W_a_S_y_L

Re: KONY 2012

Post by W_a_S_y_L »

Kanyuu

Post by Kanyuu »

ajjt wrote:
Spoiler!
2.8 million (31%) made it to their charity program and from that money more than 50% went to finance the Ugandan government’s army and various other military forces, in fact they are just as bad as Kony (uganda's army). They rape women's, children's and kill homosexuals. There is evidence that prove my point of view
How can they support things that are equally as bad as Kony?
Again think twice before you donate.
Although Kony is no longer active in Uganda and hasn’t been since 2006.

The Kony2012 'Invisible Children' campaign is but another front for a foreign venture into a military campaign that DOES NOT serve the interest of the Ugandan citizens.

Lobbying politicians to militarily intervene is doing the leg work for well paid lobbying groups who do exactly the same! And the arms manufacturers and PMC's will profit, happily. This campaign is a ploy and even the legitimacy of those involved in Invisible Children has been brought to question - unanswered.

There is a hysteria building around this Invisibly Children campaign don't fall for it, do your own research; numerous aid workers, activist blogs etc explicitly show the second side to this story. The information in the video is outdated by years and is dangerous propaganda.

Kony is a tyrant, so is Osama, so is Cameron, so is Netanyahu, so is Assad and so is Ahmadinejad.. but Kony is being isolated and scapegoated for the purpose of intervention - and intervention serves the interests of Corporations. This is all about cold, blood drenched money.
I never donate to a cause without knowing fully well of their intentions and such. Being a business major, I am fully knowledgeable as to how to read financial statements.

This is similar to the American Red Cross. Only a margin of what people donate actually get to the intended receiver.

Anyway, regarding this whole Uganda thing, it's not the only place to suffer from trouble (nor is it a recent problem), yet it has been receiving so much attention. Why? There has to be some ulterior motive. Only time will shed some light upon this.
My Original Fiction:
Hopeless Me, Insensible You (Status: Complete [20 chapters, 2 extras]) ; Rising Feelings (Status: Ongoing [1 chapter])
Messing around with people :3
iSuck

Post by iSuck »

The problem is also that since he gets so much attention, he might get afraid and grow his forces of child soliders. Also I read at a norwegian newspaper (vg.no) that the IRA hadn't been in uganda since 2006. Uganda had gotten peace, and they were establishing and building the country. They were afraid that this campaign might destroyed for their peace.

I hate it when something like this happens.. A conflict gets so much attention, but nearly no one know the full story, which got some really important sides..
Also, watching a movie doesn't make us heroes. Especially not when the movie is clearly a propagandamovie of the one side of the conflict. If a war was that simple, we could've lived in peace.
Spato

Post by Spato »

iSuck wrote:The problem is also that since he gets so much attention, he might get afraid and grow his forces of child soliders. Also I read at a norwegian newspaper (vg.no) that the IRA hadn't been in uganda since 2006. Uganda had gotten peace, and they were establishing and building the country. They were afraid that this campaign might destroyed for their peace.

I hate it when something like this happens.. A conflict gets so much attention, but nearly no one know the full story, which got some really important sides..
Also, watching a movie doesn't make us heroes. Especially not when the movie is clearly a propagandamovie of the one side of the conflict. If a war was that simple, we could've lived in peace.
It seems you didn't check the video because they mention that in the video. But they still want to stop him even if he is developing in other countries.
AIK <3
Marksel

Post by Marksel »

Spato, just because he said something that was alao said in the vid, that doesnt mean he didnt watch it.
The point is that a big portion of their finance goes to the ugandan army NOW even though he hasnt been active there for years.
ImageImage
iSuck

Post by iSuck »

Yes indeed I have seen the whole video, and i've read some articles about this as well.
My point was that by living in the western europe and watching a movie, you don't get the full picture. That video shows how "easy" it is to bring down a bad guy, but if it was that simple, he would've been taken for years ago.

When you live f.ex here in Norway, watch a film nerby a comercial imo, you don't do anything good for the case. What they (invisible children) should do, was to explain the whole situation, but then again they wouldn't have gotten enough attention, cause we in the western europe doesn't really care that much that we watch long movies, read long articles etc. I know my self that I don't really care as much as I should've done about these kinds of stories from this side of the world. I live in one of the best countries in the world, and don't need to worry about that. But I should worry, I should try to help someone. My point is that some of us like to think we're saving innocent children in Uganda just by pasting that link on our FB wall.. 2 weeks later it's all forgotten again. If they don't bring this man down soon, people will just forget about him.
Marksel

Post by Marksel »

In the end, the biggest problem there is with this situation is that kony has an army that consists out of children, who any army with any morals refuses to go in with the intention of shooting the children.
This makes the entire practice of capturing kony extremely tricky, and Invisable Children does nothing to improve on the situation.
These users thanked the author Marksel for the post:
iSuck
ImageImage
ajjt

Post by ajjt »

killing one man is not enough. Even a bullet isn’t good enough for Kony, killing him alone will not be enough. There are many people who are caught up in this war. Every war has its own victims.
Spato

Post by Spato »

Marksel wrote:Spato, just because he said something that was alao said in the vid, that doesnt mean he didnt watch it.
The point is that a big portion of their finance goes to the ugandan army NOW even though he hasnt been active there for years.
The thing is that he was mentioning it as if it was some kind of new information and something that they didn't say in the video/tried to cover.
AIK <3
KoD

Post by KoD »

When Peter pan makes an army of kids... It's okay

but when Kony does it....
These users thanked the author KoD for the post:
emilitoo
Eat the rude
koed dude

Post by koed dude »

whats going on here
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

kony the biggest propoganda video of 2012, most likely a desperate try to make the US looks like hereos, obama gets re-elected and they will take oil and their financial problem will be solved.

Thats why they portray Kony as some devil NOW because its crucial now.

my opionin only tho
Mr.Mackey

Post by Mr.Mackey »

KoD wrote:When Peter pan makes an army of kids... It's okay

but when Kony does it....
lololololol
iSuck

Post by iSuck »

Bumping to link to their recent part 2 vid. I'll tell my opinion l8r
Mati