[Declined] Maki's application

All declined Applications are stored here.
Maki

Maki's application

Post by Maki »

Welcome to my application,

About myself :

Well, I'm Maki and most of you probably know me.
I'm fifteen years old. Born in Belgium but from Morocco. I study Sc-Lan. and I've yet to finish my studies. I'm planning on doing some studies related to economy. It has always been something interesting me and I want to know about the economy, the world & all. Mainly for my own knowledge because I've heard lots of things about it that kept me wondering.

I transferred to a new school this year so I had to give a good impression & all which is why I've not played those last months. However I've settled down now and I think it is a good time to apply.

I do know what I did before won't give me an easy time to get accepted again but I can't fix what I did in the past, the only thing I can do is advance and give my best. I've also changed my behaviour in a better way and won't hesitate to try to prove it.

Basic information :

Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:9068738 / Steam Name : dartak2 for those that want to add me.
NickName : Maki
Sex : I'm a male.
Experience Level (including any previous admin work) :
I was twice a member in neonDragon, the first time I left after one month of membership and the second time, I was member for 5 months and then got kicked out due to causing several problems, those are :
  • DDOSing the servers once
  • Abusing the Thanks function
  • Usage of foul language against Admins.
  • Usage of the N word once on the servers without realising the consequences
Now, I understand totally why I've got kicked, I also know I've been given more chances than others.
I didn't go against the decision, of course I was a tad surprised that the little I did at the end got me kicked, but it was fair overall.

I do regret my actions, on the moment I thought the DDOSing would open Admin's eyes but obviously it wasn't the right move. Then after that I fooled around with the thanks function, taking it as a fun tool and not the function it should usually serve. As for the foul language, I'm someone that likes to raise my voice and go against something if I don't agree to it, I should've obviously watched my tone though. But I learnt a lot out of it and will use it for good now. I also learnt a lot about how to moderate and knowledge about cheaters.

Average amount of time on our servers per day :
Nowadays, not a lot. Mainly after the kick, I went inactive to think about things. This aswell as school starting. I also prefer to play as a member, not for the authority but because I like to moderate while playing, there's a lot of rulebreakers / cheaters on the servers, be it on the fun or jail servers and I think I can contribute my part in helping to get rid of them.

I think approximately 1 hour to two but I'm more than that on steam. I'm always here from 16:30 - 20:00 + . Therefore I should be there to help people even if I'm not playing since I'll always be available on Steam.
I'm also more often connected on week-ends , around ten hours a day if I don't go out. A lot spent in the servers / forums or other games. Even though I'm busy sometimes, I think I could spare a bit of my time to help people out.

Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers ?
I started playing the 07 April 2011. I took a few breaks here and there. Mainly for school and other factors that influenced my life. I have always stayed in neonDragon though, never cut off relations totally with nD.

Do you have a working microphone ?
Yes I do. Although I gotta say it straight out, I do not like commanding nor are my commanding skills exceptional. When I command it's mostly for the fun and not to be serious. I could probably work on it but it's not my main priority for now. I'll try to do efforts though.

What can you do for the community ?
I can help to moderate every server where I have rule knowledge, this means the majority of them if not all. I can also help to catch cheaters and I can give out my ideas to improve the server that I'll do regardless of whether I'm accepted or not.

What's your motivation for joining the team ?
There are a lot of rulebreakers and cheaters on the nD servers. I would like to help getting rid of them and helping the people of the community. That's not all though, I would like to help moderating every servers, be it during night time or during peek hours when I'm online. I already do report cheaters though and never really stopped. But there are just some rulebreakers where a warning/slay would be better. For example vent campers and hostages campers that don't listen, CTs camping spawn and not doing the objective while last alive and much more on Assault , Freekillers / Bad CTs / Whiners / Harassers in Jailbreak , ... I think I can also help people with the rules since I am in my opinion very knowledgeable about them.

As a note : People might think I do not moderate that much currently and I guess this is true however it's because I only act when I really need to. And I sometimes ask other members to act on it because I do not have the powers to do so.

