View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

#1 Post Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Tell this to all the kids online joking about with the N word, including CS, neondragon servers too.

Even if this is not completely true, the N word's meaning does range around abusive and hostile terms either way, therefore should be taken serious.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:46 pm
neonDragon Admin

#2 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:05 pm

#3 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Spoiler: show
Konijn wrote:

What?

Sidenote - I created this topic after spotting jokur's report for the N word case. thought it was tryharding but after little research I took that thought out.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:28 pm
neonDragon Admin

#4 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
CHAOS wrote:
Konijn wrote:

What?

Sidenote - I created this topic after spotting jokur's report for the N word case. thought it was tryharding but after little research I took that thought out.

Context is everything. There is a clear difference between using the term in an endearing manner: e.g. "Ma niggaaa", "Wassup nigga", etc, and a derogatory way, which I'm sure you can figure out for yourself.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:43 pm

#5 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
nigga-Noun-informal, offensive
respelling of nigger (typically representing urban African-American speech)

Usage

The distinct pronunciation and spelling of nigga are sometimes deliberately adopted to distinguish it from nigger, especially when used by black people in a neutral sense. However, the word remains strongly racially offensive, especially when used by a nonblack person.

Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:38 pm
Profile WWW

#6 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Shota #PotatoV3 wrote:
nigga-Noun-informal, offensive
respelling of nigger (typically representing urban African-American speech)

Usage

The distinct pronunciation and spelling of nigga are sometimes deliberately adopted to distinguish it from nigger, especially when used by black people in a neutral sense. However, the word remains strongly racially offensive, especially when used by a nonblack person.

That part I highlighted is the most stupid part, why would you not be able to say a word if you have the freedom of speech

Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:59 pm
Friend of the Community

#7 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Konijn wrote:
CHAOS wrote:
Konijn wrote:

What?

Context is everything. There is a clear difference between using the term in an endearing manner: e.g. "Ma niggaaa", "Wassup nigga", etc, and a derogatory way, which I'm sure you can figure out for yourself.

While I agree, there is no reason to use any of it. It's glossing over facts and history, the word is blood soaked and finding ways to circumvent that just to use the word severely downplays that.

Now, whether you consider that positive or negative is up to the individual. Do you want the word to hold power? Do you want it to eventually almost mean nothing?

- Benjamin Franklin

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:36 pm

#8 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
yes me and majin vegeta are black.

There is freedome of speech, but i cannot guarantee freedom after speech

Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:18 am

#9 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Wayne wrote:

In real life, we'll notice it and respect it.

Online, who cares. Noone knows, what skin colour the N word shouter is on. And not everyone goes stalking your face reveals online.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:07 am

#10 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
There's no point of this, it's an extremely racially offensive word. Just because some black people use it normally and don't find it offensive together doesn't mean it isn't. In what way should it be okay to call someone a slave, Urban Dictionary is bullshit written by teenagers, why are you getting your proof and point support from there?
The word has history and none of it is clean, get over it. You don't have to use it or call someone that, and it should be moderated.
rofl.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:48 am

#11 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
CHAOS wrote:
Wayne wrote:

In real life, we'll notice it and respect it.

Online, who cares. Noone knows, what skin colour the N word shouter is on. And not everyone goes stalking your face reveals online.

Agree.

There is freedome of speech, but i cannot guarantee freedom after speech

Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:47 am
neonDragon Admin

#12 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Shadi wrote:
Do you want it to eventually almost mean nothing?

Yes? Isn't that a good thing? I thought the entire reason black people took an offensive word and turned it into a term of endearment was to belittle those who used it to oppress. By diluting the word and taking away the offensiveness it makes the impact of those trying to cause offensive with it less.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:17 pm

#13 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Konijn wrote:
Shadi wrote:

Yes? Isn't that a good thing? I thought the entire reason black people took an offensive word and turned it into a term of endearment was to belittle those who used it to oppress. By diluting the word and taking away the offensiveness it makes the impact of those trying to cause offensive with it less.

But I feel like it will always just depend on the context regardless of how much the word is diluted(Personally idgaf about the word).

She wanted to stop, but she was riding a wave of memory and it was carrying her backward to that night, that room, and the blood that had spattered her mother's star charts like the map of a new constellation.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:45 pm

#14 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Both nigga and nigger can hurt people's feelings, regardless of their race and using them should be moderated, unless if said as a joke, in which case the player should be warned to use other words. Still, our moderation seems to sometimes overly punish people, such as when Decency banned a guy on 24h due to a single usage of the word.

Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:26 pm

#15 Post Re: Now it makes sense, why is the N word forbidden for white people and everywhere online.
Konijn wrote:
Shadi wrote:

Yo this is my G right here

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next