[Accepted] Due to popular demand

All accepted Applications are stored here.
Tomato
VIP

Re: Due to popular demand

Post by Tomato »

Yes we need strict members and jellow is the man i see nothing wrong with him.

And he has been member on nD before so YES FOR ME
Bonkers
nD* Jail Member

Post by Bonkers »

That's a tough one.
Jellow, maybe first of all some general personal impressions I got from you over the time we shared together here at nD.
The first really interactions between us two were your replies to my member application. You were basically the only one who really gave me some contra and listed up rather critical points. At first I was all angry and a bit set off, why the heck this dude would make me seem bad on my apply, what is it with this guy?! But during our conversations I realised that you were only telling the truth there and that this fact made me angry, not your words. You gave me points to really think about, which got me into a better position and direction to achieve what I was aiming for. That kind of honesty has gotten really rare these days and I appreciate your opinions on running topics, since they're like the salt in the wound because sometimes truth can hurt.
Anyways, just like Lien and you allready have expressed, you seem to kinda've lost interest and dedication to the communities wealth due to personal disagreements with admins decisions, therefore forcing you to quit the team. In my honest opinion that really was some childish behaviour right there and I thought different of you. You allready said that you can act immature sometimes but in the second I've read your leaving post, I knew you would regret that decision due to the nagging helplessness towards missbehaving Doucheheads. Apapa took similar actions to similar reasons and he was not dedicated to it either. Just like you, he was completely honest about it without trying to shade the truth. But without dedication Im afraight your second attempt might end where Apa's did. Could be complete bs since you're two different kind of persons but I'm just trying to draw parallels to similar events.
Besides those hypothetical points, your ability to handle a full jailbreak server on your own is out of question. You deal with missbehavers with such a cold, logical reasoning that anyone can be completely sure things will run smoothly on the upcoming jB session since Jellow is there to handle shit. You know the rules like your own front pocket and you got tons of jB experience which you know how to present. So questioning myself if it would be productive to give you back your nD privileges, I have to say: Jep. Your kind of authority is required around here and it saddens me to think of a frustrated Jellow sitting in his cell getting pissed of by some kid without being capable of doing anything against it.
But, as I told you before, in my opinion it's the lack of dedication that you clearly admit which is what I think will break your neck. Your whole apply seems to be like some self-sacrifice because "someone gotta do the job", more than a application to a Counter-Strike Mod Community which was created for fun and for the lulz. But it seems to me that it's not really fun and lulz for you anymore. You said that recent admins decisions changed your opinion towards admins skills, but on the other hand you clearly mentioned in your application that you don't give several craps about the collaborative aspects of memberships "duties". So I ask myself: Should Jellow be in the jail team? On the one hand yes, due to your positive aspects mentioned before. But I'm not nD*Jail so I'm more like the person who's all like: Man, I'm just happy I don't gotta work with this dude, chillaxing in my lovely Fun Team. On the other hand it's the same reason why I'm fine with seeing you in the nD-team since I'm not nD*Jail for no reason, and when I join Jailbreak, noticing (Member-)Jellow is playing, I can be sure to enjoy a structured, controlled jailbreak experience. In the end that's why I play the game in the first place.
That reply was honest, just as you were honest to me Jellow. I won't end it with some black'n'white-alike yes or no. Those are my thoughts about this whole thing here and I hope you can do something with them just as I could with yours.
Have a good afternoon and hope to see you ingame, Jellow!
These users thanked the author Bonkers for the post (total 4):
Jellow, Konijn, Queijo da Serra, Spoderman
Cognitive reflection means nothing less but the universe getting aware of itself.
If we both talk to eachother about cognitive reflection,
the universe talks with itself about itself, reflecting itself by itself about it's own selfreflection.
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Spoiler!
Pros:

- Mature
- One of the best members there were before.
- Clearly has the competency needed as he was admin materia
- Speaks his mind as it is.

Cons :

- Takes too rash decisions
- His dedication is somewhat lacking sometimes.
In the past, you were easily one of the best person in nD that I believe could've reached Admin pretty quickly, that says a lot about your competence. The only issue was that you disagreed with the admin meetings and gradually stopped caring over time and ever since then degraded which is a shame. I do think though that you can't expect someone to keep the same motivation up if he disagrees with everything happening and not feeling like people listen to his opinion, it's logical but perhaps you should've thought about it more before leaving.

