Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

User avatar
sILAZS#uNLEASHED
Posts: 859
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by sILAZS#uNLEASHED »

NETTOBEAR wrote:
East Clubber wrote:What happened to you Netto?
Did you hit your head?

Since you left all your posts on this forum have been nonsense.
And the rest of this forum that people say is not full of nonsense?
http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=114&t=19272

Here is your "Leaving thread".

Now leave and take your negativity with you.
Good bye and good riddance!
This is how you are acting
Spoiler!
Image

On Topic:

I'm glad East received the message and I hope for a better result(esp the achievements on assault) in the next meeting.

Gratz to the people who got accepted en passed their trial. Welcome to the team, and I believe you are all a good addition to the team.

Hang in there to the people who got extented, you are up for the job ;) !

Now let's keep this community alive and kicking ;)
These users thanked the author sILAZS#uNLEASHED for the post:
Veghan
User avatar
Dangan
Posts: 3319
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:18 pm
Has thanked: 62 times
Been thanked: 49 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by Dangan »

For Netto's defense: As a member or when applying for the position you have to take lot's of bull and letting
the steam out can be considered as a con and reason to decline the application or trial. So during member
that "steam" sort of just piles up and when you are not member anymore --> You release the steam and
care very little about anything on the server or forums forward.

Dunno if this applies for Netto, but I've been there myself at least and I'd say I'm not the only one
who have felt this way either. This "phase" should go over though within time I guess


Congratulations for the ones accepted. I don't know the situation of Beast really.
I kinda was against Beast getting accepted for some odd reason, but i think
he would have done great in the end or at least he could have been given a chance for the trial. - Wish you good luck for next apply if you will make one.

For Maltazard: Yeah it was kinda surprising for me also to see him getting accepted, but he has proven to be able to handle it
and works his ass off at least from what I can tell.


I can see the gap building between community and community admins. I disagree with some of the decisions done lately and agree on Jellow with this.
It ain't easy being an admin from the looks of it tough and they must be doing something right to keep the community running for so many years after
CS 1.6 "being dead".
User avatar
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin
Posts: 15560
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Been thanked: 653 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by Shadi »

Dangan wrote:For Netto's defense: As a member or when applying for the position you have to take lot's of bull and letting
the steam out can be considered as a con and reason to decline the application or trial. So during member
that "steam" sort of just piles up and when you are not member anymore --> You release the steam and
care very little about anything on the server or forums forward.
Yes, I often feel this and want to let the steam out but it's not because I'm an admin I wanna withhold my steam. It's the fact that I don't want to annoy others. I never ever recall you being annoying member or not, in fact one of my favourite members and regulars of all time is you.
Dangan wrote: For Maltazard: Yeah it was kinda surprising for me also to see him getting accepted, but he has proven to be able to handle it
and works his ass off at least from what I can tell.
Thanks, I feel like more people should try to give him a chance and actually see he does stuff but barely gets noticed for it.
Dangan wrote: I can see the gap building between community and community admins. I disagree with some of the decisions done lately and agree on Jellow with this.
It ain't easy being an admin from the looks of it tough and they must be doing something right to keep the community running for so many years after
CS 1.6 "being dead".
Thanks, well it could be that we did something right and that now it is being wrong. But we'll try to fix that.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
kami (GER]
Posts: 4317
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by kami (GER] »

never going to report again. kthxbye
These users thanked the author kami (GER] for the post:
Spiitzz
Image Image
Black Leader
Posts: 1360
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:44 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by Black Leader »

kami (GER] wrote:never going to report again. kthxbye
Ok.

People should stop acting though and try to come up with a resolution. There are some nice and constructive posts in this topic but some people take it too far trying to act cool, pls stop it
Image
kami (GER]
Posts: 4317
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by kami (GER] »

Bullshit.
Image Image
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by Lien~ »

kami (GER] wrote:Bullshit.
Can you explain why you're not going to report anymore? Only then I can respond to it.
kami (GER]
Posts: 4317
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by kami (GER] »

Treatening your old good regulars worser than the trolls and rulebreakers.
Image Image
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by Lien~ »

kami (GER] wrote:Treatening your old good regulars worser than the trolls and rulebreakers.
I assume you are talking about the xPeke report? My apologies if you feel treated worse than the latter you mentioned, that was not my intention.

You have to realise that watching footage of almost 2 hours long is (how ridiculous it may sound) a pain to do. If you pinpoint the moments where the admin that'll handle the case should look at, it'll make the job a lot easier. After all, we should try to work together, right? Or at least try to work along so the process wouldn't have to take so long. Also, this is not the first time that people have been asked to pinpoint their proof, neither will it be the last time. This 'rule' does not only count for you, it counts for each and every individual that wants to report someone.