Just a story that isn't really related to my application :
Spoiler!
Part 1 :

Love Story 1~

There once were two people meeting on internet.
Those two people didn't know much of other, they didn't know what they looked like or anything. But it didn't really matter to them. They just wanted to be friends.

Gradually, they began to become more than friends but less than lovers. They couldn't become lovers due to the distance but felt more than simple friendship...

One lived in America due to being in a boarding school. He was originally from Sweden, the same country as where the girl was from... They both were underage.. They couldn't go meet each other.

They kept talking to each other for years, years. Until the boy finally called her and said :
"I got some news !"
She asked : "What is it ?!"
He answered : - "I finally can come to Sweden! I can finally come and see you!"
She didn't know what to answer, she was happy but didn't know how to express it. The boy wondered what was going on and said :
- "What is going on, why are you so quiet ?"
- "I'm so.. happy, I'm so happy!"

So time went on and they kept on talking together, the day of their meeting was growing closer. They were loving each other more than ever and then the day came.

He called her and told her :
- I'm coming, I'm coming to see you!
- I know that, I'm so excited! See you soon. I love you
- I love you too <3 I'm coming my love. I need to go now.

He went to take the plane and during the flight, there was an accident...
The news were sent through all the world. The plane had crashed itself and they were still looking for survivors..

The girl saw this, she couldn't believe what she had seen... She was crying all the tears of her body. Screaming so loudly that everyone that was there wondered what happened.

One person came to her and asked her :
- What is it ? Are you fine ?
- "No... NO I'M NOT" she said..
My... The person I loved all along just crashed himself....

He didn't know what to say.. He asked her what was the name of the person she was waiting for...
- His name was... Marius D. Ibrahim
- You... You mean.. You're our son's acquaintance ?..
She realized soon after that they were his parents and answered :
- Yes... I met him on internet, I liked him... A lot actually...
- So it was you he was talking about everytime we called him...
- He... He was talking about me ?
- Yes... Quite often... Don't worry... I'm sure he's safe and he'll eventually be found..

Three days later, still no trace of him. Four survivors were found though.. There was still hope..

She never gave up, she held tight on hope that he could still be alive.. That he could still be found.

To be continued...
Queijo da Serra

Re: Maki's application

Post by Queijo da Serra »

Hi Maki!

Pro's
Application
Was member before
Friendly
Active
Mic
Helpfull

Neutral

Con's
Can rage sometimes

You got my yes, good luck.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Alright, Maki. You for jail member on the agenda for the upcoming meeting(s)? I guess it's obvious as you play on Jail mostly.

Pros
- Active
Spoiler!
- Friendly
- Was a member and a very excellent member (was the tip of the cup back then when you were kicked)
- Has a good eye for hackers and cheaters, approx 200 reports with a success rate of 100%
- Has a mic and uses it (too much..)
- Stands out of the crowd (too much again :P)
- One of the most active forum users (in terms of spam and discussion)
- Communication (Knows most people and their personality traces)
- Application (Edited this one in)

Neutral
- Moments (Sometimes you overreact or dramatise things a tad too much, and to be honest it's really annoying)
- Straight-forwarded (You are honest and tell people what you think directly, this can be both good and bad obviously but I like that within you)

Cons
- It's not ages ago you were kicked
- Past events (The admin team and probably others will be aware of which, also stated in your own leaving thread some time ago)

Conclusion:

I think you're a cool guy and you were a very good, active and nice as well both as a member and a regular. You seem addicted to nD and its community. You have some past events but imo there's not much you can do yo prove it won't repeat unless you get member again. You realise you messed up and that's what's essential in this case. You were on the tip of getting kicked back then and I don't think that little move would have gotten you kicked if you didn't mess up so much before that. You improved yourself and slipped after - I agree with the admins' decision back then but I also agree to that you should have a go now.

YES!
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
staika
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

Pro's :
Working mic
Rule knowledge

Con's:
You kinda mentioned them by what you wrote in your presentation
You had 2 chances as a member and you blew both of em , you were even forgiven when u ddosed the servers....still you messed up. Most votes around here are usually given for maturity. You over react and lie too much. I don't think even your personality is something that is member-like.

