View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are no pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:56 am



Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Online
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Harstad, Norway
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 110 times
#31 Post Re: Suggestions
Pukata wrote:
Queen's Revenge wrote:
Pukata wrote:
No new VIP skins will be added, because we need to have a stable amount of so called "precache slots" (that is things like models, sounds, sprites take up). Maps and plugins takes up some of these "precache slots", and every server has a hardcoded limit of 512 (default cs precaches takes up to 450 slots alone). We are very close to that limit, and if we add too many models, we have 0 space left if we were to add a map in the future with some models in it, or any other extention that require one of these "precache slots". With 0 space left, the server crashes.

What about replacing them?
Also, sometimes you can't join the server (even if you try 10 times) because it says "reliable channel overflowed", checked with some people and they also get this. What could it be?


Usually happens on roundstart when the zombie mod resets itself, and has to set models back on every single player on the server. If too much is going on, too much information is sent to every player, which causes the player to overflow and disconnect. Yet another reason why we don't need more models. As for replacement, i need a wide opinion from all the VIPs on the server, who should decide whether they want to replace a skin. The skins were picked because of their uniqueness and quality, and some of the models presented on this topic are not of the highest quality when it comes to animations.

This also happens if the server is 31/32 players online. You have to wait until someone leaves the server or you will just get the "reliable channel overflowed" message.

One thing that i really think should be changed back is the price of maniac. Way, way to cheap at the moment. I used to play quite a lot of zombies but now i cant find myself joining the server since every round as a ct is impossible to win due to maniac being so cheap. I think at least adjust it back to what it was before you lowered it.

_________________
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Image


Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:00 pm
Profile
nD** Zombie Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 22 times
#32 Post Re: Suggestions
Waschera wrote:
Pukata wrote:
Queen's Revenge wrote:
Pukata wrote:
No new VIP skins will be added, because we need to have a stable amount of so called "precache slots" (that is things like models, sounds, sprites take up). Maps and plugins takes up some of these "precache slots", and every server has a hardcoded limit of 512 (default cs precaches takes up to 450 slots alone). We are very close to that limit, and if we add too many models, we have 0 space left if we were to add a map in the future with some models in it, or any other extention that require one of these "precache slots". With 0 space left, the server crashes.

What about replacing them?
Also, sometimes you can't join the server (even if you try 10 times) because it says "reliable channel overflowed", checked with some people and they also get this. What could it be?


Usually happens on roundstart when the zombie mod resets itself, and has to set models back on every single player on the server. If too much is going on, too much information is sent to every player, which causes the player to overflow and disconnect. Yet another reason why we don't need more models. As for replacement, i need a wide opinion from all the VIPs on the server, who should decide whether they want to replace a skin. The skins were picked because of their uniqueness and quality, and some of the models presented on this topic are not of the highest quality when it comes to animations.

This also happens if the server is 31/32 players online. You have to wait until someone leaves the server or you will just get the "reliable channel overflowed" message.

One thing that i really think should be changed back is the price of maniac. Way, way to cheap at the moment. I used to play quite a lot of zombies but now i cant find myself joining the server since every round as a ct is impossible to win due to maniac being so cheap. I think at least adjust it back to what it was before you lowered it.

You mean madness? If so then yes, it's rare the round people don't use madness to infect 2 humans only or something like that.

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:24 pm
Profile
Online
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 pm
Location: Harstad, Norway
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 110 times
#33 Post Re: Suggestions
Madness was the name. I knew there was something wrong when i wrote it.

_________________
"If one man can create so much hate, imagine all the love we can create together!"

Image


Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:57 am
Profile
VIP
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Andromeda
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 3 times
#34 Post Re: Suggestions
Increase price + make it so you can use it only once per round

_________________
Spoiler: show
You're amazing. Have a nice day!.


Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:52 am
Profile
nD** Zombie Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 22 times
#35 Post Re: Suggestions
Jmmys` wrote:
Increase price + make it so you can use it only once per round

Yes, a restriction should definitely be added.

_________________
Image


Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:12 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:28 am
Location: Nord
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 9 times
#36 Post Re: Suggestions
What about adding grenade options? Like fire grenade, for example, having options, such as "trip laser" to make it as a planted zombie "laser trap", "homing beacon" to make it follow zombies before exploding, "sudden impact" to make it work as soon as it touches anything, and such? There were few more there.

_________________
KaKao the odd man out :D
Image


Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:07 pm
Profile
VIP
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Andromeda
Has thanked: 15 times
Been thanked: 3 times
#37 Post Re: Suggestions
It's a fast paced game mod, humans already have no reload and forcefield grenades and in my opinion this type of grenades you suggested are unnecessary

_________________
Spoiler: show
You're amazing. Have a nice day!.


Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:28 am
Location: Nord
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 9 times
#38 Post Re: Suggestions
Jmmys` wrote:
It's a fast paced game mod, humans already have no reload and forcefield grenades and in my opinion this type of grenades you suggested are unnecessary

Err, didn't quite understand your point.

I'm just sayin', that there wouldn't be any extra grenade, the same HE (fire), flashbang (ice) and light (smoke), which is already in the server. They would just be given a few extra functions mentioned in my previous post here. I think it's 1 little plugin providing it all for grenades, but there are plenty (about 6, including the normal one).
And I don't see it ruining the experience for any player either. I myself find trip laser function damn fun. It can be a little bit of a sense of secuirty without any severe malfunctions (working only once when triggered, as your typical ice, fire or light grenade), unlike with real heavy lasers, that could be planted in the air and block the way of all zombies. Those kinds suck.

_________________
KaKao the odd man out :D
Image


Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:36 pm
Profile
nD** Zombie Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Has thanked: 57 times
Been thanked: 22 times
#39 Post Re: Suggestions
I agree with Jimmy here. As far as I understood the server is already "heavy" on plugins (?) and adding different nades would be unnecessary, like Jimmy said. From my pov the biggest problem at zm respawn atm is the mapcycle, so that's what we should be focusing on.

_________________
Image


Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:51 pm
Profile
nD* Fun Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
Has thanked: 34 times
Been thanked: 48 times
#40 Post Re: Suggestions
Can zombies in general be nerfed? Type /toplist then go mapcycle; You'll see that zombies win approximately 80% of rounds. I'd make it so that they have less HP and humans deal more damage.

_________________


Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:39 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 122 times
Been thanked: 322 times
#41 Post Re: Suggestions
Donald Dump wrote:
Can zombies in general be nerfed? Type /toplist then go mapcycle; You'll see that zombies win approximately 80% of rounds. I'd make it so that they have less HP and humans deal more damage.


That is the gameplay, so no.


Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:49 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.