dArra;]

Re: Admin meeting outcome 09/12/12 *2 NEW ADMINS*

Post by dArra;] »

Wooow shadi & koninj! well deserved!

"No one dies a virgin, life fucks us all"
Coby

Post by Coby »

Don't invole me in this pls jump.... Admins have their reasons, but jump improved a lot I must say. Ohwell, past is the past.
Gl to everyone, well deserved. N1 karn coming bacj from that past !
B.k :D wb !
:=)
some people make it rain…. but im so chill i make it snow.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

I love it, how Admins always say that 'They make all decisions for the community'. They make decisions to make the community better and are there to listen to the majority of people. Funny to see that Jumpstyler got kicked out then while knowing that he is loved by most. He may have made some screw ups, but of what I know, none of them are worth kicking him out. Also, there are members nowadays, or members that just left whom were twice as hard and direct as Jump. And jump sticks to what he thinks, he wont follow a certain crowd 'just to agree', he sticks to what he believes is the correct thing. And that is good for a member to have!

I dont want to sound harsh towards others, but there are members and old(skool) members that have done way worse than Jumpy and werent even on the 'consider to be kicked'-list. I agree on the rest, but on kicking out/not ending Jump's trail I dont. Once more proves that the first sentence I made is based on nothing.
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post (total 4):
Dangan, Jumps7yl3r, -Unstoppable-, Riotx
Spato

Post by Spato »

We make decisions based on what we think is best for the community. We listen to people and take thoughts into concideration but we have never claimed to put forward what the majority thinks.

Keep in mind that Jumps7yl3r was on a trial, making him not fully a member yet, meaning it's easier to be kicked than a standard member since he still has things to prove. Last month he was given a warning about improving on some certain aspects of his moderation and he had failed to do so in our eyes so how would we really motivate accepting him due to that? And if I recall, there was some complaints from the members regarding not listening to them, and about how useless the trial is since it doesn't really give any function, we also decided to listen to you and do something about it.
AIK <3
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Spato wrote:We make decisions based on what we think is best for the community. We listen to people and take thoughts into concideration but we have never claimed to put forward what the majority thinks.

Keep in mind that Jumps7yl3r was on a trial, making him not fully a member yet, meaning it's easier to be kicked than a standard member since he still has things to prove. Last month he was given a warning about improving on some certain aspects of his moderation and he had failed to do so in our eyes so how would we really motivate accepting him due to that? And if I recall, there was some complaints from the members regarding not listening to them, and about how useless the trial is since it doesn't really give any function, we also decided to listen to you and do something about it.
What aspects? As I see it atm, he is very loved and liked by our regulars, he is active, knows rules. Friendly and helpful.
What aspects is it that he failed to complete in your eyes? And how serious can they be, that they overpowers ALL his pros and gives him a kick instead.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Spato wrote:We make decisions based on what we think is best for the community. We listen to people and take thoughts into concideration but we have never claimed to put forward what the majority thinks.

I know you guys make your decisions based on what's the best for the community and listen to people, but 'which' people are that? Why dont you guys look further than only the ones you normally talk to. Talk to the kids, those that fill the servers up. They ALL, one by one, loved Jumpy as a member.

Jumpstyler was on his trail yes, but before last month there wasnt even a rule about saying that someone couldnt finish the trial, it was pretty straight forward that it was 'just a formality'. Now it's been used for real, why? To try it out, to see if it would feel good to (for once) let someone not pass their trail? You were all (mostly) inactive so I dont get where your exlanation is coming from. How could you have possibly seen how he behaved when you werent there? Ive played loads with him and have only seen him command in a fun way, and take action where and when needed. Im sorry, but without any sort of proper eye-viewing explanation, I wont change my mind.

Also, whether you made 2 mistakes in your trail, or in the first week after your trail has ended, it all should be concidered the same. For the sake of the community.
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post (total 2):
Benzku-, Riotx
Styx

Post by Styx »

Gz to Shadi and Konijn! Good luck to all new members!
I think we girls are bitches, even though I am one --------------
Spato

Post by Spato »

Regarding listening to people, I don't know why you get the thought that it's to some specific ones. When I say "people", then I'm refering to everybody here in neonDragon.

Regardin the full reasons is something you can ask him about since I talked to him about it, it's not something I'm putting out in public for his sake.

And I think it's strange how you first (previously) have voiced your thoughts about us admins not listening enough to you members, but when we actually do it you start to complain about it. I'm not going to quote you but you even said yourself that if a person didn't learn from his mistakes then some things should be made against that, and that's exactly the case here. We talked to Jumps7yl3r after the last meeting about some things he should improve on but he didn't, how would we be able to accept that?

