View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Friend of the Community

#16 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Konijn wrote:
Shadi wrote:
Do you want it to eventually almost mean nothing?

Yes? Isn't that a good thing? I thought the entire reason black people took an offensive word and turned it into a term of endearment was to belittle those who used it to oppress. By diluting the word and taking away the offensiveness it makes the impact of those trying to cause offensive with it less.

You can't state it as an obvious answer, it is nothing but objective. There still is an abundance of people who aren't budging and there always will be. It's a word used to justify slaughter, hate crime, abuse, lynching, torture, burning down and vandalising territory. There are still multitudes of black people who strongly believe, and for good reasons, that using the word is self-abuse. In addition to history that's being glossed over and forgotten, it also strongly encourages them into stereotypical behaviour based on their roots, often false/whitewashed ones.

Just because people use the word in a different context does not whitewash its entire history. There is a reason I worded it the way I worded it.

Before you think I'm anti using the word. I'm not actually sure what to believe personally, as a result of that I don't use the word because quite frankly it's almost never needed. Moreover, not using it is welcome in any environment. Nowhere, not even in the rap industry as many people believe, is it a word of necessity.

- Benjamin Franklin

Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 am

#17 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
who cares

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:55 am

#18 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Shota #PotatoV3 wrote:
nigga-Noun-informal, offensive
respelling of nigger (typically representing urban African-American speech)

Usage

The distinct pronunciation and spelling of nigga are sometimes deliberately adopted to distinguish it from nigger, especially when used by black people in a neutral sense. However, the word remains strongly racially offensive, especially when used by a nonblack person.

why do you always copy & paste shit to make yourself look smart, you probably don't even know what half of those words mean.

But now you're brains fried
You don't even act like you the same guy
Yo mama told you that drugs are bad
But you ain't listen till the fire burned yo ass now you understand

Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:13 pm

#19 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Nallez wrote:
Shota #PotatoV3 wrote:
nigga-Noun-informal, offensive
respelling of nigger (typically representing urban African-American speech)

Usage

The distinct pronunciation and spelling of nigga are sometimes deliberately adopted to distinguish it from nigger, especially when used by black people in a neutral sense. However, the word remains strongly racially offensive, especially when used by a nonblack person.

why do you always copy & paste shit to make yourself look smart, you probably don't even know what half of those words mean.

My other g right here HAHAHA

Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:32 pm

#20 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
ma niqqa

Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 pm

#21 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Removing the word 'nigger' from a racists vocabulary isn't going to change their mind on the subject of race. If you cannot change their viewpoint, instead of censoring their speech and pretending everything in the world is sunshine and butterflies, you should probably stop allowing a single word to hold any power over you.

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:43 pm
Friend of the Community

#22 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Its easier to say for some than others, because the word doesnt affect you doesnt mean everyone else should feel the same.

Cancer is another word a lot of people throw out very easily (myself included) when the condition has still caused a lot of people loss, grief and suffering.

I believe its dutch where saying it is considered pretty severe, im not surprised.

Sorry I cant really use apostrophes with this keyboard no idea where the button is, not home atm xD

- Benjamin Franklin

Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:33 pm

#23 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
I don't even know why did I create this useless stupid-ass topic to begin with.

Cancered out for a moment, I guess.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:16 am

#24 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Shadi wrote:
Its easier to say for some than others, because the word doesnt affect you doesnt mean everyone else should feel the same.

Cancer is another word a lot of people throw out very easily (myself included) when the condition has still caused a lot of people loss, grief and suffering.

I believe its dutch where saying it is considered pretty severe, im not surprised.

Sorry I cant really use apostrophes with this keyboard no idea where the button is, not home atm xD

I can understand babyboomers in the US, who are now in their 60s-70s and who actually lived during the american segregation, taking the stance of emotion but why a millenial born into the privilege of a western society with equality of opportunity would is beyond me. Using the "out of sight, out of mind" method is by no means how we progress further as it does not deal with the actual root of the problem.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:33 am
Friend of the Community

#25 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Emziek wrote:
Shadi wrote:

I can understand babyboomers in the US, who are now in their 60s-70s and who actually lived during the american segregation, taking the stance of emotion but why a millenial born into the privilege of a western society with equality of opportunity would is beyond me. Using the "out of sight, out of mind" method is by no means how we progress further as it does not deal with the actual root of the problem.

Because it is still a problem, you think racism upped and vanished?

- Benjamin Franklin

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:06 pm

#26 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
for real, imagine the 'nigga' or 'nigger' word is not forbidden
how it feels when i enter nD jailbreak and find someone to call me
"YOU FUCKIN NIGGA GIMME THE DAMN GUN "

eh. close this shit already.
it's not something to discuss.

Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:22 pm

#27 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Shadi wrote:
Emziek wrote:
Shadi wrote:

Do you think banning speech under laws such as "hate speech" laws solves the issue of racism?

Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:17 pm
Friend of the Community

#28 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Emziek wrote:
Shadi wrote:
Emziek wrote:
Shadi wrote:

Do you think banning speech under laws such as "hate speech" laws solves the issue of racism?

Nope, but I'd like people to stop acting surprised every time they see people not liking the word and see some common decency with people using it.

- Benjamin Franklin

Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2