Anything to improve?

Image | IP: sg.neonDragon.net:27017 | Surf-Gungame Stats
Pukata
neonDragon Admin

Anything to improve?

Post by Pukata »

I have noticed lately that surf servers popularity is slowly dropping again.

Sad news is that we have tried several ghost plugins (even the one on JB ), and all those plugins has an invisibilty bug, which we havent found a solution for, and which does that we cant add a ghost plugin, so dead players can surf while the rest finish the round.
And i noticed that many players are annoyed by the waiting time so they leave, which might be because of surf rounds last abit long. So maybe adding DM would be an option? I know it might bring some problems with spawnkills, but extending spawn protection might fix that. The surf server has potentials, which we shouldnt waste, so give your opinions, what can we improve, give proposals and and should we add DM?

The proposals you make, try think twice about it, and if its something that a random guy who joins the server would like, because we have many new players constantly joining the surf server. HLstatsX currently shows that +43 players who has never been in nD had joined the server last 24 hours, and if they dont stay it might be caused by the gameplay. So post what you think could be fun, and things other surf servers dosent have.
Dangan

Re: Anything to improve?

Post by Dangan »

I don't like the DM option, because it would be more like the fun server, which has failed several times, but we could have some events on it and I have noticed that hlstats haven't been working in there lately.

Second thing I have noticed is that when there's good regulars & members online, it dramatically increases the amount of players. For example when Laprot have been online or Kami, it makes people want to join, so I hope the regulars & members could spend more time in the server.
Maki

Post by Maki »

I also dont think that deathmatch is a good idea, also, when you join the server and you see someone spawning with a shotgun and directly killing you after the 5 seconds protection without you being able to do anything, it doesnt really makes you want to stay on the server. Some people might disagree, but in my opinion, we shouldnt get the guns back from last round, it gives an unfair advantage to the winning team and most of the time, the losing team has it hard to come back and win a round which is really annoying to be honest.. Thats all I can think about for now.
Ying and Yang

Post by Ying and Yang »

The "unfair advantage" can be avoided by extending the spawn protection. Tbh I never had any problems comin back from loosin the round.
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

ofcourse some rounds last until both teams die.. but when you arent patient enough to wait until then. than you might try to avoid to die in the beginning.
i didnt notice anything bad about the amount of players playing there per day. i think it grew since some weeks. when i started to play there we hadnt 5 vs 5 teams anytime a day. and now when i come around its normally 5 on 5 or more players. might be that ur statistic fails.

we shouldnt change anything about the server itself. when we need to do something than like dangan said: regular players or members who make the server more enjoyable and fun for all, who take out the spammers or insultive guys. thats what we have to keep on doing and as we always did, we need those type of players for different times to be playing. alike when i play at morning times, there has to be somebody to play at the evening, so players stay.

please dont change the server itself :)
Image Image
Путинтебяобстрелит

Post by Путинтебяобстрелит »

Lets make surf ski event again?
16:28 - .Cell.: cause ur black
Russia will rape ya.
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

i noticed today that alot of players left due too two campers ( from The Bad Lord clan ) they were both camping with AWP/autosniper in spawn and on T2 which was really annoying.
Laprot the Freekiller

Post by Laprot the Freekiller »

@kami +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

It´s not the server or something mod or blalbnlablabl. It´s simply lack of the good players, It´s the same with Dust2. Aslong no1 of the awesome players play there (no1 will play there).

nuff said.
"A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful."
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

Laprot wrote:@kami +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

It´s not the server or something mod or blalbnlablabl. It´s simply lack of the good players, It´s the same with Dust2. Aslong no1 of the awesome players play there (no1 will play there).

nuff said.
I've brought some good players there myself, and I hope anyone else can try do it! :) Here is 3 of them even tho they don't play there often : I'll try to get more players that is good to the server so the rounds wont last forever! :)
Laprot the Freekiller

Post by Laprot the Freekiller »