And of course we should take the trial into concideration when a member has done something wrong, since it's a testing period to see the competence of a member and if they're able to pull it out.
AIK <3
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Spato wrote:Regarding listening to people, I don't know why you get the thought that it's to some specific ones. When I say "people", then I'm refering to everybody here in neonDragon.
You guys dont actually, you include those of whom you think their opinion has value and is worth listening to. Dont try to undermine that, since you know its true.
Spato wrote:And I think it's strange how you first (previously) have voiced your thoughts about us admins not listening enough to you members, but when we actually do it you start to complain about it.
You guys hardly ever listened to the voices of the members, and now you kind of do. However, nD is not only based on us members and you admins. Its based on those who fill the servers, those who join everyday and those who are seen as regulars. And the kids fall perfectly under that category, have you, by any chance, listened to them?
Spato wrote:I'm not going to quote you but you even said yourself that if a person didn't learn from his mistakes then some things should be made against that, and that's exactly the case here.
Yes if a person makes mistakes its their responsibility to solve them. If a person doesnt listen then the consequences are for him. But what if that, what has been said, isnt the complete truth? What if you listened to people that had their minds set before Jump made some mistakes? What if you guys just showed a bit of stupidity here? Will you be man enough to step up and and say you have? Because with me, alot of people agree that Jump shouldnt have been kicked out.
Spato wrote:And of course we should take the trial into concideration when a member has done something wrong, since it's a testing period to see the competence of a member and if they're able to pull it out.
As I said before, it has never been the case that a member got kicked out. ONLY if the actions were in such a dramatic extent that there was no other option to do so, and I highly doubt that was the case here. It has always been a formality. We even discussed that in nD Private? Come on guys.... Dont hide behind the fact that he has done something wrong (just like any person could), there are people in the current staff, or people that just left the team that have done worse, surely hope you agree with that?
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post:
Riotx
-d4z0'.

Post by -d4z0'. »

What is a technical admin? And why was jump kicked? he was one of the fun members, you should kick the ones that are just pure dick heads o.o
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

-d4z0'. wrote:What is a technical admin? And why was jump kicked? he was one of the fun members, you should kick the ones that are just pure dick heads o.o
Technical admin is that what Mati is. The one that can make and put in plugins etc. Basically an admin with a high knowledge when it comes to server related things (not ingame, but the servers, how they run, plugins etc etc).

As for Jumpy, eventhough its tl;dr, you might wanna scroll back in this topic. Maybe you get a bit wiser then, I highly doubt it (since there is no logical explanation set) but still :p
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post:
Riotx
Путинтебяобстрелит

Post by Путинтебяобстрелит »

Konijn has been admin=He were so long gone

Shadiii we all knew u wil get admin this year :D
:trollface:
Gz to evryone!
16:28 - .Cell.: cause ur black
Russia will rape ya.
Starzy

Post by Starzy »

Oh oh, obviously congrats to Laprot gettin' his forum moderator place back!

Spato

Post by Spato »

Lien~ wrote:You guys dont actually, you include those of whom you think their opinion has value and is worth listening to. Dont try to undermine that, since you know its true.
I have never as an admin disregarded someones thoughts because I felt their opinion is not worth listening to. You don't even know what goes on in the discussions so how are you even able to comment on a thing like this? You don't even know the full story about this.
Lien~ wrote:You guys hardly ever listened to the voices of the members, and now you kind of do. However, nD is not only based on us members and you admins. Its based on those who fill the servers, those who join everyday and those who are seen as regulars. And the kids fall perfectly under that category, have you, by any chance, listened to them?
We know that Jumps7yl3r had some good qualities aswell as a member, I'm not saying against that. He did a great job in-game and in his relationship with most regulars but in some aspects he failed to do some certain things which lead to us not being able to grant him a full membership. We have to look at the whole picture.
Lien~ wrote:Yes if a person makes mistakes he is there to solve them. If a person doesnt listen then the consequences are for him. But what if that, what has been said, isnt the complete truth? What if you listened to people that had their minds set before Jump made some mistakes? What if you guys just showed a bit of stupidity here? Will you be man enough to step up and and say you did? Because with me, alot of people agree that Jump shouldnt have been kicked out.
What if we might have shown stupidity here, that's up to each person to decide. Not everybody will agree on the decisions we made today and that shows. But we did what we thought was correct and we stand by it, then it's up to you to judge if you thought it was stupid or not. If I feel I have done something wrong then I step forward and admit it.
Lien~ wrote:As I said before, it has never been the case that a member got kicked out. ONLY if the actions were in such a dramatic extent that there was no other option to do so, and I highly doubt that was the case here. It has always been a formality. We even discussed that in nD Private? Come on guys.... Dont hide behind the fact that he has done something wrong (just like any person could), there are people in the current staff, or people that just left the team that have done worse, surely hope you agree with that?
Once again, the mistakes been made previously by members did not hapen during a trial period. And someone might have done worse etc but I have not been a part of the decisionmaking then and I don't know how they decided before so I can't comment on it. The only case during my period is basically Maki and he did get a kick, though it would've come quicker if it was during a trial period i.e.

Edit: Btw, I'm stopping the discussion here. If you want to discuss contact me on Steam.
AIK <3

Return to “Old News”