Suggestions and nD Mapper: External Project

Maps, creations, help and ideas.
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Suggestions and nD Mapper: External Project

Post by uhu »

Suggestions for nD Mapper

Hello, the mapping team will be taking suggestions to use on new map projects from the public, being awarded VIP ranging from 2 days to two weeks.

Feel free to tell us of your ideas. Please be as specific as possible, for example, an obstacle race suggestion is not enough, you must specify the layout of the game, what kind of obstacles, their position, the size of the game, and suggest a thematic with textures; so the whole idea must be put in the paper and in case we use it then your name will show on the map.

We are looking for new and unique ideas, but will also consider traditional games with a different and clever approach.

We will only consider ideas posted on this topic. You must also plan for the whole idea in your post, in case someone else decides to take your idea and develop into something better.

You must use this form:
  • Game/Idea
  • Detailed description
  • Unique details specification(such as special traps, hidden rooms, invisible walls)
  • Sketch of the idea(ms paint or other)
  • Suggested theme/texture
External Project

The mapping team will be available to adopt an external project if for example, a regular from the community who has an unfinished map or just started it asks for technical questions, or, asks for map work to be done and sent to him.

There will be a discussion between the mapping team and the map-owner, and additional content to be produced for his map will be decided. The map-owner will be consulted and must approve of the ideas as the map is being developed.

After the project is released in a beta version, a public topic will be created for feedback, such as bugs, suggestions, and rating.

Cheers
Zeke

Re: Suggestions and nD Mapper: External Project

Post by Zeke »

are ideas from other jb games allowed? like csgo/css jb
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Zeke wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:12 am
Yes, we are able to map for any server. Right now the priority is to refresh jailbreaks maps because the community actively revolves around them.
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

uhu wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:34 pm
Zeke wrote:
Yes, we are able to map for any server. Right now the priority is to refresh jailbreaks maps because the community actively revolves around them.
no what i mean is game ideas from other jb maps that are not cs 1.6, like getting an idea from a csgo jb map.
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Zeke wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:46 am
uhu wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:34 pm
Zeke wrote:
no what i mean is game ideas from other jb maps that are not cs 1.6, like getting an idea from a csgo jb map.
Sure, and it must serve as a starting point for a new game. We can make games similar to ones in other maps but they will need to be new and unique in some way.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Please note some of these have been suggested before here (but don't worry, by me xD)

Game 1:

Game/Idea: Booster game
Detailed description: You go up on a ramp that has a booster and get launched mid-air. The idea is to hit a moving object. If you manage to slash it, it does a visible effect to indicate that it has been slashed. Alternatively, a midair grenade game where you try to land a grenade in a hole while falling. If it's possible to have lava at the bottom, which turns to water if the "button" midair is slashed - to automate the game; would be good.
Unique details specification(such as special traps, hidden rooms, invisible walls): none, but i guess you could add invisible walls.
Sketch of the idea(ms paint or other)
Spoiler!
Suggested theme/texture .. emm .. i don't have much care for this i'll leave to mappers to find a thematic correctness here.

Game 2:
Game/Idea: Fall through
Description, sketch and eventual details/possibilities are all in one image here.
Spoiler!
Game 3:
Game/Idea: Strafe obstacle course/Deathrun

A strafe race, similar to that on sunny/jungle (hence no sketch) but with obstacles, such a hidden walls, lasers, places that would make you fall down - maybe even make it really complicated and have a "strafe deathrun"

Game 4:
Game/Idea: Ladder/Glass race
Detailed description: Emm, hard to explain but I'll try. The game idea itself is pretty obvious but should also be a bit challenging/complex. Having more than one route and trying to balance them to make more routes seem appealing (and also fit more players). However, the "quicker" ones should also be more challenging, like rewarding u for not spending too long or rewarding you for going to the tip of the ladder. There should be ladder blocks in the air, maybe a few obstacles along the way. Some places should require "ladder-strafing" trick to finish (holding forward + one of the side keys) and others should require you to turn around, and jump to another side and others should require you to use the momentum to land on the next one. Considering how ladders usually take you straight up, you should be able to create different shenanigans here.

Unique details specification(such as special traps, hidden rooms, invisible walls)
Spoiler!

Game 6:
Spoiler!

Game 7:

Game/Idea: Spring game
Detailed description. Similar to how diving boards work, there should be a few "diving board tips" to propel you forward, until you reach the goal. This game should however only be played by a few players. And should have the platforms decently far away from each other to require you to keep the momentum.

