Team switching

Image | IP: sg.neonDragon.net:27017 | Surf-Gungame Stats
Post Reply
User avatar
[email protected]$$
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 am
Location: Mumbai, India

Team switching

Post by [email protected]$$ »

Hi guys,

So it's a query that why is a level lost when you switch your team from the to ct and vice versa?? I think this needs to be fixed because I have noticed whenever the teams are unfair people(including me) hesitate to switch because of the level lost..... :/

Many times people from a team disconnected maybe because a pro from the opposite team knifes them a number of times... This makes the teams unfair and for autoteam balance everyone in a team has to be dead at a moment. This doesn't happen when there are more players online and instant respawn ofcourse
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D
User avatar
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 1482
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am

Re: Team switching

Post by zapt0r »

Basically, team switching is recognized as suiciding, hence why you lose a level. You can, however, switch team while you are dead without losing a level. You are dead for about 2 sec, which gives you a small window to switch team so it is not an optimal option.

An admin will have to look into the issue.
Regards,
zapt0r
User avatar
Joel Miller
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Re: Team switching

Post by Joel Miller »

Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.
Image
User avatar
cuddly teddy bear
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: on the internet

Re: Team switching

Post by cuddly teddy bear »

Joel Miller wrote:Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.
there could be a PTB:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26598
You can't describe something you hate as life, the same way you can't can't describe life as something you hate.

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.


[youtube]vTIIMJ9tUc8[/youtube]
User avatar
regit
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 3402
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany (NRW)

Re: Team switching

Post by regit »

cuddly teddy bear ツ wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.
there could be a PTB:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26598
I don't think this would work properly on the surf sever. Usually the plugins switches player teams on round end/begin. And depending on team score.
On Surf-GG there is ideally only one round. Everyone keeps respawning. (Sometimes round will end due to all players of one team being dead at the same time.)
User avatar
cuddly teddy bear
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:02 pm
Location: on the internet

Re: Team switching

Post by cuddly teddy bear »

regit wrote:
cuddly teddy bear ツ wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:Well most ppl change the team on their own to make a better player balance. Maybe sth like an autobalance system which wont cause level losing would help too. Currently there are sometimes teams like 8v4 coz no one wants to switch and lose the level. Even annoying for me allthough i always try to make a good balance.
there could be a PTB:
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=26598
I don't think this would work properly on the surf sever. Usually the plugins switches player teams on round end/begin. And depending on team score.
On Surf-GG there is ideally only one round. Everyone keeps respawning. (Sometimes round will end due to all players of one team being dead at the same time.)
oh yes i forgot about that...

there's another plugin that is in the lgk deathmatch that says 'Next dying Terrorist will be switched the Counter-Terrorist team' and vice versa, but i don't know the name of it.
You can't describe something you hate as life, the same way you can't can't describe life as something you hate.

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.


[youtube]vTIIMJ9tUc8[/youtube]
User avatar
Joel Miller
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Re: Team switching

Post by Joel Miller »

Sounds like a good thing cuddly. Auto balance is so needed on surf or the balance will always suck tbh. You can try to moderate ppl nowadays to make balance but they wont do it...and switiching them with the ndmenu will just cause anger and that they leave.
Image
User avatar
[email protected]$$
Posts: 687
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 am
Location: Mumbai, India

Re: Team switching

Post by [email protected]$$ »

Let's hope it gets fixed ASAP!! :roll:
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D
User avatar
MicroChip
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:05 am
Location: India

Re: Team switching

Post by MicroChip »

Funny thing is when you die by fall damage, you don't loose a level. This can be intentional/ accident so can't blame such a suicide by a level punishment. If I have low HP and am being chased by a player with a knife I can just use fall damage to suicide and save myself from loosing a level.

The only suicide which should make you loose a level should be typing kill in console or self made. I think the game recognizes team switch as" kill ; switch team ; revive. "The kill part is what is considered suicide and it's similar to typing kill in console so if this level lost is removed then players will be able to abuse it by typing kill in console when stuck In the cage/low. Fixing this is a difficult task.

Edit: So, I was playing on a server yesterday which used a plugin which we can use too to fix this.
So when you press 'm' or your 'jointeam' bind then it opens a menu like in /shop which has these options:
1. Switch to CT
2. Switch to T
3. Switch to spectator.

