[Accepted] vDou's Application

All accepted Applications are stored here.
vDou

vDou's Application

Post by vDou »

- Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:25138260
- NickName : vDou
- Experience Level (including any previous admin work) : I've been a member 3 times before, and have been playing for a long time and know how the community works.
- Average amount of time on our servers per day : It varies. Some days I dont play at all, sometimes it can be 1-3 hours. Depends what sort of game I feel like playing.
- Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers? 2009 in Septemper.
- Do you have a working mic? Yes!
- After answering these questions, please provide a brief introduction of your life (hobbies, studies etc.) as well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers.

My name is Timo, I'm from Denmark but raised by the internet. Which means I know next to nothing about the danish culture, I dont speak the language that well, and pretty much speak english all the time. I'm in early retirement, currently working on getting a more permanent place to live. I've spent my whole life since I was 6 playing all sorts of games, ranging from Gameboy to the PC Master Race. If you know me personally, or talk to me a lot, you know that I am an open guy, with nothing to hide and has a a pretty vivid personality and is not afraid of using a whole lot of sarcasm and inappropiate jokes. However, I also know how to keep it cool when I need to. Being around people of a Heroes of the Storm community, I've met a whole lot of people who has taught me different things. But most of all, they also taught me some things about myself. When I meet new people, I'm usually very polite and very calm and don't say very much. But when I get to know them, and I feel like the time is right, I can whip out that true self sometimes. Which is what is very important for what I'm trying to do now.

Last time around, I said to myself.. "Hm, wouldn't it be amazing to be a member, AND to just be like yourself ALL the time?" Turns out, being "yourself" all the time is not the best idea in the world.. When that yourself is not very appropiate in a position of authority setting. I completely understand that, and I am willing to make a change for the greater good. I wont have such an explosive personaility as before, no. Only in private settings. In public, I'll strive to keep my cool and be a good moderator. I really want to help out, because I feel like Jailbreak needs a helping hand who is not afraid to get his hands a little dirty once in a while.

If there's any questions, I'll gladly answer them in this topic! (Please no spammerino)
ImageImage
doeda
VIP

Re: vDou's Application

Post by doeda »

I've always liked your moderation style and never saw a flaw in your rule knowledge, you've got my vote.
These users thanked the author doeda for the post:
infectedsushi
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

flanky

Post by flanky »

Fuck no. You keep leaving and joining whenever you please, whether it be because you don't like someone or just can't be bothered in general. You have a poor attitude and as I've stated, want to leave when you aren't happy.
These users thanked the author flanky for the post (total 2):
SiX, el mano
vDou

Post by vDou »

KingFlaNky wrote:Fuck no. You keep leaving and joining whenever you please, whether it be because you don't like someone or just can't be bothered in general. You have a poor attitude and as I've stated, want to leave when you aren't happy.
I get what you're trying to say, I really do. Who am I to just come in here whenever I want, and make an application and expecting to be accepted? Thing is, I've been here 6 years, leading up to 7. People are gonna have their breaks and whatnot concerning an old game. Everyone needs some time off every now and then. And when you get that crave from the fantastic game that Counter Strike 1.6 is, you of course return and play again to see whats up. In my case, I just really want to help out and make applications when I return.

And yes, I know I had a very poor attitude the last time around, and I am willing to explain that if you really want me to. The thing is, when I made that application back then, I was a changed man. I just wanted to be myself, and dick around with everyone, including my friends. However, being myself in a public setting is probably a good idea as you yourself have been witness to. As a member, you just need to kind of be that mature and chill guy, right? Not someone with an extreme vivid personality that whips out sarcastic jokes and minor harassment like its cereal in the morning. I get that, I really do. Since then, I've taken the time to get to learn a lot of new people to know, in a gaming community concerning Heroes of the Storm. You queue up with him, and talk to them like they're your friends and or family. In the start, you obviously want to have that Class Act, where you dont go off being yourself right of the bat, because you need to know if that person is okay with it. I wasnt thinking like that before, I was just being my explosive self all the time on the server.

The extention of my membership trial really hit hard at home, because the main thing I needed to change was how I was acting around people. Back then, I didnt know or want to change, because I just wanted to be who I always am around people that I know. But in a setting where I dont know the majority of the new people, that is not a good thing. I know I could've handled the extention differently, I do. I could've just manned up and not be a bitch about it. I understand that. But I have learned from my mistakes since then, I've gotten to know a wide arrange of new people from all over the world, that takes stuff in differently. I'm confident I wont make the same mistakes again.

And yes, I know that the fact I've been a member 4 times is not very convincing at all, but it all has its reasons.

The first time, I was a member when I was 14. I got KICKED for being immature, and just not handling situations very well. That is to be expected from a child though, so that is understandable.

The second time, I was around 15-16. This time it didnt go so well, as we all know. I had some personal issues with people who were targetting me directly, and I didnt handle it so way. It eventually got to me, the job stressed me out, and I quit because I didnt want to be in that setting. So I quit out of frustration, but I like to think that I did okay in the start of this membership, as it lasted considerably a lot longer than the rest.

