View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:43 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

#1 Post[Declined] Unban req
- Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:54354531
- Nick INGAME: Playboy
- Admin/Member: Probably Konijn
- Reason of ban: Abuse (harassment)
- Which server you were banned in: All
- Date and time of the ban: Banned until 2016-10-07 20:18:35
- Motivation for an unban: So presumably ko9 said something about cancer towards me when he killed me in mic, so I jokingly returned with a comment "get 4 stages of cancer" then he bans me for 30 minutes, dealt with on the spot but I get striked 2 with a 1 week ban for something which was dealt already so it's pretty much unfair and biased. Furthermore, if this is how it is going to be then I don't see nD not far from a shithole.

P.S: Thanks for the backstab konijn, real gem.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:31 pm
neonDragon Admin

#2 Post Re: Unban req
I said nothing of the sort.

You complained that I ghosted you because I jump popped round a common hiding spot and killed you on a HnS day. I explained it was a common spot. You then proceeded to say "I hope you get 4 stages of cancer".

Perhaps you misunderstood me saying common as "cancer" (though I seriously doubt it).

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:43 pm

#3 Post Re: Unban req
You said something related to cancer for which I replied and I'm still amazed something dealt which in-game is brought up on forums for my second strike, real mature ko9, real mature.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:47 pm
neonDragon Admin

#4 Post Re: Unban req
Faptain Playboy~ wrote:
You said something related to cancer for which I replied and I'm still amazed something dealt which in-game is brought up on forums for my second strike, real mature ko9, real mature.

I absolutely did not, and never would use that to insult anybody in this community.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:49 pm

#5 Post Re: Unban req
Let us assume you didn't (which you did), it was dealt with in-game, why did you bring it up on forums? You banned me for 30 mins, justified, moved on however you still weren't satisfied so you went on forums and got me striked 2, pretty much the situation of this community, immature.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:51 pm
neonDragon Admin

#6 Post Re: Unban req
Faptain Playboy~ wrote:
Let us assume you didn't (which you did), it was dealt with in-game, why did you bring it up on forums? You banned me for 30 mins, justified, moved on however you still weren't satisfied so you went on forums and got me striked 2, pretty much the situation of this community, immature.

I'm sorry but I've been a member of this community for ~5 years now and I have never used such language or harassed someone harshly like that (I won't lie and say I've never harassed people, because I have, but nothing to the extent as you're claiming). Regardless, it's kind of pointless debating whether I did or did not because at the end of the day it is only your word against mine.

As far as your second gripe goes, I reported you via the strikelist and asked an admin to handle the report. You had already received a warning from Lien for your abusive behaviour just over 1 month ago so as far as I'm concerned this strike is more than warranted.

I won't bother to reply to this topic any more as I've given my side of the story and I'll let the powers that be and/or observers draw their own conclusions.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:58 pm

#7 Post Re: Unban req
I don't really remember who were in the server at that time but the 1-2 people who were there confirmed you said cancer and not really if you said something bad which instigated to say something like that, thus making your word count too.

You ban me for 30 minutes and like the little snitch you are you go on reporting too, something dealt with already, brought up again is real mature from you. Member for ~5 years and still such attitude, good job.

Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:02 pm

#8 Post Re: Unban req
I'm not going to participate in your dispute, I only will say to you that konijn isn't man with whom you can make jokes, he absolutely doesn't understand it. He reacts on much thing like negro on one famous word (it's not insulting or harassment, just comparison). You should understand it.

What about report - he made it non-public, it means that you can't see it, only members and admins can. So I provide here respond from lien, just for you know for what you got ban. hope it will help you to solve misunderstanding with konijn:

Accepted by: Lien~
Given strike 2 + 120 hours ban
Note: I am disappointed in you Playboy. Not long ago did you promise me you'd behave yourself. Not only did you harass with cancer, you wished it upon someone? This screenshot alone isn't worth a Strike 2, but your logs for tonight would be enough for a perm ban. Behave yourself or you will find yourself permed very soon!

@Lien
When I was reading this respond, I had feeling that you adressed it to playboy. But he can't see this report even after it was closed, cuz it's non-public.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:36 am

#9 Post Re: Unban req
The admins can check the logs to see if Konijn said that and I actually think Konijn can check it too.

But frankly Playboy, according to what Lien said that Raven copied too:
Note: I am disappointed in you Playboy. Not long ago did you promise me you'd behave yourself. Not only did you harass with cancer, you wished it upon someone? This screenshot alone isn't worth a Strike 2, but your logs for tonight would be enough for a perm ban. Behave yourself or you will find yourself permed very soon!

It seems to me that you did not get banned solely based on what you said to Konijn, but on your overall chatlogs for that night alone.
So whether he provoked you into saying that or said that to you first, wouldn't really make any difference in the ban you received, as you didn't receive it because of that thing alone.

