[Declined] L.A.P.D's application

All declined Applications are stored here.
gal

Re: L.A.P.D's application

Post by gal »

smh what did I tell you
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

If anyone post 1 more post with a meangless comment, they'll get forum striked.

This is a last warning to everyone.
This section is for serious replies only. It's about giving your viewpoints of the applicant as well as your vote.
Stop discussing other player's opinions, it's not your job to do that and it has no place on an application.

Applicants are allowed to explain and clarify situations and votes. But the rest of you shouldn't meddle with it.
SosA

Post by SosA »

I don't see one reason why this kid should be a member? Jesus I used to play with this kid I know everything about him, half of what he said was bull shit. All this kid wants is power to fuck around
MEEEEEEAAAAAAT!
Dee Dee

Post by Dee Dee »

SosA' #DeePatrick wrote:I don't see one reason why this kid should be a member? Jesus I used to play with this kid I know everything about him, half of what he said was bull shit. All this kid wants is power to fuck around
It's not you who is applying, Sosa.

Also, try to make a constructive reply and just to remind you:
Patrick wrote:Refrain from spamming the application.
Feel free to give your opinion on the applicant following the correct format:
Spoiler!
You may only respond to an application using the following ways:

Members/Regulars
Positive:
-
-
-

Negative:
-
-
-

Conclusion: yes/no because **insert reason*

Short message: **example: Good luck, I hope you get it**

So to put it in words, you have to list the pros and cons, sum up the conclusion and then you may write a short good luck wish. Any replies other than the above will be deleted.

OR

By formatting a post containing reasons and that is constructive to the topic.

Good example
Spoiler!
I've known you for a while and I think you have a lot of excellent traits both in personality and understanding. You're smart for your age and see stuff ways no one else does. You care for the community and it seems like no matter what happens on it and what pisses you off you come back and I think you could do well as a member. Simply because you did so for long until one screw up happened (after the big warning you got). You got a mic, you seem to use it; you're somewhat active (but typically play more than you normally do in the application time). That shouldn't be taken into account as we saw how active you were back when you were on your report spree. You also act a little nicer in your application time and started posting more (you should post a little more than you currently do though) but I guess you just took a break from nD.

I'm also gonna be honest, you can get on people's nerves from time to time and whether you don't mean it in a serious way you do randomly do stuff you shouldn't (in addition to the apparent past slips and mistakes that are known to everyone). So basically, cut down on the drama-queening/overreacting/over-dramatising on some situations. However, you're loyal and I know you'd use the powers in the right mindset so I'd like to see you have another chance, yes. If you do not get accepted, there's obviously too much weight on your past and if that's all that's gonna be taken into account then it'd be a pretty silly reason to stop your application from getting accepted.

Bad example

This guy is awesome, please accept him. You get my yes bro, I love you!!
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

SosA' #DeePatrick wrote:I don't see one reason why this kid should be a member? Jesus I used to play with this kid I know everything about him, half of what he said was bull shit. All this kid wants is power to fuck around
If you want to make a reply on an application, follow the form Dee Dee quoted.

These type of replies will just be ignored at the admin meeting, as they offer nothing but an angry comment we can't use to anything.
If you're so against someone becoming a member, you should follow that form and explain in a proper way why you're thinking they should or should not be a member.
Instead of just writing an angry reply that just comes off as an insult.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

You do realise that people can change yeah? Coming here whilst having no clue whether or not he has improved, does not just show your lack of seriousness > it also makes you look like a fool as all you do is throw around insults towards a 15 year old kid! Next time, show some respect or don't bother replying at all! Smh :snooty: :naughty:

L.A.P.D, I've not been very active in-game, but looking at the member-replies as well as for checking your logs, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. You seem to know the rules (and explain them now and again), you like to tell people when they do things wrong and remain friendly throughout. You seem to be known, and your English is great (not to mention the fact that your arab background will have a huge impact too).

Now, I'm not sure whether this whole 'new you' is genuine or just a thing you're going through as you're an applicant right now, but I'd like to hope it's the former?

As for my vote; I think I'd go with an extend as I do see potential but I wanna make sure you're ready.

I wish you the best of luck with your application!
These users thanked the author Lien~ for the post:
Romeo
Griezman

Post by Griezman »

Lien~ #SneLV3 wrote:
SosA' #DeePatrick wrote: L.A.P.D, I've not been very active in-game, but looking at the member-replies as well as for checking your logs, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. You seem to know the rules (and explain them now and again), you like to tell people when they do things wrong and remain friendly throughout. You seem to be known, and your English is great (not to mention the fact that your arab background will have a huge impact too).
Sorry, but i'm a bit curious .. how can his "arab background" affect him?
Do you mean by commanding?

