1. It's fine.
22%
2. It's too dark.
78%

Total votes: 9
Hadi

JB_Rainbow

Post by Hadi »

Hello everyone, due to covid19 i saw the server going up in players again (not like the old days but its okey .. ), so i said i need to finish what i started, i started remaking the remaking of the remake for the map i did a few years ago, i hope it would be in a good state to be played at May 2nd during the Happy Hour, you have my word i will finish this thing (i hope).

I got a preview of the map now if anyone want to see it (it's not ready for online just check it offline).
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2uj4h2cw ... p.rar/file

There is many many things left in my mind to do, and somethings need to altered like the Cells if no one likes them(not even dont yet)
I would love some positive feedback no need to roast me, also tell me if your FPS having problems

PS : I also made a zm map for some reason like a year ago, it's ready for online play(file with the jb file)
Last edited by Hadi on Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Failing is not falling down, it's refusing to get back up.

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
15% CONCENTRATED POWER OF WILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
This is a 100% REASON TO REMEMBER THE NAME!
Jak

Re: JB_Rainbow

Post by Jak »

It would be nice if you add to your post some screenshots for your map bro.
Most of players don’t know how to check it.
Thanks!
ما تعاملناا مع شراميط بس لعبناا كانتر مع ولادهم
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Hadi wrote:Hello everyone, due to covid19 i saw the server going up in players again (not like the old days but its okey .. ), so i said i need to finish what i started, i started remaking the remaking of the remake for the map i did a few years ago, i hope it would be in a good state to be played at May 2nd during the Happy Hour, you have my word i will finish this thing (i hope).

I got a preview of the map now if anyone want to see it (it's not ready for online just check it offline).
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2uj4h2cw ... p.rar/file

There is many many things left in my mind to do, and somethings need to altered like the Cells if no one likes them(not even dont yet)
I would love some positive feedback no need to roast me, also tell me if your FPS having problems

PS : I also made a zm map for some reason like a year ago, it's ready for online play(file with the jb file)
Glad you are working on your old map Hadi, hope you'll be able to finish it this time, bcs I did like your map.
Keep it up like tha and good luck bro!
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Supercell
nD* Jail Member

Post by Supercell »

Nice that u are still working on ur old map , I believe I checked it sometime in the past. Was it the map with the pyramids or is another one because I remember u made a map with pyramids one time and I liked that one a lot. If not , could u share some screenshots ?
Lionel Messi best player in football history
J4ck
nD Mapper

Post by J4ck »

few things I found

On deathrun the back of the blocks have NULL texture.
When you fail the deathrun you dont die instantly, you can go to the nearest block and stay in there. Also the is the first trap possible to pass?
NULL textures in the area behind the cage. the 2 entrances
The dropdown wall from the wipeout and nadegame
You can see most of the map if you dropdown to the bhop game, same for the other sides
The surf game is so tight, it cant even be played with 2 players with the blocks
Hadi

Post by Hadi »

Updated the map, So what's new !
1.Bug fixes
2. Added 2 rooms, to the left and right of the cage, a room contain an Obstacal course and DnJ, the other has Spin the Bottle and a Dance floor.
3.Removed the nade game and put a brand new game to JB i'll call sawgame :trollface: : This game is played with 10+ players, the players split into 2 platform(they can't switch) and given a mac10, once the game starts *something* will start spinning on the wall with a hole in it, and the gool is to shoot as many bullets as possible inside the hole that is spinning before the other team, there is a progress bar for each team(25 50 75 100%), first team to complete the task will survive the and other team get killed, also the seperation is automatic, no need for glow, the game might not work 100% because i test it alone offline.
4.A vent system that connects all 4 undergound rooms and the surface, and connects to the cells but only one can go throw the cells
5.A brand new cells for T's.(the one's who saw beta2 know this but i did what zero proposed) better looking, a hole on the roof of each cell will be opened and T's get pushed up then they jump down on a water area around the cells

Tell me your thoughts, if there is something wrong .. etc
And beta2 was testing a few days back not many got to see it so i just went here with 3.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/hbg6ou82 ... 3.rar/file

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
Hadi

Post by Hadi »

There is a problem with the ladders, will be fixed.