In terms of being a snitch and so on, if that's the case then all members and everyone who reports are snitches.
It helps us a great deal they're snitches, because it removes players from our servers, that are not fit for them right now and might need a time out to adjust their behaviour, so they're ready for our servers.

I'm not saying you're a harasser, but the chatlogs speaks for themselves, even if all of it was jokes and never meant to hurt or provoke or harass anyone, it doesn't mean anyone is allowed to use them in an excessive extent.
I have some words that I don't allow on the servers, words like "whore" and "nigger". I will be very harsh on those who won't stop using them. Even if they're said like a joke and so on, I will not allow them on our servers.
Maybe Konijn feels the same with the word you used and that's why he reported you. Normally such a report would be declined because it's too little proof, but that might be why Lien checked your chatlogs and decided to strike you for them.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:16 am

#10 Post Re: Unban req
Ko9 used a mic to speak so if definitely isn't in his chatlogs and yeah I harassed in arabic to a wall and nothing was directed to anyone at all at any point. Its like saying a wall felt harassed let's ban him and pretty much everyone harasses in frustration like "fuck" but it isn't meant for anyone, they don't get banned do they but I do and since members told me to not to harass in public, I harass friends in PM (definitely breaking rules for listening to members, ban playboy). Ko9 said cancer related on his mic and I replied but ko9 doesn't get anything cause there isn't any proof against him but there is proof against me saying and doing things which everyone does but only I get banned. If your bringing up my chat logs, supposedly ask before doing anything (inb4 "don't tell me what to do" reply).

Ko9 said something on mic, I replied, he banned for 30 minutes, moved on but no he has to report since banning isn't sufficient and that's bitchy attitude.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:34 am

#11 Post Re: Unban req
You're definitely not the only one who gets banned based on chatlogs or for harassment. Many are and that's because there's a limit to how often one can say certain things during a day. In the sense that if you harass every map (even if not directed to anyone) it's too much, but doing it once in a while is okay.
Like I sometimes says "fuck"and so on, but I don't do it a lot and I don't get complaints about the language and if you looked through my chatlogs it would take quite a while to find these words.

But with others it's very often that these words are being used and there's this common missunderstanding on the JB server right now.
And that is "others don't get reported for it, so why did I?" and that's simply because we have a lot of things to take care of, so we don't do everything.
It gets taken care of 1 by 1 and in this case it happened to be you.
You're not the only one who has come with this reaction and you will most likely not be be the last.
Many keep on saying "you didn't stop that one, why did you stop me?" or "they did it, so why can't I?" and the players on the server got to learn that just because some gets by after breaking the rules, doesn't mean everyone it's allowed.
And also, harassment has a limit, you gotta stay below that limit and if you went over it and got reported for it, you get striked.
Even though there's some who goes over it but doesn't get striked for it, because they don't get reported.

But like I try to tell the players on the server, we don't see everything, so if you see someone breaking the rules often, please report them.
I would also like to say, the has been players who have complained about your behaviour on the servers, so don't think this is a one time one hit kind of thing. And admins don't hand out bans left and right for no apparent reason and also I would like to add this from a report made on you 2016/08/22
Declined by: Lien~
Note: "While I do not condone this type of behaviour at all, I have spoken to Playboy and have given him a very harsh warning. If he harasses or shows any bad behaviour from here on I will instantly accept the report and add a firm ban to his Strike 2."
That's Lien's note on a report made on you. That's about 1 and a half month ago and getting a warning like this means you cannot harass of any kind or use any kinds of harassive words.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:21 pm

#12 Post Re: Unban req
It was jb_arsenal only and I stopped playing cs 1.6 for a month. I came back on tuesday-friday and currently I hardly have 18 hours in-game but I comeback to get motivated but I get banned on saying things to a wall and harassing my friend in PM in one map only, great nD, keep flourishing.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:39 pm

#13 Post Re: Unban req
But don't you see the issue then? If you've taken a month break, has 18 hours play and you're already harassing using words like those and who knows for what reason you were harassing a wall, you were still harassing.

The warning isn't only meant for you to not harass others, but in general not using these kinds of words or behave in this way.
It's not like you're permbanned or anything, but I strongly suggest you try to keep these kinds of words out of the nD servers, even in PM's and so on.
You can spam them all you want on Steam, as you don't get strikes for that, but try to refrain from using them on the server.
You also need to remember, as you've been warned (the declined report with a warn) + this report and strike, means that you're more likely to get reported and striked for less proof than others, since continueing behaving in this way, shows that you haven't learned from the warnings, reports, bans and strikes.

Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:49 pm

#14 Post Re: Unban req
Lol, Playboy cancer isn't such a small word to play with.

I remember 3 years ago when Maki striked me just for saying "his cancer mother" once, when you realise what you said it's not something to joke about.

Image Image

Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:12 pm

#15 Post Re: Unban req
It got dealt with in-game, why is he so bitchy and brought it up on forums.

Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:09 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next