View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 10 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:09 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 

#1 Post DEVL - Advertising & Spamming
Name: DEVL
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:1093810970
Spoiler: show

Reason; Advertising and Spamming
Facts noticed: Same as mentioned above. Not hard to look up for them uhu. Pointless to type things twice in a row, if you can't add anything reasonable & worthy of mentioning, like in this case I would just be repeating myself.
Proof: http://imgur.com/a/4EQUx#0

Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:37 pm

#2 Post Re: DEVL - Advertising & Spamming
Not sure if this belongs in this topic but:
If someone is advertising, it's 99% of the time not them doing it on purpose. They went to a server that altered their bindings, binding for example mouse1 to an advertisement so they spam this every time they shoot.

Try telling them to go to keyboard settings and reset their bindings to default, this should remove the advertisements.

Dealing with the problem is always better than banning it.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:14 pm

#3 Post Re: DEVL - Advertising & Spamming
Marksel wrote:
Not sure if this belongs in this topic but:
If someone is advertising, it's 99% of the time not them doing it on purpose. They went to a server that altered their bindings, binding for example mouse1 to an advertisement so they spam this every time they shoot.

Try telling them to go to keyboard settings and reset their bindings to default, this should remove the advertisements.

Dealing with the problem is always better than banning it.

This was by purpose.
Hes not Valve player, so more likely he doesn't have advertisement bot.
He changed hes phrase several times and finally got it to work and started to advertise, even tough he got warned several times.
Also spam bots / advert bots don't often advertise that aggressively, 1-2 times regulary like each 30 second.

EDIT: Marksel, I misread.

Last edited by Dangan on Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:17 pm

#4 Post Re: DEVL - Advertising & Spamming
marksel we are aware of that. when we think its neccessary to report somebody spamming or advertising we made sure to ask if we can help them to unbind it. as they dont listen or dont care they are breaking our rules on the server on purpose, thats when we report. ;)

http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:18 pm

#5 Post Re: DEVL - Advertising & Spamming
Dangan wrote:
This was by purpose.
Hes not Valve player, so more likely he doesn't have advertisement bot.
He changed hes phrase several times and finally got it to work and started to advertise, even tough he got warned several times.
Also spam bots / advert bots don't often advertise that aggressively, 1-2 times regulary like each 30 second.

Did you read what I said?
He joined a server that REBINDED HIS KEYS TO ADVERTISE, I even gave the example where he advertises everyone he shoots to make it even more clear.
The fact that he is a valve players says NOTHING AT ALL in this case, we had plenty of people advertise just like this before someone that wasnt thinking at the time changed the servers to nonsteam.
Warning them doesnt really help as they dont know what it is that is making them spam/advertise.

@Kami, I didnt see any of that in the screenshots, which was why I made my reply.

Anyway, I'll let it rest before it goes too far offtopic.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:44 pm
neonDragon Admin

#6 Post Re: DEVL - Advertising & Spamming
Did some research and apparently this account has already been kicked twice for spamming(advertising) and isn't new to the servers at all so I've set him to a strike 1 + 72h ban.

And Dangan, It's not a matter of laziness to look what the evidence contains and that's not the reason why I tell you that you should fill the "Facts noticed" field. The reason why you have to do this is first because I tell you to do it; the second is because the form is to be filled correctly and you should know that since you been a member and before that you been a regular that reported and as such you must have read the How to request a ban sticky; and the thid because failing to fill the form may very well lead to it being declined. "Reason" and "Facts noticed" are not the same thing: in this case what you should have done was to type Spamming(advertising) on the Reason field and explain everything that happened on the Facts noticed field like you did on your second post.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:51 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 6 posts ]