And here is some screenshots of the map, but these are from a newer version.
Here is the link : https://imgur.com/a/AthfLZc

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
Supercell
nD* Jail Member

Post by Supercell »

Hadi wrote:There is a problem with the ladders, will be fixed.

And here is some screenshots of the map, but these are from a newer version.
Here is the link : https://imgur.com/a/AthfLZc
So many colors xD
Lionel Messi best player in football history
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member

Post by ZeRo#1 »

I can imagine once everything is fixed and after a few changes here and there that it can be a good map. I also like a unique game like you are trying to create it right now. Keep up the good work!
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Real_Ananas

Post by Real_Ananas »

Hi ! first of all i want to thank hadi for the time and effort he putted into this map, i want to point out some things that have seen in the map that i think could be improved and be better:
-first of all is the surroundings: in my opinion what makes a great map is the setting that's it's set in what inspiration the map came from,as an example jb_lewayin by kakao it's inspired by the middle ages the surroundings and textures and the props are beautiful and detailed and that really adds up to the map's image and makes it more appealing, i recommend idk adding some rainbow structures that can fill the void make the map feel less big and empty .
-some flaws with the textures: i have seen many flaws such as see through walls,disappearing ladder's,gaps that can let's you see the skybox, things like that that can be easily fixed and i suggest adding signs that can help give a feeling of location to make it easy for the player to navigate where he is and which way he need to go to reach his destination, and maybe add draws or colorful graffitis on halls to make it feel alive like the rest of the map tha's better than blank wall.
idk i forgot what i wanted to add plus i haven't played explored the whole map yet so i haven't mentioned any things that regareds the map's games which are more important,visuals can be added last, i'm sorry if i couldn't describe my exact feelings about the map maybe i just could find the right words but anyway i love it and i think i would be even perfect if you put the hours in and finish it, good luck and thanks to everyone who's blessing this community with their own fabulous creations !
Last edited by Real_Ananas on Wed May 13, 2020 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawliet
neonDragon Admin

Post by Lawliet »

Hey, great job so far,,
Here is my feedback based on my experience playing this map yesterday,
1. Make it easier for CTs to kill remaining Ts in games without the CTs having to try to make these games to kill the Ts inside.
2. There was a race with a bhop part at the end. No more than 2 players can attempt to make the bhop at the same time, rest would have to wait for the blocks to come back up. This is not ideal as the more the map is played the quicker players would make it to this part, have 3/4 players try to make the bhop at the same time, pretty sure none of them would make it.
3. Trampoline race,, tried it for a few minutes, I know I'm a bit rusty but this game seemed nearly impossible.
4. This one is a personal preference, colors.. I get that the map theme is "rainbow" from its name. These bright colors don't have to be everywhere tho.

Other than that, the map seems good and I'd be happy to see it in the mapcycle once it's finalized. Keep up the good work!
Hadi

Post by Hadi »