I can't say for sure but maybe we can try this plugin for team switch and see if the game recognizes this as suicide or no.
(^_-)
STEAM_0:1:207899326
:banana-rock: :happy-wavemulticolor:
Spoiler!
*DEAD* AL_7KoMa <3 : plzz no cmd you are very cmd man iam sry for that say
Elijahh : i am afk for 1 sec need to go toilet
Elijahh : if some1 can protect me i will protect you for ever
http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.ph ... =Search%21
Pukata
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4108
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Team switching

Post by Pukata »

Joel Miller wrote:Sounds like a good thing cuddly. Auto balance is so needed on surf or the balance will always suck tbh. You can try to moderate ppl nowadays to make balance but they wont do it...and switiching them with the ndmenu will just cause anger and that they leave.
No moderation needed in the context of teambalancing. There are no situations on the server where you would ever need to use the ndmenu to switch a player, and is a tool reserved for the jailbreak server only to switch bad CTs. Please do not abuse this feature.

[email protected]$$ wrote:Hi guys,

So it's a query that why is a level lost when you switch your team from the to ct and vice versa?? I think this needs to be fixed because I have noticed whenever the teams are unfair people(including me) hesitate to switch because of the level lost..... :/

Many times people from a team disconnected maybe because a pro from the opposite team knifes them a number of times... This makes the teams unfair and for autoteam balance everyone in a team has to be dead at a moment. This doesn't happen when there are more players online and instant respawn ofcourse
You dont loose level if you get killed by the map, e.g. falling off high ground. When dead you can quickly switch team, and is what i do every time i need to switch team. Its maybe not practical for most, but team switching sadly executes the same command as "kill" in console. Adding a plugin will have minimal effect, since majority of players will either not care about switching or never will know the command, no matter how much we advertise it. Not worth the troubles that regit posted, for a feature that will be used by 1-2 people.
MicroChip wrote:Funny thing is when you die by fall damage, you don't loose a level. This can be intentional/ accident so can't blame such a suicide by a level punishment. If I have low HP and am being chased by a player with a knife I can just use fall damage to suicide and save myself from loosing a level.

The only suicide which should make you loose a level should be typing kill in console or self made. I think the game recognizes team switch as" kill ; switch team ; revive. "The kill part is what is considered suicide and it's similar to typing kill in console so if this level lost is removed then players will be able to abuse it by typing kill in console when stuck In the cage/low. Fixing this is a difficult task.

Edit: So, I was playing on a server yesterday which used a plugin which we can use too to fix this.
So when you press 'm' or your 'jointeam' bind then it opens a menu like in /shop which has these options:
1. Switch to CT
2. Switch to T
3. Switch to spectator.

I can't say for sure but maybe we can try this plugin for team switch and see if the game recognizes this as suicide or no.
When we added level reduction when dying off the map, it pissed off alot of regulars on the server, and made the game much less enjoyable. Kill in console however was often abused in the past for the PRO's to kill themselves when they were about to loose a knife fight with low HP. They binded the command to a key. Pros can still escape but is now much harder.
User avatar
Joel Miller
Posts: 607
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Re: Team switching

Post by Joel Miller »

Pukata wrote:
Joel Miller wrote:Sounds like a good thing cuddly. Auto balance is so needed on surf or the balance will always suck tbh. You can try to moderate ppl nowadays to make balance but they wont do it...and switiching them with the ndmenu will just cause anger and that they leave.
No moderation needed in the context of teambalancing. There are no situations on the server where you would ever need to use the ndmenu to switch a player, and is a tool reserved for the jailbreak server only to switch bad CTs. Please do not abuse this feature.
With moderation i meant like asking them to make balance on their own. Never switched someone against their will or would do it, was just saying.

In conclusion, its sadly not possible to do anything about the team balance because like you said most players/regulars dont care anyway.
Unsatisfying :/
Image
User avatar
austria_wien
Posts: 547
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Team switching

Post by austria_wien »

Pukata wrote: When we added level reduction when dying off the map, it pissed off alot of regulars on the server, and made the game much less enjoyable. Kill in console however was often abused in the past for the PRO's to kill themselves when they were about to loose a knife fight with low HP. They binded the command to a key. Pros can still escape but is now much harder.
To be fair, I am using it always, when I am playing. Esp. on the last two levels. I think, that regulars know the parachute advantage. For me its uncommon that pro's are in the cage, if they don't want to.

I have no prob with that. Let it as it is, no rly point to change.
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.
Post Reply

Return to “Surf-Gungame”