It's a no from me.

P.S. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice.... you know how it goes
These users thanked the author Jumps7yl3r for the post:
emilitoo
Image Image
xReii^

Post by xReii^ »

First of all you own me 2 minutes of my life for that crapy without guns , romances are lame man..
Secondly after reading your application carefully you seem like a nice guy and your average of spotting cheaters is also good so from here you can see that your abilities are good , now the downsizes are the so calld pranks you made i was innactive when this happend so i can't really relate details but after i read some stuff makes me think you'll do it again , DDOS is fun yeah you press do a few commands , type a few things and it's gone sure for the person that's doing it , i know how it feels to get ddos'ed and sure doesn't feel good, server crashes, people don't rejoin mainly , you loose players everytime a server crashes and this comes help along with the crashes that happen from time to time naturaly, just because you don't agree on something doesn't give you the right to run around like a midget and causing troubles being a litle rock on the admin team socks, what you should do when that happens is either create a constructive critic to it pointin out missing and the advtanges unavantages sutch things , you got more than future potential member experience , your member material witch is good. But still for me some who does sutch thing is instant perm ban, for that reason i have to vote no, also i might be wrong show thes* out to the fellas how u grown and i'm sure the admin team will actually put a player like you as an option on the table that said i got nothing else to say since i've never talked to you other than saw you on the server , good luck.
Spoiler!
Fixed fail english with * --'
Last edited by xReii^ on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coby

Post by Coby »

Yo maki!

Even though we had problems in the past (which made me judge you) I would like to see you back in the nD* Jail team.

Pro's

- Active
- Kind
- Helpfull
- Mature (you admit you mistakes and learn from them)
- Judgment
- Well known & mostly for good reasons
- Stand out of the croud a lot (dat voice :D)
- You try to make it as enjoyable as you can
- Good commander, has a mic

Neutral
-

Con's
- Past actions. Even tho you've learned from them, they don't disapere

Conclusion
Yeh you deserve it. I for one know you'll handle the powers without any problems this time & you'll make a hella good member!

Gl maki.
:=)
some people make it rain…. but im so chill i make it snow.
Spato

Post by Spato »

As I talked to you on Steam, it was interesting to see that you decided to make a new application, especially for the jail team but I guess that's where you belong concidering your main activity is there. I mainly agree with Shadis post and his pros/cons but my vote on you is undefined yet. As he mentions, you have done a good job before and got many good pros on your side, but there are some dark spots there weighing you down heavily aswell. This is going to be a difficult decision to make (for me at least) but I'm gonna wish you good luck.
AIK <3
Jellow

Post by Jellow »

Pff Maki...

Based on me liking you this would be an easy yes, but as I told you numerous times, your application isn't about that.
So this is a tough cookie...

Pro's
- Active
- Experienced
- Known
- Has a mic
- Mostly happy
- Helpfull at times, but more then others I suppose
- Reports (maybe even more then the admins would like to process :P )

Blanks
- none, and that is a bit of a point I want to make. You always swing on either side of the scale. When you are happy you are extremely happy and on top of the world, and when you are annoyed you are very pissed off. There isn't much middleground and at times thats hard to handle.

cons
- You can take things way to personal at times. You like to troll (for example on teamspeak), but as soon as the arrows are pointed at you it's not fun anymore.
- You could take critisism a bit better
- Your past, I personally find it hard to step over these things. If this was 1 thing then we could write this down as a small personal mistake, but it is numerous things and not that long ago. Yes you might have learned from these, but what happens when you get settled as a member again? When you start feeling a bit confertable/bored, I fear the same shit might happen again (not saying it will, just saying it might)....

