View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

#1 Post[Accepted] Decency
Steam ID : STEAM_0:1:78260003
- NickName : Decency
- Experience Level (including any previous admin work) : I've been a Jail member here on nD twice.
- Average amount of time on our servers per day : 4-8 (can't say i'll keep this up)
- Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers? : 2012
- Do you have a working mic? : Yes
- After answering these questions, please provide a brief introduction of your life (hobbies, studies etc.) as well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers.

Hello, first of all I just want to say that I originally didn't plan to apply until next month or even later as I really wanted to deserve it and make a good reputation of myself before applying again but I do think I've done partly so already and didn't see a good enough reason to keep delaying.

I'm Decency. I've been playing in this community for around 4 years on and off, meaning I've been taken long breaks here and there. Reasons are that I got bored and tired of JB and other games interested me more.

Personality-wise I would say I'm quite a calm, collected and usually quiet guy, I don't really stand out by being the happy-talkative guy. I think I'm a good judge of character as well as having a good sense of judgement. I'm not the kind of guy to step in every time a swear word is mentioned, I prefer to let people talk the way they want unless it goes too far.

I live in a small comfortable apartment in Sweden together with my mom as my big brother moved out a year ago.
I studied computer science for a year but had an opportunity to pro in the game League of Legends so I took it and played for a while but I didn't really fancy it so I decided to go back to study. In 2 months school will start again and this time I will study sociology together with behavioural science as I didn't really fancy computer science either haha.
All my life I've been spending pretty much all my free-time playing games, so I do see myself as an hardcore gamer. As of right now I spend my time playing on the JB server, CS:GO and sometimes Overwatch.

Motivation

As far as my motivation goes it's basically the same as everyone else's, which is to keep a good atmosphere on the server by taking care of all the people with less than good intentions. Guide the newbies, punish the intentional rule breakers and most of all try to have fun with everyone.

I plan to smoothen the gameplay by moderating in a relaxed way but take quick action when needed. Thanks to my previous experiences as a member and general growth as a person I think I know how to handle situations in a better way than most.

Spoiler: show
Some who are not that active and played with me only on a few occasions might have a bad view of me as I did troll when I started playing again which was ~1 month ago so I apologize for that

Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:52 pm

#2 Post Re: Decency
When you first came back, you had a troll-ish attitude and was pretty much an annoying person. After seen you actually started to like playing Jailbreak again, you became who you were back in the days, and when you're that person, you deserve a membership imo. The thing that bothers me is that if you get declined, you might become a troll again.

Right now, my vote is blank, strongly leaning to a yes though, if you keep up the good work.

Good luck.

But now you're brains fried
You don't even act like you the same guy
Yo mama told you that drugs are bad
But you ain't listen till the fire burned yo ass now you understand

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:10 pm

#3 Post Re: Decency
You have improved somewhat since you've stopped trolling and using the n-word profusely about a month ago. But then, if gaining respect is really a goal of yours, I would've suggested that you shouldn't have said and done those sorts of things in the first place. To say you will stop just to become a member is a bit sycophantic. However, the fact that you have is a good thing. You are very calm but very triggerhappy as a CT, I've seen you break the rules on HNS days looking out the windows and things, pretending not to have done things wrong and refusing to answer inquiries as to why you did. I would say you're a mixed bag really, but good luck!

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:12 pm

#4 Post Re: Decency
Bucky wrote:
You are very calm but very triggerhappy as a CT, I've seen you break the rules on HNS days looking out the windows and things, pretending not to have done things wrong and refusing to answer inquiries as to why you did. I would say you're a mixed bag really, but good luck!

I admit I do my best to survive as a CT so I can understand being called triggerhappy, unless it's implied I've broken any rules.

Regarding the HNS day I know what you are talking about, You shot me through the window so I turned around and killed you, which is allowed(in self defense) If i didn't you would've killed me. I've indeed ignored you many times because on many occasions whenever I've tried explaining something you keep on arguing(or ignoring me totally) without acknowledging what I've written so I didn't see any point in arguing with you.

edit: didn't see the n-part until now, I don't recall ever saying that word. I do remember one guy namefaking Decency on bananamuffin writing that but it was not me.
Cheers for the replies!

Last edited by Decency on Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:30 pm

#5 Post Re: Decency
Nice guy commands well awesome dude +yes from me

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:50 pm

#6 Post Re: Decency
You said that you have been 2 times Jail member in the past. What is different now? Do you really want it or after 1-2 months you will be bored again and leave the team?

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:01 pm
Friend of the Community

#7 Post Re: Decency
#BlameItOnLeon wrote:
You said that you have been 2 times Jail member in the past. What is different now? Do you really want it or after 1-2 months you will be bored again and leave the team?

Decency didn't leave after 1 or 2 months but around 8 months in the team, also personally I'd rather a member to know his time is up than to get kicked for inactivity. You can't control whether people will get bored or not but it would be silly to not accept free help from competent people while they can still offer it.

Anyway Decency's one of the few guys I'm pretty confident in vouching for just based on forum attitude and what I know of him. He's a decent calm dude that'll do no harm and was always on his best standing, one of the best moderators and surely a fun guy to play with.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:10 pm

#8 Post Re: Decency
Maki wrote:
#BlameItOnLeon wrote:

Decency didn't leave after 1 or 2 months but around 8 months in the team, also personally I'd rather a member to know his time is up than to get kicked for inactivity. You can't control whether people will get bored or not but it would be silly to not accept free help from competent people while they can still offer it.

