I was banned for my nick i guess

Post by Natehiggers »

- Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:70786
- Nick INGAME: Nate Higgers
- Admin/Member: Monsieur Kalvin Kandie
- Reason of ban: No reason specified but i guess it was my nick
- Which server you were banned in: Jailbreak
- Date and time of the ban: 5:20 PM London Time
- Motivation for an unban: When an admin asks me to change my name i always do, but since this is my regular name in counter strike i don't really think of it too much when joining a server. Excpet this time i was just insta banned 2 mins after joining CT.

Side note: Wether my nick name is actually offensive is up to your own interpretation, i play with it on US servers where there are actual black people and people just laugh their ass off to it and just take it as light humor, which is exactly what it was intended to be.
Joel Miller

Re: I was banned for my nick i guess

Post by Joel Miller »

I guess it was for your nick but it was Waschera not me ;)

Even if you dont mean it offensive its really near to the racism version, so better change it officially to another nick.
Natehiggers

Post by Natehiggers »

Yes, but you have to realize that you mustn't take everything so seriously. I don't understand why such concern has risen up around my nick when its clearly put up there as a joke. I mean, when you see it you understand it's a joke, maybe smile at it and carry on with your game. It's not disrupting your game play in any way. The term "N***ers" is mainly of american culture and as i mentioned earlier i play with actual black people with that name, and they even laugh. So i highly doubt that some European person might have actually found this offensive towards themselves. I understand admins are trying to be politically correct but that's not even it, political correctness is something different. This whole speculation around my name started only when some admin whose name i cant remember did the max_name command on me and changed it. He then told me that i couldn't keep that name, but before that nobody was bothered in any way shape or form, a lot of them even had a good laugh at it. People were just having a good time in the server and playing the game, at some point i feel that people are forgetting that even though they are admins the whole point they're in here is to have fun.
Kwaakt

Post by Kwaakt »

Sorry if this is counted as spam, I was about to report you for having this name on the forum. But the unban request is already related to your name so im writing it here. Its clearly making a suggestion for what the name can be read like.
I find it offensive.
Natehiggers

Post by Natehiggers »

Kwaakt wrote:Sorry if this is counted as spam, I was about to report you for having this name on the forum. But the unban request is already related to your name so im writing it here. Its clearly making a suggestion for what the name can be read like.
I find it offensive.
It amazes me that you were about to take the time out of your day to report me instead of just continuing with playing your game, I would like you to elaborate on why my name made you feel offended, because if you realy were offended then i can't imagine how easily irritable/offendable you must be in real life. I mean, you read a name, something, on a game, the name of a player, and you would go on the forums and do everything in your power to have that precise name removed. My question to you is: How do you manage things that offend you in life? Because i guarantee you that in life it's not every slightest thing that "offends you" that's gonna grant you the power to go and complain about it to have it removed from your life. (considering that in this case it doesn't affect your life nor the game play)
And yes it is making a suggestion to what the name can be read like, but it is people that point in all directions screaming "racism" even at the lightest of humorist approaches that spread it out. And to support my statement is the fact that nobody said anything negative about my name before an admin labelled it as racist. I even played with neon dragon for many hours straight. He never said a thing. And I'm sure as hell that he saw my name because he responded to my all chat messages countless times.
bis

Post by bis »

technically "nate higgers" is a spoonerism for "hate niggers" so ye stop being a retard

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoonerism
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

You were asked to change your name by an admin, which you did. And yet you changed it back after several warnings of many types. If you don't follow the commands of members and admins you risk getting banned regardless of the level of racism on your name. You got temporarely banned for 4 hours, sit it out and think about your actions.

If you want to discuss the level of racism on your name or the procedure of moderation on racist cases I advice you to contact an admin for more details. General rule racism is not allowed in any form, being a joke or serious, and will be punished more severely than common rule breaks such as harassment, freekills.

Closed.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Declined

Although I generally don't mind such names myself, per se. If the person in question has been asked to change it and has refused to do so, that alone is punishable as it is. That put aside, people are clearly offended by it and that's enough reason for us to have taken action. I'm sorry, but this request is declined.

I also strongly advise you to change your name to something more fitting, if you decide to come play again after your ban is over.

If you'd like to take this whole name thing up for discussion, feel free to PM the entire Admin Group. Thank you.

Edit: Just seen uhu has handled it already. I stayed on this page for a while and as such missed his response. Mb!

edit uhu: noob

Return to “Jail/TTT Trash”