Like I said maki, I love you like an owner loves his disabled cat, but this isn't personal. I think you would be a great member (again) and I wouldn't mind seeing you in the team. On the other hand I can't really just step over your mistakes, I'm going to leave my vote blank and give this some more toughts.
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

I gotta say that I'm honestly suprised too see you apply again after being kicked for all that crap, but I'm also happy too see that you're doing it! Now to the pro's and con's :arrow:

Pro's

- Your application
- You've been member twice and did a good job both of the times(if you don't look at the last thing(s) you did)
- You got a microphone and you know how to command which you do when you want/have too.
- You're mature (sometimes you can go abit over the cup)
- You're an friendly guy that you can have a good conversation with
- You know how to spot hackers, which we can see on your reports and that is very good
- You are very active on both server(s) and the forum
- You stand out of the crowd
- You know the rules very well, and I believe you are following them
- Helpfull (You help people when they need, and you try to explain them most of it)
- You're well known in the community

Neutral

- You can overreact soemtimes
- Sometimes you take things way too personal

Con's

- It hasn't been a long time ago since you were kicked
- Your past (Yes, I know you've learned from that which is good)

Conclusion

You've done a very good job as a memebr twice, which I think should be enough. But as you said in your application, the first time you left the team, and I know you got the potential to become a jail-member, I believe you would do a good job if you get accepted again. You'll get a yes from me Maki, so don't let me/us down! Show us that you desereve a new chance.
Last edited by Spiitzz on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maki

Post by Maki »

Thanks for the replies guys!
I've got something to say to xReii though.
Stalking ur mom wrote:First of all you own me 2 minutes of my life for that crapy without guns , romances are lame man..
Secondly after reading your application carefully you seem like a nice guy and your average of spotting cheaters is also good so from here you can see that your abilities are good , now the downsizes are the so calld pranks you made i was innactive when this happend so i can't really relate details but after i read some stuff makes me think you'll do it again , DDOS is fun yeah you press do a few commands , type a few things and it's gone sure for the person that's doing it , i know how it feels to get ddos'ed and sure doesn't feel good, server crashes, people don't rejoin mainly , you loose players everytime a server crashes and this comes help along with the crashes that happen from time to time naturaly, just because you don't agree on something doesn't give you the right to run around like a midget and causing troubles being a litle rock on the admin team socks, what you should do when that happens is either create a constructive critic to it pointin out missing and the advtanges unavantages sutch things , you got more than future potential member experience , your member material witch is good. But still for me some who does sutch thing is instant perm ban, for that reason i have to vote no, also i might be wrong show thes* out to the fellas how u grown and i'm sure the admin team will actually put a player like you as an option on the table that said i got nothing else to say since i've never talked to you other than saw you on the server , good luck.
Spoiler!
Fixed fail english with * --'
1.I love romances, finally some love in a world of hate :P No really, It was just a story that I thought of doing and I like writing things from time to time. I also did it for someone actually.

2.No, I wouldn't do it again, I realized my mistakes and realized of them. Though I of course can only ask for trust here which is pretty hard to give considering my past.

3.I didn't agree with the admins' opinion, well not quite that. It was a matter of everything that was happening around that time I guess. But if I actually had taken the time to look at it from another viewpoint I could have easily seen it was a mistake, I usually go for threads when I want to point something but I didn't do it that time and it backfired at me. I knew I was wrong which is why I didn't go against the decision they had taken back then.

4. Exactly what I'm going to do :)

Thank you for the constructive post though, I appreciate it.
Jellow wrote:
cons
- You can take things way to personal at times. You like to troll (for example on teamspeak), but as soon as the arrows are pointed at you it's not fun anymore.
- Your past, I personally find it hard to step over these things. If this was 1 thing then we could write this down as a small personal mistake, but it is numerous things and not that long ago. Yes you might have learned from these, but what happens when you get settled as a member again? When you start feeling a bit confertable/bored, I fear the same shit might happen again (not saying it will, just saying it might)....
1. Yes I do know this, I like joking around and trolling but sometimes it goes too far, I think it has been going relatively better for now though.
2. I have been working on it aswell however criticism isn't always the thing you expect nor the thing you want to see. Sometimes I also just don't agree with the opinion but you're right on this point.
3. As I said to xReii, I'll probably never do it again. It was one of those moments I've been naïve but I've learnt of it.

