Rule update: Second chance for cheaters

East Clubber

Rule update: Second chance for cheaters

Post by East Clubber »

Greetings forum.

Recently we have in the admin team and between the members, discussed whether or not to grant permanently banned cheaters the possibility to receive a second chance. It has always been the communities policy that when caught cheating, the player would get an instant strike 3 ban with no chance of being unbanned at a later point. We have now reached a general consensus with the outcome, that permanently banned cheaters can create an unban request after approximately 1-2 years of bantime. Every cheaters banrequest will be treated with caution, judging the seriousness of the ''cheat'' and the particular players motivation/personality. However, if the person chooses to cheat yet again after being granted an unban, he will be set to strike 3 again and will be banned with no chance of being unbanned.

This way we hope that the long banperiod will be enough time for the player to rethink his behaviour. After all, it really takes a motivated player who regrets his actions, to still come back to a community he has been banned from for so long.

- The Admin Team
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Re: Rule update: Second chance for cheaters

Post by Shadi »

Can there be a 4th strikelist for people who have been banned for cheating twice? I mean in general there won't be a whole bunch of people to come back years after and ask for an unban.. it's rare but it tends to happen.. but since it's rare a fourth list won't be difficult to keep track of?

I suppose that people who get an unban after cheating are some kind of exception right? So they can go to an exceptional list .. no reason to land on strike 3 twice O_o.

In addition I think it should be lowered to a half year instead of 1 year... but I suppose you have already discussed that.

Other than that, great move! :mrgreen:
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Mati

Post by Mati »

Not needed because strike 3 is a permban anyways and all incidents are documentated.
lol
Путинтебяобстрелит

Post by Путинтебяобстрелит »

Whohohoohoh finally!

We can now full the server again probly.. Full jb,Zm,assult,speedrun that wil be awsome! Good job guys
16:28 - .Cell.: cause ur black
Russia will rape ya.
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

Bixsit wrote:Whohohoohoh finally!

We can now full the server again probly.. Full jb,Zm,assult,speedrun that wil be awsome! Good job guys
These users thanked the author kami (GER] for the post:
Ying and Yang
Image Image
Marksel

Post by Marksel »

Well, that's just hilarious ;D
ImageImage
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Shadi wrote:In addition I think it should be lowered to a half year instead of 1 year... but I suppose you have already discussed that.

Other than that, great move! :mrgreen:
Yeah, we discussed this subject thoroughly and as people who are permbanned, due to freekilling/insulting/harassing etc etc, are able to create (and mostlikely get unbanned) after a 3-6 month period, we've decided that cheaters shouldnt be granted with that ''luxery''. They have approx 1-2 years the time to reconsider what they did, assuming that they want to play in our servers again.

For the rest, i stand fully behind this dicision. So thanks for this huge change!
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

East Clubber wrote:approximately 1-2 years
and not exactly; each case is judged separately
emilitoo

Post by emilitoo »

kami (GER] wrote:
Bixsit wrote:Whohohoohoh finally!

rofl
QuickSilver

Post by QuickSilver »

-
Last edited by QuickSilver on Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.gif © Kwaakt
East Clubber

Post by East Clubber »

QuickSilver wrote:See, here we go already... .Spreading like a fucking wildfire. Nallez hacked his ass off, played on 3 accounts (or so?) and now he has made an unban request.

http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=14346

Be prepared for a lot of unfairness and special treatment claims (i.e. person X got unbanned after he hacked and I don't). I sincerely hope that you will not unban people like this by default and throw it on this new rule. Some people (like Nallez) had enough chances.
As Uhu said, every case will be judged separately.
QuickSilver

Post by QuickSilver »

-
.gif © Kwaakt
Spato

Post by Spato »

QuickSilver wrote:See, here we go already... .Spreading like a fucking wildfire. Nallez hacked his ass off, played on 3 accounts (or so?) and now he has made an unban request.

http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=14346

Be prepared for a lot of unfairness and special treatment claims (i.e. person X got unbanned after he hacked and I don't). I sincerely hope that you will not unban people like this by default and throw it on this new rule. Some people (like Nallez) had enough chances.
People whine about unfairness all the time anyway you know how it is. And I don't see much whining about some people getting unbanned for harassing or teamkilling or other offences while others don't, so I don't think that it will cause a big problem really.
AIK <3
QuickSilver

Post by QuickSilver »

-
.gif © Kwaakt
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Your work will never be forgotten QuickSilver, and for the record you did a great job and I'm sure everyone realises it. Thing is times change and people change too, we are just giving a small group of people a new chance; even IRL with people imprisoned for life a pardon may happen.

Return to “Old News”