Anyway Decency's one of the few guys I'm pretty confident in vouching for just based on forum attitude and what I know of him. He's a decent calm dude that'll do no harm and was always on his best standing, one of the best moderators and surely a fun guy to play with.

Exactly well said Maki. He is one the best moderators imo out of nD plus he is old school but in a way which he isn't too harsh and he has been here for a long time and knows how everything works. A Yes from me here. Good Luck!

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:17 pm

#9 Post Re: Decency
#BlameItOnLeon wrote:

I had written a long text but Maki explained my thoughts better than myself, I can't control how I feel about certain things, sometimes you just get sick of something, and yeah I think it's better to have a decent member in the team than nothing at all. I don't see the problem with leaving and coming back as long as you did a good job.

Appreciate the replies :)

Last edited by Decency on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:28 pm

#10 Post Re: Decency
ffs mate there are alot jail members go to fun :( lmao i mayy goo toozzz

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:29 pm
neonDragon Admin

#11 Post Re: Decency
Honestly I am pretty disappointed with your general behaviour since you returned. At the start you were having to be moderated on a daily basis, I personally have had to tell you to follow the rules several times and I had reports in the same vein from others. Your trolling behaviour has gotten better yes but I think you still go too far sometimes. For example, just today I felt the need to ask you to behave when you shouted something along the lines off "Boo get off the stage loser" to Huniepop during his performance at the talent event.

You can be a great member, you were previously I've no doubt about that. But right now I feel like we have two copies of you, one who is this great member and person people can aspire to be like and this other one who is a nasty vicious troll. I'm very concerned about your latter behaviour as it has no place on our servers and I seriously question how genuine your member behaviour is.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:42 pm
Friend of the Community

#12 Post Re: Decency
I wasn't aware that you had showed a more trolly side of yourself, but knowing your actual potential if you "perform" exceptionally I see no issue in letting you return to the team. I actually believe you could be even better than last time as you've matured a lot age-wise since then.

So I think Maki's post makes sense to me, just a more doubtful version and one that wants you to work hard so we can determine the outcome positively in the next admin meeting.

So get back to your friendly self and it should hopefully be fine!

- Benjamin Franklin

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:52 pm

#13 Post Re: Decency
Konijn wrote:
Honestly I am pretty disappointed with your general behaviour since you returned. At the start you were having to be moderated on a daily basis, I personally have had to tell you to follow the rules several times and I had reports in the same vein from others. Your trolling behaviour has gotten better yes but I think you still go too far sometimes. For example, just today I felt the need to ask you to behave when you shouted something along the lines off "Boo get off the stage loser" to Huniepop during his performance at the talent event.

You can be a great member, you were previously I've no doubt about that. But right now I feel like we have two copies of you, one who is this great member and person people can aspire to be like and this other one who is a nasty vicious troll. I'm very concerned about your latter behaviour as it has no place on our servers and I seriously question how genuine your member behaviour is.

But why does that mean that he isn't ready to moderate a Jailbreak Server? Almost everyone posted in the chat at hte time that they thought he was using a youtube clip or whatever, I said boo in the mic a fair few times aswell as others but you don't scrutinise them for it at all? Besides, I rarely see any member nowadays moderate expect for vDou when he decides to join and give people CT bans before he leaves but he's somehow a member despite not showing any dedication or willingness to be here whereas Decency wants to be here and plays every day? Explain that one.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:58 pm
neonDragon Admin

#14 Post Re: Decency
flanky wrote:
Konijn wrote:

But why does that mean that he isn't ready to moderate a Jailbreak Server? Almost everyone posted in the chat at hte time that they thought he was using a youtube clip or whatever, I said boo in the mic a fair few times aswell as others but you don't scrutinise them for it at all? Besides, I rarely see any member nowadays moderate expect for vDou when he decides to join and give people CT bans before he leaves but he's somehow a member despite not showing any dedication or willingness to be here whereas Decency wants to be here and plays every day? Explain that one.

1) It's not about him saying boo, I get that's a joke but calling him a loser is going over the line and it didn't come across as a joke to me from the tone of his voice or the way he said it.
2) This topic is about Decency and his potential to be a member, not about the quality of the other members so keep on-topic.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:01 pm

#15 Post Re: Decency
First off, I'm not fond of your behavior in-game, which I find non-member-like. And I'm not speaking about you trolling because you said you stopped that, in general you seem a little bit too immature for this rank. You're a nice, calm guy but you aren't very mature. To be honest, I thought my eyes are trolling me when I saw you joined in 2012. Second, you should have waited a bit more before applying again. One month is far away from enough. Third, if I'm not mistaken you made no reports whatsoever lately. You must start reporting if you want this rank. Also, I didn't really see you moderating like... Ever.
On the other hand, you are friendly and helpful. I am very fond of your application which is excellent. You were a member twice here on nD, therefore you know how stuff works. That's a big pro.
The conclusion will be EXTEND, with no doubt. I was thinking between that and no, but I think you should be given a chance to prove yourself. Start reporting and moderating and act a bit more maturely and I'm sure you'll get this rank.

Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next