Image[/img]

Game 8:

Game/Idea: Strafe race with guns
Detailed description Like a strafe race in any other maps, but the Ts get guns, not to TK each other but to break objects as they strafe. Imagine adding that "thrill/adrenaline" as you're strafing. To make it more interesting the Ts should have limited ammo like 1 clip. Forced to drop their gun before the "gates" of the game are unlocked once finished. The objects should obviously block them if not shot, and maybe some just avoided with finesse. The amount of bullets should be challenging and appropriate to the amount of needed broken objects in the way.

Game 9:

Game/Idea Underwater obstacle course
Detailed description An obstacle course but under water, where you're forced against time and you also have to avoid things in the way, sweeping land mines, objects to break to get through and it should be tight with time (more like a duck n jump-level wipe) All of the ones I've listed so far don't need a detailed sketch but if you want I can try to draw something for this specific one as I realise what I've said now can be interpreted as too loose. Let me know.

Unique details specification(such as special traps, hidden rooms, invisible walls)

Game 10:
Game/Idea: Giant grenade game
Spoiler!

Game 11:
Game/Idea: A game room similar to he_glass

https://maps.cs-bg.info/maps/cs/330/#

Game/Idea: A game room similar to he_glass

- a lot of grenades and maybe a button on the wall to spawn more, the grenades break glass or kill players.

prolly gonna be difficult entity wise tho.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
hoho

Post by hoho »

In the deathrun map countryside, at the end the CTs have to choose 1 out of 5 games to fight the Ts, 1 of those games is one where both the ct and t are going up and down midair (basically there is probably an invisible trampoline in a small room) so the game im suggesting for jb is one exactly like that but with a much bigger room to have the Ts fight in, if there's a concern that this could be a complete mess and no way to keep track of what the Ts do then you can just make it a 1 v 1 game with the exact same room from countryside. However, i thibk the complete mess that it would be with 20 Ts fighting is what would make it fun (btw it would be a once per map game and would require friendly fire)

@shadi
Game 4 , if i got it right, it should be something like the one next to the tramp race in jb_sunny , only that that one would be 1 route out of X
S.W.A.T

Post by S.W.A.T »

The aim game . Goes like this it can be played from 2 to 6 people Ts will go inside . They will be put in the spot starting spot then infront of them they will be targets . The ts will have a deagle with 7 bullets . When ct press the button . The 7 moving targets will appear and will disappear in 10 seconde . After this 10 seconds the score will pop up for each t. Fir example 5/7 . 7/7 . and then you can make the highest 2 survives or highest 3 .
" You must do the things you think you cannot do "

Eleanor Roosevelt.
SNap
VIP

Post by SNap »

Mined traps game; Random mines in an certain area, ur objective is to survive and reach the other side of the game. Pretty simple. I wonder if you can put speed in to certain area to make it more fun/focussing game. I've told Uhu about this already.

Box game, basically you jump inside the box and use it as a car while pressing E, ur object is to move the box to the finishing line while there is lava around the obstacle, u can put many deathly traps inside the obstacle to make it more hard, like the spikey death traps that has some 1-2 seconds delay in it. Should be nice. Imagine

“Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

Game : Pacman/ Hungry Guard
Description :
  • T's start from the T-Zone and enter the maze, they should be given 12hp or less.
  • T's are given X seconds to hide or/and run away.
  • Once time is over, the CT is released from the CT-Zone.
  • CT chases down T's and tries to kill them.
Win Method :
  • Commander specifies how many survivors.
  • Once we have enough survivors, Commander pushes a button that teleports everyone from the game to their respective zones
A guaranteed win : Find a Safe-Zone, push the button in it that locks you down in it so no CT can reach you till the end of the game. The door however can't be re-opened.

Optional : Add ladders inside the maze to take shortscuts over the walls or to juke CTs.

A sketch :
Spoiler!
The maze pattern can be changed so it can be harder.

My original idea btw.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

After discussing with uhu on discord we agreed on some games I'll elaborate further on.

Game/Idea Ramp grenade toss
Detailed description You'll line the Ts in a shoulder by shoulder line, one person at a time will go up the ramp. There'll be a grenade button next to the ramp. The ramp will launch them toward a wall with holes/goals in for the grenades to land. If the grenade lands correctly in the hole (could be indicated by the floor changing not killing the T or a green lit button to show the CTs he did well) that T will have succeeded the game and continue onto the next one. Until you have a desired amount of Ts.
Unique details specification(such as special traps, hidden rooms, invisible walls) None
Spoiler!
Suggested theme/texture I have no creativity and I'm indifferent towards this. I can come up with whole map themes but game-specific ones ... not so helpful here :/ I trust you guys can make it fit with the rest of your map theme <3 This'll remain true for the rest of the games I'll suggest, this is believing my ideas really wouldn't be good here and trust you to definitely do a better job of of that.

