[Accepted] Lucius Applies!

All accepted Applications are stored here.
Lucius
nD* Jail Member

Lucius Applies!

Post by Lucius »

Well, hello!

I've been wondering a lot about applying for member, and I thought its time to do it after all these years playing here. I think the vast majority of you know me already both on the forums and ingame. I’ve talked to some of you on steam and said that I do not have the time to apply because I would be gone for the summer, but now it seems like I going to have a lot of time, hence the apply. Please take your time reading this application and tell me whatever you think about me, but please reply but be constructive. I love to get feedback, but I love the feedback even more when people tell me what I’m doing wrong and how I could improve it. My first apply viewtopic.php?f=61&t=22891
(Asked lawliet to edit it out due to too personal information were in the apply, i even told him want him to edit it not because i wanted to reapply, now a lot have changed for me since 22 Apr 2020 and was able to have time for neonDragon, more than i thought. )

Steam ID
STEAM_0:0:47861091

- Nickname
Lucius

- Sex
Male

- Experience Level (including any previous admin work)
I've been moderating some servers before, but that was when I was 15 or 16 years old and had deathmatch servers of our own. I was familiar with the UAIO menu and the AMXMODMENU, but I do not recall everything from it.

- Average amount of time on our servers per day
Approximately 2-5 hours.

- Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers?
I started to play on the servers somewhere around 2011, ever since then I fell in love with the game mod and the people there. So that means I've been playing here for over 9 years and its really something seeing how the community have developed and changed over the time. Still till today I enjoy playing here of course, but I do miss the good old days and the old admins and regulars.

- Do you have a working mic?
Yes

- About me & Motivation

Who is this Lucius?
Well my name is Laith, I prefer to be called Leffe in the outer world. Like mentioned before, I’m 21 years old. I took a break from neonDragon from approximately 2016/17 to 2020, in the meantime I focused on my studies and I joined the Swedish armed forces as a tanker. My year in the army have evolved me and my personality in a huge good way, neither me nor my friends say that I’m the same person as I was, which makes me happy because I see that as an improvement and I strive to be as good as possible for my people and the people around me.

Thankfully I passed my studies in the “high school” and the army with good grades, which made me decide to take a part time job in the army and pursue a higher education. Currently I’m living alone in my own apartment and studying Master of Engineering in Electronics Design (5 years). My field of study can be explained as “the making of motherboards from scratch, from adding the small resistors to making a BIOS (basic input/output system)”. Which is so nerdy I can’t even explain.

What do you do in your free time?
Well I love to cook and be in a good shape, so a lot of my free time is spent in the kitchen (I know lmao) making good and healthy food, I also love to go to the gym and out in the wilds to run with weigh vest, and of course lastly gaming. Of course, listening to music is a part of my routine.

Why the heck is he applying?
Well I’m applying because I would like to contribute to the community in anyway possible. Personally, I think the Jail team now is good and to be honest doesn’t need any addition. Every time I’ve called for help, they are there and help with whatever, which makes me happy. Now, you’re maybe thinking for yourself “why are you applying then”. Well it’s like I said above I would like to help out this community to the better and contribute with whatever knowledge I know, because its something I’ve grown up with and is not easy to let go.

Like Jellow once said,
“nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its expiration date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.”
And I couldn’t agree less.

There are though times where I play very odd hours of the day and I notice a lot of rule breaking and it doesn’t happen often that the team is online or available to join and moderate, I understand they have a life outside of neonDragon too, and its for these small hours of the day I would like to be there to make the server as a good place for everyone to be in.

Thanks for reading
// Lucius
Last edited by Lucius on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yours sincerely, Lucius
Kurza

Re: Lucius Applies!

Post by Kurza »

In my perspective you're a funny and a positive dude which brings joy in the server whenever he joins. He has great attitude and can totally control his anger from what i've seen imo. I played with you for like 2months and I never saw you breaking any rules or something that 'counts' against the rules. What im concerned about are the in-game rules if you have enough experience of them. Other than that I think you would be a great addition in the member team. You got my yes lad gl
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

Kurza wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:59 pm
In my perspective you're a funny and a positive dude which brings joy in the server whenever he joins. He has great attitude and can totally control his anger from what i've seen imo. I played with you for like 2months and I never saw you breaking any rules or something that 'counts' against the rules. What im concerned about are the in-game rules if you have enough experience of them. Other than that I think you would be a great addition in the member team. You got my yes lad gl
since there's no thanks button, I agree.
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Hadi

Post by Hadi »

Since the time i've seen you comeback to the server, all i have seen is good attitude, i don't recall any moment that you raged or started screaming or going toxic mod,
I see you might be fit for an admin on the server, someone with reason and patience, always in a good mood.

Yes.
Failing is not falling down, it's refusing to get back up.

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
15% CONCENTRATED POWER OF WILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
This is a 100% REASON TO REMEMBER THE NAME!
Abooooookkkk

Post by Abooooookkkk »

Hello lucissoo!!

pros:

-you have a good english

-calm and u always cmd when u in the ct team

- u moderate in the server and active too

- Your rule knowledge is in place

-never saw u abuse or break rules

cons:

-i cant find any cons for u :)

Conclusion:

In general you got my yes :)
Lucius
nD* Jail Member

Post by Lucius »

Hello again, thank you for your kind replies.