It's all I've got to comment about and I'm kind of in a hurry right now. I'll however answer again later so feel free to give out some things I can work on!
minna

Post by minna »

First of all i think its too soon to make a new application. It wasnt long ago when you got kicked from the team.
And i agree with all cons Jellow posted. I dont like your attitude and you cant really take critisicm. It just shows sometimes like you act like you are above everyone else. Thats the feeling i get from you sometimes.

You have pros yes and i think those are already mentioned above me so no need to repeat em. Ill just repeat the cons since my vote is going to be no, so those weight more in here.
Theres a couple fucking junglecats out here..
I live to kill and kill to live.

Laprot the Freekiller

Post by Laprot the Freekiller »

Alright since you decided to apply for the jail team. I thought i would share my opinion:

I pretty much agree with Jellow. Yes i like you alot maki but due the fact you've gotten on my nerves lately (which is pretty hard rofl). I just think you should have waited abit longer SINCE it wasn't that long ago all this chaos around you happened.
But i wanna point out the main things:

- Making a big deal out of everything (When you start something you never stop. Even if it's pretty clear you're on the wrong track you still continue)
- Take things way to personal.
- Can't really trust you as a moderator, you were a good member but then you had your dark spots AND now i mean really dark, what were you srsly thinking?
- You keep telling you've changed, but man you have been given so many chances :/

My vote is blank.
"A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful."
SiX

Post by SiX »

I must agree with Jumpy, but putting my own pros n cons-

Pro's
* Application
* Has a mic and can command
* Rule knowledge
* Anti-cheat machine.
* Forum Activity (?)
* English
* Regular

Neutral
* Past member (You recieved the permban tool, been member twice, but imo you lacked as a member)
* Activity (I don't know where to put this)
* Maturity (Mature in game & forum and stuff but you can easily walk on peoples nerves by telling them what to do when to do, in a more negative way)

Con's
* Past (also meantioned in your applciation)
* Alot of complains about you on the forum aswell.
* Threating peoples and think your cool because you're doing it
* Uses his power to fast without getting facts straights of the situation
for exemple:
Spoiler!
1. When someone said snälla sluta switcha mig Maki = please stop switching me maki, you thought he meant slut and you kicked him immdietly without getting facts straights of the situation.
2. When one member told the commander he could and should do that way, so the commander listened to the member and you staretd to mic spam hard and telling he couldn't after he already did it, so you died, slaid both member and the commander, later on you revived the member and laughed about it. what about the commander then? he just listened to the member and you let him lie dead there?

Conclusion
You've experiense and so on, but Imo your past is very hard for me to get over, aswell as for some others.
I like the way you catch cheaters, but not the way you handle other stuffs, there ''member lacks'' occures.
Imo I think regular suits you best.
--> No.
Last edited by SiX on Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:14 am, edited 6 times in total.
Toon

Post by Toon »

Yo Maki I stole some parts from the others and this is what I think

Pro's

- Active
- Helpfull
- Well known

Cons

- It's not ages ago you were kicked
- Past events (The admin team and probably others will be aware of which, also stated in your own leaving thread some time ago)
- You can take things way to personal at times.
- Your past
Conclusion
Sorry its a blank for me I still think your a bit to immature. But Good Luck!
ImageImage
nice members
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Ive had a talk with you yesterday and that what Ive been pointing out is obviously not only seen by me as I see minna, laprot and jellow type the same. I think you did good as a member, regarding the member duties you had to do. But the things around it weigh more heavier than you think though. DdossSing nD would lead to a permban and I was surprised that they just let you off with a warning at first. Ive also told you that you were a lovely and sweet fella in the beginning but changed loads after you became a member. When you left you became that nice person again and then when you came back you were even worse than the first time. Yesterday you tried to re-assure me that you changed, but I dont know if I can go on that word just because its the second time you say so and still havent kept it. My vote for now is a no because of the above mentioned but I assume time will tell, just as with everything else. Good luck Maki!
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post:
emilitoo

Return to “Declined Applications”