Game/Idea Falling grenade toss
Detailed description The Ts will stand in a waiting position up on a ledge, and one by one the Ts will jump off the ledge and try to hit a hole with a grenade midair. Like the previous game there will be a grenade button to assist with this. If they land it in the hole, they succeeded the game. Alternatively, it could be down a tube with a green-lit button as well (needed in this example, whereas in the first example it's only a convenience.
Unique details specification(such as special traps, hidden rooms, invisible walls) None
Spoiler!

Game/Idea Ladder race
Honestly I had a very messed up idea in my head that would probably be very messed up. However, I think Konijn had a good idea in his head trying to create a ladder race. Video and idea credit go to him entirely, here's the video:

You see the one he tries to reach but couldn't? Should add some of those (that are reachable ofc) but also more at the side so people have different routes. You could have some obstacles here and there like wooden blocks but imo not needed, should take about 15 seconds to complete and ladders should be small so it's relatively easy to fail and fall down.

Game/Idea Strafe obstacle course
Detailed description The Ts will take a starting position each, due to the nature of breakable glass we have to make several tracks. Or do that if they shoot a button it'll remove the glass temporarily, up to you. I have a track idea in my head, however that's a rough sketch and you can edit it as you please. The idea is to preserve your bullets so you can finish the race - if you run out of bullets you lose. If you can control your gun at high speed and take risks, play it well then you win hard. Or you can take it at a steady speed but not risk running out of bullets.
Spoiler!

You wanted something added to the he_glass nade game, not entirely sure what could be added but an alternative and new idea could be that it's in a strafe room.
Idea being: If you break the glass you get launched up in the air and die (spikes or something?)

Rough sketch:
Spoiler!
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Thank you for the suggestions. I've made a comment on most of the ideas. Some need to be worked on so I've given a small suggestion and you can re-suggest it in the future with any modifications. Others have good potential to be used on the next maps. If we use an idea it will be posted here.

@Shadi
Game 1: The midair grenade to hit a moving target is very interesting. Especially since you can aim accurately with grenades other than bullets. Depending on the difficulty it would either be a hit-or-die or fall down and TP to start again. We will have to test in-game to judge.

Game 4: Could be interesting, there aren't many ladder/KZ races with moving objects. Please elaborate on a full game structure regarding the ladders and traps positioning and different types.

Game 8: For a strafe race with breakable objects would need to test how fair it is with many people as the players from behind can overtake everyone without breaking an object. My guess is it's possible but much safer to have individual lanes so you have to break your own object. But, very interesting.

Game 9: Could be very interesting a fully underwater deathrun.

Game 10: Looks very interesting but not sure how it would work exactly with 20 Ts throwing grenades the game would end very fast.

@ hoho
Haven't played deathrun countryside to know this game. Would need a lot more details about this idea. Please elaborate with a fully developed sketch and description.

@ S.W.A.T
So a shooting game but with scores instead, it's very similar to the one in jail_midday_v2. Would need to be more unique with spice.

@SNap
Game 1: A deathrun field with some boosters. I've seen this already in some maps and it's not played very much. Perhaps you can spice up this area and make it new and interesting.

Game 2: Could be very interesting. So you want to be inside one of those old balls they used to play football, and be very careful with moving it to avoid death. It's a bit similar to the teleport game on temple but with a little more room to move and interesting obstacles/traps could be much better. Definitely needs more planning, try to spice it up.

@ Zeke
We do have a maze game in jb_snow and a hide-n-seek/maze on bananamuffin. I'm afraid it would end up as "another" hide-n-seek where CTs just go in to kill. However the safe-spots do give some spice, perhaps allowing the cts to enter from different locations would improve it. Could be interesting to use it as a first stage of a deathrun where you must run away from CTs first and then survive. Try to give it more spice.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Talking about this topic itself: the idea here is that you do the planning and we do the execution. For that we have suggested a format so you can give us the most information possible and make our lifes easier, so naturally suggestions that give only the overall idea of the game are interesting but not very helpful.

So starting from now you must follow the format to reply on this topic.

Return to “Mapping & Modding”