As for the rule-knowledge/experience. I will do my best to improve in that area and will certaninly read the rules once again!
Yours sincerely, Lucius
Sloth

Post by Sloth »

Havent played with u recently (soz)

But back when we used to play I remember u as a funny, positive and in general a great guy. I do believe this position will suit you perfect as there is a desperate need for even more members who are fun and not neo-nazis with everything going on. U have my yes gl
SNap
VIP

Post by SNap »

Pros
- English is good enough
- Known and respected
- Rule knowledge
- Fun to play with
- Can command good days

Neutrals
- Moderation & Helping out

Cons
- Forum activity, participation in potentially important discussions
- Reports

Based on more pros u got, you get my yes, the other things are easy to fix. Goodluck Lucius!

“Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”
Lucius
nD* Jail Member

Post by Lucius »

Thank you once again for your votes and replies. I’ll work on the neutrals and cons listed above.
Yours sincerely, Lucius
Malawi*

Post by Malawi* »

Always positive and calmed even when i get cheeky :), Always try to be positive and also listens his Counterpart and approaches him, good luck
good boy:)
wodeen++

Post by wodeen++ »

your positive soul and fun character is unique and quite needed in each corner of any community, literally saw you for the first time about two months ago and i can tell, you made some good impressions. This, however, should not essentially contradict the character of the typical solid member material which can be proven through how you deal with difficult situations, which of course is going to happen sooner or later. And just wanted to highlight that the latter "two months" i mentioned here is not regarded as an issue at all, it's never about time but mostly experience. I'm nowhere near making decisions here but i really believe you deserve a trial to prove yourself.

Good luck!
Everything in this world is either a potato or not a potato
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Hi.

Pros
  • Omg, Lucius Fox to protect Batman's back - this is very important.
    Oh, I'm an admin and should take this seriously? Well fuck...
  • Active; really active in-game and hyperactive on the forums/chatbox
    According to our activity tracker and seeing how often you're around on the forums/chatbox, it's clear to me that you're one of the more engaged people in this community activity-wise
  • Well known
    I think most people in the community will at least have heard about you, or your hair
  • Friendly
    You always have a cheery attitude, and never seen you bring negativity to the server. Friendly front-end is important for community image
  • Communication
    You express your sentences in a way that are very easy to understand.
  • Composed
    Never seen you lose your shit, it's important to always seem composed and even if you're not count to 10 and then act - I don't believe you'd have any issue doing this
  • Loyalty, long-time regular
    You've been here much longer than a lot of people nowadays, never seen you run off or choose other places when you play CS. You've definitely taken a liking to this place and it shows.
  • Patient
    You appear to be very patient
  • Spreading good vibes
    You improve the atmosphere for the better
No Shadi s-stop typing, don't show my issues!

Neutrals
  • You are well liked, by certain individuals
    What I mean by this is, I think you could expand your good persona around to more groups. You seem to select a few people to rely on and talk to, which is fine but it'd be nice to see this expand if you're comfortable doing it <3
  • Moderation
    I don't see you moderate that much, you definitely want the best for the community so I'm not going to say it's "selfish"
Cons
  • Authority
    I don't really look at you and think "damn I need to respect this guy" which can sometimes lead to people stepping on you
  • I don't think you'd be able to easily diffuse a heated situation, or handle a full server
    This stems from the fact that you lack authority, and that you're more of a "in-the-shell" kinda guy, this can ofc change tho - and you're welcome to prove me wrong
  • You don't pick Fox name anymore wtf?
    I give you one chance to fix, or I decline you
Conclusion:

Yes

I'd like to see how you handle your trial, and how well you'd moderate friend and "foe" alike. Your pros outshine the cons to me.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Lucius
nD* Jail Member

Post by Lucius »

Thank you all really very much for the kind replies! Im getting all blushy here, make it stop.
@Shadi Thank you for all the pros and for an extended reply. Now lets get to my issues (ohno)

Neutrals & Cons
You are well liked, by certain individuals
Moderation & Authority
I don't think you'd be able to easily diffuse a heated situation, or handle a full server

About moderation and authority, I do totally understand and agree with. I belivie that i've chosen to make people feel that way, and its mainly because I want to approach people in a respectful and- a friendly way. Therefore I completly understand if that makes me seem less serious. Explaining something for people so they understand what actually going on is a way I prefer to choose. Now about handling a full server all alone, It's not necessarily a thing that can be fixed, but it's mainly about having perspective of everything that goes on at the server at the same time (as much as the human brain and eyes can allow).

Generally for me, approaching people, would be the same idea. I'm not the pushy type of guy, I do my thing and try to be as nice as possible to everyone around me, and if it happens that you do not like me, then its really fine. You cant be liked by everyone and that is just life, hence when I notice that someone is "holding back" then I tend to let them be. If they happen ask me or want anything from me, I would answer, holding grudges just tears you.

I hope that makes my point clearer, please if any of you do have any questions or doubts with what I mean, just ask right away.
Yours sincerely, Lucius
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Accepted

Spam me on Discord/Steam for details
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Welcome young one!

Return to “Accepted Applications”