View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 6 pending strikelist reports It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

#1 Post Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG

"Ashes of Creation is a new MMORPG that aims to bring the Massive back to Massively Multiplayer. It takes everything we love about the genre and brings it boldly into the future as a truly next generation title. We’ve all wanted a world that lives and breathes and reacts, where our decisions matter, where the world changes because of what we’ve done. Ashes of Creation is that game: The rebirth of the MMORPG. "

"Choosing your class, race and gear is a good start, but while most MMOs stop there, Ashes of Creation is just getting started. All of civilization is the responsibility of our players, and how that civilization evolves comes down to what our players decide. If you want a city, or marketplaces or the comfort of your own home, it’s up to you to build it. If a city is encroaching on your territory, it’s up to you to destroy it. Allies and enemies, friends and foes, these are words determined by you, not by us - there is no red and blue team for you to fall back on. Your grudges, your wars, your peace are real things, created by you, and the history of conflict is the history of the players. "

In less than 12 hours after the start of the kickstarter, they got 250 000$. After 24h, the project was supported and we are now at 1 million dollar unlocking new content and rewards for us players.

There is still 30 days to go and there are some founder packs that are sold out already so if you are interested in this game, i strongly suggest you buy a founder pack, the sooner the better.

This game looks really promising, the only thing that bothers me is the fact the game is supposed to come out December 2018.

For those interested:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/17 ... nav_search

Wed May 03, 2017 12:43 pm

#2 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
the alpha is supposed to start in 2018, and as most alpha phases are taking much longer than the developers make us hope, i would not pay too much for something that isnt even playable yet. cu in 5 years when this game actually comes to its beta phase..

http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image

Wed May 03, 2017 1:07 pm

#3 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
The goal for release is before 2020. And that's what a kickstarter usually is, i personally think the game will be a huge sucess and i don't mind the waiting time. That being said, i understand your point of view, it's a huge gamble on my side but i don't regret it, i'm really hyped and i wish the following year will confirm the fact i've made the right choice.

Wed May 03, 2017 1:28 pm

#4 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
Thats what they all offer at the beginning and end up being horse shit. I'd recommend playing Revelations Online which is in open beta right now.

Wed May 03, 2017 1:29 pm

#5 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
i do hope that the game is what you wish for man. the trailer looks okay and stuff but its such a long time until the game is done and released.

http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image

Wed May 03, 2017 2:07 pm

#6 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
First Pre-Alpha gameplay footage:

Seasons switching every IRL week:

Q&A with Director.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139948292

It's the fastest funded MMO of all time on kickstarter as a side note in only 11 hours.

Thu May 04, 2017 11:32 am
VIP

#7 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
They claim it's a new innovative type of MMORPG then provide you with gameplay footage showing basic MMORPG gameplay this is just gonna be no man's sky v2. The graphics are pretty good tho but at the end of the day a pretty shit is still shit. And I've had some pretty shits in my day. dem haemorroid filled ones. full of blood n dat. what?

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Fri May 05, 2017 12:35 am

#8 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
The graphics are the least impressive regarding this game as a whole, they are using Unreal Engine 4 to cut up the cost just like Tera did in the past with Unreal engine 3. If you take Black desert online, the graphics are gorgeous. I'm not supporting this game for the graphics but for the unique mechanics it presented and the transparent policy the studio is having.

I might be really excited for the game but i do agree there are some points the dev team talked about that are a huge deception for me such as an ingame cash shop to get cosmetics: I remember the days of Lineage 2, an MMORPG where having an aura was a challenge and a reason to be proud of since it meant you had won the Arena, a pvp battle between the strongest players of the game where the strongest of each class would get an aura as a reward.

As for the combat in Ashes of Creation it has been mentioned that most animations are very pre-alpha, such details are usually polished in later development stages.

Fri May 05, 2017 8:55 pm

#9 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
New pre-alpha footage, note that nothing is rendered by cgi meaning that this is actual ingame graphics:

"Cinematic Pre-Alpha Footage showing our Predator class in action. Watch as the predator infiltrates a metropolis, to secure a relic before a siege."

There are two streams per week where the team talk with the community. I was lucky enough to catch the stream when i returned home yesterday evening, that's where they talked about releasing a new kickstarter video.

Thu May 11, 2017 5:11 am
VIP

#10 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
nice double post noob

Fri May 12, 2017 11:54 am

#11 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
Toti wrote:
nice double post noob

Look at the timeframe between the posts...

She wanted to stop, but she was riding a wave of memory and it was carrying her backward to that night, that room, and the blood that had spattered her mother's star charts like the map of a new constellation.

Fri May 12, 2017 2:04 pm

#12 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
Great stream yesterday where some Predator was strolling around the map. We got to see the town and the actual gameplay in this beautiful world you are watching now:

@Kaito: They talked about the combat system which will be kept secret for now as they said it was a core aspect of the game hence why they are putting much effort into it making sure it is the right system for their game: Nothing revealed yet but i just wanted to let you know that the gameplay footage you saw beforehand isn't the real deal.

Thu May 18, 2017 7:18 am

#13 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
Some more pre-alpha footage,

Monster coin system:

Empyrean freeholds:

Sat May 27, 2017 7:51 am

#14 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG
Since it's still just in development so I believe it's not time to give it a concrete verdict. Yet there is something makes me feel uninterested in this game. The graphic is nice but this can be done in almost every new MMORPGs. The gameplay is probably the aspect they anticipated most, with the players establish town and city and stuff. But so far I don't see it as fascinating as it should be. The video about players become demon and attack the town is really neat idea; however, it looks kinda bland. It's probably due to its current alpha state, much need to be done until its official release and I guess it deserves a try.

Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:02 am
Profile WWW

#15 Post Re: Ashes of Creation ~New MMORPG

Pre-alpha out.

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]