View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 3 pending strikelist reports It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 

#1 Post HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
In this tutorial, I will guide you through

- HLSS Setup and how to use it
    - Song converting from .mp3 to .wav (dBpowerAMP Music Converter)
    - Audio managing and volume changing (Goldwave)

Siik4N has already made a guide about HLDJ and it's setup, can be viewed here.

Step 1

In order to use HLSS, you'll be needing some programs, so we will start of by downloading those programs.

- HLSS can be downloaded here
    - Goldwave can be downloaded here
    - dBpowerAMP Music Converter can be downloaded here

Step 2

Open your steam folder. It can be found by doing this.
Go to :
C:\Program Files or Programs\Steam\SteamApps\account-name\counter-strike\cstrike and try to locate a file named autoexec.cfg.
If you already have this file, simply skip this step, but if you don't stay here.
In this folder \csstrike you must create a new notepad and name it autoexec.cfg.
After you have done this, you must copy paste a code in the file and save it.
The code that has to be copy/pasted into the autoexec.cfg file can be found here

Code:
alias +PlayWAV "voice_inputfromfile 1; voice_loopback 1; +voicerecord"
alias -PlayWAV "voice_inputfromfile 0; voice_loopback 0; -voicerecord"
alias StartWAV "voice_inputfromfile 1; voice_loopback 1; +voicerecord; alias ToggleWAV StopWAV"
alias StopWAV  "voice_inputfromfile 0; voice_loopback 0; -voicerecord; alias ToggleWAV StartWAV"
alias ToggleWAV "StartWAV"

Step 3

After downloading csbhlss you will have to extract the files to your desktop or whatever suits you best.
Once you have extracted the file, open it and find the file named HLSS. The file should be marked with a small blue note.
Once you open the program, there should show a pop-up that looks like this

Simply press OK and the program should open and look like this

Now press Control+P and options should pop-up, that looks like this

Once you have opended options, press browse and locate your game directory to C:\Program Files or Programs\Steam\SteamApps\account-name\counter-strike\cstrike and press OK and OK again.
Now the options should be gone, and the HLSS should look like this

Step 4

Now that you have located the files and installed all programs you should be ready to add .wav files to your playlist. But before you start doing that, I would suggest you to launch counter-strike, open your console and enter this

bind del "Togglewav"
Your del button will now be a start/stop button for your .wav files.

Step 5

Now we will be handling your audio files and I will teach you how to convert them into .wav files that can be played in counter strike.

Open dBpoweramp Music Converter and a select an audio file you would like to convert into an .wav file.
After selecting the file, you should be redirected to another looks where you can change the effects of the audio file.
It should look like this

BEFORE you press convert > > you have to make sure that you have chosen the right settings!
Make sure that the settings chosen are

Wave
    16 Bit
    8 KHz
    1 mono

If you have done everything as I told you to, you can simply press convert > > and the file should be converted into a .wav file.

Step 6

Now that you have converted the files, you're almost at the end. But to make sure that the audio quality in the game is as good as possible you have to open Goldwave. Open Goldwave and find the .wav you converted before. Once you have opended the file you should be able to see the waves of the audio file and should look like this

As you see on my screenshot, my audio file is very loud, but you can always listen to your own by playing it. I will try to make the volume lower, in order to increase the quality of the audio in-game. By doing that, I press Effect / Filter / Equalizer. If you have found the right folder, a new one should now appear and it should look like this

You can now change the volume of the song by moving the small square. As you can see, I moved it to -11,74, that that is how much I decrease the volume of the song. I usually place it somewhere around -10 / -15, but you can always listen to it by clicking the green threesome. Once you have decreased the volume of the audio file, you can now press OK and a small loading screen should pop up. When it is done loading, the audio waves should have been decreased and turned much smaller. If you're satisfied with the current volume, you can now save the audio file.

Step 7

Now that you have converted your audio files into .wav files, you have decreased the volume and improved the quality. You are now ready to add the songs to HLSS. Launch HLSS once again and press on the Image, select your .wav file and set a shortcut to play your song. I usually use F1-F11 since all the other buttons are taken, but feel free to add some other shortcuts yourself. It should look like this

If it looks like that, press OK and you should be back to HLSS. After you have added the file press Image in order to play the songs. If you want to add more songs or change settings, you have to press Image in order to configurate it. But let's start with pressing the thumb up. Once you have pressed the thumb up HLSS should close down so it is not visible anymore, but don't worry, the program is still open. Now launch CS, press F1 and a black "line" should pop-up in the top of your screen looking like this

Now press del and enjoy your tune in the servers!

Help/Bugs

If you need any help installing HLSS or just have some questions feel free to contact me on steam. If it does not work out, I can always help you on Teamviewer.

There is a common bug, and I can't fix it, but when you play a .wav file in a server, try not to type by using your normal message button. Instead, go to console and type say "what ever you want to say" because if you use the normal message, the song might stop playing.

Anyways, have fun playing tunes in the servers!

Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:48 pm

#2 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
In before sticky

Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:49 pm
Profile WWW

#3 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Good job! At least someone took their time to make their own written guide :trollface:

Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 am

#4 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
A Question : Does this program affects your gaming in anyway ? (Lag due to high ping , or fps drop)

Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:54 pm

#5 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Well, I have a quite bad laptop with normal fps, sometimes drops heavily because of overheating.
When I have HLSS open, it doesn't have any sort of affect on fps drops or lags, so no, it doesn't affect it in any way :)

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:08 pm

#6 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Lol...guys srsly don't do this tutorial cause only reading it takes -238950923 hrs just go here http://media.io/, there isn't even an explanation needed.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:12 pm
Profile YIM
neonDragon Admin

#7 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Good guide.

Karn wrote:
A Question : Does this program affects your gaming in anyway ? (Lag due to high ping , or fps drop)

Depends on your net connection really. If it can handle you commanding without lag then this should be fine.

Jumps7yl3r wrote:
Lol...guys srsly don't do this tutorial cause only reading it takes -238950923 hrs just go here http://media.io/, there isn't even an explanation needed.

How about maybe what the site is? I don't make a habbit of clicking random links.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:17 pm

#8 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Konijn wrote:
Good guide.

Thank you

Jumps7yl3r wrote:

Thank's for the constructive feedback, Jumps7yl3r.
Yes, that website will be able to convert a .mp3 file into a .wav file, but you can't lower/decrease the audio volume, neither will it play any songs in CS 1.6 for you, therefor I see your reply a bit ....
Besides, this tutorial is suppose to guide people through other things than just converting audio files.

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:25 pm
neonDragon Admin

#9 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Jumps7yl3r wrote:

Also if it took -238950923 hrs then we would go back in time 27,277 years every time we read it. ALL HAIL THE TIMELORD THAT IS APOLLO

Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:28 pm

#10 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Konijn wrote:

Jumps7yl3r wrote:

How about maybe what the site is? I don't make a habbit of clicking random links.

Start living dangerous and click it

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:49 pm
Profile YIM

#11 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
Thanks for tips :clap: :)

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:17 am
neonDragon Admin

#12 Post Re: HLSS Setup, song converting & audio controlling tutorial
susynoexcusy wrote:
Thanks for tips :clap: :)

Stop bumping old topics and try stay on topic with your posts.

Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:24 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 12 posts ]