NEW server! [Soft Opening]

Maki
Friend of the Community

Re: NEW server! [Soft Opening]

Post by Maki »

SiX wrote:JB_snowday or what the map is, where the big suicide tower holding an AWP is + the cull bugs.
Would be a good map imo.
Tried a bunch of Jailbreak maps yesterday, this one was horrible.

Only one that was good was jail_color_full , it's due to the fact that there was no trampoline and the only hiding spot wasnt that good :P
Also map wasn't too big but not too small so it fit well.
bis

Post by bis »

SiX wrote:JB_snowday or what the map is, where the big suicide tower holding an AWP is + the cull bugs.
Would be a good map imo.
Spoiler!
jail_akd_snowyday
I thought the exact same, snowyday is one of my favorite maps and would of been great fun for zombie plague but unfortunately the suicide tower and map itself was way too big even with 10-15 people in the server, I think maybe with 30 people it would be a great map but if the server is dead it would be terrible, a shame really.
nBi

Post by nBi »

Snowyday map:
And it would be a camping up on the Tower, the zombies would not be able to get up there, since the ladder is too long and it's just too shoot them down.
Veghan

Post by Veghan »

Expected it to be something else tbh :o Anyways let's see how it goes! :D i did love it now and then but the 'escape' maps are a bit meh.
RazoR'

Post by RazoR' »

Veghan~ wrote:Expected it to be something else tbh :o Anyways let's see how it goes! :D i did love it now and then but the 'escape' maps are a bit meh.
// CSGO Zombie Escape, such fun much wow.
LaZy

Post by LaZy »

well done!
- Not sure if weed makes people LaZy or LaZy people like to smoke weed -
Ying and Yang

Post by Ying and Yang »

I think its pretty hilarious that everytime a new server launches its something completely different from what people have been asking. I remember there was a vote quite a while back on which server people would want and by far the top contenders would be warcraft3 and HnS, and I mean by far, completely crushing any other options(it might've been UWC3, not sure). Needless to say neither of the 2 were ever even tested without much say as to why that is. All the necessary plugins can be found in 5 minutes.

Just wondering how do you guys end up deciding the servers? :/
ASTYLE

Post by ASTYLE »

instead of building more servers, fix the ones where there is just to much lag on it when it's near full, DM & assault f.e. lagging when shooting...
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Post by Pukata »

Ying and Yang wrote:I think its pretty hilarious that everytime a new server launches its something completely different from what people have been asking. I remember there was a vote quite a while back on which server people would want and by far the top contenders would be warcraft3 and HnS, and I mean by far, completely crushing any other options(it might've been UWC3, not sure). Needless to say neither of the 2 were ever even tested without much say as to why that is. All the necessary plugins can be found in 5 minutes.

Putting up a server involves alot of time and energy from the admins. We tried several times in the past to listen to the regulars, where 2-3 weeks later, the server ends up dead, and hours and hours of work just wasted, because the same regulars who asked for the server, dosent play it much.

1. HNS isnt something we know alot about, and is rather a new thing to nD, so us admins dont know how to make a HNS server good for everyone. Unless ofc those who suggested it, handpicks the plugins themselves, and regulars agree on them.

2. When putting up such a server, u need a member team to take care of it, and atm fun members have enough servers on their hands. Then there is runners, which have 1 member. Also a HNS server might be so liked between the regulars, that it will drain our JB server from those very regulars.

3. Nonsteam are very often noobs ingame, and most likely wont like a mod like HNS, that requires bhop skills etc.. so it wont be a very good success for a nonsteam server, and since nonsteam makes up the vast majority of cs players today. So it does not have a big playerbase that would stick to the server.

Lot of factors the regulars dont consider at all & something us admins know. And by that we know which server is the best choice.

Why zm? Well we noticed that our current zm-server has become popular, and providing another diffrent zm server, will surely become succesfull (once we done with the server) & we have nD* ZM members to take care of it. Nonsteam knows how to shoot, so they, like on our current zm server, can figure out how to play in the gameplay. With all that in place, its and obvious choice, and worth the trouble putting up the server.
Ying and Yang

Post by Ying and Yang »

Pukata wrote:
Ying and Yang wrote:I think its pretty hilarious that everytime a new server launches its something completely different from what people have been asking. I remember there was a vote quite a while back on which server people would want and by far the top contenders would be warcraft3 and HnS, and I mean by far, completely crushing any other options(it might've been UWC3, not sure). Needless to say neither of the 2 were ever even tested without much say as to why that is. All the necessary plugins can be found in 5 minutes.

Putting up a server involves alot of time and energy from the admins. We tried several times in the past to listen to the regulars, where 2-3 weeks later, the server ends up dead, and hours and hours of work just wasted, because the same regulars who asked for the server, dosent play it much.

1. HNS isnt something we know alot about, and is rather a new thing to nD, so us admins dont know how to make a HNS server good for everyone. Unless ofc those who suggested it, handpicks the plugins themselves, and regulars agree on them.

2. When putting up such a server, u need a member team to take care of it, and atm fun members have enough servers on their hands. Then there is runners, which have 1 member. Also a HNS server might be so liked between the regulars, that it will drain our JB server from those very regulars.

3. Nonsteam are very often noobs ingame, and most likely wont like a mod like HNS, that requires bhop skills etc.. so it wont be a very good success for a nonsteam server, and since nonsteam makes up the vast majority of cs players today. So it does not have a big playerbase that would stick to the server.

Lot of factors the regulars dont consider at all & something us admins know. And by that we know which server is the best choice.

Why zm? Well we noticed that our current zm-server has become popular, and providing another diffrent zm server, will surely become succesfull (once we done with the server) & we have nD* ZM members to take care of it. Nonsteam knows how to shoot, so they, like on our current zm server, can figure out how to play in the gameplay. With all that in place, its and obvious choice, and worth the trouble putting up the server.

1. There are more than enough knowledgeable HnS players here to give you the plugins, heck i could link them myself.-> hns ,jumpstats , (blocks)

2. HnS is doesn't require any moderating, the jumpstats plugin i earlier linked even takes care of most cheaters. Oh and cmon, jail going down because of HnS is never going to happen.

3. Despite that HnS is one of the most popular cs mods, now whether it will be succesfull or not I can't say.

You didn't even comment about the 2nd highly asked mod, wc3.

Anyways I'm not saying a zombie server is a bad choice, just that perhaps you should ask us the players what we would want to see.
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

I can pretty much agree with YaY.
We've already got a zombie server and I don't really get the idea of making a fun zombie server which looks pretty similiar to each other.
Ying and Yang wrote:Anyways I'm not saying a zombie server is a bad choice, just that perhaps you should ask us the players what we would want to see.
My opinion is pretty much in the quote.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Thierry Henry wrote:I can pretty much agree with YaY.
We've already got a zombie server and I don't really get the idea of making a fun zombie server which looks pretty similiar to each other.
The fact is, it's not meant to be even close to similar. This new server is supposed to bring a fun type of gameplay which obviously doesn't involve camping just like the other server. Also, it's to give more variety of maps which can't be played in the normal server and if people get bored then they can just move on to the fun server.

Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

Starzy wrote:
Thierry Henry wrote:I can pretty much agree with YaY.
The fact is, it's not meant to be even close to similar. This new server is supposed to bring a fun type of gameplay which obviously doesn't involve camping just like the other server. Also, it's to give more variety of maps which can't be played in the normal server and if people get bored then they can just move on to the fun server.
It's like saying, if I'm bored of a dust2 public server, I go to other dust2 public server.
Ofcourse it's possible but what's the logic?
Different maps, Less camping, if that's all the difference between the regular and fun zombie server then I don't really see it as necessary.
Anyway, since it's a test period yet we'll see what Pukata and others make out of it, hopefully a good succes for nD.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
PiKaChu

Post by PiKaChu »

try opening a nightcrawler server its awesome! xD
These users thanked the author PiKaChu for the post:
wei
sILAZS#uNLEASHED

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

The server doesn't really have a goal or achievements to do. I'd rather see a FUN server, like the DM but with normal rounds or DM where its everyone vs everyone.

Return to “Old News”