Real_Ananas wrote:Hi ! first of all i want to thank hadi for the time and effort he putted into this map, i want to point out some things that have seen in the map that i think could be improved and be better:
-first of all is the surroundings: in my opinion what makes a great map is the setting that's it's set in what inspiration the map came from,as an example jb_lewayin by kakao it's inspired by the middle ages the surroundings and textures and the props are beautiful and detailed and that really adds up to the map's image and makes it more appealing, i recommend idk adding some rainbow structures that can fill the void make the map feel less big and empty .
-some flaws with the textures: i have seen many flaws such as see through walls,disappearing ladder's,gaps that can let's you see the skybox, things like that that can be easily fixed and i suggest adding signs that can help give a feeling of location to make it easy for the player to navigate where he is and which way he need to go to reach his destination, and maybe add draws or colorful graffitis on halls to make it feel alive like the rest of the map tha's better than blank wall.
idk i forgot what i wanted to add plus i haven't played explored the whole map yet so i haven't mentioned any things that regareds the map's games which are more important,visuals can be added last, i'm sorry if i couldn't describe my exact feelings about the map maybe i just could find the right words but anyway i love it and i think i would be even perfect if you put the hours in and finish it, good luck and thanks to everyone who's blessing this community with their own fabulous creations !
No, thank you my friend !
The theme of the map is Colors, thats where Rainbow come from, because the rainbow has many colors.
And i'm aware with the texture flaws, believe me some are not easy to fix if i want to do my way with the map, and i'll fix as many as i can hopefully all of them, adding signs is already known to me and will be implemented with the next version of the map (you can find signs in the Dnj, Obstacal, Trampoline games with the map i linked, tell me if you like them), and graffitis are a great idea sure i will look into that !
Lawliet wrote:Hey, great job so far,,
Here is my feedback based on my experience playing this map yesterday,
1. Make it easier for CTs to kill remaining Ts in games without the CTs having to try to make these games to kill the Ts inside.
2. There was a race with a bhop part at the end. No more than 2 players can attempt to make the bhop at the same time, rest would have to wait for the blocks to come back up. This is not ideal as the more the map is played the quicker players would make it to this part, have 3/4 players try to make the bhop at the same time, pretty sure none of them would make it.
3. Trampoline race,, tried it for a few minutes, I know I'm a bit rusty but this game seemed nearly impossible.
4. This one is a personal preference, colors.. I get that the map theme is "rainbow" from its name. These bright colors don't have to be everywhere tho.

Other than that, the map seems good and I'd be happy to see it in the mapcycle once it's finalized. Keep up the good work!
And i'm happy if you're happy !
1.Did some "Construction wood" that will allow to go around the Dnj and Obstacal games.
2.That's intended, and you don't need to bhop to cross, the goal with that is for T's to fight on who's going to win.
3.It's easy, just don't crouch and don't go around the holes ;)
4.I agree, most negative stuff came from the Red color in the Dnj,Obstacal,Trampoline games, this was fixed by replacing the fail area with white colored texture, and the safe with green.

I hope who played the map enjoyed ! and some of the things i did now :
1. Updated the DeathRun, now fully automatic with new cool traps.
2. Some people complained on the Surf so i just deleted it and put a brand new game, hope you guys like it !
3. The cells push up is now fixed, pushing cause by something called trigger_push, it's bugged in CS, so i just made to be on all the time.
4. Jigsaw game fixed.
5. Nade game updated.
6. Players getting killed at round start hopefully fixed, cells now bigger, also added ladders on the cells walls from outside.
7. Vent from the Cells been deleted, it's too powerful.
8. The blocks going up and down game, hopefully fixed now (please give me a name to this thing), if you block it you get killed.
9. Just a new signs for Dnj, Obstacal, Trampoline games, they are a bit bugged, signs will be added for the whole map.
10. some tiny stuff

Map link : https://www.mediafire.com/file/8c6sip05 ... r.rar/file

Lmao my change log is better than most games nowadays :trollface:

Edit : If you were up somehow at 8am like me and downloaded the map, it doesn't have the full files, if you played the first map everything is fine, i updated the link just in case.

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
Путинтебяобстрелит

Post by Путинтебяобстрелит »

Nice map Hadi, but for sure needs more spawn points. If its not a member online when its 20/30 people online then you fuckd
16:28 - .Cell.: cause ur black
Russia will rape ya.
Hadi

Post by Hadi »

Путинтебяобстрелит wrote:Nice map Hadi, but for sure needs more spawn points. If its not a member online when its 20/30 people online then you fuckd
"10. some tiny stuff" It include this bug. ;)

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
Lucius
nD* Jail Member

Post by Lucius »

Very nice map, a lot of games and new ideas. i really like it.
The only thing i would like to change is the colours, way too many textures and colours all over the map, cant really focus on the game.
I understand the name "Rainbow" but maybe add rainbows in the sky instead of rainbow colours all over the map.
These users thanked the author Lucius for the post:
J4ck
Yours sincerely, Lucius

Return to “Mapping & Modding”