That said I don't quite get why you feel treated different than the others. I watched the demos and although xPeke broke the rules, nowhere was he warned or told not to do so (yeah, we know he knows the rules but it's standard procedure to warn regardless..). Either way, I decided to give him a warning for his behaviour because I did not find it justified to ban him, especially not seeing he wasn't the only one in-game that misbehaved. There were more than 10 people in-game and all were having fun despite the fact they were, one by one, breaking the rules.

If I would've had a harsh character by following the rules precisely on the dot, I could've ended up banning at least 7 of them. But that's not the way it works. They were having fun, it was late at night. No one was bothered apart from you. Now, if you would've let it be without doing anything back, the credibility of your proof would have been so high, you would have empowered your demos by doing nothing but just warning/telling them to stop - that alone would have been enough for me to strike the guy. You however didn't do/try anything to stop him from breaking the rules. Some moments, it even came over as if you were feeding him. Provoking him in a way any person would get pissed off and cross the line (still, I'm not saying he was right because he wasn't!)

How can you expect me to ban someone, that is regardless of breaking some rules late at night which he is by now clearly warned for, when you were participating in that whole thing just as bad as anyone else? I might sound harsh, and that is not my intention at all but you'll have to realise that I can't just sit on the rules and ban everyone that comes along if they don't play by them. That would be ridiculous not to mention it would end up in us having a server with no more than a handful of people that all play by the rules which is least to say, quite boring and far from what we as a community aim for.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping/looking for, but I can't make it any nicer than this, I'm sorry.
kami (GER]
Posts: 4317
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by kami (GER] »

As you said and thought i used the mic to warn him. If it is provoking to tell him he aint allowed to do what he was doing, then i provoked the whole thing.
Image Image
User avatar
Lien~
Posts: 13998
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 545 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by Lien~ »

kami (GER] wrote:As you said and thought i used the mic to warn him. If it is provoking to tell him he aint allowed to do what he was doing, then i provoked the whole thing.
Why did you not include that in your report-post? If you know your own voice isn't included when you're the one making the demo, why didn't you warn him in the chat? Even if it was just once ''Punjabi, stop it or..''. This is not you standing trial here, so don't take it personal please. Whatever happened, happened and we should all learn from it. Pinpoint the moments and warn where you can (so that it's directly included in the proof) and the report instantly becomes easier to handle. You've been a member before kami, you know exactly how everything works. I'll rest my case now, I just hope you won't feel attacked or mistreated as that was and is not my intention at all nor is this the correct topic to discuss this any further. You can however PM me if you wish to continue this conversation.
User avatar
Karn
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:55 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by Karn »

When you just don't play cs for a while or when you are away from the community for few days or weeks and you get back and you see all of that happening , people writing long texts about someone getting accepted in a virtual gaming community , people whining about changes in a gaming server and using all the arguments to defend their opinion , people getting mad over such really small and silly things in their life which is nothing but gaming: I MEAN GAMING SYNONYM OF HAVING FUN , people hating , literraly hating each other virtually , I just take a step back and start giggling.

But after all, we don't know whats so special about this community and sometimes we don't know why we're doing all of this , maybe because we grew here , and because we had so many great moments here so I'm not blaming anyone for taking their time and expressing their opinions loudly , but please while doing that , we should have this background in our heads saying that the first thing why we got here is to have fun and nothing else but fun.

Regarding of what I think of these changes , and so many others in the last admin meetings , is that the Admin team are kinda imposing things when things should be discussed , the opinions of regulars/members really lost it value , and the Idea's/Projects/Suggestions section is full with really awesome idea's that arent really given an importance, as for the recruitement of members , I really lost hope a long time ago regarding members criterias cause with every meeting they just go down and down , i'm really surprised Beast didn't get accepted cause with all objectivity he is the best candidate out there, good luck everyone !
These users thanked the author Karn for the post (total 4):
Ninja kayZ, KyuHyunie~, RazoR', Edo ツ
User avatar
JTc
Posts: 1058
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:04 pm
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by JTc »

gz all
<.<
User avatar
gucci
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by gucci »

wait wat??>?? kami stopped recording? hallelujah!! finally, no more police officers
kami (GER]
Posts: 4317
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 203 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by kami (GER] »

everytime the server atmosphere etc is getting better an admin has to come to the server, not saying names (koy, uhu), and destroy it. bending rules, not listening and doing as they want to.
say thanks to these idiots for making this community a place noone can enjoy.
Image Image
Locked

Return to “Old News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests