[Declined] Boab The Builder.

All declined Applications are stored here.
Boab The BUILDER

Boab The Builder.

Post by Boab The BUILDER »

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:16899395
Nickname: Boab.
Sex: Male
Experience Level: Unfortunately none besides helping out moderating and reviewing CS war matches in around 2005-2006. Have never really had any "power" to wield since then.
Average amount of time spent per day: Well, It can fluctuate but normally around 4 hours a day, sometimes as low as 2 but usually 4 and up to 5-8 when I have nothing better to do in the day.
Spoiler!
a link to my gametracker profile to see daily/weekly/monthly activity http://www.gametracker.com/player/Boab. ... 9.1:27015/

When did I start playing on nD servers: Well I just randomly came across them around April this year I think, After a 3 year break from CS (Il tell everyone thats why Im so bad :oops: )
Do you have a working mic: Yes I do.
After answering these questions, please provide a brief introduction of your life (hobbies, studies etc.) as well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers.
About Boab.

Hello nD community. To start off, My name is Paul, and as most of you who have heard me, It isnt hard to guess that im born and raised in Scotland. I have just finished off secondary school, And I am going to do a 2 year college course in accountancy, Then hopefully onto university. I also enjoy playing alot of sports. I used to play football frequently with my friends on 5 a side football courts until I flared up a hip problem I have had for years which I have started to attend physiotherapy for. And they say its a long term problem and I cannot play sports competitively for a least a few years or I risk damaging my tendons and ligaments seriously (or something im not a physio). My ambition is to succeed in the business world, work through uni, get a degree and either go to a firm to work professionally as an accountant or using my skills to form my own business, But plans may change I suppose :) Other than that I just play CS due to having alot of spare time on my hands, I used to play PS3 alot, And I have found myself to be very good at driving simulators, At one time I held a number of records on Project Gotham Racing 4 and the Forza Motorsport series, But they have probably been long surpassed now.

My motivation to join the Jail team

Well, First of all, I play usually at late hours of the night, And I try to preach the rules as and when I can, If I notice people breaking rules that I know of, I let them know it is an offense, But what I find is I more likely ignored or simply told "why what are you going to do about it". I have on many occasion called in a member or the teams to deal with certain situations as it has become my experience that even if you can do something as simple as using the warn function members have available to them, They are alot more likely to step back in line then simply repeating the rules to them waiting for them to leave or a member or admin to join. Another point based on this. I would like the chance for people in this community to see me also and someone they can ask to come in and solve a situation or moderate as effectively as I can, I find I am at the stage somewhat in commanding at times, Im usually asked to go ct by some people at night (or im the first to volunteer) simply because I command or because they find my accent funny. Second of all, Jail is one of the most popular servers in the nD group, I notice of course at this time there are alot of people in the jail team, But there is always times when there is no members or only one in server even when there are large numbers, So I would like to be there as a member to support other members in times where the server can get chaotic and with one member trying to keep the peace in a full server or resolve a dispute and pay attention to the rest of the game while still moderating efficiently can sometimes prove difficult and stressful as I have been told and observed.

To round off, I made this application as quickly as I felt needed to make sure I get as much feedback as possible and as much time for me to correct faults you have noticed and prove to you that I am worthy of the chance to help the server out. Thanx from BOAB THE BUILDER.
Lien~

Re: Boab The Builder.

Post by Lien~ »

Pros

- You have the right age to apply (tbh, I thought you were much older than 17)
- Well written and lengthy application
- Perfect English
- You are active ingame
- You know the rules although you could get yourself more into it imo
- You have a mic and you know how to command (look neutrals)
- You're a nice and friendly guy

Neutrals

- You command but you often use foul language; 'Go to the fucking wall', 'Shut up, I'm fucking commanding'.... (not that hard to fix.)
- You troll sometimes, now I don't mind but I have seen/heard people that don't like it/the way you respond to them.
- Your forum activity is ok but definitely not what it should be. Try working on this please.
- You haven't made any reports. It's not a must when it comes to jb, but it would be better to at least show us that you know what to do in certain situations.

Cons

- You can be very cocky, whatever you do is right in your opinion. You don't like to be told.
- Sometimes you can be too boisterous. Not that hard to fix though, just calm down and count to 12.
- You tend to use your mic a tad too often, whether it as being a dead CT or a T. Mostly to joke/have fun but still...
- I haven't seen you break up fights/try to solve a conflict/issue/argument between people.
- I haven't seen you help out people, I do see you explain the rules here and there but not in a way that it shows that you really want to become a member.

Conclusion

Hey Boab, you're a nice lad and I enjoy playing with you. You are very lively, probably the Scottish air you breathe in (all my Scottish mates are like that :p) and you bring a good vibe whenever you join the server. You command and people seem to enjoy it. You could try to bring more variety to your days though but that's not a awful big of a deal. There are some things that bother me and I'm not sure if others share my opinion but I hope you are willing to work on the mentioned neutrals and cons. I don't quite get the impression you really want this, I don't see you work for it. I do see some nice qualities and it wouldn't be fair to completely bring you down on easy-to-fix cons and neutrals so I will therefor give you a blank for now. We just had the meeting so you have a full period to improve yourself and show noticeable results. If so, I will re-vote when the time is ready, if not I will leave it as a blank. I wish you the best of luck with your application and feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss it or need any help!
Wongerz

Post by Wongerz »

Pros
-Good rule knowledge
-Active in-game
-Really detailed and lengthy application which is good
-Good commander and you can use it
-Nice, friendly and funny person to play with
-English is understandable (but sometimes ishy cause I am English I have difficulties sometimes so sorry)

Neutrals
-Forum activity needs a boost
-Reports I Guess

Cons
-Microphone spamming it can be funny but don't please in future as dead ct especially
-You can rage a bit
-Very knew to this community I guess
-I didn't know till I saw you in June so I guess you need to stand out to the crowd more

Conclusion
Hay boab you are really nice and friendly guy and I do understand why you want this if you improve on your cons and neutrals I think you have a great chance of becoming member you are funny but yeah I know this is quite short but good luck to your application though. Its going to be blank for now sorry GOOD LUCK!!!
Thanks for reading
jubia
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Pros
- English

Neutrals
- Reports, could you do a proper one?
- Rule knowledge, not member level > I don't blame you, you're kinda new
- overall knowledge of the jb server, not member level. ^

Cons
- Moderation

Conclusion
It's too soon since you lack alot of qualities which you need to be a member, don't worry though, if you wait a few more weeks and try hard you will definetely get membership.
These users thanked the author Decency for the post:
Pr0Gr4mm4
Boab The BUILDER

@ decency, lien and jubia: I have actually made 2 reports and both got accepted, However they were not in the JB section I thank you three for giving me good things to work on, I will work on most of the easy things immediately, Such as mic spamming and such, Although I would say to yourself Lien, After you told me before, I have been trying to fix it and it isnt as easy as you think ;) Although of course that is no excuse. However, I see most of you put down moderating as con for me, Obviously Im not challenging your opinion as of course you guys have reason for putting it there, But if you ever find yourself on more late night/early morning, I would like to see If you see a difference in my moderation "activity" as such, I tend to do alot more when there is less or no members around as I have been told before simply to let the members there deal with them :P But thanks! I hope you all see an improvement that I will strive to show you :D
Veghan

Post by Veghan »

Hello there Boab, i don't know you that good but it i will try to write my things down.

Pro's:
  • Friendly guy ; always laugh
  • Active in game
  • You have the right age (i thought you were older 0_o)
  • English is understandable ^-^
Neutrals:
  • I think lien already mentioned it, but your commanding is sometimes a bit 'weird'. Some people like it some don't. But i think it isn't just something you should do. I mean with this saying stuff that are not needed. (you know what i mean)
  • You should stand more out to the crowd.
  • Pretty new to the community (didn't knew you until like this month?)
  • Reports, this is not something you have to do a lot in the JB server but still.
Cons
  • Mic spamming: I see you doing this now and then, especially when you are dead. Just don't spam the mic. There is no need for because if one does it the others will follow and then you create a mess in the server.
  • Forum activty is pretty low, you have to be activer on the forums.
  • Try to listen too others when they say something. You're not always right.
  • Moderate more, i don't saw you doing this and that's something you should do more often.
Conclusion:

Hey there Boab, i like it when you command because you bring some atmosphere then but i still think you are not ready too become a member yet. You are a decent command, nice guy and lovely too play with and always up for a laugh. You should work on the neutrals and cons and maybe i will change my mind at the end of the month. But at this moment my vote will be Blank.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Boab wrote:I thank you three for giving me good things to work on, I will work on most of the easy things immediately, Such as mic spamming and such, Although I would say to yourself Lien, After you told me before, I have been trying to fix it and it isnt as easy as you think ;)
I know, it takes time. But if you really want this is not going to stop you from improving yourself.
Boab wrote:But if you ever find yourself on more late night/early morning, I would like to see If you see a difference in my moderation "activity" as such, I tend to do alot more when there is less or no members around as I have been told before simply to let the members there deal with them :P
I have been ingame a lot between 2-8 in the morning, undercover but still. And whatever you do then only backs up my prior post.

However, I am not going to completely bring you down for that, I know the nights are ok the throw in an extra joke or two. Just work on how you speak to people, it might scare them away. Imagine you being a new player, not known whatsoever or a kid and you join the server and hear the commander swearing lol. I wouldn't like that. Also, it's always good to work on yourself, improve yourself but there is no reason to change your personality because there is nothing wrong with yours. Don't change into a cop or become some lame-ass or so, there is no reason for that. Just think before you act and you should be fine! Good luck.
Edo ツ

Post by Edo ツ »

Hey buddy, i won't make a list out of this, i agree to the most things said above. From what i've seen you've got alot of will and heart. People enjoy having you on the server, you make the atmosphere so much better. I can't count all those times i've been asking to have you as a CT just to hear you commanding, it's just awesome! The scottish accent is so cool to listen too hehe

You definitely stand out of the crowd and show your appreciation to the server! You help out whenever someone asks about anything.

Your forum activity is good, you've been updated on the latest info and you've participated in some of the events, one was the talent show most recent which me, you and Ninja Kayz did a singing-trio to Bob the builder, it was very fun :lol:

You've been on the commanding sessions and i strongly believe you could moderate and be more helpful with that little nD tag in front of your nick since you know the rules better then parts of the jailbreak community, but it might be a little early since you haven't had any kind of experience from it before but i guess you'll learn quickly from the veterans and be able to handle it.

Everyone has got their pros and cons, everyone works on them and i'm pretty sure that you eventually will work up to those! You're a very helpful player and you could be a even better one when you start working on those cons. I'd have to say my vote at the moment is blank but since you are going to work on the cons, that actually aren't that hard to work on, i'd vote yes when the time is right. I strongly believe that within time you'll be a excellent member without any doubt =) :pray:

Good luck!
These users thanked the author Edo ツ for the post:
Ninja kayZ
Boab The BUILDER

Thanks, Much appreciated feedback :)
xeonnn»

Post by xeonnn» »

hi, boab de builjder..

Pros
- You have the required age to apply
- You know nearly most of the rules as I see you help out
- You've written a long and readable application
- You're active at the Jailbreak server
- Nice English
- A great person to play with
- You stand out of the crowd as you're boab de builjder
- A great working mic, you use it to command as CT and that kettle boiling sound every time you speak

Neutrals
- I guess you need to work on your anger issues, easy to fix cause I think you can
- Forum activity is pretty low but I guess it's easy to fix

Cons
- You tend to be quite cocky at sometimes
- Try to break up arguments, fights etc.
- You've got a kettle boiling sound every time you speak :trollface:

Conclusion
Overall, you're a very nice applicant for the nD*Jailbreak team, I think you'll do just fine and I also think that you're capable of handling a server but you just need to show that you can handle a server and try to break up fights/arguments. I think you stand out of the crowd alot as you're known as boab de builjder and you're very known throughout the nD servers, especially Jailbreak. I think you should also play around other servers, it's really essential but I think you should as you'll get to know alot more other people and hopefully they could give good feedback about you. Other than that, I guess you need to work on your temper issues and never to flame/swear anything whilst speaking. I'd vote blank as you need to work on your temper issues, and try to solve conflicts against each other members if they're arguing. However, the blank is leaning more over to a YES as you're a great applicant for the nD*Jail team. I wish you the best of luck with your application Boab je builjder!

Post by 25142 »

From what I have seen from you, you're constantly trying to outsmart members and trying to find flaws in the way they moderate - countless amounts of times i've had to explain to you why I did certain things yet you still persist on thinking you're right . Also you don't really take the game serious, your commanding style is hardly ever serious and you end up trying to be super funny without any real round actually going on. Your rule knowledge is questionable as like I mentioned you have broken the rules numerous times without realising . Also a final point is you come across maddd cocky, that is just annoying to anyone standard. This isn't a personal attack on you, I just think these points are important because they are vital cons that need to be fixed before you even think about applying for membership.

Not yet anyway, I don't see you as a jail moderator at this moment but i'm sure if you fix these cons you will have a good chance .
These users thanked the author 25142 for the post:
NETTOBEAR
Boab The BUILDER

Yes of course, I can completely understand that given what has happened between us especially, But I dont see why you should see it as "outsmarting", When I see someone doing something I saw as wrong I pull them up about it (at least recently) such what happened in the trampolines and such, If I notice I am wrong I accept it I dont continue to contest a point unless I think I am actually doing the right thing. I can also understand why you would say about my commanding style yes my rounds do seem to take long, But many people seem to enjoy it and at least from the views and feedback I have had on that specifically, Its a breath of fresh air compared to some other people who usually command so I dont really see why that particualrly has to change? , And im not contesting the last point of course, But can you guys please elaborate on how you find me cocky? Not saying your wrong of course, Just give me a starting point :P
Also, something you said I just specifically noticed, you said
Your rule knowledge is questionable as like I mentioned you have broken the rules numerous times without realising
You did not mention before that I have broken the rules numerous times without realising, Can you give me examples so I can improve on them/Avoid them for future
wei

Post by wei »

Pros

- Perfect English
- Active in game (Nights)
- You know the rules
- You have a mic and you know how to command
- You're a nice and friendly guy
- You help in game / Moderating

Neutrals

- Your forum activity is ok.
- Reports (?)

Cons

-I dont realy see any con.

Conclusion

Hey BOOAB!
You are a very nice person. I love to play with u. You bring a very lovely atmosphere when u join the server. Your commandings are good. Ofcourse u can do it better. :]
You are a good candidate for the Jailteam. Im sure u can/will handle the full server on ur own.
I never saw u raging or saying like "go to the fucking wall" o.O i hear it from another guy nicked "Assassin" but not from u, Boab.
You are a friendly and calmed down guy and im sure u will help out the Team.
You have my vote yes. Good luck with ur application, I hope u will get the membership :]
These users thanked the author wei for the post:
capitan pescanova
Don't be a Fake of an Original :]
My "Personality" and "Attitude" are differents things. Don't confuse them. My Personality says about "who I am" and my Attitude says about "who you are"
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Pros

+ Mediocre activity in-game

You have played 117h and 17m the last thirty days as of 15th of August 4:57 (CEST)
It's not absolutely amazing but I'd say it's way above what we'd require from you.
In addition, it seems to be at difficult times (night). :handgestures-thumbupright:

+ Communication abilities

Your punctuation is quite off. Other than that your English is beautiful. Your posts are detailed and you give a competent vibe when you type.

+ Commanding

Your commanding is always amusing; it's partially because of your infrequently heard (legendary) Scottish dialect.
You command often, you have a perfectly working mic and use it often.

+ Rule knowledge

You seem to be deeply into the jail rules and argue for/against when something is done wrong/right. (Although, mostly when it's done on/to you)

+ Amusing person

You bring a lot of joy and fun to JB.

+ Outstanding

You stand out of the crowd and easily attact attention to you.

+ Forum activity

I don't see how people can say you aren't forum active.
You don't post so much but you post in discussions/where it's important.
Even when it's not important you post and never that negative. (Your drawings are hilarious)

Neutrals

~ Misunderstood/Stubborn

What the people here mention about cockiness is that once you're involved in an argument; you keep going until the conclusion has been made clear. I don't think is with the intention of outsmarting them personally.
More a goal of reaching a conclusion/understanding so it doesn't happen again. Try to look up the rule and quote it rather than arguing. It creates a bad vibe on the server and removes people's fun.

~ Moderation

You only started moderating recently and it doesn't seem to be in your general interest.
This is an essential core facility we seek within members and definitely needs to be worked on.

~ Reports

I really couldn't care too much about how much you report ESPECIALLY for JB. However, I haven't seen you create one report on anything that could show me that you know when enough is enough. A cheater and a bug abuser only.

Bug abuser
Cheater

Cons

- Not that long-time regular

You recently just arrived to the community and it feels like this whole thing came in way too early.

- Stopping/starting problems

I have never ever seen you go in and try to stop an argument or fight, vice versa you kinda arouse them sometimes because of the aforementioned stubbornness.

- Recent dedication

Right now I see you as dedicated. BUT, we don't have to go too far into the past before we start finding times where you used to break rules frequently. However, I believe you've been growing fond of the community now. Thought I needed to have it included regardless of that.

Conclusion:

I'd say blank leaning to a yes. I like your current personality, it's unique and has great traits. It could bring some much needed variation into the nD* member team. So don't kill those virtues in order to receive member.

Good luck, BOAB THE BUILDER.

- Shadi.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
Boab The BUILDER
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Boab The BUILDER

Just for those reviewing or whatever, I have been arranging things for starting college so my activity will have dropped and will continue to do so for about a week :megusta:

Return to “Declined Applications”