Sp!!tZz^!!<3 wrote:
Laprot wrote:@kami +11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

nuff said.
I've brought some good players there myself, and I hope anyone else can try do it! :) Here is 3 of them even tho they don't play there often : I'll try to get more players that is good to the server so the rounds wont last forever! :)
Good job Sp!!tz, keep it going.
"A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful."
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

People want to play with people they're used to play with, or have talked to, therefore it's the way to increase the population of the server. Make other people in the server accustomed to the PEOPLE in the server and not necessarily the server's functions. Ergo it's the joy of recognition, that's what turn people into regulars and make them intrigued in a community if they have nothing nice to return to, then my good folks, tell me why they fuck they even would? Yeah indeed, that's intricate.

Nonetheless, I respect what Laprot, Spiitz and Co are doing to increase the server population, a change could be that you make the rounds like mY.RuN and strip weapons at the start of every round, that way people don't die fast and they can surf around for longer if fortunate enough.

Changes in general would be redundant the amount of players is biased on how long the servers have been there, how used people are to play there and if they have friends there. Working on the servers is not a wrong thing, it's just additional boosting and not essential to the players' liking of the server. Who gives a fuck about 30 minutes work that could make 1 more player stay? I don't know if you guys have realised but mass inviting is definitely the thing attracting the players and do the same thing as you do... it might seem difficult from time to time, sometimes Laprot gets people on dust and they dissapear in a blink of an eye, but he keeps trying untill they actually have fun.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
Spiitzz
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Liiinosh

Post by Liiinosh »

I agree that there should be more members online, because alot of harrassing is going on all the time and making people leave, hell, even i leave if someone calls me a "fucking noob bitch" everytime i get a legit kill with the m3.

Another problem i am currently having problem with is that something that laprot described as a bugg, is that my steam doesent want to work on the surf server, so it says that i am an no-steam player, the same time as i am talking to laprot on steam.
This means that all of my points that i get when i am playing, is not added to my REAL score, and that is not good at all, because i am/was one of the top list players, but now my scores is fading away.
ZnK

Post by ZnK »

Liiinosh wrote:I agree that there should be more members online, because alot of harrassing is going on all the time and making people leave, hell, even i leave if someone calls me a "fucking noob bitch" everytime i get a legit kill with the m3.

Another problem i am currently having problem with is that something that laprot described as a bugg, is that my steam doesent want to work on the surf server, so it says that i am an no-steam player, the same time as i am talking to laprot on steam.
This means that all of my points that i get when i am playing, is not added to my REAL score, and that is not good at all, because i am/was one of the top list players, but now my scores is fading away.
You can report pepole when members arent ingame, read: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5493 and http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5492.

I dont think that the Steam problem can be fixed, i had it a while and none was enable to help me to get my STEAM-ID back.
Liiinosh

Post by Liiinosh »

znktheman wrote:
Liiinosh wrote:I agree that there should be more members online, because alot of harrassing is going on all the time and making people leave, hell, even i leave if someone calls me a "fucking noob bitch" everytime i get a legit kill with the m3.

You can report pepole when members arent ingame, read: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5493 and http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=5492.

I dont think that the Steam problem can be fixed, i had it a while and none was enable to help me to get my STEAM-ID back.

I usually just tell them to stop, i am no good at computers so i'd just leave it there, okay, well my steam ID works on the zm server and all other servers, it stopped working completely last night and it hasnt been working a few times before that.
I can just hope for the best i guess haha :)
ZnK

Post by ZnK »

Liiinosh wrote:
znktheman wrote:

I usually just tell them to stop, i am no good at computers so i'd just leave it there, okay, well my steam ID works on the zm server and all other servers, it stopped working completely last night and it hasnt been working a few times before that.
I can just hope for the best i guess haha :)
You dont need to be an expert to do a report, haha. You can call me or a member if you get problem in-game.

I cant help you with the Steam problem, i did just wait for a hour and i was back to normal, lets hope it will get fixed for you too. :)

Return to “Surf-Gungame”