One Piece Manga WARNING: [SPOILERS]

Discuss anime and manga here. Only 1 topic per anime and manga (same show/series can be separated so max 2 topics possible unless for both manga and anime)
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

One Piece Manga WARNING: [SPOILERS]

Post by Shadi »

The longest and definitely one of the best arcs atm - also the introduction of Gear Fourth.

First they confirm Gear Fourth and that he'll use it instantly, then they won't show it before the next chapter. Which is on a hiatus, KIND OF MAD TBH!

Discuss what it could be? I'm kind of clueless :D
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Ish

Re: One Piece Manga WARNING: [SPOILERS]

Post by Ish »

People are saying it could be vulcanized rubber. Vulcanized rubber, leading to more tension of rubber body, which is partly why Bellamy got so much focus and why Luffy got hurt by Spring Hopper even with Haki defenses. Maybe Spring Tension Luffy/Hard Bouncy Rubber???
Kanyuu

Post by Kanyuu »

Heading to the climax and takes a break like a boss lmao
My Original Fiction:
Hopeless Me, Insensible You (Status: Complete [20 chapters, 2 extras]) ; Rising Feelings (Status: Ongoing [1 chapter])
Messing around with people :3
Flath

Post by Flath »

Kanyuu wrote:Heading to the climax and takes a break like a boss lmao

No OP chapter next week ?

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

nop
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Toon

Post by Toon »

liked the ace arc more tbh this one wasn't as exciting even if Traflagar is by favorite char.
Spoiler!
ImageImage
ImageImage
nice members
Kanyuu

Post by Kanyuu »

Oh, hey it's nightmare Luffy with Bellamy skills aha
My Original Fiction:
Hopeless Me, Insensible You (Status: Complete [20 chapters, 2 extras]) ; Rising Feelings (Status: Ongoing [1 chapter])
Flath

Post by Flath »

Kanyuu wrote:Oh, hey it's nightmare Luffy with Bellamy skills aha
was expecting something more interesting so right now, the only surprise we had in OP concerning luffy's powers is gear 2

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Kanyuu wrote:Oh, hey it's nightmare Luffy with Bellamy skills aha
As I said on another forum "It's a teeny bit confusing though, why hasn't he done it before? He did explain that he had to use that in the 2 years he fought those monsters, and he couldn't control haki before that. However, he still chose up until now to always stretch/inflate himself and then use haki instead of using his free choice that he does against Dof? Does it cost a lot of energy or?"

Meaning he didn't learn it from Bellamy, maybe Bellamy reminded him? O_O and I hated nightmare Luffy and the entire Thriller Bark arc x.x

Also, people expected it to be purely vulcanised rubber most places, again Oda does the unpredictable. I'm not surprised by being surprised, if that makes sense :P I think he reads fan comments and then changes it so fans don't predict.

edit: it'd be kind of fun if Dof's own strings can hurt him and Luffy punches him into the birdcage, killing/defeating Dof and thus he and the birdcage disappear.

- Benjamin Franklin
Kanyuu

Post by Kanyuu »

Luffy's awakening? ULTIMATE BOUNCY HOUSE! :D
My Original Fiction:
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

didnt Dof kind of just introduce a new powerup system?

- Benjamin Franklin
Flath

Post by Flath »

Shadi wrote:didnt Dof kind of just introduce a new powerup system?
Yep definitely, it is just in keeping with something he previously introduced during impel down chapter with crocodile referring to it. It brings up a whole new level concerning devil fruits. This also raises the question of Black beard: Did he knew about it from the beginning ? Did oda planned this a long time ago like he did concerning the smile factory ? The main question of course is what will luffy be able to do with that ? Will he be able to affect things or people around him with his power providing a defensive feature to protect the weak or will it be something used as a curse to weaken the enemy's armament?

Anyway, weird story and i'm curious to see if there will be a new "standart" concerning devil fruits since as you can remember, oda used to classify demons fruits powers in the past putting usually Logia at the top. Once again, keep in mind black beard case really makes us think he knew about this since he didn't search for a logia type. Yes, he isn't a logia user or maybe he is so different because of the awakening ? Indeed, lets take a closer look at his power. Its just a double edge sword providing Huge offence at a price: The lack of defence. This was introduced during the fight against Ace and ace was surprised to discover that which means he never saw a logia users getting hit that easily.

This power could also be reserved to a few devil fruits and again, will luffy be able to do it ? Will it be linked to an incoming gear 5 ?

Great chapter with new fighting style introduced.

Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

i dont fully remember but couldnt whitebeard create quakes in the air from the impact of his power? would make sense for oda to plan that far ahead, since before the war arc?

- Benjamin Franklin
QuErza!

Post by QuErza! »

Shadi wrote:i dont fully remember but couldnt whitebeard create quakes in the air from the impact of his power? would make sense for oda to plan that far ahead, since before the war arc?
Slim Shadi(y)
Kanyuu

Post by Kanyuu »

Shadi wrote:i dont fully remember but couldnt whitebeard create quakes in the air from the impact of his power? would make sense for oda to plan that far ahead, since before the war arc?
It would. Remember Laboon? ;)
My Original Fiction:

Return to “Anime & Manga”