SLS

Re: Admin meeting outcome 4/11/2013

Post by SLS »

Congratz!
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

Jellow wrote:
Lien~ wrote:I get that some things might not mirror your initial thoughts and feelings but decisions were made and are, unfortunately, irreversible. I would like to remind you guys that we've had cases like these before, were people got accepted/extended/declined when the majority in fact did not agree. I understand where some of you are coming from and tried talking to most of yous already, all I can ask for is try to let it sink in and see how things will go from here on.
How about you (as an admin team) let sink in the fact that 80% of the posts in this topic so far are your everyday regulars and current members that are utterly disappointed in your decisions again. Every month you get the same sort of feedback on those decisions and I'm 100% sure you know how the majority will feel about then when you debate them, so how about you let the fact sink in that people don't agree with what you decide and maybe those are the people that these decisions affect the most.

And informing people you are deciding something that is complete bull does not mean we should blatantly accept it.

Jellow for president! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
ivanici

Post by ivanici »

Gratz all
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

Can I just ask what has enraged the masses to this degree?
Boab The BUILDER

Post by Boab The BUILDER »

East Clubber wrote:Can I just ask what has enraged the masses to this degree?
Maltazard being accepted and beast being declined by a random guess..?
SiX

Post by SiX »

What's been decided is decided and won't be reversed.
Some of you're happy about it, some of you feel that things should have been coped with differently.

But I don't see why so many are hostile towards Maltazard.
As much as I'm concerned, there has only been one complain about an incident he didn't even know was wrongfully done.
Mistakes happens everyone and there's a whole lot different if what happened was accidental or intentional.
Thus the complain was vip related, not member related.

The admins obviously sees faith in him and if they decided to let him stay they must have a reason for that.
As much as I agree with them, I see him fitting in just fine.
These users thanked the author SiX for the post:
SoeSope
Coby

Post by Coby »

-
Last edited by Coby on Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:=)
some people make it rain…. but im so chill i make it snow.
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

Boab wrote:
According to admins who played with him he has done a sufficient job.
Yes he doesn't really command (which should be communicated to him by now), but moderatingwise (+ other areas) he is doing well enough to have his trial end in a good manner.
You could then argue that his trial at least should be extended because he doesn't use his mic or doesn't moderate in a degree like other members do, but this was how the votes ended up.

Beast was declined because admins don't see him as a member the way he plays now and haven't noticed him moderate + cons from his application.

Those are the reasons.
SoeSope

Post by SoeSope »

Gratz for the accepted players!
Declined players dont give up and keep ya head up there is always a second chance!
Run for the death
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

East Clubber wrote:
Boab wrote:
Yes he doesn't really command (which should be communicated to him by now), but moderatingwise (+ other areas) he is doing well enough to have his trial end in a good manner.
You could then argue that his trial at least should be extended because he doesn't use his mic or doesn't moderate in a degree like other members do, but this was how the votes ended up.

Beast was declined because admins don't see him as a member the way he plays now and haven't noticed him moderate + cons from his application.

Those are the reasons.
We both know how things were the meeting he got accepted. How the votes before the admins had their meeting and what the outcome was.

In my eyes and I assume in yours maltazard is still 100% the same as he was at that time, he moderates from time to time and he posts some stuff on the forums but thats not what the community seeks in a member. There you must understand there is some sort of barrier between what you admins decide and what we (the community of playing members and regulars) expect.

In my eyes you as a team have completely stopped listening to us and are just not ready to admit it yet. Which is comepletely fine if thats how you want to do things, its ur powers to handle, but then stop acting like this is a democracy in any way.
These users thanked the author Jellow for the post:
Boab The BUILDER
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

yes
Juni0r

Post by Juni0r »

Goodjob Veghan and Maltazard :)

Deserved.
ImageImage

"I wonder if heaven got a ghetto"
apapaoemama

Post by apapaoemama »

I don't see any reason to keep maltazard as a member.

Other then that Congratz to all
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

As a sidenote I will personally be chairman for the next adminmeeting(s) and make sure everything is discussed in detail.
I see you guys concern and I think it's time for admins (myself included) to step up.
These users thanked the author East Clubber for the post (total 8):
Coby, Jellow, Veghan, Boab The BUILDER, KyuHyunie~, Путинтебяобстрелит, Spiitzz, SenSei
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

East Clubber wrote:
Boab wrote:

The thing is however, most of the cons were about doubts behind him punishing his friends. After that two people have mentionned some more serious cons which you can't however really judge without playing a decent amount of time.

It would be better if you were to elaborate which cons exactly as you mention them on his application but it was nothing that could keep someone from getting member.

What do you believe makes a good member nowadays? Everyone seemed to like B7's personality, commanding and his behaviour lately. He was named as a favorite by some of the most active Jailbreak members and so on.

The issue being here:

You don't listen to the community, its members and regulars. You leave the decision to two or three admins that have an okay but not enough playtime to observe everyone. You don't rely on the community's opinion and REFUSE TO GIVE A CHANCE to someone based on very slim cons. You often require time for things to happen and often are too careful which leads to decision taking a bit too much time.

There are a lot of flaws in the way Admins have been thinking, I also see people being very motivated early on as an admin but feel like no matter how much effort they put into changing some admin's mindset, they cannot and thus drop in motivation. If you do not open the doors to new options and you do not wish to listen to new ways of thinking, you'll head right into a wall as everything change with time even if your mindset does not.

I do not necessarily agree with everything people whine about but there is truth behind their words when a large majority of the caring people get annoyed to this extent, think again about the way you're seeing things and try to realise what you're doing wrong. This will atleast help things go forward a little bit.

Return to “Old News”