All in all, if I had to give you a vote I'd say yes, I believe you'd do good and become one of the best members nD has/had very quickly again.

ShAl' D. told me this last year, I believe that this is a perfect time to use it for you aswell:
Spoiler!
Please, try to talk to someone of the staff before acting the stupid way. Like this you might be able value your viewpoint and to avoid problems in the same time.
ZnK

Post by ZnK »

Oh ho, i like this.

Ban this fags who are trolling and always crying that they dident get any warning, ban ban ban.
GuuhaN

Post by GuuhaN »

those paragraphs bonkers.... :p

Yes, every other member nowadays are too softy and I think someone like jellow will help them to rise their dongers.
Spoiler!
Mati

Post by Mati »

I opened this topic by accident, but kept reading (I usually don't read applications, don't worry though, I also don't partake in recruitment decisions). I'm positively surprised by the quality of (most) responses.

Anyway, your application is pretty interesting, I like it a lot compared to the usual pretending, even though it also diminishes your chances by a bit. It should be posivitely taken into account though, because in your case, we have a better overview of your "real self". No bullshitting, no fake-advertising, and thus better judgements can be made.

Your selfish approach isn't all that bad, because if you increase the gameplay quality for yourself, you also do so for others, as you are capable of moderating properly. And this is what jailbreak needs. It needs some strict and harsh authority cleaning up the game properly, as compared to the constant "doing nothing" and endless warnings. But that's just one side. The other one is, managing a friendly atmosphere by using good forms. And this is your biggest con. Notice newbies, keep a friendly tone if it's possible, teach other people things. Discuss things. Empathy, communication, and to some degree friendlyness are important characteristics for members as well. Sure there are incompetent idiots, and troublemakers that just need harsh handling. But there are also newbies, interested people, normal players, members trying to do a good service, and so on - and these persons get excluded by your selfish approach. I'm not sure if this big con is worth the proper cleanup and moderation, but I can easily imagine that this is also badly needed.

If you could reconsider some of your behavior and would be wiling to also operate on levels other than "personal gameplay interest", you should be a great asset. If not, I rather doubt it. And by that I don't mean discussing endlessly with every idiot, and trying to fake niceness to every random douche. By that, I just mean keeping a basic level of empathy and communication willingness, for when it's needed.

Also, you said you don't wanna partake in member meetings. But why? You can voice your opinion on shitty things you want to change. This is a point I didn't really get.

GL.
These users thanked the author Mati for the post:
MADLIFE!
lol
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

So as said, I want membership for the powers, I will not try to improve gameplay, I will not attend meetings and I will not magicly become a super nice guy towards everyone. I want this to remove abusers that annoy me from the game. So if accepted do not expect anything more then less abusers/trolls/cheaters.

I think most people who said yes didn't fully read the whole thing and being a member only to kick people that annoy you out of the server but not helping the others in the least, defeats the purpose of membership. Just my 0.02$ gl
Image Image
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

Jumps7yl3r wrote:
So as said, I want membership for the powers, I will not try to improve gameplay, I will not attend meetings and I will not magicly become a super nice guy towards everyone. I want this to remove abusers that annoy me from the game. So if accepted do not expect anything more then less abusers/trolls/cheaters.

I think most people who said yes didn't fully read the whole thing and being a member only to kick people that annoy you out of the server but not helping the others in the least, defeats the purpose of membership. Just my 0.02$ gl
If hes kicking the annoying players to improve his own gameplay, he will improve the gameplay for the rest of the players aswell. So yes, I believe that everyone did read the whole thing.
-----------------
Jellow, you've got my vote! I know I'm not online anymore, but you did a great job back when I was still playing.
These users thanked the author Spiitzz for the post:
Jellow
SiX

Post by SiX »

This is a really tough one for me.

I do remember what a nice member you were. Always there to support people having it tough even when not being member.
You're active, you moderate, you report, you know the rules, people know you and you can command and all this. You do really have alot of major possitives.

But what concerns me is that when things isn't going your way you just simply quit. You give it all up and just stops caring.
You haven't shown yourself as a good rolemodel either regarding the commanding part.
Your attitude were most like "As a member I shouldn't command to get accepted" and you just kept on following this instead of showing out how stuff should be dealt with.
It feels like you're trying to indirectly throw dirt on Maltazard by saying something like that which you even pointed out that he doesn't command, aswell as holding something like @Maltazardmode in your name.
I honestly think that's a rather immature way just because it's not possible to agree, bringing them up as an exemple in different circumstances.
That's why I'm surprised as I expected you of everyone to cope with it differently.
Dangan

Post by Dangan »

I know that feeling, when I watch the jailbreak sometimes.
if I really must use the form, I will agree on Maki.

Usually I ain't posting on applications, because of clear opinion
voiced out, but I found this quite interesting application.
Maki's opinion reflects mine the best if I use pro's and con's, but
generally speaking here is the reason why I say yes:

I like Jellow's way of handling rulebreakers. No bullshitting, just 100% action,
when it's needed. Exactly what jailbreak is lacking on a bit atm.
Much like MAD's usage of powers and handling trolls.

tl dr; So yes please, one of the best members in-game, if not best. Lacks a bit in
"creative" / dedication areas, but certainly does great job.
nBi

Post by nBi »

Would pretty much go with some part of Mati's, and a part of Bonkers reply here.
There is not much more to say, the way you were as member is
probably the way for you and worked good as well.
So try to keep that track and good luck.
Last edited by nBi on Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dArra;]

Post by dArra;] »

Like people already said, you was a good member in past and I don't think you has changed that much. Yes, you have my support.

"No one dies a virgin, life fucks us all"
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Mati wrote:Also, you said you don't wanna partake in member meetings. But why? You can voice your opinion on shitty things you want to change. This is a point I didn't really get.
Due to the fact that I have no faith that the outcome of the meeting will influence admins in any way. I voiced my oppinion on shitty things plenty of times, most of them are still as shitty as they have ever been.
(besides that the jailmeetings have a total of 2-3 members showing up every time, therefore I believe every member has my mindset, I'm just the only one truthfull about it.)
SiX wrote: But what concerns me is that when things isn't going your way you just simply quit. You give it all up and just stops caring.
Thats the whole point of my application. It shows that my caring stops at the gameplay in the server. I will not try to come up with new idea's or improvements, I won't join meetings and vote on things I feel like won't be changed anyway. There is nothing for me to care about just my own gameplay (and as Spitzz mentioned, this will improve everyone's gameplay, nobody needs abusers).
SiX wrote:You haven't shown yourself as a good rolemodel either regarding the commanding part.
Your attitude were most like "As a member I shouldn't command to get accepted" and you just kept on following this instead of showing out how stuff should be dealt with.
It feels like you're trying to indirectly throw dirt on Maltazard by saying something like that which you even pointed out that he doesn't command, aswell as holding something like @Maltazardmode in your name.
I honestly think that's a rather immature way just because it's not possible to agree, bringing them up as an exemple in different circumstances.
My commanding is still as good as it gets (when I command). I don't start simon, I don't play cagegames. I use the map and I keep things going, people don't wait for longer then needed and they have fun while playing. I would challenge you to upload a demo of my commanding that suggests anything else.

And as for Maltazard, he clearly stated during his application and at the moment he got membership that he would improve on his commanding, this would be more and of a better level. This was utter and complete nonesence, since he doesn't even try (atleast not at the times me or anyone in my friendslist is there). That's why I make fun of him, since his form of moderation is laughable. And my name is not only directed at him personally (ofcourse he can't take it any different then personally cuz its his name), but its also directed at the admins mindset. To make them see that people that keep this sort of gameplay are far from usefull as far as moderation and gameplay improvement is considered (My name now is no longer @maltazard mode, since east stated he will take charge + the descission of of maltazard being a full member, instead of a trail has been made and can't be reversed).
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

plz YES. No need for pro's and con's sence most have been said.
bis

Post by bis »

Instant yes for me, I don't know why everyone is arguing over a league of legends character (Maltazard) but idk maybe I don't know the full story.
Jellow,
Positives
Cool guy
Can take a joke
Strict as a CT which is good since he has a balance of being fun/mature
Previous member
English
Spoiler!
Cba to list the rest since I just got in but any other positive would be here.
Once again a yes from me, he was a member before, he had his reasons for leaving but now he sees the current gameplay in JB he would like to make a change for his own gameplay and everyone elses, good luck, you deserve it.

Return to “Accepted Applications”