As for you lapd, you seem very positive and very excited to help others .. keep up the good work and you will get there.
These users thanked the author Griezman for the post:
Romeo
Voropoulo
neonDragon Admin

Post by Voropoulo »

I guess she meant that he's gonna be able to translate a lot of arab words + moderate someone who's harassing etc. And that's true. We have many players who speak only arabic and Lapd could help Point on it. Anyways, Lapd, you are one of the friendliest guys that I've met here. Your smile makes me always smile and i know that you can be trustful. I don't doubt about your rules knowledge and I'm sure that if you don't know something or if you are confused about something you will ask around so you can be sure and do not take the wrong decision. I'm not gonna give you my vote here since I don't want to give it to you and not to the other applicants.
These users thanked the author Voropoulo for the post (total 2):
Romeo, woOW
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

Griezman wrote:
Lien~ #SneLV3 wrote:
SosA' #DeePatrick wrote: L.A.P.D, I've not been very active in-game, but looking at the member-replies as well as for checking your logs, I must say I'm pleasantly surprised. You seem to know the rules (and explain them now and again), you like to tell people when they do things wrong and remain friendly throughout. You seem to be known, and your English is great (not to mention the fact that your arab background will have a huge impact too).

As for you lapd, you seem very positive and very excited to help others .. keep up the good work and you will get there.
A huge part of this community speaks arab (is that the way to say it?! or is it 'the arab language'? - dunno). Anyway, lots of people harass, not only in the chat but also in their mics. Having members that are bilingual or multilingual is a huge pro (imo), and it doesn't only work in their favour, it does so for the community and its regulars too. Imagine having new players that have no clue what to do? They expect members to help them out, and members that can do so in their own language is sometimes 10x easier and effective.

No, not by commanding. Commanding should only be done in English (:
SosA

Post by SosA »

@Lien - Why should I give him so respect? He treats me like shit after I taught him how to use the forums on steam (probably he doesn't remember) Even tho I'm not active on the severes, He would not be able to handle a whole server, imo he would leave the team in estimating 1-2 months
MEEEEEEAAAAAAT!
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Lien~ #SneLV3 wrote:
Griezman wrote:
Lien~ #SneLV3 wrote:

A huge part of this community speaks arab (is that the way to say it?! or is it 'the arab language'? - dunno). Anyway, lots of people harass, not only in the chat but also in their mics. Having members that are bilingual or multilingual is a huge pro (imo), and it doesn't only work in their favour, it does so for the community and its regulars too. Imagine having new players that have no clue what to do? They expect members to help them out, and members that can do so in their own language is sometimes 10x easier and effective.

No, not by commanding. Commanding should only be done in English (:
it is called arabic m8.

regarding L.A.P.D, i think he is much nice guy, has a gr8 sense of humor, easy to talk to, has a lot of reports, moderates well, is of gr8 age. i vote yas, gl m8.
These users thanked the author Cruxell for the post:
Lien~
Joel Miller

Post by Joel Miller »

Hey El aye pee dee.

Pro

- Good english level
- Nice, kind and friendly
- You bring a good atmosphere to the server
- You care a lot for the community in all tasks, no doubts
- You definitly moderate well and keep a polite tone, even when the moderated guys get rude on you *(see conclusion)
- report amount has improved, also your reports have quality
- You command frequently ; you take over/switch sides when its needed
- You report appearing bugs, when you see/notice them
EDIT - Also you call for members to deal with situations instantly to solve problems ASAP. I mention it to show your report history would actually be bigger but you prefer to solve it fast instead of claiming report over report.

Neutral

- Forum acitvity/appearance : Well you are active on forums but mostly in "spam" sections. I also saw some overdoing here, where it was not your task to moderate.

- Age/Authority : You are indeed a young guy and as zaptor stated you need to be more strict sometimes when you moderate. Without powers you need to make your words count in a friendly but strong way of word choosing, since you cant punish them for their missbehaviour. But i have also seen often enough that players listen to you / calm down after you talked to them!

Since i see it like Zaptor i will just qoute him here:

- Rule knowledge: Try to get a better understanding of the overall rules and read up on them. Not all rules are "written", this is where your personal judgment comes in. Get involved, discuss and learn from your own and others mistakes - as well as watching members/staff/regulars when an argument breaks out. If you are not certain about a rule, ask someone who knows instead of blatantly acting on your own or use the small discussion/question topic. /// However i actually see a bit improvement on that since Zaptors reply. But still you need to work on that.

Con

Tbh i dont see any real con now. All things tha were a con for me on the day of your application have improved and are now listed as neutrals.

