[W.I.P] uhu maps

Maps, creations, help and ideas.
[email protected]$$

Re: uhu maps

Post by [email protected]$$ »

@uhu as u witnessed today in jb_solar_b2 the final part of the obstacle course..... I was stuck in that skipping thing and due to that I didn't make the game and I got killed. I don't know what it is called but I think it is the skipping rope part. I think you did understood me and see if you can fix it so other ppl don't get stuck in that part
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D
Supercell
nD* Jail Member

Post by Supercell »

The map looks really nice uhu and u made it very creative !! Good job !!

But I like to test the map , can u maybe give me a link so I can download it and give u some feedback if necessary ?
Lionel Messi best player in football history
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

got some tests coming up so next week will do some more work :ugeek:
MicroChip

Post by MicroChip »

Can you increase the distance between walls and the rotating cylinder in the 2nd part of wipeout game . Many people get stuck there and die.
Also at the beginning of the game, if 2 players spawn at the same time, the second one dies due to a glitch.

Also the lights off makes the map superdark and the button is abused a lot. Can you do something to it so that the lights off makes the map a little less darker and the button should not be abused. Eg: making the button an automatic button like in jb_community. Also if cts turn lights off during the hiding time, it becomes super difficult to find a hiding spot.

There are 2 songs in the disco game which may seem inappropriate because of the lyrics.

I feel the cells are too wide spread and the line is too long that it creates confusion. I understand the cells can't be fixed but could you reduce the length of the line?

Otherwise I love your map especially the textures, pool games, dnj, kz and cannons.
(^_-)
STEAM_0:1:207899326
:banana-rock: :happy-wavemulticolor:
Spoiler!
*DEAD* AL_7KoMa <3 : plzz no cmd you are very cmd man iam sry for that say
Elijahh : i am afk for 1 sec need to go toilet
Elijahh : if some1 can protect me i will protect you for ever
http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.ph ... =Search%21
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Hns button could use a bigger cooldown and should fix the obstacle race ct area on next version due to bug when you crouch. The wipeout game needs the damage because someone bugging it stop the whole game and everyone goes right through. The ropes at obstacle can't damage since it's an obstacle race, they're more of a trap/obstacle.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Once you click a button on your map (jb_solar), the doors stay open or closed the following rounds.
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

I think its the same with jbsnow when you open the deathrun door. Will investigate tho, might use a different function for the door
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

uhu wrote:I think its the same with jbsnow when you open the deathrun door. Will investigate tho, might use a different function for the door
Alright.

Also, the button to open the glass door in the control room is too close to the cell button. It's easy to accidentally open the cells instead of the glass door.
For HNS, is the HNS day over if someone turns on the lights again? Because then a CT has to camp the gunroom all day basically.
Supercell
nD* Jail Member

Post by Supercell »

I would suggest making the door to the control room a window which cant open because its really hard for cts to defend the gunroom at HNS for example. Maybe its better to put a normal window instead ?
These users thanked the author Supercell for the post:
[email protected]$$
Lionel Messi best player in football history
MicroChip

Post by MicroChip »

Is it possible to make the glass door be open-able from only one side (one way door) that would be much better. The gun room already has 2 entrances. The glass window makes it a third entrance to gunroom.
(^_-)
STEAM_0:1:207899326
:banana-rock: :happy-wavemulticolor:
Spoiler!
*DEAD* AL_7KoMa <3 : plzz no cmd you are very cmd man iam sry for that say
Elijahh : i am afk for 1 sec need to go toilet
Elijahh : if some1 can protect me i will protect you for ever
http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.ph ... =Search%21
Zeke

Post by Zeke »

MicroChip wrote:Is it possible to make the glass door be open-able from only one side (one way door) that would be much better. The gun room already has 2 entrances. The glass window makes it a third entrance to gunroom.
And u could make a solid door ( u cant open it) bcz the gunroom has already two doors

DeathRun :
At the surf part there are two obstacles and i think it's so hard to pass it , so make it one obstacle if possible just to make it easier
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Tixler wrote:
MicroChip wrote:Is it possible to make the glass door be open-able from only one side (one way door) that would be much better. The gun room already has 2 entrances. The glass window makes it a third entrance to gunroom.
And u could make a solid door ( u cant open it) bcz the gunroom has already two doors

DeathRun :
At the surf part there are two obstacles and i think it's so hard to pass it , so make it one obstacle if possible just to make it easier
I think it would be better if you can make the moving parts thinner. So instead of big boxes, it's rather thing walls that sticks out and in. And maybe add 1 more, so it's still difficult, but not near impossible.
Because if you stop before the first box, you don't really hand enough speed to continue, unless you go back up and gather more speed.
You have to time it really well and if there's multiple T's left, they might block and delay and so on.
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

note: it's a rebel map boys ;), if you position cts correctly(like on jb_snow) by covering each exit then you control Ts easily. Problem is you don't know the map yet ;)

Next version:

Fixed crouch bugs inside obstacle course and ct area
Changed two side doors on disco to one big door for better visibility and control
Changed doors function to func_door(has a reset cooldown to come back up) instead of func_wall_toggle that stays permanent when open
Bigger "tunnel" that connects gunroom to cells ct area so cts dont block each other, and better control
Cannons button directly opens the cannons(is green while they're open and grey when closed) to avoid confusion having to open from many sides
Changed cells button position to the side to avoid accidentally opening
Hns button now has special dimmed lights. Not a complete blackout and still playable if someone spams it
Made side signs(side A and side B) for better visibility when commanding line days
Mini wipeout(with massive axe) is slower and will only do one lap and then needs to be reactivated(was too powerful)
On deathrun surf: removed one of the yellow walls, there's one now with reduced speed(if you can't do that uninstall cs pls :P)
Made game signs for sliderace and wipeout, rest should be self-explanatory

To-do:
Change some songs from music game. Tweak the area
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Gj Uhu, well done on the changes.

It's worth mentioning though that sliderace is very solo based.
The design of the race itself, doesn't really allow many to do it at once.
I don't know if you want to keep that as part of the difficulty, but just thought I should mention it to you.
Majin Vegeta #BB
nD* Jail Member

Post by Majin Vegeta #BB »

Big problem, a lot of the time when the map is being switched to it causes everyone in the servers client to crash.

Return to “Mapping & Modding”