makes false accusations that I use fps_override 1 when I clearly aint using it. (Proof can be shown)
You were 100% using fps_override as you were ground-strafing like a freaking maniac. I told you not to use it to which you started screaming and had to be told NOT to scream by several people.
BabyPandaYOU wrote:3. She calls my indian accent foolish which actually makes me a bit sad, since I take it as a offence against my, half indian, race. She even in the past said that I should command with my real accent. But is there sucha thing as my real accent? Does it make my accent real if I use my Amarican accent that I have actually tried to master over a cupple of years?
Never have I said that your Indian accent is foolish. I am no racist, never was and never will be! What really happened is that you asked me if you could command with your Indian accent on which I said ''pls no'' (you've been told a thousand times to don't overdo it as it makes it look as though you are taking the piss out of Indian people - that's another story though, nothing to do with this current case), you then called me a racist and explained you are half Indian. After, you tried making a point by saying ''Let me command with a British accent then'' to which I said ''If you do that it'd only make you look like a fool''. Once again, if you complain then at least mention everything and most of all don't twist and turn whatever has exactly been said. GG though, for your efforts.
BabyPandaYOU wrote:Several people on the server actually get happy when I command '' THis with my indian accent ''and I just want to bring some joy to the server, but lien has to come with the negative feedback that actually makes people starting to get less and less interested in playing on this server, one of them actually being me.
If you bring joy, then that's nothing but good. But I've witnessed it plenty of times that people really get annoyed and some even feel offended by the way you 'fake' your accent. In my humble opinion, if everyone is ok with it then you should be able to do it. But as long as there is even 1 person that has troubles following you or feels offended you shouldn't be taking that for granted and continue. No, you should realise that there is this little word called respect.
BabyPandaYOU wrote:I though the members were supposed to be raw models for the new people that play and the others that joined from the early stages of this comunity, but clearly I have no seen that aspekt in lien.
You are correct, we are. You however are in no way 'new' as you've already been told off enough times to know how things go around here.
Juni0r wrote:ooo lien will get mad reading this.
Oh dude, you have no clue how super duper upset and super mad and sad I am.

Junior seriously, what happened to you bro?
NaVida wrote:I don't get the problem against the idian accent commanding. It actually brings some fun into the server, (which is what this server really needs at the moment tbh) People seem to enjoy it, its mostly the members and admins that are against it.
I'll quote myself and that should say enough as in how I think about it;
Lien~ wrote:In my humble opinion, if everyone is ok with it then you should be able to do it. But as long as there is even 1 person that has troubles following you or feels offended you shouldn't be taking that for granted and continue. No, you should realise that there is this little word called respect.

Edit by Maki: I made your three posts into one ;-;

Edit Lien~: Thanks bro, super much thankerinos!
Juni0r

Post by Juni0r »

What happend to me? I would tell you if you wouldnt be so ignorant in the chat when im the only one typing.
ImageImage

Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Juni0r wrote:What happend to me? I would tell you if you wouldnt be so ignorant in the chat when im the only one typing.
Please, contact me in Private. I'm sure we can figure our shit out!
Juni0r

Post by Juni0r »

Meh no time, ill just forgive u

oo killem
ImageImage

Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Spoiler!
In my humble opinion, if everyone is ok with it then you should be able to do it. But as long as there is even 1 person that has troubles following you or feels offended you shouldn't be taking that for granted and continue. No, you should realise that there is this little word called respect.
You speak about respect, but in my honest opinion, your reply towards him is condescending as [email protected]#$. no offense.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Mystic wrote:
Spoiler!
In my humble opinion, if everyone is ok with it then you should be able to do it. But as long as there is even 1 person that has troubles following you or feels offended you shouldn't be taking that for granted and continue. No, you should realise that there is this little word called respect.
You speak about respect, but in my honest opinion, your reply towards him is condescending as [email protected]#$. no offense.
Explain to me how that is? If there are people in-game that are offended by a person that is faking an accent and is, in their opinion, taking the piss out of Indians in general, it shouldn't be disregarded but rather be taken into account. This whole commanding thing became an issue AFTER some people spoke their minds about that they felt offended and as I said, if people are ok with it I am also ok with it. But if people complain, it should never be disregarded no matter what reason!

Please tell me if I am wrong here? I really don't see where I have been disrespectful but ok :/
BabyPandaYOU

Post by BabyPandaYOU »

I dont want to bother arguing on the internet but just to make some things clear.
''Not to overdo'' I play less then anyone on the server and I rarely show up to share some happiness to the server, you even said that I play to little on this server to earn my regular status.
''You provoked by continually blocking my sight when I was commanding'' <-- This was actually only once and for less then 5 seconds. uncontrollably laughing'' I was actually surprised by your reaction and I have nothing to say to this but to approve.

I do not think that you understood what I ment with ''let me command with a british accent then'' (Im not saying that you understood it wrong since I clearly see how you understood it...). I was trying to proove a point that I should be allowed to command with the accent even though you in the past had told me to ''use my real accent'' which I though that you though were my real accent, if that makes any sense...

As said, I can show proof that that was without fps_override 1... Just because I can gc while strafing doesn't make me a ''developer'' user.
BabyPandaYOU

Post by BabyPandaYOU »

Lien~ wrote:
Mystic wrote:
Spoiler!
Explain to me how that is? If there are people in-game that are offended by a person that is faking an accent and is, in their opinion, taking the piss out of Indians in general, it shouldn't be disregarded rather be taken into account. Or am I wrong here? I really don't see where I have been disrespectful but ok :/
I must say I'm trying to make it sound extra indian but I am half indian and I do have that accent when im talking with my family members. SO fakeing it is not something I do, I spice it up as I would like to say.

and btw. Who is taking it offensive, i'd like to know.
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Seeing as most of it has been dealt with through the microphone, I have no way to actually find out who is wrong or right and that is why, when you believe you're unfairly treated, you should start recording.

However based on the logs, the switch does seem to be justified and it came after a warning, although Lien could've given the warning it in a nicer way, I can understand the frustration of someone coming on your sight everytime. It can also come as playing around and not doing your CT duty and as such is worthy of a switch after a warning (which she did give you).

On the accusation, I don't see anything wrong with it, although it should be avoided without proof.

On your indian accent, there is nothing on the logs that could prove she said that and Lien isn't that type of person. Additionally she did indeed say in the logs "pls not" as an indication of not wanting you to use it but never called it foolish or came with racist remarks.

Adding up on that, I'd recommend to not overexaggerate it and use whatever voice feels natural to you and not try to put out a show on the server, especially if people of the server don't want you to. It's fine every so often but sometimes people just want normal rounds.

According to what I've seen, Lien has done nothing wrong, thanks anyway.

L&T.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Jellow wrote:Glad she's an admin and not a member.
oh jellow xD

tl;dr but the Indian part caught my attention.

I don't think overdoing it is a problem, as long as it's not directed towards any Indian on the server and the accent isn't specifically a blood-soaked word/method of patronising the Indian race. I remember me using various accents myself to successfully bring joy to the server and the general atmosphere, Indian being one of them. I also remember YOU commanding with an Indian accent where at least 95% of the server found it hilarious, one took a little offence though and another one didn't clearly understand but no commander can be liked by every single person on the server and as long as no real harm is done and the commands are clear (to anyone with decent English) it shouldn't be problematic.

my 2c.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Trash”