Conclusion: *to all over mentioned "over moderating": I have played quite alot with you recently and hower it might have been like that some time ago, you improved on that and decide now better when its really needed to moderate and when not. Also i want to state that i rather give someone a shot that over moderates than seeing members that lack of moderation. For me you are worth a trial to show us that u can handle it. Yes
Last edited by Joel Miller on Sat May 27, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Joel Miller for the post:
Romeo
Supercell
nD* Jail Member

Post by Supercell »

Hey L.A.P.D

Pros :

-One of the friendliest guys in this community
-Moderates when needed
-Reports , u report a lot
-U are a good ct and never play around but instead u ask the cts who play around to pay attention
-Mature, I think u are mature enough in my eyes , even if u troll sometimes (not in a bad way)
-One of my biggest pros is that I see u have really improved since ur last application and I see in u that u want to help this community a lot. Really good that u improved in ur cons from ur last application.

Neutrals:

-I know u moderate a lot and thats good but I have seen and also heard from other people that u over-moderate. With that I mean u moderate too much and not all people like to get moderated every second when they make a fault or whatever. I already told u too not do this so please work on this. Its not a really big deal.

Cons:

-I actually dont see any cons

Conclusion:

You have worked really hard the last time and u have improved a lot since ur last application. I know u care a lot about this community and want to help it. But try to fix my neutral thing I mentioned.

I dont see why u can't get accepted at this moment. U earn a trial to show us what u can do with powers, YES.
These users thanked the author Supercell for the post:
Romeo
Lionel Messi best player in football history
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Hey L.A.P.D!

Nice to see that you are willing to help the community!

But personally I think it's too soon for you mate, but let's go on with pro's and cons.

Pro's:

-English knowledge -> it's pretty good

-You are friendly

-You are dedicated

-You report, that's good shows that you care about the server

Neutrals:

-Rule knowledge -> it's good but could be a little more updated!

-I don't think you've got the authority needed yet to control the server and calm them down I know you can't do much without powers but that's the image you give off.

-Commanding -> I think you should try to command more succesful and variated days, as you always do the same and don't always take the charge in commanding step up boy.

Cons:

-In my eyes you over-moderate too much, everything someone does wrong instead of educating him you tell him not to do it even if it's something small. You should really work on this, you need to make a line between edgy stuff and stuff that are really a no-go. You need to be a moderator, not a scoping cop!

-Age -> you are pretty mature for your age but there are signs that show you're still 15

Sorry but for me it's a no for me, the neutrals and cons overweigh the pros you've got.
However, I do see great potential in you work on the stuff mentioned and I'm sure that there will be a spot there for you.
These users thanked the author doeda for the post:
Romeo
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Romeo

Post by Romeo »

Thanks for the replies so far, again I appreciate the time you guys took.

@Lien, him and voro thanks for the replies hopefully I will meet your intentions

@Joel and Supercell I will try my very hardest to make the neutrals, pros so I got nothing in the middle and hopefully I meet your intentions as well, thanks for replies
Spoiler!
doeda wrote:Hey L.A.P.D!

Nice to see that you are willing to help the community!

But personally I think it's too soon for you mate, but let's go on with pro's and cons.

Pro's:

-English knowledge -> it's pretty good

-You are friendly

-You are dedicated

-You report, that's good shows that you care about the server

Neutrals:

-Rule knowledge -> it's good but could be a little more updated!

-I don't think you've got the authority needed yet to control the server and calm them down I know you can't do much without powers but that's the image you give off.

-Commanding -> I think you should try to command more succesful and variated days, as you always do the same and don't always take the charge in commanding step up boy.

Cons:

-In my eyes you over-moderate too much, everything someone does wrong instead of educating him you tell him not to do it even if it's something small. You should really work on this, you need to make a line between edgy stuff and stuff that are really a no-go. You need to be a moderator, not a scoping cop!

-Age -> you are pretty mature for your age but there are signs that show you're still 15

Sorry but for me it's a no for me, the neutrals and cons overweigh the pros you've got.
However, I do see great potential in you work on the stuff mentioned and I'm sure that there will be a spot there for you.

@Doeda I would like to argue that I change everyday(in a good way) I always look at the cons and neutrals and try to improve them and nowadays you join for literally 10 mins then leave I would like you to look at me more, watch me closely and take things from my side, I have improved on moderating (imo) and you can see that I am not over doing at least as much I used to do it but you just need to see it. Try to play with me a little more, thats my suggestions. Hopefully I will change your mind with the "new me" as lien said. Again thanks for the reply and I will try my best to improve.

Edit: I over moderate because I have no powers to stop them from rule breaking, so I keep warning if he keeps going I will tell a member/admin online otherwise I will report. +Something I think is/might be true is all people who gave me a no dont play with me that much, all the people who gave me a no but zaptor. I appreciate you guys being honest, thanks!

Return to “Declined Applications”