My third time around, which was my previous membership, was where I just wanted to be myself. All the time. And never consider everyones differences. In the end, it didnt work out. As said previously, in a member position, you cant really be just yourself as you are to your friends right of the bat. There is of course a certain standard criteria to reach. I left when my membership trial got extended after 1 month and a half, because I took it WAY to personal. But I've learned from that now, and it was stupid. I can say that much.

I hope this settles all your doubts, I owe you at least that much.

EDIT-----
Thrashmands wrote:I'm not going to vote until you actually increase your ingame activity.
If you join the server only once (few minutes) in like several weeks, then you're no help.
Yes, my activity is rather low this time around in the beginning. Borderlining the 10 hour count in the past weeks. I want to play more in the near future, but currently I am only playing CS in my off time, afraid of getting burned out. Right now, my attention is on watcihng Supernatural on Netflix, and playing Heroes of the Storm with some Dying Light on the side. When I feel like thats no good, I go have a good time on CS. I would of course play more, now that my activity is getting monitored. But yeah.
ImageImage
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

yes
wodeen++

Post by wodeen++ »

Hello Timo

Pro's :
-mature
-good player
-english
-friendly ( not that much :c )
- good ruleknowledge

cons :
- you don't moderate that much
- seems you were busy lately because you have low activity in-game/forum

So Timo you said that you can be more active and you are busy a little bit at the moment
and this is good thing .. but you have to moderate more this is bad thing you know that already

my vote is Yes if you will be more activtiy and to moderate more and more ..

GoodLuck with your application .. have a good day
Everything in this world is either a potato or not a potato
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

What's different this time, vDou?
Edo ツ

Post by Edo ツ »

Last time you were a member you spammed the chatbox with a bunch of shitty micro faces of ppl
fuck off vdou

^Legit my opinion based on that fact.
Shadow Blade =)

Post by Shadow Blade =) »

vDou Thank you For listen for the hundredth time Your Apply YAYA

You Do Terrible Commanding Lovely Moderating Love your Voice

Cons

You Mic Spam

Its A Yes From Me By 98.65%
aNNeh

Post by aNNeh »

vDou wrote: And yes, I know that the fact I've been a member 4 times is not very convincing at all, but it all has its reasons.

The first time, I was a member when I was 14. I got KICKED for being immature, and just not handling situations very well. That is to be expected from a child though, so that is understandable.

The second time, I was around 15-16. This time it didnt go so well, as we all know. I had some personal issues with people who were targetting me directly, and I didnt handle it so way. It eventually got to me, the job stressed me out, and I quit because I didnt want to be in that setting. So I quit out of frustration, but I like to think that I did okay in the start of this membership, as it lasted considerably a lot longer than the rest.

My third time around, which was my previous membership, was where I just wanted to be myself. All the time. And never consider everyones differences. In the end, it didnt work out. As said previously, in a member position, you cant really be just yourself as you are to your friends right of the bat. There is of course a certain standard criteria to reach. I left when my membership trial got extended after 1 month and a half, because I took it WAY to personal. But I've learned from that now, and it was stupid. I can say that much.
You told me you got memory loss, I got kinda the same now since my accident and I honestly can't understand how you can remember that much with it? Can't be some really sick loss of memory then if you remember such unnecessary things. Other then that, you can probably guess that I think really bad of you. We had a rough time and well I don't give a shit anymore. After all and after reading how you think about your own membership "sessions" I doubt that you deserve any more chances. You can feel honored for being able to even count so high.
Spoiler!

Baht

Post by Baht »

vDou nah, sorry my friend but its weird with your comin and leaving.
When you were there the first time it was fun and guud, but you are screaming too much and you are weird at times.
Ppl dont consider you a senpai just a weird screamer (which i sometimes enjoy) (also im naked atm)
User received a forum warning for this post

I don't need a signature
Ken

Post by Ken »

I totally enjoy his screaming, :trollface:

But as Mr.Baht said, You're coming and leaving .
PoP^

Post by PoP^ »

pro

cool guy
i like him
friendly
opened person
funny
screaming

con

no cons for a perfect person
User banned 1 Day for this post
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Pros
funny (sometimes)
mature (kind of)
commands
has a good microphone

Cons
annoying voice :D
activity
I don't think he moderates too much (its hard to tell he isn't very active)
he can be weird sometimes. he can sometimes try to act and talk funny, but fail and turn out weird even tho he doesnt mean to be weird or rude. ("Oh you piece of shit you got no life!").

č0nćŁušł0n
i dunno, EXTEND maybe? and then accept him if he stops being weird from time to time and starts moderating
Last edited by Cruxell on Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nallez

Post by Nallez »

K0ntRa wrote:Pros
funny
mature (kind of)
commands
has a good microphone

Cons
annoying voice :D
activity
I don't think he moderates too much (its hard to tell he isn't very active)
he can be weird sometimes. he can sometimes try to act and talk funny, but fail and turn out weird even tho he doesnt mean to be weird or rude. ("Oh you piece of shit you got no life!").

č0nćŁušł0n
i dunno, EXTEND maybe? and then accept him if he stops being weird from time to time and starts moderating
1. He does moderate
2. The fuck do you mean ''extend him until he stops being weird'' are you fucking serious?
3. How can you put annoying voice as a con?!!??!!

Yes from me, in my eyes vDou has always been an excellent member and he can bring great atmosphere to the server.

Return to “Accepted Applications”